| PROLOGUE |

The Broken Hourglass

"Hye-seok unnie,why are you crying?" The young Min Hyo-rin asked her older friend Jung Hye-Seok.

"I don't know,Hyorin-ah. I just don't know," Hye-seok simply replied. Her warm tears had been flowing from her eyes for 3 hours already. "I just,I can't believe that this is happening right now," she said again as she held a black mask in her hands. Then her father,Jung Soo knocked the door,asking her permission to enter. As she said yes,the black-attired man quickly gave his daughter a warm hug. "Hye-seok ah,you can't cry now. I'm sure he'll be sad to see you in this condition," he assured. 

Hye-seok just made sure that the mask is still in her grabs,not hearing about whatever her father had said.

"Jung Hye-seok ssi,it's time to go," another black-attired woman called out for the weeping Hye-seok. Jung Soo patted his daughter's shoulder and held her hand. "You should let it go now. It's time,"

Hye-seok's best friend,So-ra quickly ran up to her with a two-way cake foundation in her hand. "H-Hye-seok ahh.. You can't cry! Look what happened at your beautiful face," So-ra said while holding her own tears. She and Hye-seok then stared eachother before beginning to cry again and hugged eachother.

"So-ra yaa.. I...I"

"Hye-seok ahh,"

"Jung Hye-seok ssi,here's a bouquet of white lilies," the black-attired woman,apparently assistant,gave Hye-seok a bouquet of white lilies. Hye-seok released her friend from their hugs and welcomed the flowers in her hands.

"Father,let's go,"