5: Jeguk vs. Kirin - Basketball

The Heirs and The Idols || -read latest chapter

Narrator's POV (Ft. Anneliese and Adrian)

"-sit here. I'll go get you fresh new ice packs" Rachel said, sitting Jade back next to her locker. While she was gone, Jade noticed 12 figures walk through the hallways.

"jagi-"

"Shh!" Jade said harshly putting a finger to her lips. "Do you know where the bathroom is?" Kris asked, putting on his poker face, despite knowing how close she is to them.

"Molla, why should I tell you?" Jade spat, keeping her cold front. The girl looked at the cameras and noticed the red light off "...that's odd"

"What's odd?" Sehun asked.

"The cameras...they're off." She responded and smiled at them "Sorry, the bathroom's down that hallway to the right"

"Gomawo Jinri-ah" D.O smiled gratefully, running there. "Yah, if Kyungsoo's the only one who needed to go, then why are you all walking with him?" She asked. "It makes a bigger impact." Suho shrugged, making her laugh. Baekhyun sat next to her and kissed her stinging cheek

"Does it hurt a lot?" He asked.

"Not anymore." Jade looked at him, "now that you healed it." All the boys except for Baekhyun, groaned.

"Jade! Are you talking with someone?!" Rachel yelled

"!" Jade hissed and quickly pecked Baekhyun on the cheek before pushing him away.

"Aigoo" he said quickly maintaining his posture.

"Rachel, these little are bothering me" Jade said, glaring at them, as Rachel returned with her ice packs.

"EXO. Beat it" Rachel hissed, "leave her alone."

"You can't tell us what to do" Kai scoffed.

"My school. My rules. Shoot." Rachel demanded. The boys glared at Rachel and Jade before leaving.

"Jesus Christ, Chen. I can tell why your girlfriend hates that chick." Luhan remarked, to which all of EXO agreed. 

"I've got to say I'm impressed Jade." Rachel smirked. "What are you talking about?" Jade said innocently. "Listen. I know everything that happens around here. Looks like Layla and Princess aren't the only ones keeping secrets with those boys." Rachel sneered. "Bwoh?" Jade asked.

"You and Baekhyun. Layla and Chen. Princess and Luhan. Wow. Infatuating with the rivals. I never knew you'd go that low" 

"I know something about you too Rachel Yoo, so you better watch your mouth" Jade snapped, "no one can know about me and Baekhyun. No one. That goes for Princess and Luhan."

"And what exactly do you know about me?" Rachel challenged.

"Don't mess with me. Or this will go on the PA." Jade said, and Rachel widened her eyes.

"Oppa! Harder! Oh my god!"

"Say my name"

"LEE HYOSHIN!"

"Where the did you get that?!" Rachel panicked, losing her cool facade.

"If you're going to do that, go to the soundproof rooms." Jade replied, changing into her uniform.

***

"Ah ...where am I..." D.O said walking around the halls of Jeguk High, "why is this place so damn huge?!"

"Crap!" A girl cursed, running around the halls. She was looking at her watch, paying no attention to anything else. "I'm so late! They're going to kill me!"

"Excuse me" D.O said grabbing her arm, making her skid to a stop.

"Yah! Bwoyah?! Nuguya!" The girl yelled at him rudely. "I just want to know how to get out of here," he said. "I'm lost"

"Well that's a shock." She spat. "Listen. I don't have time for your bullcrap. So sorry, not sorry"

"yah. Show me the way out of here before I show my mean side." D.O said "I have somewhere to go too."

"Mine is more important." The girl huffed "now let go of me! I need to go!"

"No. Not until you show me out" D.O said gripping her arm tightly. She scoffed at him before slapping his cheek. He looked at her in shock before memorizing her name tag. The girl gave him one last glare before running away "Aish! chincha. You will pay for this Aneliese Song"

"Kyungsoo....?" Jade said, limping towards him, "what are you doing in the Money Management hallway?"

"Jinri-ah, I got lost." He said sheepishly, "mind showing me out?"

"Of course." She smiled at him.

"Yah, why are you walking around on an injured ankle. Come here. Let me help you." He said, squatting down. She jumped on his back and directed him to the exit.

"Gomawo, Kyungsoo-ah. I should probably get off here, before people see us" Jade said and limped out before him.

"-yah yah yah" Youngmin said as she and Sky helped her to the bleachers.

***

"Where the have you been?!" Xiumin asked D.O as he passed the ball to Luhan.

"I got lost hyung. Thank Jinri for helping me out of that maze" D.O said passing with Kai. The match was EXO against Tan, Youngdo, Myungsoo, Chanyoung, Hyoshin, Jayden, Daniel, Youngdo's posse, and Adrian.

"Where the is Adrian?" Youngdo asked passing with Myungsoo.

"Molla- oh! Wata!" Myungsoo said pointing to a lamborghini that just pulled up. A boy came out with a Jeguk basketball uniform and shades

"Yah! RuoJian!" Daniel yelled "Ppali wa!"

