| Chapter 2 |

The Broken Hourglass

“Oppa, please let me go!” Hye-suk weakly pleaded. She’s no longer strong. She’s no longer able to defend herself. Her energy and body crushed to pieces. Blood slowly racing down her face from the big cut on her forehead. She’s too weak to fight back. Comparing her body size and Myungsoo’s, she knew she’ll never have the chance.

“ What do you mean ‘ let you go ‘? Everything has its own pay,right?” Myungsoo sarcastically replied, still grabbing his fiancee’s wrist. For him, what Hye-suk has done is a definite no-no. “ Don’t you know that you only belong to me? And that means no other men for you to even greet,” “Oppa, trust me, he is just my cousin. Please let me go. I beg you,” “Cousin,huh? What kind of cousin is he for him to land a kiss on your forehead? Or was it that he was your first love?” “Oppa,you misunderstood everything,” Hye-suk consoled, ran out of breath to even walk. Her hand is now pale, the result of getting grabbed on too strong. “I loved you dearly, Hye-suk. I can’t bear to see you and other man to even shake hands. I’m envious,” Myungsoo slowly lets go of his grabs.

Hye-suk was already on the floor, with blood-stained clothes still on her. Myungsoo ruffled his hair and screamed in frustration. Hye-suk flinched from the loud voice Myungsoo made. She knew that the guy she is supposed to be with now has turned to a beastly human being.

“Darling,” that word made Hye-suk got scared. Even more scared. “Darling, listen to me,” Myungsoo crouched down and carressed her face with the back of his fingers. “I’m sorry for hurting you. But please don’t leave me. Please don’t even think of leaving me. I need you by my side,” he said as he slowly teared up. That made Hye-suk flinch a bit more. She knew what the hell was going to happen next. “But this won’t happen if you did not start it,right?!” her face suddenly felt a stinging slap from the right hand palm of Myungsoo’s hand.

I am dead

So going to be dead soon

But as his hands are about to go for another round of torture on her cheeks

Time stopped.

Hye-suk felt different.

As she was about to crouch more to protect her,

She felt something weird

Warm yet comforting

Strange but yet soothing

And there she was

In warm arms

Of someone mysterious

Hye-suk felt nothing but serious comfortness and warmness from those hugs. There were no one there but she could feel it. Without her realizing, her birthmark lit up and began to shape a broken hourglass.

“ I am here to protect you. My Hye-suk,”

And that was all she heard.

                The morning sunshine warmly greeted her cheeks. Her eyes surrendered deeper, pleading to sleep for a few more hours. But as soon her brain starts to fully function, she knew she can’t go for another round of slumber. She eventually opened her eyes and got up from her sleeping position.

She remembered the dream.

To say it was a nightmare, it did not scare her. But to say it was a sweet dream, well, it failed to make her lips motion a sincere smile. Hye-suk deeply closed her eyes again and tried to gain few important details from the dream.

Black wings

The frozen time

Warm, broad hug

Soothing voice

Broken hourglass

The hourglass- her birthmark!

Hye-suk gasped. She rapidly put on her indoor sandals below her bed and went for the big mirror across the spot she slept. She went close and takes a close view on her collarbones.

That’s it

The shape of the broken hourglass

The one in the dream

The thing that shone when he comforted me.

Hye-suk’s mind went blank. She is still trying to understand the situation. No way, she chuckled. To think that this was all supernatural is too ridiculous. Obviously her life is not the same as those casts in movies like Twilight.

But she needs to find the answer.

She has to find the answer

Only then, she will be able to have a good night sleep.

                                                    .                                                          

A week has passed since the tragedy. It was time for Hye-suk to go for work. Although she had a mansion and more than enough money to pamper and support her, Hye-suk finds it boring to stay at home and do nothing. Besides, for her, this house brings not enough memorable moments to make her comfortable and stay. Well, except painful memorable moments.

After dressing up, she tied her hair to the back, ponytail style. But without her knowing, her birthmark became more obvious. Although the color of the birthmark is not dark enough, it is noticable. The tanned birthmark stands out of her pale skin.

It’s almost here.

My time is almost here.

Please wait.

Hye-suk felt cold suddenly. The back of her neck was shivering, her spine was utterly cold. Was it her, or is it that she heard a voice asking her to wait?

Halucinations, perhaps, she mumbled and bit her lower lip.