Good Bye...to the Beginning

Tasting the Rain

"I'm going to summer camp over the summer. A sleep away camp," Henry said as we sat on the bench.

I nodded. "I heard your mom talking to my mom about it."

"Will you miss me?"

"Why do you even ask that, doofus?" I playfully flicked a finger in his direction.

"I have an idea!" He jumped off the bench. "Why don't we write letters to each other? That way, when we feel lonely, we'll just read each other's letter and won't feel lonely anymore!"

"Good idea! I'll start writing mine now!"

"Anlia! So good to see you again," my grandma greeted me, hugging me at the door.

"Good to see you too, Nai nai," I replied, hugging back. It felt good to be in her soft, but strong, embrace.

"Come in, I'll get you some tea." She turned to go, but then saw me reluctance to come with her. "Why you not come in? Is my tea not good?"

"Nai nai," I blurted out. "Do you remember Henry?"

"Liu Xian Hua? Of course I remember him."

"Well, he was visiting for a few weeks, but he's leaving now. I want to see him at the airport before he leaves."

My grandma turned around, a new determined look in her eyes. "Why didn't you say so? Let's go!"

We pulled up at the airport. Just as I rushed in, I saw Henry heading for the security line. "HENRY!"

He turned around and smiled. "Anlia." Then he saw my grandma and bowed. "Nai nai hao."

She walked up with her arms outstretched. "Henry! Long time no see," she said in Mandarin. "Next time you visit, please visit me too. I am very lonely."

"I will, Nai nai."

"Okay, you talk to Anlia now. I will go." She walked off, muttering, "Where's the bathroom? This place is too big."

Henry and I looked at each other and laughed. "Your grandma never loses her touch," Henry commented.

"She doesn't." I watch her go for a few more seconds, then opened my arms for a hug. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too." Henry leaned back and reached in his pocket. Out came an envelope. "This is for you."

I laughed and pulled out an envelope too. "And this is for you."

"Great minds think alike," he teased.

"So be it." We switched. "Read mine when you get to your dorm, okay? You might lose something on the plane."

"Okay, mom," he replied with a smile. "Read mine when you're in your room alone, okay?"

"Okay." I watched him get in line for security. As he neared the head, he looked back. I waved. He waved back, and then walked out of sight.

"Okay, okay, he's gone?" My grandma asked as she returned.

I nodded, then looked at her with a smile. "Okay, grandma, let's go and have your famous tea."

Afterwards, I sat in my room and breathed out. The summer had become empty. As I closed my eyes, I could picture myself writing down the letter I gave to Henry, putting my confession that he was my first love, but my forever friend. When I was done writing, I had slipped in the friendship bracelet I had made during the falls. Sighing, I opened my eyes. I put my hands in my pocket and drew out the envelope to find a letter inside.

Anlia,

I wish I had more time to spend with you. But we had enough time to become friends again. The waterfall, dancing in the rain, singing Lucky...

Am I too selfish to want for more? Maybe I am. But this time, I'll have you decide.

My heart aches...You're my best friend, the one who always knew me. If you could stand by my side till the end of time, I would be happy, not matter what happens.

In the envelope is something else. I hope you'll wear it and think of me. And here I am, praying that you'll accept it, and remember...

Henry

I reached inside the envelope and felt a strand of something cold and smooth. As I drew my hand out, I gasped. He had given me a necklace with a strand of diamonds.

Suddenly I remembered the night where we sat under a starry night sky.

I bent my head to kiss it, and smiled. "Henry, I hope that one day we'll be in a situation where I can accept you fully," I murmured.

THE END

Few days later...

I snapped open my laptop and out came Strings With Henry.  "Tweet: Hey guys back in Seoul! Excited to see my hyungs again...Fighting!

Well Henry I've noticed you have friendship bracelet on...Which String did you accept it from?"

I shook my head smiled. "If they only knew..." I murmured.

THE END

(and I mean it this time)

*

Well guys! Here it is! The glorious end!

First complete fanfic....YES! -pumps fist in air- Not to mention that my guess this would end in 5-6 chapters...Hey, 7 is close enough.

Anyhow, pleasure working with you guys! If you want a sequel, you better ask because I don't like giving stuff that's only to be wasted or whatnot. Also suggest where you want it to be, Korea, China, Taiwan... (If you want accurate stuff, please say China. It's the only place I've been out of the 3. >.<)

EDIT: Here is the new sequel: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/64449

Anyway, dei xia jian! (I think that's right...>.<)