~ Chapter 8 ~

A new beginning

We went back to the hotel after getting some ice cream. Jungle trekking is the only activity left before we call it a day. 

I have both anticipation and fear for this activity. I've never jungle trek before(yeah I know, there are a lot of things I've never done before...),  but I heard that it's fun and challenging, and I also heard that it's an insect paradise, something that I'm not looking forward to...

" Stay close to me, Flora. No bug can harm you this way." That's what Wookie said to me when I told him my fears. 

The route is a little slippery and it's full of stones and logs. We have to be very careful in case we tripped on the tree roots and ended up in a poisonous bush or something. There are plenty 'danger' signs, warning us from the poisonous plants and animals that may be lurking about. 

As usual Eunhae were playing in front arguing about who will be faster while Siwon was chatting with Kyuhyun about the wonders of nature, which Kyuhyun didn't seem interested at. Wookie was in front of me, taking pictures of the scenery while I just enjoyed the fresh air. 

Suddenly, I felt that something's not right. My instinct tells me that something bad's coming. As I looked to the front, I was shocked. To my horror, I saw a small snake slithering towards us, mainly to Wookie! 

" Ryeowook! Look out!" Without a second thought, I pushed him away. 

" Ah! My leg hurts..." I yelled out as the snake left a bite mark on my leg and slithered away. It stung a lot and I sat onto the ground. 

" Flora! Are you okay???" Wookie rushed to my side immediately, checking my injury. Siwon ripped off a piece of cloth and tied it above my injury, preventing the venom from spreading. 

" Oppa... I'm fine... just... dizzy..." I spoke softly as I felt the world revolving. 

" You're gonna be fine. Come, let's get you back now." Wookie carried me in him arms and rushed to the exit as fast as possible, the others following behind. I failed to overcome the dizziness and eventually lost consciousness. 

 

" Ugh... My head..." I regained consciousness after who knows how long. A room came to view. My head still hurts, so does my leg but other that this, I'm feeling just fine. 

" Flora, you're awake." I turned around and saw Wookie sitting by my bed. 

" ...Where am I...?" 

" Our place. You fainted because the snake venom. With the antidote, you should be fine now." He gently patted my head as he explained. How long has he been here? 

" ...How long was I here?" 

" One or two hours, I think." 

" You... stayed here the whole time?" He nodded. 

" ...Thank you. Sorry for the trouble..." 

He put his finger on my lips before I could finish. " You silly girl. Don't you know that you're putting your life in danger when you pushed me away? You may get seriously injured." 

" I didn't thought that much that time..." 

He held my hand tightly, and looked at me straight in the eyes. " Thank you, Flora." 

" It's nothing..." 

" Yeah right. Now, you rest." He stated firmly and tucked me in. " You need plenty of rest as you just recovered. Tell me if you need anything." He smiled at me and stood up, letting me to rest. Before he went out, he turned to me and asked softly. 

" Risking your life for me..." he paused for a while, "is it worth it?" 

" ...Yes." 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Two more chapters to go~ Guess what will happen on the next chapter. I'll give you a hint: c _ _ f _ _ _ _ _ n. ^^