3: Before the Match

The Heirs and The Idols || -read latest chapter

Narrator's POV (Ft. James, Daniel, and Melody)

"Daniel!" Danielle shouted during free period. "Oh hey," the boy smiled, looking up from his Macbook "What's up Mirae-ah?" The girl scoffed jokingly, nudging his arm, "what are you doing here? come on~ The group has the hangout today," she stated.

"Group?" Daniel questioned. "Yeah...you know, our year?" She replied awkwardly. "Aigoo, I'm just playing with you Mirae. Sorry, I was just looking up some stuff. Kaja" Daniel said, closing his computer. The two freshmen walked through the corridors, bowing to the upperclassmen and getting bows from the Social Care Group students.

"Annyeong~" Youngmin waved to them. "Yah, eodiga? The meeting room's that way," Danielle said pointing to the opposite direction.

"Mian, I have to get some stuff. Just start without me okay? I'll be back." Youngmin ran away. Daniel shrugged and walked in the freshmen lounge, Danielle lagging behind him.

"Alright, Daniel, Danielle, Sky, Jayden, Princess, me, and Youngmin are getting a few things. Perfect." Jade said

"So you called us here because?" Jayden asked. "Well, as you guys know, today is Rachel's volleyball match against Layla," Jade stated, sitting down "And?" Daniel asked, obviously not caring about the matter.  "Alright, I get it that you guys aren't interested, but can you please listen?" The girl fussed, getting annoyed. "Yah, Jinri, you're over-reacting" Princess remarked, putting a hand on her shoulder, "guys, let's not fight. We're friends here" Sky sighed. "Sorry, Haneul-ah." Jade nodded "I've been a bit... over the top lately."

"You've been hanging out with Rachel haven't you?" Daniel smirked. "A bit." She answered. "Chanyoung would be disappointed in you Jinri," Jayden joked,  "oppa doesn't have control over my life" Jade shrugged.

"Okay guys. Here it is" Youngmin said coming in with a big box.

"Igeo bwoyah?" Sky asked.

"A little gift from all of our parents" Danielle said looking at Jade knowingly.

"It was heavy, I'll tell you that." Youngmin sighed and Princess opened the box.

"Holy..." Daniel said looking at the contents. The two boys unloaded it and placed it on the tables.

"Real gems from my parents" Jade scoffed.

"Volleyball uniforms from my parents" Princess said picking one up "Pure silk, nice latex, I'm impressed."

"Is that just for the girls?" Jayden asked.

"No, there's two basketball uniforms. Assuming for you both" Princess said.

"Jeguk snapbacks from my parents and matching electronic watches." Danielle said playing with one of the watches. "Nice." 

"Top brand sneakers from my parents. Pink for girls, blue for boys" Youngmin said.

"Oh my god. My parents did not just buy us a private jet" Sky said looking at the prize from her parents "are they mad?"

"No, they're generous" Jayden winked at her, "prestine sports equipment from my parents"

"Well in accordance with Haneul's parents gifts. My parents provided hotel services." Daniel said

"The perks of being rich." Youngmin smiled taking a diamond from Jade's bunch, "diamonds" Princess said. "A girl's best friend." Jade smirked.

"Can we go put it on? I really wanna try this uniform." Sky squealed.

"Alright, let's go." Jayden ordered. The group dispersed to the bathrooms and changed, returning to the lounge a good 10 minutes after. "Damn, I look hot" Danielle boasted, looking at herself in the mirror. "Why are we in basketball uniforms? I thought it was just a volleyball thing between you girls" Daniel asked. "No. Kim Tan and Choi Youngdo challenged them as well in basketball. Since they are idols and sadly have no better things to do, you will be facing quite a popular group. Have you heard of them? EXO?" Rachel said walking in. "EXO?" Jade asked, thinking about Baekhyun. "Yeah. Such a shame. Tan and Youngdo wanted to go against Jinguk and JB again. Oh well, sad. Daniel, Jayden, you both aren't bad at basketball are you?" Rachel asked. "I mean we're not the best, but we're also not bad" Jayden answered. "Good. After the volleyball match, it's basketball" Rachel explained. "...thanks for the outfits girls. It's cute"

"You should thank my parents" Princess said.

"I just did. Jade, take a walk with me will you? For the rest of you. It's nearly 2. Go to Jeguk courts now." Rachel said walking out, Jade trailing right behind her. 

***

"JALLOOOOO" Melody called. "Mello-ah, bwoh?" The boy yawned. "What are you doing?" She said. "Come on!"

"To where?" He asked his sister. "Did you forget that we're watching the volleyball and basketball matches between Jeguk and Kirin?" She responded. "Oh...I forgot." James replied, "mian, Mello~" 

"Aish. Anyway, let's go. The bus is about to leave" She said, dragging her brother outside. When seated in the bus, Layla threw a uniform in Melody's face. 

"Yah!" James barked, about to give the girl a talking to. Melody held his arm. 

"Melody, you're playing." Layla spoke. "All the sunbaes aren't here and we're down a girl." Melody gulped, "Hyerin unnie, I don't even know how to play.."

"It doesn't matter. Just bump and we'll guide you, you at least know how to do that, right?" Layla remarked.

"Don't just throw something in my sister's face. Be civil and hand it to her will you?" James spat, causing Layla to look at him.

"Hajima." Melody whispered, but it went unnoticed. 

"I'm sorry but this conversation is between Melody and I. What we say or do should not concern you. So cut the bull because I have better things to worry about than manners." Layla sneered. 

"Unnie..." Kylie mumbled, grabbing the girl's arm. James glared at Layla, "What makes you think you can speak to us like that? You're no better than us!" Layla narrowed her eyes, about to respond when EXO came and intervened. 

"both of you calm down" Chen admonished and gave his girlfriend a stern look, making her back off.

"We're here!" David bellowed, trying to kill the awkward mood.  

"Come on," Bora spoke, "Layla, you're getting Rachel right?" The girl only grunted in response, walking off to get Rachel. 

"Then I get Jade." Bora said, smirking. 

"Yah," Baekhyun whispered to Chen, "how do you think the girlfriends will react when they find out who's dating who?"

"They'll be crazy and pissed." Chen scoffed, "just don't break your cover, bro. We're here as part of Kirin. You and Jinri don't even exist right now. Tell that to Luhan hyung too. He said that Princess was playing."

"But if Jinri gets hurt in any way, sorry Jongdae, but I'm not going to hold back, even if it's your girlfriend's fault." Baekhyun stated going to Luhan and relaying the news.

"Jungkook?" Kylie said looking at the boy who just ran in, "what are you doing here?"

"Came to cheer you on," he smiled at her

"Aw...that's sweet of you" she cooed and Jungkook kissed her cheek.

"ooh~" the other Kirin students teased. "Good luck." He winked and hurried to the bleachers where EXO was.

"Alright girls, huddle up." Layla dictated. "Don't even pay attention to the audience, think of this as a performance that will change the course of our career. Go hard or go home." 

"Yeah. This is a matter of pride!" James exclaimed, giving his sister a water bottle, "yah, naka, girls only" Melody said shooing him away. "Well, that was rude" James stuck his tongue out and David laughed. "Come on, sit" he gestured.

"We're not going to let Kirin down." Bora advocated. "Let's win."