Chapter Ten

얼음꽃 (Frost Flower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Chapter Ten |

An annoyed Yoona sank even further into her couch when her doorbell rang for the eighth time, and she squeezed her Rilakkuma soft toy a little tighter. Expecting whoever was at the door to leave, a frown passed over her features when the ringing was replaced with frantic knocking. Seconds later, everything stopped and all was still again.

 

“Finally…” Sighing to herself, the girl stretched herself out and yawned, ready to sleep her Saturday afternoon away. Her eyelids had barely touched when…

 

“Geurae wolf naega wolf awoo…”

 

“Ugh!” Yoona sat up with a huff and grabbed her phone off the table before answering in an irritated voice, “Hello?!”

 

“Yoong, thank goodness. You’re home aren’t ya?”

 

“Oh, hi, Tae. Yes, I am. What is it?”

 

“Uh, you might wanna try opening the door ‘cuz I’ve been waiting out here for the past ten minutes…”

 

“Right. Sorry. Be there in a second.” Yoona cursed herself for being an idiot as she hurried over to get the door for her poor friend.

 

“About time…” The shorter girl grinned and stepped into the apartment, heading straight for the kitchen to get herself something to drink.

 

“Sorry. I had no idea it was you. Thought it was another one of those nonsensical sales people. There’ve been quite a few of them these days.” Yoona joined her, examining the open fridge before pulling out a can of beer.

 

“Whoa. Beer so early.” Taeyeon raised an amused brow, grabbing Diet Coke for herself. The girl merely shrugged in response as she cracked the can open, emptying half its contents in one go. Taeyeon watched as she swiped at , instantly figuring out that something was amiss.​

 

“Everything okay, Yoong?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Okay, fine. No.” Yoona finished the rest of the beverage and tossed the can into a nearby bin, ignoring it and walking away when it missed and toppled out with a loud noise instead.

 

Picking the trash up and chucking it properly, Taeyeon took quick strides towards the living room, watching the girl plunk herself onto the sofa and cuddling Rilakkuma to her chest. Swiftly settling down beside her, Taeyeon waited for a few seconds before speaking up, “So… no plans for the weekend?”

 

“What’s it look like?” Yoona half mumbled, eyes staring into the distance.

 

“All your girlfriends occupied?” Taeyeon took a guess. Maybe the girl was only behaving like this because of ual frustration. It was normal.

 

“Nah… I’m just a little tired…”

 

“From work? Has it really been that bad?”

 

“Work’s fine. I’m having fun.”

 

“What’s the issue then? Wanna talk about it?”

 

“No.” Yoona muttered, still expressionless.

 

“Yah, why’re you being like this? Talk to me. I can help.” Taeyeon wrapped an arm around her friend’s shoulder soothingly.

 

“If I tell you… will you promise not to judge me?”

 

“Ten years, Yoong. It’s been ten years. You should know me by now.” Speaking in a comforting tone, Taeyeon tightened her grip on the girl’s shoulder.

 

Exhaling deeply, Yoona fidgeted a little before saying her next sentence like a bullet train, “I think I might be in love.” Before Taeyeon could respond, she added, “For real this time. I don’t even know anymore.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter