| Chapter 4 |

The Broken Hourglass

Hye-suk tried to open her eyes, though it felt weird for not having any sunlight trying to crash her eyelids. Her hands began to wander around, noticing that her bed felt weird. It felt softer, fluffier, more comfortable..

This is not my bed.

Her eyes were then opened and was shocked to see that her surroundings ;  the room ; was not her room. Though it looked dark since it was still midnight..

Midnight?

Her mind then tried to recapture about what just happened. Few hours throwback.

Then she realized that she wouldn't want to remember or even think about what had happened to her anymore. Having bad memories with the late Myungsoo was enough, she does not want to reminisce anything that had got to do with Mr. Oh. She covered her ears and screamed quietly, ducking her head down and locked her knees with her pair of arms.

She still tried to connect all the puzzle pieces, and to like it or not she has to remember the throwback.

Alright now, she monologued. Let's see, that bastard touched me, she thought, and then dozed me off..

" And then I came and saved you. Sorry because I was late, " a hoarse voice broke her monologue. Hye-suk reflexed over the voice and slowly covered herself with the duvet ; assuming that she was ' shielding ' herself. " Wh-who are you? "

She studied the man's features carefully. Doe but baggy eyes, reminds me of a panda. Arms with muscles. Tough guy, huh? Bronze coloured skin-

Her mind then lets out a sudden tick. She remembered this guy.

He always appeared in my dream

He was the one who protected me from Myungsoo in those nightmares

His wings was the one that shielded me from his rage.

Is he..

" Yes, I'm the guy who swore to protect you. I'm here for you, " as if on cue, he responded.

" Wh-what am I d-doing here? How did I-I get he-here? Wh-what did you d-do to me? "

" It's a long story, Hye-suk. It's not the perfect time for you to know again. But just a hint ; it has got to do with your birthmark. I'm here for the incomplete hourglass, " the unknown answered, and he knew that was not the woman wanted to hear.

With a deep breath, Hye-suk calmed herself and asked him again.

 

 

" Why did you kidnap me? "


 

What? Kidnap? He was surprised as Hye-suk threw him a dynamite question. " What on earth are you talki- "

" How much do you want? I'll ask my trustee to transfer a huge amount of money ; an amount that you wanted ;  to your bank account, " she seriously stated ; with a bit of stutters. What? She really thought I was there for her for money? " Excuse me, but I'm not kidnapping you, and I don't want your money. I don't need them, "

" Why? "

Because creatures like me don't use money.

" Because I obviously had plenty of them, " he responded with a shrug and left for the kitchen, leaving Hye-suk unsatisfied.

Her heart still raged for answers. She followed him and walked down towards the smooth marble stairs, her eyes exploring the luxurious mansion. It felt bigger than her old one, but nicer and more pleasing since it had nothing to do with her ex- fiancee.

Before her eyes could explore more, her body felt weak. Her head was spinning, and her collarbones felt tighter than ever, making her to become mute for a moment ; disabling her to call for help. She clenched her collarbones and was surprised to see that her palms ; the one that had contact with her collarbone ; had a very unusual stain. A sapphire gold dust stain. The dust lit up and made her eyes twitched little by little. As it lit up brighter, her collarbones felt tighter. She was then sweating trickles of coldness, her face went pale. She couldn't keep standing any longer, her body lost in the competition and swinged down, about to hit the marble floor.

But before she could even experience blunt force trauma, he caught her. She was caught in his arms with her hands coiled around his neck. She then witnessed his wings spread out and covered both of them, and him closing his eyes. In just seconds, she felt cold again, making her scooting her body closer towards the unknown guy for warmth. She could hear his heartbeat and feel his six pack abs. Hye-suk coiled her hands tighter around him, not knowing the real reason why. And shortly, she felt the warmth and relaxed her body, realizing the pain was gone.

And she still kept herself close to the anonymous.

Usually she'd feel scared and wanted to run away with those who wanted to harm her ; Myungsoo and Mr. Oh. But being with this guy made her feel comfortable, pleasing and wanted to stay.

Is he a nice guy?

" You're getting stronger, my love. You're beginning the phase of change, " he softly convinced, letting the breeze to poof them in the room where she slept earlier. As soon as they knew, they were both on the bed under the soft duvet, but her arms still wrapped around the unknown's neck. She was scared that the pain will be experienced again. She weeped and clenched her fist tighter, burying her head on his chest for safety.

" Shhh, now my dear, calm down. The pain will come again but I'll be here to comfort you. I promise, " he comforted as he kissed Hye-suk's forehead. " You're officially mine now. Your soul and heart belonged to me, and I guarantee I won't hurt you," he assured more and hugged her tighter.

Hye-suk heard his hearbeat ; it was the most soothing beat she could ever listen. She ducked up her head and stared through his doe bagged eyes, feeling that he won't harm her anymore. At first, she thought of him as a kidnapper, a bad guy who only wanted what she had and to again use her for lust.

But now, thoughts changed.

He is not a kidnapper.

He's a saviour.

He's not a bad guy.

He's a pure angel.

He was not going to use her

He is going to cherish her

Her fingers then slowly tracked towards his face, tracing down his eyes, nose and lips. The anonymous smiled, making her feel warmer. She then asked in a soft tone.

Who are you? "

" I'm your saviour who vowed to protect you. I'm Tao. Huang Zitao, " he answered, taking her left hand that traced along his face lightly and kissed the back of her palm.

Hye-suk fell into a deep blush and hid herself in his embrace a little more. She never felt this comfortable ever since her life was dedicated along with Myungsoo.

Tao smiled as he saw how cute Hye-suk was. Being with her this close in an actual form was all that he wanted. Ever since he was descended to protect the chosen one, he fell in love at first sight. He knew everything ; from what she looked like when she was small until the day she was tortured.

His heart went rage whenever he remembered the guy who used her for lust and entertainment.

If he could, he would show up during their engagement ceremony to stop it. But things were not going as it was planned. He can only appear once Hye-suk faced through the big obstacle ; pre-marriage life with Myungsoo. The real reason why Myungsoo was attracted is through her birthmark. Myungsoo was in the blood of the guardians' descendant. The guardians were sent to destroy human beings that had strange birthmarks ; potential people who could destroy their community. Myungsoo were the last of generation to be sent and destroy those mankind, and that is where he found Hye-suk

Started with love, Tao thought Myungsoo was different from the guardians ; some of them changed to a positive guardian and now lived a blissful life with their family. But again, he was wrong. The guardians were nervous that Hye-suk was going to change Myungsoo's rage for love ; it was her ability, to soften people's hearts. Therefore, they sent an invinsible current that changed Myungsoo's heart back to rage and realized him back to his real duties. He began torturing Hye-suk and let jealousy overpowered him.

His duty was to crush her and kill her from the insides

And no way Tao would let that happen.

Tao took the biggest risk in his life.

He planned to kill Myungsoo, although it might cost him his superpowers and his love's life ; Hye-suk.

If he planned to destroy the last generation of the guardians, his superpowers might fade away and Hye-suk might die ; the guardian would take her soul along. Tao acted swifter by claiming Hye-suk as his own once he was promoted.

 

And that risk was worth it. 


" Oppa, where are we going? Please I beg you, just let me go! I promise not to even keep any contacts with men ever again," Hye-suk desperately pleaded, seeing Myungsoo still focused on his driving. Myungsoo ruffled his hair in full rage, wanting her to keep herself shut. Not because that she was annoying, but because she was weakening him and stopped him from his intention ; to kill her from her heart. " Would you just keep your mouth shut?! I am trying to drive here- " " Please, Myungsoo! I don't want to follow you-" " JUST SHUT THE UP WILL YOU?! " Myungsoo raised his voice, keeping Hye-suk's mouth shut. She continued weeping and scared for not knowing their real destination.

Tao was invisibly at the back passanger seat all the time, counting down the moment to end all of this right away. Everything will end, my dear, he assured though he knew Hye-suk won't listen.

3,2,1...

Kim Myungsoo, your death awaits.