Chapter 1

13 Boys and A Girl

It was the usual saturday morning for you that day. You were planning to make breakfast but when you opened the fridge, you found out that it was empty. You have been busy studying for your exams that you had no time to run grocery errands. 

You changed your PJ's into sweatpants and a plain shirt and then headed outside. Before heading out, you already smelled something strange, like something was burning, but then you didn't really made a big deal of it and continued to shut the house closed.

"Maybe the ahjusshi next door was just grilling something." You thought.

 

Before you left the house, you made sure the gate was locked, and afterwards you walked your way into the supermarket which was just a few streets away from your home. You hummed your way into the supermarket, and walked past the familiar asiles. You occassionaly stop to grab things that you needed and wanted. You wanted to eat cereal but at the same time you wished to have an omelet. It took you a while to decide. In the end you decided to buy everything that you needed. 2 boxes of your favorite cheerios cereal, a carton or milk, a tray of eggs, a pack of sliced ham, bacon strips, and cheese.


You pushed your cart and made your way to the cashier to pay when you saw a couple of fire trucks came rushing by into the direction of your house.


"Excuse me maam. Should i bag these already?" The cashier asked.
"Oh, sorry. Yes, sure." You said while still wondering which house in your street was affected.
"Thats the second one for this month." The cashier lady said.
"What?" You asked her.
" The fire." She said.
" oh." Was the only thing you said.
" you better have your house checked as well, it might not be safe you know." The cashier lady adviced.


You were weirded out by what she said. "The house might not be safe? Who is she kiddding?"
 

You headed out of the supermarket and walked back home and to your surprise u found people & fire trucks parked at your front gate.Firefighters were using that big hose and splashing water at your house and even the halmoni near your neighborhood was there grabbing the fireman's coat.


"The young lady that lives there, I think she's still inside! You have to save her! I'm begging you!!"                                               

"Halmoni, don't worry, one of my co-workers already went inside to look for her." The guy said.
"Hyung! Did you find the girl yet?"he talked through his walkie talkie.
"We still havent seen her. I'm currently heading upstairs to look.
"There is still no sign of her halmoni." The guy informed the old woman.


You suddenly can't hold it any longer. You were too stunned as to what happened and dropped the grocerie bag you bought to the ground and cried.            
Halmoni and the fireman that were talking earlier shifted their attention to you.


"Oh, its that young lady! She's safe!" Halmoni said and ran over to your side.                                       

"Hyung, we found the girl. She is here." The fireman called his co-workers.
"Are you the only one living in this house miss?" the guy asked and you nodded.
" I am afraid that you won't be able to stay here anymore. The status of the house is completely burned down." The fireman informed you.
"I suggest that you stay in a friend's or relative's house for a while." He said. 


After all the fire trucks and the people left. You entered the gate of your house and looked at the destroyed house. This place was very memorable to you. It is where you grew up. This is you and your parents house. This is also one reason they have to leave Korea and opted to work overseas. To earn money and be able to send you to school and to be able to pay for the loans that they borrowed to build this house and now it was destroyed.
You saw some items that was left from your house that wasnt burnt. The golden piggy bank that your cousin gave you, your suitcase, and some others.
You got your mobile from your pocket and dialed your best friend's number.


"Sunmi ah, can I stay at your place for a while?" You said.
"Of course you can ~~ ah! " she said. "Thank you Sunmi ah!" You told her while sniffing and controlling yourself not to cry again.
"What happened? Are you alright? Do want me to come over?" Sunmi asked.
"No need Sunmi ah. I'll tell you everything when I get there." you said.

 

 

Sunmi's mother and younger sister greeted you when you arrived at her place, her mom baked her famous blueberry pie for you to eat, but then you didn't really have the appetite to eat it from what has happened today. You entered Sunmi's room and placed your things over there.

 

"Sunmi ah! You won't believe what just happened to me." You said.

"what happend?" she asked. "Our house got burned down!" you told her and was about to cry again.

Sunmi gave you a hug and told you that it's going to be alright.

"You can live here as long as you need to. I sure my mom would like that too." Sunmi said, you thanked your best friend and gave her a hug.

"That's what friends are for!" she said and smiled. "Alright. Let's start unpacking your things shall we?" Sunmi suggested.

 

While unpacking your things, Sunmi suddenly remembered about your parents.

 

"~~ ah, did you tell your parents about it already? Do they know what happend to the house?" Sunmi asked.

"Oh right! I haven't. I forgot to call them!" You recalled and grabbed your phone to dial their phone number overseas.

After one ring they immediately answered.

 

"Hello?" you heared a man's husky voice. It was your dad.

"Appa, its me ~~." you talked.

"Omo! ~~ what made you call?" your heard your dad's worried voice.

"Appa! Our house-" you were cut by another voice in the phone.

"Who's that?" you heared a female voice that seemed a bit distant to the phone.

"Yeobeo! Its our daughter!" Your dad shouted.

"What were you saying again? What about our house ~~ ah?" your dad asked.

"It got burned down appa!" you shouted while crying again.

"Omo! Our baby! Are you alright? Were you hurt? Where are you right now? Are you safe?" your mother bombarded you with questions.

"Neh, umma, appa. I am safe, I am at Sunmi's house right now. I am sorry Umma, appa. I came too late. I couldn't stop the fire." you apologized.

"Dont worry about that honey. What's important is that you weren't harmed." Your dad said.

"About the house, when our business here is more stable, we'll be able to come back and build a new house for you, princess." your dad added.

"Are you sure they wouldn't mind you staying at their home for awhile?" your dad asked.

"Yes, dad. She said I'm welcome to stay here as long as needed." you assured him.

"But still, your mom and I feel uneasy by just suddenly asking this huge favor from them." your dad told you.

"Appa, I don't think there are any other options though, without their help, i dont think i have anywhere else to go." you pointed out.

"I think there is someone else whom we could ask a favor and would gladly accept it." you heard your mom said through the phone.

"Honey, do you remember our dear friend Wonbin? We also used to live in his house remember? I heard he didn't have any family. He can take care of our baby girl right?" your mom told your dad.

"That's a good idea yeobeo. How come I didn't think about it?" Your dad agreed.

"~~ ah. Jot the address that I am going to tell you alright?" Your dad said.

 

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Hi guys!

How is the first chapter so far? Do you like it?

Sorry if I didn't include Topp Dogg in the first chapter but DO expect them in the next.

So who are your biases in Topp Dogg? Me? I like Hojoon, Nakta, Kidoh, Seogoong, Xero and B-Joo ^^

kekeke. Have a nice day everyone <3