reunions

All Because of Her
 

reunions

It was a little past eight o’clock when you pulled up to Kyung’s house. Even though he’d graduated last year, he agreed to let the seniors have their party at his house. P.O.’s place wasn’t big enough to have over 800 kids in his yard. You could see the light-up beach balls in the pool from here.

 

“Ae Sook, do you see this? There has to be a thousand people here! Kyung’s gonna have to have one helluva cleanup crew,” Yuna laughed, and then her phone rang.  “Hello? Oh, hey babe....Yeah, I just got here...… Okay, we’ll meet you there… see you in a sec.”

 

She starts to pull you towards the house. The music was pounding in your ears long before you got to the front door. We found P.O. on the couch, already drinking. Yuna sat right down on his lap and you took up the couch beside them. You took in the room around you. Everything looked so expensive. “Man, Kyung has a nice place,” you yelled.

 

Pyo grinned at you, “Yeah, I know. I don’t know why we didn’t have the party here last year. But it’s okay, I got to meet this lovely lady,” he smiled at Yuna. I’m glad he treats her right. She deserves the best. They’re so cute.

 

“Awh, oppa!” And they were kissing already. Ugh. Nevermind. You look around, hoping to see someone who could save you from being a third wheel. Just then, Zico walked in the door. His face lit up when his eyes landed on you.

 

"Ae Sook! I've been looking for you," he picked you up and spun you in the air, making you squeal. He put you down and whispered in your ear, "Come on, I asked the DJ for a slow song."

 

It was times like this, when you saw him so happy, when he looks at you like you're the biggest present under the Christmas tree, that you forget how he is when he's angry and intoxicated. "Okay, let's go then."

 

He took his hand in yours and you two went outside. He stopped where dozens of couples were slow dancing. He doesn't care that you can't really slow dance, he was content with just going in little circles. "I've been looking forward to this night for a while. Now that we've graduated, we're going to be living the adult life. I'm not sure where we're going to go from here... but I've been thinking..."

 

You raised a brow at Zico, waiting. He never talks about things like this. "We've been getting pretty serious. Ae Sook, I love you and I think we make a good team and I don't really know how to ask but I'm thinking that we could move in together-- I mean. After you talk about it with your umma and Yuna."

 

Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no. Not this. Amber. "Zico... I'm not sure.. I'll have to think about it. Yuna needs me. So does umma. She's just now getting better." His face hardened, but he gave you a little smile to let you know he understood. The song came to an end and he dropped his hands from your waist.

 

"Well. Pyo will be looking for me. I'm gonna split. Don't touch the alcohol, and keep your phone on you. You're taking me home tonight. Saranghae, I'll see you later tonight." He kissed your cheek and disappeared.

 

Well. I should probably find Sulli..

 

Sulli POV

 

You said goodbye to Amber and started to walk towards the house when your phone rang. You pulled it out of your pocket and checked the screen. Just as you expected, your favorite photo of CNU was there.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey!"

 

"When will you be here?"

 

"Oh, we already are. She doesn't know anything, right?"

 

"Nope. I'm going to try to find her now. How much time do you need?"

 

"Five minutes, maybe?"

 

"Perfect. See you soon, oppa. Saranghae"

 

"You too."

 

You hung up. Then you spotted Ae Sook across the yard with... YOUNGJI?!?

 

Normal POV

 

You walked towards the backyard, weaving through the crowd until you see Sulli. She was on the phone. You were about to go run to her, but something else blocked your path. It was a girl with big dark eyes and short choppy hair. It was a face you'd recognize anywhere.

 

"Youngji.." you almost whispered.

 

She gave you a slight smile. "Hey. Long time no see... I've missed you, Ae Sook."

 

Your eyes prickled, feeling guilty. "I've missed you, too..." Your voice cracked on the last word.

 

"Then why haven't you called me?"

 

"I sort of lost your number." More like a certain someone blocked it.

 

She raised her brows. "You know my number, that's bull. Well. I'll just give it to you." She got pen and paper out of her purse and jotted down her number. "Call me sometime.. please."

 

You slipped it in your pocket and gave her a little smile. "Oka--" Someone pulled on your arm. You spun around. Oh. Sulli. Her eyes were wide with concern. She knew the situation with Youngji.

 

"Hey! I haven't seen you all night. Come on. Uh, sorry Youngji I'm going to have to steal her.." she pulled you away and whispered "Are you crazy? Are you looking for trouble with Zico?"

 

You didn't answer. Instead you looked around you and your mind wandered to the last big party you attended. "It's been a year, Sulli. I miss them.. have you visited Shinwoo? How are the boys?"

 

She grinned, and there was a gleam in her eyes. "Oh. No I haven't seen him in a month but I know they're doing fine. I think I'll see him soon though."

 

"Oh. That's good, I guess. It's nice that Shinwoo is okay with long distance."

 

She gave you a sad smile. "Don't worry. I know Baro thinks about you."

 

Your heart hurt a little from hearing his name. "You thi--" but you were cut off by a man's voice coming through the speakers.

 

"Everybody make your way to the back deck. We'll be having a special performance from an amazing group. One of our amazing graduates hooked us up with a few of our, now famous, former classmates ... everybody give it up for... B! 1! A! 4!"

 

Applause erupted from every direction.

 

No...

A/N: