11: Forced Situations or Fate?

The Heirs and The Idols || -read latest chapter

Narrator's POV

"Hey stop-" 

"Can you not?!" 

"Don't ing touch me!" 

All the idols were in one room, one, very small room. The other students at Kirin had decided to play a little 'joke' on them, trapping them in a small, abandoned recording room. Bora, who was tired of all the yelling, screamed for everyone to shut up. Layla, who sighed in relief at the silence, asked Tao to break down the door, to which everyone tried their best to give him space and although it wasn't enough, he still managed to break down the door. Cheers and repeated "Thank you's" to Tao were heard all around whilst everyone scattered, leaving behind only a small group of people. 

Layla rubbed her temples, "I hate this school so much, I knew I should've gone to Jeguk when I had the chance." 

"Same, not about the Jeguk part though." Bora muttered. Everyone in EXO kept nudging Sehun, whispering to him to make a move on Bora. Sehun scoffed, rolling his eyes at his hyungs. Layla smirked at Sehun, and decided to play matchmaker. 

"Hey Bora," Layla whispered. The girl looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "What?" 

"Can you pick up some.." Oh , Layla hadn't thought of what to say, leaving Bora to raise an eyebrow and wait for her to finish. "..tampons for me?" Layla coughed, feeling absolutely awkward with the question. Bora did too, but shrugged. "Yeah, okay. But you're gonna owe me one." Bora left to head to a convience store, and with Layla realizing, she grabbed Bora's arm. "There are some in the storage room upstairs, can you get it from there?" Bora looked at her, "If they're right there why can't you get it yourse-" Layla started faking a really bad cramp and made very exaggerating moves, which got the attention of the whole room.

"Unnie!" Kylie exclaimed, EXO looked over in concern, whilst Melody and Chen were tending to her, Bora left the room to fetch the tampons. Layla croaked out, "Sehunnie, can you please grab me some medicine? There's some in the storage room upstairs." Sehun nodded, but was interrupted by Luhan. "I can grab it for you, Hye Rin!" Layla shot up, "No! I want Sehun to get it." Everyone looked at her weirdly but Sehun followed through anyways and left the room. Once the door closed, Layla returned to a regular composture. 

"What the hell?" James muttered. Everyone looked at Layla weirdly. "What was that all about?" Kris asked. 

"Unlike you guys, I'm observant and a genius." Layla smirked, putting one leg over the other. 

-

​"I don't even understand that girl," Bora murmured, finally reaching the storage room on the upper floor. She entered, looking around. "What the hell, there's barely anything in here.." She tried looking on the higher shelves, using the lower ones to boost up. She jumped slightly and almost lost her balance when the door suddenly opened. "Sehun? What the hell are you doing here?" She asked, not even making eye contact with the guy. "Hye Rin asked me to get her some medicine.." Sehun looked around the small room, finding no medicine in immediate sight. "I don't think the-" The door suddenly closed, and a faint click was heard. The two looked at the door, shocked. 

"Sehun, what the hell was that?!" 

"I don't know!" 

Bora jumped down, rattling the doorknob. "It's locked from outside." Sehun muttered. Bora rolled her eyes, "no , Sherlock. What are we going to do?" Sehun patted his pockets, eyes widening. ", I don't have my phone!" Bora checked her pockets, finding the same result as Sehun. "Me neither." She sighed. This is troublesome. 

Walking back to the room where the idols were, Yoo Jin smirked. Playing around with a key while whistling, he headed downstairs. 

-

"Wait Hye Rin, what do you mean?" David asked. Everyone looked for an explaination when a phone that was in Layla's pocket started ringing. She took it out and passed it to Melody, telling her to answer it. 

"This is Bora's phone!" Melody exclaimed. With a look from Layla, she answered anyways. "Lee Bora's phone, who's speaking?" 

"This is Youngmin. Yoon Jinri asked me to tell you to send one of you guys to meet at ChaTime 30 minutes from now, one of us will be waiting." 

"Wait, what for?" Melody inquired. It was too late, Youngmin had hung up. She told everyone about what Youngmin said. 

"Send Tao, he can fight so if it's a setup, he'll be okay." James said. Some nodded, and looked at Tao, who was.. sleeping. Everyone groaned. 

"Kyungsoo, you should go." Yixing said. Kyungsoo shrugged. "I'm okay with that." 

"Be safe!" Everyone yelled out while he walked out. 

-

Anneliese huffed, crossing her arms while waiting for whoever those idols sent. She wasn't even the one who was supposed to come here! Rock, paper, scissors can be really unfair at times. She didn't even understand why this meeting was needed in the first place. The bells indicating someone just entered chimed, and she looked up, knowing it was the one she had to meet with. It's no doubt, the place was cleared out and no entry was allowed except for the one that's sent. Money can do things. 

"It's you?!" Both yelled simultaneously. Kyungsoo scoffed and was ready to leave, and Anneliese was ready to let him. 

"Song Sarang, remember, once you promise someone something you can't back out of it. " Her step-mother's voice recalled. Annaliese internally groaned, knowing she promised everyone she would do this and can't back out. 

"Do Kyungsoo, wait." She called, he stopped in his tracks and was surprised she called out after him. Anneliese walked over to him, sighing. "Let's get this thing over with," she pulled out a list from her purse, "This is what we planned earlier, all we really need to do is-" As the two exited the establishment, a strong wind came unexpectedly and blew the list right out of Anneliese's hands. 

"Are you kidding me right now?!" 

"Seriously, I can't deal with this." 

"Do Kyungsoo, go run after it!" 

"Why am I the one who has to run after it?! It's your fault!" 

"Aish!" Anneliese roughly tugged on Kyungsoo's sleeve, forcing him to run after the list with her. Jayden was right, she should've just written on her phone.. 

"I win again." Sehun stated bluntly. "This game is stupid." Bora muttered. They have been playing chopsticks for the past 10 minutes. They've tried everything to get out. Banging on the door, trying to knock it down, trying to pick the lock, screaming, yelling, you name it they've tried all they could. After how long they were at it, the two decided to give up and wait till someone opened the door, which would most likely be the janitor sometime soon. 

"I'm bored." Sehun whined... for the millionth time. Bora was ready to rip her head off. 

"I know Sehun. How could I possibly not after you've said it more than a billion times?" 

"Let's play a game! Twenty questions?" Sehun suggested. Bora wasn't complaining, she was bored out of her mind too, nodding, they started the game. 

"Worst fears?" 

"Thunder, cats, dogs, snakes, I'm claustrophobic too, so." 

"Claustrophobic? How can you stand being here?" Sehun asked, leaving Bora speechless. Thinking about it, this normally would've been a situation where she would endlessly panic. Why isn't she panicking now? 

"The space isn't that stuffy and small, I guess?" 

"H-hey let's stop running now." Kyungsoo panted, placing his hand on Anneliese's shoulder to stop her. She nodded, panting as well. 

"I can't believe we lost the list." Anneliese groaned. "How could we have been so careless?" 

Kyungsoo pointed to a park, "The list blew away somewhere over there, we can check." Anneliese nodded, and the two headed over to the park, where they walked a trail in the forest. 

"Kyungsoo are you sure it went in here, because I don't see anything." 

"I'm positive." 

The two ended up strolling around, the thought of the list fading away. They started talking about the list, which led to conversations about people and Jeguk and people at Kirin. Then it went to talking about Annaliese's family business and Kyungsoo's idol life. 

"You cook for your whole band?" Anneliese laughed. "I bet you were a total mama's boy." 

"I do cook for my band, and for your information, I was not a mama's boy." 

"Really? Seems like it, you act like a total umma for your band!" 

"I bet you can't even cook!" Kyungsoo grinned. Anneliese couldn't control her laughter, "I can't! I really can't! Because unlike you, I spent less time in the kitchen and more on getting a black belt in taekwondo." 

"Guess I can't mess with you." Kyungsoo laughed, looking over at the girl. An elderly couple was walking on the other side of them, so the two bowed and the elders and they chuckled. 

"Ah, young love, you two remind me of how we were back then!" The old man exclaimed while they walked past the younger two, who was baffled at the comment. Only then it was noticed, Kyungsoo still had his arm around Anneliese from earlier when they were running. He pulled back and the two coughed awkwardly. Kyungsoo didn't know what to do. Anneliese was stressing out. She talked to him. Normally. A lot. Why? She's pretty sure she hated his guts. Anneliese never laughed. Never talked so much. 

She cleared . "I'm going to go home." 

"But the list-" 

"Don't worry about it." With that, Anneliese left. She somewhat regretted walking away but she shouldn't. 

She couldn't. She was different than her classmates cohorting with those idols. She was disciplined, she knows it wasn't right. But why did it feel like it did? 

'No! Song Sarang, that guy annoyed you from day 1. He annoyed you today, you only talked to him because you promised to be kind. Yeah, that's it. You don't break promises.' Anneliese chanted this in her mind while she called up her driver to pick her up. 

"Any siblings?" 

"Older sister, she goes to Jeguk, remember?" 

Sehun nodded in response, nudging Bora to ask him her next question. 

"Rival?" 

"Hmm, I don't think I have any. What about you?" 

Without thinking about the answer she responded, "Ugh, Stephanie Kim. The girl's a complete ." 

"Stephanie? My childhood friend, Stephanie?" 

Bora looked up, eyes widened, realizing what she just said. , she should've thought more. Hesitating, she nodded. Which was, a millisecond later, regretted by her too. 

"Why?" Sehun reprimanded, although he didn't really care for Stephanie anymore, the subject of Bora and her seemed intriguing. 

"Why? Well, she's a stuck up who hates me for liking you!" Bora exclaimed, making Sehun shocked at the statement. 

"Liking me? You like me, Lee Bora?" He smirked. 

"No, you little tard, not like that, like as in friend like." Bora scoffed. 

"Aw, I see. Well, Stephanie and I barely contact each other so you shouldn't have to worry about her attacking you." He chuckled, "don't want you guys to fight over me, you know." 

Bora rolled her eyes, hitting Sehun's arm. There was a moment of silence, with Sehun unknowingly scooching closer to Bora. 

"So do you really not like me?" Sehun inquired. Bora turned to face him and her eyes widened at how close he was. 

"N-no way, you freak!"

"Is it because of Kai?" 

"God, Sehun! How many ing times do I have to tell you Kai and I are not a thing! I thought we got over this." She was starting to get pissed at Sehun, all their moments earlier were shattered. 

"I was just joking relax. But it's too bad." He announced, she looked at him strangely. "What do you mean? About me and Kai?" 

"No, about you not liking me." Sehun responded. She raised an eyebrow. "Why?" 

"Because," leaning in, Sehun whispered dangerously close to her face. "I would've said I liked you back." 

It was quiet. They weren't moving. 

"Hey, what you meddlesome kids doing in here?!" The door suddenly opened, making Sehun and Bora part and dashing outside, running in seperate directions. 

What just happened? 


hello~ coauthor here! whipped this chapter up in a couple hours and as you can see i tried to make it an anneliekyungsoo and sehunXbora bonding centric. i apologize if I may had gotten your characters to go out of what they're usually like! I tried my best, I had your applications on other tabs for reference. if there's anything you need fixes and such, please don't hesitate to message me! hope you guys had a happy new year!! pzpz