Chapter Seventeen

얼음꽃 (Frost Flower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Chapter Seventeen |

“But I didn’t know where the door was so I went around in circles until a kind soul showed me the way at last. Of course I ended up late. When I met her I tried to ease the situation by calling her the queen of the empire of my heart. She got madder and said I made her sound old.”

 

Taeyeon paused to throw another shot back. At this point, Yoona was laughing so hard that tears were building up. “First of all, you are so poor with directions I don’t even know what to say. Second of all, there’s a reason why I call girls princesses,” She managed to reply while choking back her laughter. It had been too long since someone made her laugh like that without even trying.

 

“Yah, you could try consoling me instead of being a sadist.”

 

Clearing and sitting up, Yoona put on a serious face, “Fine, fine… so, is the queen of the empire of your heart, okay, wait, I can’t…” She burst out in another laughing fit, clapping her hands loudly.

 

“I swear I’ll throw you out myself, you moron.”

 

The girl chuckled some more but settled down seconds later, “Okay, okay, I’m done. How long has your queen been mad for?”

 

“Couple of days. It’s driving me nuts already. She replies to my texts hours later, refuses to pick up my calls...” The blonde looked really vexed. She rarely got into arguments with her girlfriend and it made her upset thinking about how fragile the whole relationship was.

 

“Boy. Two years you’ve been together and she chooses to get angry over your poor choice of words?”

 

“She said it wasn’t about that. It was more about how much my time management . But it wasn’t my fault I didn’t know the way, Yoong.” Taeyeon pouted, downing another shot and swiping at with the back of her hand.

 

“I know, I know. Women have issues sometimes.”

 

Lifting an amused brow, the blonde chuckled, “You do know we all belong to the same category, right?”

 

“Hey, I’m a woman, minus the problems. I know I wouldn’t be furious at my girl over nothing, if I even had one to begin with. Don’t worry about it, these things always blow over. I’ll talk to her when I get the chance.”

 

“Please do. I’m running out of ideas. Anyway, how’re things on your side?”

 

“I leveled up,” Yoona grinned, “It was only a matter of time anyway. The more she tries to avoid it, the more she ends up falling for me. I’m that fascinating.”

 

“I hate to say it but you really have your way with women. Here’s to that.” Taeyeon raised another shot glass to her lips, finishing her fourth shot that evening. “Ugh, that’s good. Can we get more of these?”

 

“Easy on the drinks, Taengoo, it’s barely ten. I won’t have you puking in my car later.” Patting her friend’s back, the girl turned to sip at her cranberry juice. She had been nice enough to volunteer herself as designated driver that night and was planning on doing her job well.

 

“Um, Yoong, do you happen to know that girl?”

 

“Who? Where?”

 

“Nine o’clock. I think she’s waving at you.”

 

Turning her head, Yoona’s eyes lit up at the sight of the person, and she waved back enthusiastically.

 

The girl soon approached them, a demure smile on her lips, “Y-Yoona unnie, right? What a coincidence…”

 

“Just Yoona, please. Good to see you again, uh, sorry, I don’t think I got your name the other night.”

 

“It’s Krystal.”

 

“Right, Krystal, allow me to introduce my friend, Taeyeon. Taeyeon, Krystal.”

 

The two exchanged a brief handshake before the young girl settled down beside Yoona.

 

“Where’s your sister?”

 

“I think she’s out with Fany unnie…”

 

At her girlfriend’s name, Taeyeon’s head snapped up, “Wait, you’re Jessica’s sister? She’s out with Tiffany? Where are they?”

 

“I’m sorry, who--”

 

“Overly attached girlfriend.” Yoona cut the girl off before she could finish, earning a hard nudge in the ribs.

 

“Oh. Sorry, I didn’t ask where they were headed.” Krystal replied.

 

“Never mind,” Taeyeon waved it off. It wasn’t exactly a good idea to crash Tiffany’s night out with her high school best friend. Turning to the girl, she asked, “Shots?”

 

“I’ve never tried any…”

 

“Does your sister allow you to drink?” Yoona butted in again.

 

“She doesn’t know I’m here. I try not to tell her these things so she doesn’t worry too much. It’s not like I’d get myself killed or anything.”

 

“That’s not right, my dear. She’s your sister; she has a right to know.”

 

When Yoona noticed how guilty Krystal was looking, she immediately added, “Well, since you’re already out, let Taeng buy you something to drink. A little bit of alcohol can’t hurt.”

 

---

 

“Guess I was wrong.” Yoona sighed as she dabbed at the young girl’s mouth with some napkins. They were in her car and she was driving the girl home after dropping Taeyeon off when she got sick halfway. Seemed she was going to have to clean her car up after all.

 

“I’m so sorry, this is my fault… I promise I’ll help you wash this later…” Krystal mumbled, head still spinning. All it took was a cape codder to knock her out. It was delicious at first but now she felt so terrible she would swear never to go near booze ever again, at least not without someone around to send her home safely.

 

“Don’t worry about it. Let’s just get you home.” Rolling down the windows to let in some fresh air, Yoona did her best to drive steadily so the girl’s stomach could settle down.

 

When they stopped at a traffic junction, there was a steady buzz coming from the pocket of the girl’s jeans. Seeing her already sound asleep, Yoona cautiously retrieved the cellphone. Uneasiness came over her when she saw who had called.

 

Jessica.

 

Taking a deep breath, she pushed a button and lifted the device to her ear, “Hi.”

 

“Jung Soojung! Where the heck have you been? It’s almost five in the morning! I’ve been calling for hours on end and you choose to answer only now? Who are you with?”

 

“Miss Jung, I’m gonna have to ask you to relax.”

 

“Y-Yoona? What’s going on?”

 

“Shh, you’re gonna wake her. She’s okay, she’s with me.” The girl whispered lowly, eyes darting towards the sleeping girl to make doubly sure she was alright.

 

“What? She’s sleeping with you?”

 

Smacking her forehead, Yoona hurriedly followed up, “No, no. She’s in the car with me. I’m sending her home this minute.”

 

“Why is she even with you? Where did you take her?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter