1: Face Off

The Heirs and The Idols || -read latest chapter

Narrator's POV (Ft. Princess, Danielle, Jade, Bora, and Junyoung)

"Yah!" Princess yelled as she ran into the lounge. Everyone stared at her as she regained her breath.

"What do you want?" Rachel said coldly, giving the girl a glare "We don't have all day."

"She can do without the sarcasm, Rachel" Danielle spat, defending her friend.

"Jade." The girl panted.

"What about Jinri?" Chanyoung asked, hearing the name of his cousin.

"Her...and Lee Bora...outside...the quad" Princess managed to get out.

"Lee Bora?" Bona said and quickly ran outside, leading the whole group. Sure enough, you saw the two girls. Jade and Bora, standing opposite of each other, glaring daggers.

"You have no business of being here." Jade said, putting a hand to her hip.

Bora scoffed and crossed her arms, "I have as much a right as you Ms. 'Gem' " 

"The quad is for Jeguk students only. Hm, I don't see a uniform, I don't see the crest, I don't see a Jeguk student, so bye" Jade waved, rolling her eyes at the girl. 

"Now listen here, I just need to speak with my s- I need to speak with Bona." Bora said

"You can speak with her later; after school is over. When your sister puts on that uniform, she is a Jeguk student. You are not. You're just a little runaway -"

"Don't you ing dare." Bora glared slapping Jade in the cheek. The crowd gasped, even Rachel was surprised by the idol's courage. Chanyoung had the urge to stop this, but Bona held back his arm, shaking her head. Jade scoffed and looked at Bora. "you don't know my family, you don't know me, so you can just shut that petty little trap of yours. I don't care if you're Chanyoung's cousin, I'm Bona's sister. I don't care if your family is rich, so is mine-"

"Correction" Jade chuckled darkly, "your sister, mother, and father are. You aren't. You disowned them, therefore, you have no credit"

"Well you're not even taking over your family's business. You're just sitting on your lazy , strutting with that fake designer purse and real animal fur boots when you claimed 'I love animals' bull. Your brain is the size of a small ruby, Jade" Bora sneered.

"You can't touch me Lee Bora" Jade said, walking towards her.

"You can't touch me either" Bora countered.

"But I do have the money to bring your career down into flames" Jade said giving a glare.

"You wouldn't" Bora hissed.

"Try me. I don't care whatever history we had. That all ended when you insulted my family" Jade said, slapping her. Bora looked at her with wide eyes, returning the slap. 

"That's enough!" Hyoshin yelled, breaking the two apart "Lee Bora, you are not allowed on school grounds. You have to leave."

"But-"

"Lee Bora. Go back to Kirin. Now" Bona said deadly. Bora looked at her sister in disbelief but did as she said.

"You," Hyoshin said looking at Jade.

"She slapped me first sunbaenim!" Jade defended.

"Kwon Mirae, Hwang Youngmi. Take Yoon Jinri to the Year 1 lounge and give her some ice." Hyoshin said, shaking his head. 

"Deh sunbaenim," the two girls said, taking their friend away.

"Yoon Chanyoung. Lee Bona. To my office, now" Hyoshin said, "the rest of you. Carry on"

"Sunbaenim, I'm sorry." Bona said once they were in the office

"Lee Bona, this is the 5th time your sister has caused havoc here in Jeguk High" Hyoshin stated, rubbing his temples, "now why does she always have to make a scene with Yoon Jinri? Your sister is banned from school grounds arasso? Now Yoon Chanyoung, control your cousin will you? I expected much more from you."

"I'm sorry sunbaenim." Chanyoung said, bowing his head

"It won't happen again" Bona muttered.

"It better not, or I 'ought to punish both of them" Hyoshin said, "both of you, dismissed"

"Deh." They both bowed and walked out

***

"Aishh-" Jade muttered, putting the ice to her cheek

"Unnie" Danielle said taking a look at her injury, "ooh, that was a bad slap"

"But yours was the better one" Princess giggled

"I don't get it," Jade said to herself, "Bora and I used to be best friends."

"Bwoh? Chincha?" Princess asked doubtfully.

"I know that your family are dating but really? Best friends? Seolma" Danielle exclaimed, obviously awed by the fact. 

"It's true. Before I got into Jeguk and before she got into Kirin, we were best friends. Then, our school rivalries got to our heads and before we knew it, our friendship was in hell." Jade chuckled bitterly. 

"That's a sweet story" Rachel said monotonously, entering the Year 1 lounge. 

"Is your cheek alright Jade?" Yesol asked, scanning Jade's face quickly. 

"We wouldn't want a bruise on our pretty little gem's face, oh?" Myungsoo said, pinching her good cheek. Jade glared at him and he backed off. 

"Where's Bona unnie and Chanyoung oppa?" Jade asked, looking around the room. 

"Still with Hyoshin sunbae" Youngdo said leaning back against the recliner, seeming the most non-chalant out of everyone. 

"I was quite impressed with that slap of yours Jade" Rachel said, putting one leg over another. 

"Um.. thanks" Jade said, looking at Rachel skeptically

"Are you okay, sister?" Youngdo asked mockingly, "why are you being nice all of a sudden?"

"Let's just say that... I think Jade has potential" Rachel smirked. 

"Yah, Yoo Rachel. Do not influence Jade with your bad attitude." Eunsang said as she was cuddling against Tan.

"Am I really the only one who thinks that we should get revenge against Kirin Arts?" Rachel said almost innocently, looking at everyone with doe eyes. 

"Revenge? For what?" Princess asked, taking a seat. 

"Last year, before you entered Jeguk High, the students of Kirin Arts broke into our school and vandalized the lockers, walls, everything, the worst was the grand quad" Rachel said, "their mastermind was none other than Rian, that ."

"Oh, I remember that!" Yesol nodded in agreement, completely on board with the plan of revenge.

"You didn't get back at them?" Danielle asked, seeming disappointed with the lack of Jeguk's passion.

"I was trying to." Youngdo said, looking offended that no one acknowledged his efforts.

"But he got on probation before the plan and it never happened." Myungsoo shook his head, reminiscing about what could've been the best revenge yet.

"Idiot" Tan said under his breath.

"I heard that, illegitimate child" Youngdo chimed and Tan rolled his eyes in which Youngdo mocked the action.

"Boys," Rachel interrupted, "you're missing the point here."

"What's the point?" Jade questioned, completely passive about the whole situation.

"We're going to get back at them this year." Rachel smirked, "with the special help from the gem of our eyes, Yoon Jinri."

"Bwoh?" Jade exclaimed, "but-"

"Yoon Chanyoung, Lee Bona, did you get chewed out?" Tan asked the couple walking in, cutting Jade whilst she was talking.

"But I-"

"Is Jade in trouble?" Youngdo joined in.

"Yah! I can't-"

"Are you two in trouble?" Myungsoo asked. 

"Aniyo," Chanyoung said and looked towards his cousin, who only shrank back against his glare, "Yoon Jinri."

"...deh," she murmured, afraid of her what cousin's next actions will be.

"Aish chincha! How many times do we have to say to stop getting into fights with Bora?" He stated, his voice just a little louder than it usually is.

"It's not my fault!" Jade yelled, trying to defend herself. 

"I admit it was Bora's fault" Bona bowed her head in shame.

"I was really trying to avoid her like you said, but.. but then she was eating an orange and was about to shove it into my mouth until I pushed her to the ground," Jade muttered, looking down.

"Bwoh?" Danielle asked, knowing about the girl's citrus allergy, "she did what?"

"Chincha...?" Princess asked, shocked. Bona screamed and messed up her hair.

"Aish! Lee Bora you are so dead when I come home!" Bona yelled to no one in particular. Chanyoung squeezed her hand telling her to calm down.

"You know what?" Jade said and they looked at her "Rachel, I'm in."

"Good girl," Rachel smiled at her, "let's take a walk and help heal that cheek of yours."

"Y-yah, you're in what?" Chanyoung watched as they left, utterly confused. 

***

Bora was cursing profanities under her breath as she made her way back to Kirin Arts School.

"-and we'll never be Royals" Junyoung sang and spotted the girl. He stopped the band and ran out to greet her, "hey Bora"

"-that little mother fu-"

"Woah," Junyoung said stopping her, "what's up with the bad words?"

"Jade." Bora glared. "What do you want Song Junyoung? I am not in the mood."

"Well, the sunbaes are here. They're just chilling in the auditorium, wanna come with me?" Junyoung said.

"Oh? Sure," she sighed, hoping that they'll clear her mind.

"-I dream high nan kkumeul kkujyo,

himdeul ttaemyeon nan neunul gamgo,

kkumi irwojineun ga sunganeul,

gyesok tteoollimyeo ireonajyo" a group sang

"Junyoungie!" Baekhee smiled, pinching the boy's cheeks "how are you~"

"I'm good, noona~" He smiled back, pulling away from her to greet the others.

"Aigoo, Bora-ya, what's up with that sour look?" Samdong asked, crossing his arms. Bora softened at the older boy's concern, Samdong was just too sweet to turn down.

"I got into a fight at Jeguk High." Bora answered, looking down in shame, knowing her sunbaes would be disappointed.

"Fight? Bwoh? With who?" Hyemi asked. 

"Jamkkaman, why were you at Jeguk High?" JB inquired. 

"I wanted to tell Bona unnie that I got a solo for the winter musical" Bora muttered, knowing her reason would seem idiotic and senseless to everyone else.

"You couldn't have waited?" Rian asked, proving Bora's theory. "Tch, you know our status with Jeguk High. No interaction. What. So. Ever. I don't care if you're sisters or not."

"Yah, don't be so hard on her" Hyesung spat, defending her friend.

"Anyway, I got banned from going on their school grounds." Bora sighed slumping down on a chair.

"Serves you right," Rian sneered, "we've been telling you time after time, you can't go to Jeguk High. Whether you're part of a rich family or not, whether your sister is rich or not, it doesn't matter, Kirin Arts is Kirin Arts, Jeguk High is Jeguk High, we don't mix."

"Hajimalago." Junyoung defended, obviously getting tired of Rian's useless ranting. 

"Bwoh? What did you just say?" Rian stared him down but Junyoung was unaffected either way. 

"Stop it, Rian." Baekhee glared, stopping the two from fighting.

"Hello hello hello~" Jason cheered, coming in with Pilsook, who greeted everyone as well.

"Unnie, have you gotten thinner?" Bora asked, changing the subject but was still genuinely concered for her sunbae.

"Aish, this girl, she keeps thinking she's getting fat. Pilsookie is turning into a stick, a stick, I tell ya." Jason said, shaking his head.

"Shikoreo" Pilsook pouted, hitting Jason's arm lightly. 

"Yah, you're pretty, don't worry." Hyemi said as Samdong put his arm around her, agreeing.

"Where's EXO?" Junyoung asked.

"They're coming" Bora said, "I just texted Kris oppa, they're on their way."

"We're here" Kris said waving his phone, with EXO trailing right behind him.

"Eyy!" Jason gave the rapper a high five, "what's up my man, my man."

"Why are you so down?" Kai asked as he sat down next to Bora, who only crossed her arms.

"Yoon Jinri, that little ." Bora muttered angrily. 

"Bwoh?" Baekhyun asked having the urge to kill the girl for insulting his girlfriend. Chanyeol held him back, telling him not to spill anything.

"Ani," she said, "it's not worth repeating"

"Hyungs, why are you just on your phones, are you becoming anti-social now?" Junyoung joked around, referring to Chen, Luhan, and Baekhyun

"Probably texting their girlfriends" Hongjoo snorted and the group laughed.

"Daebak, you have girlfriends? What did SM say?" Nana asked, engrossed on the topic.

"They sort of don't know. So if you say anything, we're dead." Baekhyun gave a warning look to everyone. 

"Can we know who it is, at least?" Ailee asked, everyone nodded, wanting to know who it was as well. 

"Andwae!" The 3 said rather urgently. Everyone gave them a curious look as the remaining 9 members of EXO gave panicked stares.

"I-I mean, it's secret right now" Luhan said putting a finger to his lips. Chen remained passive, completely concentrated on his phone.

"Anyway! Weren't we all planning on singing a song today?" D.O asked changing the subject.

"You're right" UiBong nodded, "who wants to start?"


A/N Chapter 1 up guys! These are the first few applicants involved. The newer ones will be uploaded in the upcoming chapter. Hope you liked it ^^