| Chapter 1 |

The Broken Hourglass

It was raining. 20-year-old-to-be Jung Hye-suk just stared the transparent window,looking towards an uninteresting view. Her eyes are focusing towards those clear rain droplets formed on the surface of the glass. Her fingers slowly touched the cold glass, thinking about nothing but blank feelings. The lightning that flashed its bright lights did not even startle her. The loud thunder did not even crash through her eardrums. Her stitched forehead did not make her whine in sincere pain. Her black hanbok she has been wearing for hours did not even bother her.

It has been five hours since her fiancee has been cremated. 22 years old Kim Myungsoo died in a car accident involving him and herself. She refused to remember the tragedy. But she was not even sad nor showing her true feelings ever since the condolence paying ceremony started. She was emotionless. She just doesn't know to keep quite or celebrate her fiancee's death. Should she buy bottles of soju or expensive wine to celebrate it?

No,she was not crazy. She's normal as ever. Explains why she was not affected by Myungsoo's absence in life.

She was tortured.

Her fragile self was destroyed and crushed.

All done by the devil Kim Myungsoo

Hye-suk languidly made her way towards the restroom to give her face hydration. As her palms reaches the cold water, the sleeves of her hanbok slowly uncovers her arms until the fabrics reaches her elbows. She slightly frowned,whincing in pain. She continued washing her face and took a long look at her reflection. Undeniably, she was pretty. Her curly brunette hair enhances her slim jawline. Her sparkly hazel eyes with double eyelids were accessorised with long natural eyelashes that curls up perfectly. Not a single pimple,blackheads nor whiteheads dare to even stop by on her face. She was born with natural pink blush cheeks, which is why she gets to save her money on two-way cake blushers. But as she stared down,her arms caught her attention.

Her grotesque arms.

Full of scars and scratches.

All thanks to the devil Kim Myungsoo

And as if nothing happened, she walks towards her bicycle that was parked nearby As soon as the ceremony ended, she changed to a pair of casual clothes. and cycles through.

“Nothing happened,”

“You never knew him, Hyesuk-ah”

Never,

As she reached her mansion, she steps inside. Not in any mood for some television, Hye-suk went for the refridgerator and took out a container full of fermented kimchi. She cooked out instant rice for five minutes and scooped the rice into the bowl. Alone at the dining table, she consumed dinner for the night.

Clock’s ticking

Night’s getting old

Tick-tock

The clock 1 a.m. Routined bedtime for me, Hye-suk sighed. She climbed up the stairs and entered her enormous bedroom. Her King-sized bed and white, comfortable duvet is waiting for her. She washed her face and the air-conditioner.

She sat down, facing her make up table. There are practically nothing- just basic facial care treatments and a mirror that clearly shows a reflection of her.

Her broken self

Her tortured self

Her ugly self

She took a long stare upon the image shown by the mirror. Her eyes were then focused on a birthmark- an unusual birthmark- right between her collarbones. It had a shape of an hourglass.

Well, the upper-half of an hourglass

Oh well, people won’t notice it, she mumbled to herself.

After she changed to a pair of translucent satin night gown, she let her tied hair went loose and slowly lied down on the bed. Today was definitely a tiring day for her and she deserves some rest.

But she hopes that she’ll be able to start a new day

Tomorrow

Without the devil Kim Myungsoo