| Chapter 6 |

The Broken Hourglass

" We missed him, sir, "

He turned his chair and stood up as his ears caught that sentence.

" We could not catch up, "

PANG! A punch was blown upon the servant's face.

 

" What do you mean you missed him? "

 

Silence.

 

" Find him. Use his weaknesses, "

 

 

" But he got upgraded, sir, "

 

 

 

" Track him, "

 

 

 

 

 

" Can't you just keep your voices down, for goodness sake? " Tao shuddered as he stepped down to the living room, Hye-suk still clinging on him. " It's ing 2 in the morning here, "

Hye-suk peaked out from Tao's broad shoulder and sees a group of boys; more likely six boys with wings and half ; sitting around, filling the couch space. One of the boys noticed her presence and stared her, making Hye-suk blushed wildly, felt uncomfortable and hid behind Tao. 

" Tao, who is she? " he asked as he stepped closer. " She's pretty.. " " And yes Chen, she is mine, " Tao quickly cut his stare. " Sorry, Hye-suk. Chen here is always like that when he sees new people- " " Zitao, can I have her? " Chen stormed in, earning a cold glare from the speaking male.

" Chenchen, not nice taking people's property, " a boy with small eyes interrupted. " So Tao, what's her name? "

 

 

 

" Guys, thanks for your unexpected visit which I hope would happen later than now. I would simply not like you to meet Hye-suk. She is tied to me so don't you dare to- "

" GOODNESS SHE IS PRETTY! "

" THE LORD FINALLY ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS! "

" You never prayed "

" Atleast she is in our hands now"

" Where is the bedroom? I need to preserve my skin, "

 

Still surprised on their presence, Hye-suk flinched just by listening to their voices and quietly pulled the edge of Tao's sweater. " I-I don't feel comfortable h-here, Tao.. "

Tao smiled before leading her back to her room, earning shots of glare from the rest of the guests.

" I'm sorry if they bothered you, Hye-suk, " Tao apologised as soon as Hye-suk sat on her bed. She faints a smile and shook her head, convincing him that it was okay. " No Tao, I was wrong. I was still a bit too sensitive after all that happened.. " " What happened?" Tao questioned. Hye-suk shrugged, still fiddling with her night gown. " Stuff? I never thought I will be.. you know.. not human, " Hye-suk shuddered. Tao again smiled after listening to the younger's statement. He patted her head and told her to go to sleep before walking out from her room.

 

 

" Tao-geeeeeeeeee!!!"

Right, there we go again.

" Zitaoo, I'm hungry, " a blonde-haired boy with doe-like eyes pouted once spotting Tao in the living room. Tao clicked his tongue before showing him the fridge. " Hyung, please do not expect me to even do anything for goodness sake, " He complained to the boy who was out milk from its carton. The boy then gave an eye smile before nodding. " Arasseo, " Luhan then continued filling in his stomach; he was soooo damn hungry.

Tao peeked from the kitchen, looking for the others. The small-eyed lad appeared, burying his hands in his sweater pockets; well, Tao's sweater since they came here shirtless.

" The others already find their places to sleep in, " as if on cue, he answered as soon as Tao intended to ask. Tao wrinkled his eyebrows before popping his eyes out. " Where did.. where did Chen go, Xiumin? " he asked.

Xiumin puckered his lips and pointed towards the marble staircase. Tao tried to process the information before speeding up for Hye-suk's bedroom- the staircase only leads to her bedroom.

 

' Don't tell me I have a competition, " Tao whispered as he dashes through the staircase, hoping that Chen won't at least freak the hell out of his girl.