unni

All Because of Her
 

unni

You awoke to umma calling your name from her bedroom. "Ae Sook! Ae Sook, come here! And if you can, can you wet a washcloth and bring it?" You roll out of bed and do as she asked and walk into her room. She is laying on her side in her bed with her covers up to her neck. You put a hand on her shoulder and she sits up, keeping her eyes closed. You put the washcloth on her forehead and she sighs.

You turn to leave, when she stops you. "Wait. Can you grab my medicine? I think I left it on the counter downstairs." You go downstairs, and see Yuna staring at her phone with an expression on her face that was a mix of fear and worry. Uh oh. I'll have to come back down and see what's up... You go into the kitchen, grab umma's meds and pour a glass of water.

When you returned, she had removed the cloth from her head. She took the glass and medication. "Alright, you can go. You're going shopping today, right? Can you see if there's anything Yuna needs? She asked for some money this morning." You nod and close the door on your way out.

You go back to the living room, and your sister is still sitting on the couch. But this time, her head was buried in her hands. "Yuna? Are you okay?" She jumps and gasps. She obviously did not hear you come into the room.

"Oh, unni! No... I'm not. I've been feeling odd lately and I'm kind of scared now.." You raise a brow, not sure what she means. You sit down next to Yuna and put an arm around her, waiting for her to go on. "Well.. I missed my period last month. I wasn't too concerned at first because it's happened before. But then I started feeling sick in the morning, and sometimes I feel tired for no reason and last week I started having cramps so I thought I was about to start, but it never happened... Unni, I think I might be pregnant and I don't know what I'm going to do."

You stare at Yuna, not saying anything. She looked like she was on the brink of tears. You've never had friends who had pregnancy scares, unless Krystal counts. You weren't sure what to say or do. She turned to look at you, wide-eyed. "Unni...? What do I do?"

You sigh. "I don't know, Yuna. Have you taken a test yet?" She shook her head. "Okay, I guessed as much. Well. I'm going out today. I could buy you one. I'll even buy you two, to make sure... Have you talked to P.O?"

She looks at the ground "No, I was going to go talk to him about it today. And I borrowed some money from umma to buy a test." Yunna pulls the money out of her pocket and she hands it to you. "Are you mad at me, Ae Sook?"

You smile faintly and reassure her. "No, dongsaeng. I'm worried for you. I don't want you to have to go through something you're not ready for. You're fifteen. I know you and I don't think either you or Pyo are ready for a baby at all. Now, this is only a possibility, so don't worry about it too much. Okay, Yuna I'm going to go shopping with Amber. I'll get them for you. Annyeong." She stands up to give you a hug.

"I'm going to go call P.O. now. I really hope he doesn't freak out..." She dials his phone number. "Annyeong, oppa! Do you think you could come over..? I need to talk to you.." You walk out of the house, get in your car and drive away, wishing the best for your poor sister.

A/N: You should all hear "Beautiful Goodbye" by f(x)