#31

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai's eyes twinkled slightly as he gazed at the unconscious girl. Su Min's face radiated pure innocence while she occasionally furrowed her eyebrows in her sleep. He had never felt this way about a girl before. Even with Kahee, the feelings he experienced were definitely not on the same level. The man knew without a doubt that he would be willing to do anything in his capability for Su Min. Kai wasn't a fool, he could clearly tell that he had fallen hard for this girl.

Su Min let out a little whine while she tossed her head to the side. Kai's arm was supporting his head while he leaned sideways indulgently to avoid her sudden movement. Just then, the thought of Kahee possibly waiting alone for him at home struck him. The day spent with Su Min almost wiped away those negative thoughts from his head but now, they were starting to flow back. Unwelcome guilt coursed through his veins as Kai threw his head back on the pillow in frustration. Kahee had done him wrong but she was still pregnant after all. Would it be cruel of him to stay out the whole night? 

Sneaking another glance at Su Min, the man made up his mind. This was something he had to face sooner or later so why not make it now? Kai gently pulled up the covers warmly over the sleeping girl before making his way to the table.

 

My girl,

I had to make a trip home because I felt the need to have a discussion with Kahee. Avoiding her wouldn't get us any where. Sorry for leaving while you were still asleep, I'll be back soon. I love you so never forget that.

Jongin

 

The man silently left the flat, making sure to lock the main door securely behind him. It was 3am in the morning and the streets were completely devoid of activities. Thankfully, the public bus service to his apartment ran throughout the night and Kai quickly hopped on the vehicle. It wasn't long before he alighted right in front of the familiar granite building.

" Jongin? "

Kai froze at Kahee's delighted voice as he entered the hallway reluctantly. The girl was curled up on the leather couch with her arms wrapped tightly around her knees. The man noted with a faint hint of regret that her face was stained with dried tears.

" I'm so sorry! Jongin ah I really am. " 

Kahee swallowed deeply as the man she loved slowly approached her. " Kahee. I... "

" It was all my fault. I know that! Just please, Jongin. Give me a chance, give us a chance huh? "

" I really can't accept what you and Luhan did behind my back. "

The girl's shoulders sank while she starting sobbing. " Jongin... "

" You... you should move out when you can. "

Kahee halted as she choked back a cry. " A-are you chasing me out? "

" The reason why you were here in the first place was because of your pregnancy. " Kai willed himself to remain composed while he tried to fight back the impossible rage and fury. The man still burned with anger at the thought of her lie.

" I am your girlfriend! "

" Was. "

The girl shivered despondently while she shook her head vehemently from side to side. " You can't break up with me Jongin. What we had together, I will never be able to find another man who can give me that! "

" You should have thought about that before cheating with my friend. "

Kahee's lips trembled as she slowly lifted up her head to meet his cold eyes in defiance. " Don't act like this is all solely my fault. "

" Excuse me? "

" Do you honestly think I was oblivious to everything that was going on? "

" Kahee what are you- " 

" I saw the way you looked at Yoon Su Min. You have never ever looked at me that way before. "

The man stiffened with the mention of Su Min's name. Kahee had spat out her name so vehemently that it sounded poisonous, almost.

" Do you really love her Jongin? "

Kai studied his ex-girlfriend's face for a minute before exhaling deeply. " I'm sure you can tell that I do. "

" In what way is that better than me? " Kahee gasped out while wiping away her tears. " She is nothing! Nothing that- "

" Do not call Su Min that. " 

The girl frowned up in hurt at the man's tone. " You're defending her in front of me now? "

Kai remained absolutely silen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter