To Be or Not To Be......Human

Tasting the Rain

"Anlia!" My mom called up. "Henry is here!"

"Coming!" I glimpsed at myself in the mirror as I turned to get my bag. In a few seconds, I was down the stairs and out.

"Man, what did you pack?" Henry asked as I sat myself in the front seat.

"Hmm? Oh, a towel."

Henry facepalmed. "I knew i forgot something!"

"That's okay, cause I brought two!" I held them up. We looked at each and laughed.

I spied CDs near the radio. "Do you ever listen to your own music?"

He shrugged. "Now and then. Only when I have to, like when I want to improve. It's still weird listening to myself."

"Ah." We fell silent.

"So what have you been doing?" Henry asked. "I know you had some conerts and even at tour with your flute, but that's it."

I shrugged. "Some composing at the piano, some singing. Stuff that helps me relax. Therapy for times when emotions seems too much. You know me."

"Do I?" Henry looked at me. I opened my mouth to reply, but he shook his head. "Never mind. Forget I said anything. I'm just tired."

Never mind? So he felt the gap too. Why did I think he would continue to pretend? Maybe I had wanted him to, so I could say he was ignorant, stupid. But it was me who was ignorant and stupid.

To break the ice, I said, "What have you been doing besides promoting, making music, and touring places?"

He shrugged. "Living, I guess?"

"Doesn't it get lonely to be an idol?" I looked over at him. "I don't know about SM, but i heard YG had their artists wait a certain amount of years after their debut before they can date."

Henry looked at me. "Why would you be concerned?"
 

I looked down. "Because I'm worried abou tyou," I whispered, clasping my hands together.

Henry's face softened. "Well, don't worry abou it. Hey, you look tired. Why don't you sleep?"

"Promise not to make fun of my sleeping face?"

His mouth curved up. "Promise."

I settled myself down and the peaceful atmosphere made it easy to relax and fall asleep.

*

Hey guys! So I orginally wrote this on a noetbook right when my plane was flying over canad and Alaska... When I finished my planes was close to the Iternational Date Line. Hey, at least this didn't make me feel like I wasted a whole day (fine 26 hours). Anyhow, i was also watching Jane Eyre. To be exact, I wrote when Anlia was leaving, slept, watched the move, and was inspired ot write again. Does love bring all romances around, eh? Too bad I haven't read the book. (Comment if you think I should! Well you don't have to..) Anyhow, it's kinda short and doesn't have a flashback because I couldn't think of one, and I'm too lazy to think of one right now. Besides, the next chapter is VERY LONG and I haven't even finished. So be glad this is short, k? Not to mention the next chapter is when the story starts to turn around. And you're welcome.