Chapter 5

13 Boys and A Girl

It was Saturday night and you were lying on your bed while talking to your parents about your current situation living in Mr. Kim’s home. You told them how you weren’t alone in this house because Mr. Kim had thirteen other children with him and that they were all extremely nice to you. While you were in the middle of talking, you heard a knock from your door and Xero appeared looking well dressed as if he’s going off to somewhere.

You looked at him with a surprised expression on your face. This guy avoided talking to you as much as possible, though as if he hated you, and how he is here in your room standing in front of you. What could he possibly want?

“Eomma, Appa, I gotta go. I’ll talk to you soon. I miss you guys, good night.” You told your parents over the phone. As soon as you hanged up, you looked at Xero with a questioning look.

As if on cue, he immediately asked you a question. “Do you want to go with me and the boys to this party?”

“I’m not sure about that. I’m not actually the party type you see.” You told him.

“It doesn’t matter what type of person you are. All of us are going? Are you sure you want to stay here and spend your first Saturday night alone?” he asked.

“I guess I’ll go and try to join you guys.” You agreed but with a little bit of hesitation in your voice. You grabbed a skirt in your closet and changed your boxers into that, without bother changing your shirt anymore.

You took one last glace of yourself in the mirror and headed downstairs were some the boys were no longer there.

“Where are the others?” you asked B-joo and Kidoh.

“They all left with their friends already.” They told you. While you were talking, a car outside honked. You looked behind you and found Xero waiting for you in the car. “Are you going to get in or what?” he asked. You looked back at B-joo and Kidoh and asked whether they are joining you or not and they both shook their heads. B-joo had other plans with his friends while Kidoh will be waiting for his lab partner/date to arrive. You walked to Xero’s car door and sat there quietly, trying to make yourself as invisible as possible.

“I heard from Kidoh hyung that you play volleyball?” Xero suddenly asked.

“What? Oh, yeah. I do.” You answered obviously surprised by his sudden question.

After that second long conversation, the both of you stayed awkwardly quiet until you reached the party place. The street was packed with cars already and the blasting music from inside the house can be heard. As soon as you and Xero got off the car, tons of people came approaching him.

“What took you so long man! We’ve been waiting for hours!” they told Xero.

“Sorry guys, I still have to wait for her.” Xero motioned to you.

“Wow. You’ve got company! I wonder who’s this hot chick.” The guy said and winked at you.

“She’s ~~. The girl who’s parents were my dad’s friend. She’s the one staying with us.” Xero introduced.

“Oh, so this is her.” His friend said. “Nice to finally meet you then.” He continued.

Then suddenly another friend approached Xero. “Yah, Xero. Lets go!” his other friend called.

Xero looked at me as if asking if I’m going to be all right alone and I assured him I’m going to be fine, with a nod. “Go ahead with your friends. I’ll go look for something to drink inside.” You told him and quickly headed inside first.

There were a few familiar faces from the crowd, some of them go to your school, but none of them were your friends, there aren’t even ones from your class around here. You were getting yourself a cola from the kitchen when you saw Tiffany, the queenka in your school approach you she took a bottle of vodka in the cupboard and poured herself a glass full of it.

“Want some?” she offered. “Uhm, no thanks. I don’t drink alcohol.” You said. She was surprised that you rejected her offer and took a look at you. It was as if a lightning bolt had hit her and suddenly remembered you.

“~~ from class A. What a lovely surprise! What is a nerd like you doing in a party like this? Were you even invited?” she mocked.

“I know right. I didn’t really want to but someone kind of dragged me in here.” You said while rolling your eyes.

“ Oh well, while you’re here, I hope you wont embarrass yourself. Have fun!” she said in a sarcastic tone and left.

 


Author's Note:

Hey guys! This is just a short chapter that I have decided to post since its taking me so longer to update and I feel really bad about it. :(

This is so far all i've got, but I hope you like it. I'm going to update the continuation of this one probably next week. Please give love and anticipate this story more.