"Coming," he said. "Sorry I'm late. I was busy"

"Mhm" Jayden scoffed, "just warm up."

A little after 5 minutes later, Anneliese blew the whistle.

"Captains" she called. Kris and Tan approached her. The girl explained the rules to both of them and said to shake hands. 

"I'll pass" Kris said

"nado" Tan said

"Yah. Shake hands or I'll spray you with mace." Anneliese threatened. The two captains separated to their two teams.

"Youngdo, Center. Adrian, Shooting guard. Daniel, Power forward. Myungsoo, small forward. I'm point guard" Tan said and they said their cheer.

"Chanyeol, Center. Xiumin, Shooting guard. Luhan, Power forward. Lay, small forward. I'll be point guard" Kris said and EXO gathered together

"Hana, dul, set. EXO-"

"SARANGHAJA!" the 12 shouted and the 5 starters got in position for tip off. Anneliese held the ball in the middle of the court, blew the whistle, and threw the ball in the air. Kris caught it and passed it to Xiumin. The eldest EXO member passed through the Jeguk barriers and did a perfect layup. The Kirin supporters clapped and started cheering.

"EXO! EXO! EXO! EXO!"

"Come on girls. Let's show them what Jeguk High's about!" Yesol exclaimed and they started cheering

"J-E-G-U-K. Blue and white are here to fight! Watch it EXO, just let you know. The crew is here and we're in control!" Eunsang, Yesol, Bona, and Rachel cheered.

With that cheer, the Jeguk boys got 3 consecutive baskets in a row. The score was now 2-6. The shot clock was running for Kirin and Kris passed it to Luhan. He faked out Daniel and made a 3. The ball swishing in the hoop. The idol crowd erupted in loud cheers. 5-6. This basketball game was going up to 35.

"DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE!" The Kirin crowd cheered

Adrian inbounded the ball and passed it to Tan. Tan made the shot clock run down and passed it to Youngdo. Youngdo parted the EXO sea and dunked it in. 5-8. 

When the heirs got another basket, they subbed in the next 5 in line. Same for EXO. Layla's heart raced as Chen started to play. So did Jade's as Baekhyun began.

The game was tied most of the time. After a couple more layups, free-throws, dunks, and fastbreaks, the score was 33-33. Jeguk had the ball. It was back to the starting lineup. Tan had the ball, he was dribbling it back and forth between his left and right hand. Myungsoo made a screen and Tan easily went by Kris. The jumped for the basket, tossed it to Adrian, how dunked it in. 33-35. Jeguk won. The remaining heirs and heiresses at the bleachers jumped in joy at their win.

If they couldn't win volleyball, they at least won basketball. Eunsang ran to Tan, Myungsoo and Youngdo high-fived. Bona ran up to Chanyoung. Yesol and Rachel celebrated with Hyoshin. The freshmen heirs and heiresses rejoiced in a clump of a group. Too happy with their win, Adrian's cold facade melted as he beamed and hugged Daniel in victory. Sky, Youngmin, Danielle, Princess, and Anneliese were celebrating in high spirits with Jayden and Daniel.

"Nice alley-oop Adrian." Jade smiled at him.

"Komawo Jinri-ah" Adrian smiled. He frowned once he saw her ankle "yah, why are you limping?"

"Fell in the volleyball match" she answered

"Oh, that's too bad," he said. Although the freshmen group's ages varied, they were all friends with each other. "Was it really that impressive?"

"Don't get too cocky Adrian Maynara" she laughed. "But...yeah I guess. The only alley-oop of this game anyway, so mission accomplished"

"Thanks," he laughed and spun her around in a hug. "I'm so happy! We beat Kirin!"

"Aish, kamchagiya!" She joked and slapped his arm, "let me down!"

"Shireo, what if you get hurt again?" he asked, "it's either I give you a piggy-back, or I drop you on the ground"

"...I'll take the piggy-back" Jade said and hopped on him, "yah, why are you so nice today?"

"I had a nice date, we won our game, I'm happy" Adrian said.

"Come on! Fresh! Let's go clubbing!!" Myungsoo shouted and the Jeguk students cheered.

***

"You guys did good," Bora complimented EXO, who only grumbled in response.

"Not good enough" Tao pouted, "look at them, they're so ing happy."

"Some of them, way too ing happy" Baekhyun hissed, glaring at the sight of Adrian and Jade. "I know right?" Luhan groaned, looking at Princess laughing along with Jayden.

"Why don't we have a party of our own?" David offered. "Or, we can crash their party" James suggested. "Yah, that's not nice, Jallo." Melody scolded. "I'm down." Layla shrugged. 

"I'll hack my sister's phone" Bora said, whipping her phone out, "there's no way that they'd let us know their secret club"

"Well, let's go and get dressed. There's a victory party we're gonna crash." Kylie giggled and the Kirin Arts bus retreated to their school.