4: Jeguk vs. Kirin - Volleyball

The Heirs and The Idols || -read latest chapter

A/N Before this chapter starts, I just want to say I love you guys so much for your comments, especially the ones about this chapter. Haha. Hope you enjoy the outcomes ^^


Narrator's POV

"I hope you're prepared for this match Kim Hyerin." Rachel smirked, "and the rest of your girls." Layla scoffed, rolling her eyes at the girl's statement, "just worry about your own group." Meanwhile, it wasn't only Rachel and Layla who were ready to tear each other's throats out, each of their group's members were having conflicts as well. 

"Lee Bora" Jade spat, glaring at the said girl. 

"Yoo Jinri" Bora glared. 

"Wooo! Go heiresses!" Youngdo shouted, excited to see the match's outcome, confident that Jeguk will win.

"Wooo! Go idols!" James yelled. The two glared at each other from opposite sides.

"Let this game begin" Hyoshin said from the referee stand. He was the official since he was unbiased, which was a benefit for Kirin, but a bit of a disadvantage for Jeguk. "Captains. Yoo Rachel. Kim Hyerin. Shake hands-" 

"We'd rather not sunbae" Rachel sneered. A sound of agreement came from Layla. 

"Shake hands." Hyoshin gritted his teeth and the two girls sighed, obeying the man. "Since Kirin is our guest here, they get to choose. Heads or tails?" 

"Tails" Layla called. Hyoshin flipped the coin and revealed the side.

"Tails."

Kirin's supporters erupted in cheers "You get to choose Hyerin-ssi. Side or serve."

"We'll serve." Layla said and the two captains dispersed to their teams.

"-Jade, you said you were a volleyball player when you were younger. You get the middle back, libero. Princess, you're setter. Danielle, middle. Sky, left hitter. I'll be right hitter. Youngmin, you'll be left back." Rachel instructed. The freshmen girls nodded and proceeded to their positions.

"Bora, middle back. Melody, left back. Kylie, setter. Seul, right hitter. I'll be middle, and Ailee, left hitter" Layla said and the idols got to their positions.

Kylie was serving first. She threw the ball in the air and hit it directly to Youngmin. Youngmin bumped the ball to Princess, who set it up to Rachel. Rachel took an approach and spiked it down to Bora, who bumped it up for Kylie. Kylie set Ailee who spiked the ball, only to get blocked by Danielle, unable for Kirin to get the ball back up

"Point 1. Jeguk High" Hyoshin blew his whistle. The Jeguk supporters cheered as the girls went to the middle and clapped their hands. It was a tight battle. Back to back, the idols and heiresses got kills, aces, blocks. The idols were best at serving. The heiresses were best at strategies. The score was now 23-23. The idols were serving. 

"Come on girls!" Eunsang yelled

"Side out!" Yesol shouted

"Let's go Kylie!" Melody yelled trying to over-power Yesol's voice. The girl served and it went to Youngmin. She bumped it up to Princess, who set it Sky. Sky hit it and Bora received. Seul set the ball

"Back row!" Bora yelled

"Jade! Help block!" Rachel shouted. As Bora jumped and hit the ball, her hand made contact with Jade's face. The heiress went down and the ball landed on the Jeguk side.

"point 24. Kirin Arts" Hyoshin said

"Yah! Sunbaenim!" Rachel glared at Hyoshin. "That has to count for something!"

"Jinri-ah, gwenchana?" Danielle asked, helping the girl up. "My cheek is throbbing," she huffed. Bora smirked, feeling a sense of accomplishment. "Well that felt good," she said, high-fiving Layla, who responded with, "nice kill."

"Sunbae, mian." Chanyoung said as he helped his cousin off the floor. "I only hit her cheek, she's not dying." Bora rolled her eyes. "She's limping Lee Bora. Shikoreo" Bona said giving the girl two bags of ice. "What happened?" Hyoshin asked Jade.  "Bora hit the ball. Her hand hit my cheek. I landed wrongly and fell on my ankle." Jade replied, setting the bag of ice on her injury. 

"Sunbaenim. Are you really not giving them a call?" Danielle asked.

"Lee Bora. Was it intentional?" Hyoshin inquired. 

Layla snapped at the referee. "Are you serious? She was hitting the ball, of course it wasn't intentional."  

"She can answer for herself. You aren't Kim Hyerin" Rachel hissed, glaring at Layla, who only scoffed. 

"Deh. I was hitting the ball. Yoo Jinri mian" Bora said, who smiled mockingly afterwards.

"You little-"

"It is out of my hands." Hyoshin said cutting Jade off, "be careful next time."

"Sunbaenim!" Youngmin protested, as did the other Jeguk supporters. Baekhyun clenched his fists. It took everything of him not to go and be by his girlfriend's side. He glared at Chen, somewhat blaming his girlfriend for being captain and not controlling her team. Chanyeol told Baekhyun to relax, who only huffed. 

"Aish. Lee Bona, can you play?" Rachel called. "Bwoh?" Bona asked, ready to leave. "Please unnie," Jade begged, "go in for me."

"Um. Fine" Bona said. "But, I don't have a uniform."

"Have mine" Jade said, stripping out of the uniform, leaving herself in a sports bra. "Yah," Chanyoung glared, taking off his uniform coat and putting it over his cousin's body, preventing any more whistles from the boys. Bona quickly changed and took Jade's place.

The score 24-23. Kirin was serving. The audience was quiet, completely entranced in the game, the only noises were coming from the court.

"Come on girls!" Rachel yelled.

"Kirin Arts. Game point" Hyoshin said and blew his whistle. Kylie served. Sky received. Princess set the ball and Youngmin hit it. Bora received, Ailee set, Seul hit. The volley was going on forever, this point was crucial. Win or nothing. The ball came back to Kirin's side, in which Bora recieved, Melody set. 

"Mine!" Layla did a four step approach, her vertical jump being remarkably high, she spiked the ball, to which in Jeguk's side, was unable to be recieved. 

"Point 25." Hyoshin blew his whistle. "Game end."

The idols leaped for joy. The Jeguk students stared in shock. Layla smirked at Rachel, who only glared back. 

"There will be a half hour intermission before the basketball game." Hyoshin said. 

"-Yoo Jinri. Never ever strip in just a sports bra again. Aish chincha neo" Chanyoung scolded. "Gwenchana?" Rachel asked. 

"Oh," Jade nodded. "Mian, I got injured." Rachel shook her head, "it's not your fault."

"Rachel Yoo. Are you actually being nice?" Bona asked, snickering under her breath. "You're not scamming my cousin are you?" Chanyoung asked.  "Aniyo. Jinri looks innocent and I feel like protecting her" Rachel said pinching the girl's cheek. "I'm going to go to my locker. Look for my uniform" Jade said.

"I'll help you-"

"Ani Chanyoung. You have to help the boys. I'll help her." Rachel said, "Lee Bona, you should talk to your sister too." 

"Is there a reason you're helping me?" Jade asked once the two got away from the crowd.

"I have news to spill." Rachel smirked, "you'll be interested to hear them"