Final

얼음꽃 (Frost Flower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Final |

-Five Months Later-

 

Yoona propped her elbows onto the table, a dreamy look upon her face. Her eyes were locked on the one person addressing all the heads in the room.

 

Oh, how perfect she looked… delivering all the plans and reviews so smoothly and confidently. Although Yoona was not exactly sure what the word meant, she thought the woman definitely had swag.

 

The strings of words coming out of the woman’s mouth were streaming in one ear and out through the other, barely making any sense to her at all. But she didn’t really give a damn. After all, it was the final meeting of the year and her brain was already on holiday mode and no longer processing anything that had to do with work.

 

Her shameless ogling was interrupted by a vibration in her pocket, followed by a blaring ringtone.

 

 “Geurae wolf naega wolf awoo…”

 

Everybody turned to stare immediately, including the woman who was previously speaking. Pulling out her cellphone at once, Yoona switched it off and cursed herself for being such an idiot. How could she have forgotten to power off her device during such a crucial meeting?

 

Stressful silence filled the room after she slid her cell back into her pocket. Something like that had never happened before.

 

Tiffany’s eyes darted back and forth between Yoona and the intimidating woman, wondering what was going to happen.

 

Yunho, still the same bonehead, was chuckling under his breath fiendishly, anticipating some sort of drama.

 

“Im Yoona.”

 

Scratching the back of her neck, the girl nodded quickly, “I apologize, Miss Jung. I understand if you see the need to lecture me in front of all these people so go ahead.”

 

The woman crossed her arms and pulled a slight pout, “I’ve been telling you to do something about that ridiculous ringtone for months. What happened to the Keroro theme song I sent you some weeks ago?”

 

Brows rose.

 

Eyes widened.

 

Jaws dropped.

 

Nobody had anticipated that response at all. Miss Jung simply did not seem like the sort of person who would be tolerating such nonsense and talking about some adorable frog cartoon character.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, appeared to have seen that coming, and she snickered, “I’m certainly not lame enough for that.”

 

“Lame? Yah, you promised.”

 

“Yes, lame,” The girl repeated herself, “And you must’ve heard wrong. I would never agree to something like that.”

 

Kris, who was chairing the meeting, was rather intrigued by the childish banter. But there were too many important people present, and he cleared his throat briefly to stop the couple. Jessica understood at once and stopped herself from going further.

 

Taking a small breath, she asserted curtly, “It seems we need to have a talk after this, Miss Im,” She shot the girl an icy glare and received a playful smirk in return. “Anyway, as I was saying before that completely ridiculous disruption, no company has the ability to operate individually in the market…”

 

Yoona sank further into her chair and resumed her staring.

 

---

 

The meeting soon came to an end and everybody dispersed rather excitedly for the cocktail reception.

 

“Well… it’s been quite a year, hasn’t it?”

 

“Yes, it has…” Jessica smiled, lifting a cup of tea to her lips, “How are things with Seohyun? All good?”

 

“She has so much planned for the holidays and I’m a huge part of it,” An anxious Kris shrugged his broad shoulders, “Guess we’ll just have to see how things play out… I’ll keep you posted.”

 

“Make sure you do.” Where her friend’s dating life was concerned, the woman wanted to make certain that he settled down with somebody right for him. He was one of the nicest people she knew and he deserved the best. Seohyun seemed like the perfect candidate in this case.

 

“How much time will you girls be spending in Thailand again?”

 

“Two weeks.”

 

Nodding comprehensively, Kris continued, “Keep an eye on Amber for me. Be sure not to let her have too much time alone with Krystal. You know teenagers and their raging hormones.”

 

Jessica giggled, “Yes, Mr. Wu.”

 

“Am I interrupting?” Yoona showed up out of nowhere, two plates piled high with food in her hands.

 

“Ah, the girl with the annoying ringtone,” Kris joked lightheartedly, “I’ll be on my way. You girls have fun. See you next year!”

 

Turning to her girlfriend, Yoona smiled, “Hungry?”

 

“Not really. We have a plane to catch so if I were you I’d put all those fruit tarts back so we could get going.”

 

“I’d gladly do so if Miss Jung gives me a kiss,” The girl leaned forward and puckered up but was given a push in the head instead. “Ow,” She pouted, “I’m just asking for one simple kiss, that’s all.”

 

“Yah, I’ve given you plenty of those. Just not in the office, okay?” Jessica removed the plates from her girlfriend’s hands and set them down, “Let’s get going, Soojung says--”

 

Yoona broke the woman’s sentence off by leaning in and capturing her lips in a soft kiss. Before Jessica could throw a fit, the girl grinned cheekily, grabbed her hand, and led her off hastily.

 

They eventually made it to the airport, where they met up with Taeyeon, Tiffany, Krystal, and Amber.

 

“This is my first triple date, Taetae! How exciting!” Tiffany linked arms with her girlfriend and cuddled close to her.

 

“Me, too. I never thought we would ever be doing this, especially not with Yoong,” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Yah, what do you mean by that?” Yoona demanded as Krystal and Amber exchanged amused glances.

 

“Oh, I don’t know. I remember somebody telling me before that she’d rather kill herself than spend time being in a meaningful relationship with one person,” Taeyeon went on and Yoona rolled her eyes.

 

“Fine, fine. That was a nothing but a stupid and rash statement, okay? Besides, it was such a long time ago. I would appreciate if you’d stop trying to make me look bad in front of my girlfriend,” She wrapped her arm around Jessica’s waist, pulled her close, and pecked her on the cheek.

 

“Aww…” Krystal sighed, “I’m so jealous.”

 

“Don’t be,” Amber spoke, ruffling up the girl’s hair, “I could give you a kiss, too. I mean, only if you want…”

 

“Yes, please,” Smiled Krystal. But before their lips could meet, a hand came between their faces.

 

“Sorry. Kris’ instructions,” Jessica pointed out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter