~ Chapter 6 ~

A new beginning

When I finally went to the beach again, the boys are already playing in the sea. Well I finished changing a while ago, but I was too busy putting on sunscreen and lotion so it took some time... The other groups just reached the beach too. 

" Yo Flora, you're missing all the fun! The water's fine!" Donghae shouted to me as he ran here and literally drag me into the sea. The water is still a little cold since it haven't absorbed enough sunlight but it's refreshing.

The boys wore only swimming trunks, with the exception of Wookie and Kyuhyun. Oh, and did I mention that Eunsihae have just the most amazing abs! They looked just like they came out from their Hawaii photobook (continues fangirlling). At some point Kyuhyun magically make a water gun appear out of nowhere and started shooting us with it. After some time we were splashing in the water like kids. I haven't had so much fun for a long time now (my parents are the very protective type). 

When we're done playing, we went to rent some snorkeling gear and life jackets. This beach is popular for their coral reefs, you just can't miss it. After we got ready, forever-enthusiastic Eunhae went off first, followed by Siwon and then Kyuhyun who is currently planning some schemes to prank Siwon. Wookie was just about to go too when he saw me still at my original position. 

" Hey Flora, aren't you going too? Is something wrong?" He asked, looking a little concerned. 

" I'm fine. I'm just... a little scared." To be honest, this is my first time snorkeling. I know I have a life jacket on and with the gear I can breath underwater but I'm just, scared. 

" Let me guess... Your first time?" 

" How did you know??" Did he just read my mind? 

" Meh, everyone's like that at their first time. I'm like that too. Just remember that you can float and use your mouth to breath. Try it." 

I tried but ended up drinking a mouthful of sea water because I'm still not used to it. It's so salty! After trying a few times I slowly get used to it. When I'm ready, Wookie held out his hand. 

" Here, take my hand. We'll go together. Don't worry, I'll protect you so just relax~." 

So I held his hand and he pulled me underwater. The corals are truly beautiful. We can see hundreds(?) of fishes swimming around the corals. Most of the fishes are small in size. We brought some bread there to feed the fish. It feels ticklish when the fishes nibble the bread from your hands. 

When we finished feeding the fishes with bread, they decided to go farther to the sea to see the larger corals there while me and Wookie stayed at shore. I stayed behind because I was going to collect seashells as this is one of my hobbies. I don't know why he decided to stay with me but he just did. So he tagged along with me while I search for seashells to complete my collection. 

After some time I spotted the last piece of seashell to complete my collection. Just when I was going to get it, the waves washed it further away. 

" Hey! My seashell!" I yelled as I tried to grab that seashell. 

" I'll get it for you. Wait here!" Wookie said to me before he dived in to search for the seashell. 

I waited, and waited, and waited... When I didn't see him come up after some time, I started getting worried. I carefully stepped further and further into the sea. 

" ... Ryeowook oppa?" I called out. When I hear no response I started to panic. Then suddenly, someone appeared behind me. 

" Boo!" Wookie yelled as he push me from behind. I jumped, lost balance and ended up falling into the waters head first. 

" Hahaha... I succeeded~" Wookie laughed while pulling me up from the waters. 

" Ahh! How dare you!" I screamed and tried to pull Wookie in, but he got away. 

" Yah! Kim Ryeowook, come back here!!!"

I chased him around the beach. He was running backwards, watching me chase him while laughing. When I was just about to catch him, I accidentally tripped on a seashell and landed on top of Wookie, our faces just a few centimeters away... We blinked, and got up immediately, heart beating fast. Gosh, we look just like two red apples on the beach. 

" I-I'm so sorry..." I stuttered. 

" N-no, i-it's ok..." Woah, this is the first time he stuttered so far. 

As we finally calmed down, Wookie took something out from his pocket. 

" Here's your seashell." 

" Gee, thanks Wookie~" Oops, it just slipped from my mouth...

" ... What did you just call me?" 

" N-nothing. I j-just... I-" 

" Actually... you can just call me Wookie." He smiled. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally finished chapter 6. School is reopening soon, I hope to finish this fic quickly. It should end at chapter 9 or 10. Please comment and subscribe~~ ^^