| Chapter 5 |

The Broken Hourglass

" Myungsoo! Wh-what are you doing here? " Hye-suk flinched as she saw the latter staring at her from the outside of the car; just a few inches away from the passenger's door. She can't resist the air-conditioner so she let the window of the door open to let the natural breeze in. Myungsoo's best friend Sungyeol called to warn her about his plans; taking her away. Hye-suk was too absorbed in listening that she did not even realize Myungsoo was watching her for the past 30 seconds. She looked up at him and flinched a bit in her seat, grabbing her cardigan tightly when she saw his raging sight. Sungyeol warned her that Myungsoo might take her along back to the States. Knowing this and seeing Myungsoo tighten his fist scared Hye-suk even more; she promised not to keep contact with other men just so that Myungsoo would stop torturing her. He was killing her from the inside.

Myungsoo smiled, his face burning up, sweats began trickling his face, his eyes went raging with fire. The next thing Hye-suk knew, Myungsoo was driving crazily, ignoring her pleads to stop the car and let her go. He focused on locating themselves to the port and drowning theirselves together. He; to be ing honest; loved Hye-suk too much but he had duties to carry. Seeing her trying to escape from him made him realized he was torturing her, so he planned the happiest and the easiest way to escape..

And that is by death methods.

He wants to die together with her so that he could claim her soul and live a new life in his world.

Hye-suk kept trembling and crying that it made Myungsoo lost his focus. She was scared. She never planned or wanted to go wherever Myungsoo planned to go; it would either be a new honeymoon package vacation almost every month or just to his other bungalow where he would do anything he wants- calling Mr. Oh, her 50-year-old boss along to ' join ' him or simply abusing her in any chances.

He can be the nicest fiance any girl would ask for and the most cruel man anyone ever wished to get rid of.

Few seconds of trembling and she could see a dam ' welcoming ' her. And hey, the dam was closed. It all became clear- her life is at stake. She reached out for Myungsoo's hand which was still steering the wheel, trying to stop him. Myungsoo; still on fire; ignored her and reached out for the fastest pace towards the dam, planning to drown themselves together.

The birthmark on Hye-suk's collarbones lit up, shone a bright light. Both her and Myungsoo twitched their eyes away from the brightness before it was gone. They were puzzled before Myungsoo rapidly tried to pull the brake as he sees a figure; with black wings; were standing few meters away from the car.

Hye-suk looked out at front to check what he was seeing and she trembled more as she saw the man as well.

And there he was. There was Tao, waiting.

Myungsoo failed to pull his car to a stop; the car won't brake down. Hye-suk was scared seeing Myungsoo tried to stop his driving. She looked back at front, seeing a bright white light standing still. Her eyes did not blink, her body stopped shaking. Her birthmark shone brighter and Hye-suk felt as if she was being pulled towards the light.

She then heard a whisper.

" Don't be scared. My time is here, "

She heard it right before their car fell down from the cracked road, falling towards a pool of water in the dam.

She freaked out. She screamed for help. Myungsoo's body slowly turned to ashes, black smoke surronding the insides of the car.

" Help!"

And her surrondings went black.

 

 

Tao rubbed his eyes and woke up from his sleep when he heard Hye-suk's wimps. He quickly slipped beside her and wrapped her with his arms. Right now, he knew that Hye-suk is still fragile after what had happened. He,too, knew that she is having the accident's throwback in her dream. His responsibility now is to be right beside her and comfort her. There should be no worries, Myungsoo's dead. He hushed her down, trying to quiet the fragile girl. Moments later, she went back to sleep.

She felt so small and yet so cuddly in his arms. She seemed like a strong girl on the outside. Which is why he made her lose her feelings during Myungsoo's cremation; she should not cry over someone who tortured her.

He slowly her arms while whispering a mantra. He wanted to cure and fade all of the scars formed on her body. She is too precious to be hurt and he knew. He pledged to keep her safe and comfortable from now on. She is now immortal and so is he, although they do have weaknesses that might as well make them powerless. He kissed herself sweet dreams and continued sleeping; both in eachother's embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hye-suk woke up; realizing that she was hugging Tao on the waist. She looked up and studied his features carefully. She felt odd for loving someone who she just encountered two days ago. But even if she tried, she knew she had fabricated the utmost love on him. She remembered her nightmares and it all came to a stop when Tao hushed her back to sleep. It was pleasing to see him protecting her and provide her with comfort.

Tao knew she was watching. He opened his eyes and kissed her on the forehead. " Did you sleep well,babe? "

" Why do you love me? "

He carved a smile as she asked him that question and began hugging her tighter. He just loved her body scent; for him it was so inviting. " I fell in love ever since I see you, love, "

" But I'm.. I'm filthy, " Hye-suk stuttered. Tao shook his head and pecked a kiss on the tip of her nose. " You're an angel in my eyes, "

 

Hye-suk cleaned herself up and was surprised to see that her arms were not grotesque anymore; it's clean, no scars left unfade. She looked to the reflection of herself in the mirror and slightly smiled, realizing her life is starting a new before noticing her birthmark; the broken hourglass; slowly becoming noticable and that it was starting to 'complete' its shape. Tao peeked from their closet- yes they are sharing- with him laying his back by the door of the closet, standing with his arms crossed. It enchanted him seeing Hye-suk wanders and dumbfounded while getting her hair done. He approached her and gave her a back hug while resting his chin on her shoulder. Hye-suk still flinched, not getting used to the sudden skinship. Tao then asked, " Do you like it when you have no more scars on your skin? " His breath was so warm and yet tingling as it reaches her earlobes. She felt her stomach growing butterflies as he nuzzled deeper. Hye-suk smiled a little and uttered a single hum, agreeing his question. He then hold her right wrist and her arm before leaving a trail of kisses along her fair skin. Every kiss felt magical to Hye-suk, she can feel the spark.

Tao cuddled Hye-suk again for a moment before leading her to the kitchen. That was before a sudden thud was heard in the living room.

 

Well, two thuds.

Three

Four

Five six

 

Tao gave himself a face palm as Hye-suk flinched more and more, scared that villains are coming.

" No worries, my dear, they are not villains, "

 

" YAA HUANG ZITAOOOOOOO, "

 

Far from being a villain, Tao scoffed before looking down to the living room. Can't you arrive a bit later?