reminisce

All Because of Her
 

reminisce

You shut off the water and step out of the shower. You go to grab your towel, but you stop when you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror. Your eyes are drawn to the five darkening spots on your forearm. Zico... He had grabbed harder than you thought. I should have just kep-

You shut your eyes, trying to keep the memory from resurfacing. You turned your attention to the bruises, and touched them tenderly, wincing. I don't think my dress will cover that... You gave yourself a once-over counting the yellowing splotches covering your skin. Those, either..

Wrapping yourself up in your towel, you go back to your room and start getting ready for the graduation party tonight. June 21.. it's been one year. One year since they left.

You glance at the picture frame on your bedside table. You and Baro on your aquarium date. Next to it was a photo of him touching the stingrays. Your smile was bittersweet. Wow. I haven't seen him in a year. See, Ae Sook, wasn't so hard was it? You laugh, but with no humor. 

On your wall were other photos. Yuna, Youngji, and the most recent picture, Amber. You go about your routine but your thoughts are filled with names and faces.

In the past year or so, you've gotten closer to Yuna than you ever thought you would. Now that you had more mutual friends you spent more time together than you had before when you only saw each other at home.

You haven't spoken to Youngji in over six months. The last occasion wasn't exactly a good memory. She was begging, pleading, for you to let her help, but her attempts hurt more than they helped. 

And finally Amber.. Ah, Amber. She was always your favorite among the queenkas, even Sulli. As soon as Zico formally introduced you to his friends, you loved her. Funny and sarcastic and trustworthy, you easily became close.

You glance at the papers you printed out with possible apartments you plan to rent with her. You haven't mentioned the idea to Zico yet. You know he won't like it, especially since he feels like Amber feels something more for you.

Maybe I'll mention it tonight. It's only a matter of time before fall comes and I go to college. You grab your dress out of the closet. You smile, remembering how great Sulli said it looked on you.

You do your hair and makeup and head downstairs. "Yuna! Didn't you say you wanted to come, too?" you yell, and almost bump into her walking into the kitchen.

"Right here, babo. Yeah, I've been getting ready since 5. Pyo is going with Zico and I'm going with you. Two party crashers," she grinned.

You check your phone. One missed call from Zico. "Well, it's almost 8 so we better head out soon."

Yuna started to go upstairs and said, "Alright I'll be down in five."

You dial Zico's number. After four rings, he picks up.

"Hello?"

The sound of his voice made you grin.

"Hey babe, you called?"

"Yeah, uh don't touch the booze tonight. I'm going to be drinking, so you be designated driver, okay?"

You started to say, "Oh o-" but he had already hung up. You sigh. "Come on, Yuna! It's going to be a long night."

A/N: