chapter 4

How Can I???
"Consider yourself in detention for a month " apart from being expelled the headschool decided to put Yonghwa in detention because of breaking the school rules. "What the he....." Yonghwa protest but cut off by the Headschool... "Mr Jung one more word from you and I will have your parents in my office right now and discuss your behaviour with them.... one more word Mr Jung and I mean it..." the headschool seems to loose his temper "Oh! Go ahead and call them. But don't you dare tell me you have no idea what those children's are talking about around campus...." yonghwa still never back down "Mr Jung...." said the headschool "What hah! All along you knew what happened but you never bother to do something about it..." yonghwa complains "What have Shinhye done to you people...." fighting back his tears when Shinhyes name came out his mouth he continues "What have she done that make you all treated her like an animal hah.... Well in case you never know she has feelings just like you do.... a human being just like you..." yonghwa raised his voice and anger started to get the best of him "Mr Jung everybody are equal..." the headschool breaks in... "Oh...oh...oh... now your talking about equality here but my friend has been bullied by those heartless people, what did you do nothing. And now they have gone too far and look what they did. They had just put her in the hospital, in between life and death." Now yonghwa wants to talk about equality "What did you do hah? Have you ever bother to put that monster in detention if he's so precious to let him go..." yonghwa continues "Mr jung..." is all the headschool can say "Don't make me take you to court for not doing your part as a Head of this school. And you know very well that I can do that..." almost like a threat he left the principles office and went back to class. Yonghwa allow himself to finish school for the day since he has to do it for his best friend. After school he felt like his feet is dragging him to the bar own by his dad and spent almost four hours drinking and getting wasted. Poor yonghwa must have gone through alot of stress. Going to the hospital that night is like facing a hard task and facing Shinhye is the hardest part. He don't even know what to say. Does he need to tell her that he now know everything? or Would he have to pretend he know nothing and just assure her everything will be fine. Uncontiously he went home aware that his mind and heart are at the hospital where Shinhye is laying peacefully. He was still lost in his dream world. There was no one at home and silence filled the house. Mr and Mrs jung decide to stay at the hospital with Shin since Yong hasn't show up. Suddenly the loud ring of his phone break the silence and woke him up. He found himself sleeping on shinhyes couch in her room and feel so wasted, he just answered the call. "Uneonghaseyo...." he answered "Yong you need to be here right now.... no question just get here as soon as possible...." Mrs jung on the other line said in a rush "O..o..omma..." yonghwa can't even said another word when his mother cut off the line. Afraid he can feel his heartbeat racing. He can still smell alcohol but he really need to go to the hospital as fast as he can. All the negatives thought came to his mind and tears started to develop in his eyes making his sight blur. As soon as he got there he parked his car, got out and run inside where shinhyes room is. He stopped right outside the door finding himself so afraid to open up to find something unbearable happen inside there. Holding the doors handle and fight against his own emotions, he nearly backed out when his mother push the door making him snap out from his imagination. He was shocked and can't find his balance causing him to fall. "Yong how long have you been standing outside here..." Mrs jung helped her own son to his feet and ask if he's alright. "Yes mom.... thanks... is everything allright in there? " yonghwa recalled the phonecall earlier and try his best to hide his panicky. "Why don't you go inside and find out yourself? " said Mrs jung "I can't... " yonghwa confess "Why but she need to see you " Mrs jung said back "Wha... wha... what... omma... I.. I... I..." struggling to find the right word he pulled the door open, went inside and find shinhye still laying on her bed now awaken with her eyes half open, still looking tired and weak. She turned her head slowly towards the door and saw yonghwa freezing there. She could feel a tear fall from her left eye when her sight reach him. "Yongie..." soft and clear he heard his name escape her lips. He rushed beside her, taking her left arm and let all his worried out through tears. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, I should have stopped you. I should have know she's capable of doing that to you. I'm sorry I can't do anything but to watch you being like this. I'm sorry I failed to protect you. Just give a chance and I promise this will be the last time. No one will dare....." words came flowing nonstop from yonghwa when shin Hye cut him when her right hand reach his cheek and it with her pale hand "Ssshhh just stay by my side. Hmmm don't leave me when I'm asleep. When I wake up please forget all those and lets start a new." Shin Hye said in between breaths. "But...but......" yonghwa wanted to keep her awake but seeing her fall back to sleep he decided to let her be... "Don't worry I will never leave you. So please don't ever think of leaving me. Deal? " trying to sound funny he saw a smile curved up on shins lips...