chapter 5

How Can I???
It has been two weeks since the incident and Shinhye still has been hospitalized because of her unstable condition. In fact she is slowly recovering. Yonghwa perhaps never misses school and decided to do shinhye a favour and try to forget what had happened. Jonghyun on the other hand has drowned himself with all the guiltiness he had inside him. No matter how many times he tried to forget things and moved on but sadly, that scene when someone had passed out right infront of him and just stop breathing always come to his mind, even while he's wide awake and still conscious. Well that's bad, he seems like living a hell of a life and unable to deal with it. He then decided to confront his parents and confess everything he has done. It takes him a lot of courage to do that, for his parents are very strict and tough people to deal with it. The moment they will find out they would probably disown him and kick him out of the house or even worse than that. But at least it will be no longer a secret. "Mwo...... yah jonghyun ah....... mworago? " Mrs Lee blurted out with an unbelievable expression, while Mr Lee instead cover his face with both his hands and shook his head disappointedly, can't even find calmness to bring out his words carefully. Of course jonghyun left out the part that he was playing with her, so that his punishment will not be that hard. Still his parents are so very disappointed. They sure have given him everything he wants all his life and now what. Look what he has done, he nearly killed some high school girl. Not like just any other but the only girl that is legally under the protection and supervision of the Jungs. The Lee's could possibly sense trouble here. The Jungs has always been the powerful family in their society. They own almost all the companies, even the small shops there. They have such huge businesses and also have business deals with their overseas partners. The Lee also owns their own company and in fact one of the shareholders in the Jungs companies, they also are the ones who had built a local hospital in town since Mrs Lee is a doctor. Not like any doctor but also a surgeon of course. Ottoke? How are they going to face the Jungs and apologize for their sons behaviour. Back at the hospital, shinhye was the only one there since everyone left. Mr and Mrs jung have to attend their company's annual meeting with all their stakeholders, yonghwa as usual is attending school, which makes no one to accompany her. But it really doesn't matter, she has grown to adapt with the life there inside the hospital. Although it feels like living in a prison cell all by herself, at least everyone is friendly and still have a freedom to roam around and get to know new and old patients there. Shinhye felt a bit clumsy and a bit disoriented at the moment, so instead of going out and breath some fresh air after taking her medicines in time with the assistance of the nurse and recorded her vitals, she decided to join her neighbours for a chat and play poker with them, as most of them are in their eighties, but with the same case as hers. Except for the fact her condition is slightly different. She had spend the whole morning hanging out with her old mates. She seems like enjoying being with them rather than those with her same age at school who always bully her. She shook the thought out of her head, thinking they are not worth it to think about it especially her time. Suddenly someone knocked on the door and popped in. They all turn to see who might that be and the nurse called on shinhye "Ms Park you have some visitors who wants to meet you in person." "Who might that be? " shinhye asked "Its the Chairman and his wife " answered the nurse "Mwo.... why did I do something terribly wrong..... what have I done? Did I break the hospital rules......" shinhye startled. "I really don't know but it seems important. He never came in person to consult a patient. But anyways they are waiting for you at the nurses point. Hurry up, get up and go to them now." Said the nurse. Shinhye in no time hurried to where the Lee is patiently waiting. She can even feel herself shaking like a leaf, but she try to remain calm. She wanted so bad to call yonghwa and the jung couple about who she's about to face but she don't want to disappoint them and keep them waiting, so she decided to do it later after the consultation. "Ms Park Shinhyessi anyeonghaseyo " Mrs Lee greeted warmly and motherly. Shinhye felt a bit comfort towards that and bow politelty to greet both the couple "uneonghaseyo Mrs Lee. Uneonghaseyo Mr Lee " Shinhye was still nervous in facing the Lee couple but when they settled at Mr Lee's office drinking coffee, Mrs Lee was the one who opened up to start a conversation. "Park shinhyessi, I guess we have scared you with this sudden meeting, but all we want to do is to apologize on behalf of our son." Mrs Lee sound very sincere as well as the seriousness on her face. Shinhye was shocked because she never thought he would let his parents apologize in his place. "Lee ahjumma you really don't have to do this." Shinhye shyly said "Anio!!! In fact we should have done this last week and we should have brought along our son to face you, afterall he is the one who needs forgiveness. But he don't even have the guts to show up cuz he feel like he might be a threat to you and may cause many problems " Mrs Lee tried to reason with the abscence of her son. Shinhye had spent almost two hours in the chairman's office, sorting things up with them. Her heart is still not ready to forgive that hell of a person but she can't be a ruthless person and turn down his poor parents who had spare their precious and buzy time to talked to her. Just to apologize. "Ma-dam would you mind if I share this seat with you? " Shinhye was hugging her legs to her chest, as if she's protecting herself from danger, letting her jawline lean on it, as if making sure she's all safe. She just stared at people and cars roaming around at the hospital compound, lost in some world there, as the conversation she had earlier with the Lee couple keep replaying in her mind when she suddenly hear a familiar voice. Actually the only voice that she had longed for when the nurse told her about the visitors. "Eh..." snapping out from her thoughts she turned to look at yonghwa with a shock expression as a symptom she wasn't aware he had already arrived. "Yah how long have you been out here, you're body is so cold. Come on lets go in " yonghwa helped her up and in to her own hospital bed. "So did something happened today? You seems lost in your thoughts out there." Yonghwa was so eager to know if something happened with her since no one was around to accompany her. "Oh and don't you dare stay out there longer anymore. If you want to at least grab a sweater or blanket to wrab yourself up or you might catch a cold and worsen your condition." He added. After all he is her best friend. The loving, caring, supportive and very protective one. In fact THE ONLY ONE.