Chapter Three

얼음꽃 (Frost Flower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Chapter Three |

“Geurae wolf naega wolf awoo…”

 

Yoona jolted out of her dreams at the sudden noise, fumbling underneath the sheets for her blasted cellphone. She caught hold of it at last, answering the call with her eyes half-closed.

 

“Hey, Yoona.”

 

“I’m sorry, who’s this?” She mumbled, evident fatigue in her voice.

 

“It’s Dara.”

 

“D-Dara?” The girl’s eyelids flew open at the name. It was that hot girl she met at the bar some weeks ago.

 

“Yah, have you forgotten me? Pabo!”

 

“No, no! I’m just surprised that you would even call me! How could I possibly forget you? You’re easily one of the--”

 

“Shush. I was just wondering if you wanted to come over for breakfast. I think I might have made too many pancakes.”

 

“Mm… now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry…” No, she wasn’t. But when somebody as sought-after as Sandara Park personally invited you over, there was no reason to say no, especially if you were an adventuresome person like Im Yoona.

 

“Is that a yes?”

 

“Well…”

 

“What?”

 

“That depends on what you’re wearing… wanna tell me?” A sly smile spread across Yoona’s lips as she spoke, already conjuring images of the girl in that twisted mind of hers. For her, it was never too early to be a .

 

“Find out for yourself. I’ll text you my address. See you in a bit, darling.”

 

“You betcha.”

 

Jumping off the bed, the girl punched her fists in the air victoriously, “Assa! Breakfast, here I come!”

 

---

 

After freshening up, Yoona half stumbled down the stairs, making a beeline for the shoe cabinet. Pulling out a pair of sneakers, she was about to put them on when her doorbell rang. Brows lifting in curiosity, she headed over to the door and stared through the peephole, taken aback by the person she saw.

 

“What the heck is he doing here?” She muttered to herself, pounding her forehead with her fist.

 

Again, the doorbell rang.

 

Heaving a sigh, she put on a small smile before throwing the door open, “Hey, dad. What brings you here?”

 

“Ah, I see you’re all dressed. Good. Come, let’s talk over breakfast.” A lanky, fair-skinned man with greying hair in his late forties stood before her. He was dressed in a formal suit and did not look like one to be trifled with.

 

Yoona inwardly cursed at his request. She knew this was not going to be good. For one thing, the words ‘talk’ and ‘breakfast’ just did not belong in the same sentence. As far as she was concerned, talking meant serious business. The last time they had one of these talks, she was forced to go on a blind date with some third-rate manager of some crappy company who had a creepy obsession with mushrooms.

 

“Um… now’s not a good time, dad. I’m dressed for a reason. I gotta meet a friend for something important.” She lied, avoiding his eyes. He would skin her alive if he found out where she was really going.

 

“Are you still jobless?”

 

“What has that gotta do with anything?”

 

“Oh, more than you think you know. Come now, chauffer’s waiting.” The man turned and walked off before she could reply.

 

Murmuring another obscenity, she begrudgingly put her shoes on before slamming the door behind her. Grabbing her cell, she hurriedly texted Dara, “Let’s reschedule breakfast. My old man decided to show up out of nowhere. He seems to have something crucial to tell me.”

 

---

 

“I think it’s a rather good opportunity. What do you think?” The man looked up from his coffee seconds later when there was no response, catching his daughter grinning down at her Galaxy S4 busily typing away. Knitting his brows in frustration, he reached forward and snatched the device from her hands.

 

“I’m sorry! Please give it back, dad. No, no, no, don’t read that, don’t read that!”

 

Too late.

 

“What does ‘I’m taking your sweatpants off now’ mean?” As the man squinted down at the screen and read the words aloud, Yoona felt her face heat up.

 

“Um… my friend needs to get her laundry done later on and she wants me to give her a hand. Can I please have my cell back? I’ll keep it.” She stretched her hand out but the man stuffed it into the pocket of his pants.

 

“I’ll return it as soon as we’re done talking. Now, back to what I was saying. The interview is taking place this Friday.”

 

“What interview?”

 

“Have you not been listening? Jung Enterprises finally has an opening. According to Chairman Wu, they’re looking for a HR head.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter