#28

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Su Min scurried out of school urgently once the school bell rang. She didn't want to face anyone at the moment. Sure, her puffy eyes from crying earlier garnered attention from her classmates but the girl simply lied that she was just tired. The hurt was still fresh in her mind; how the 3 of them reacted previously after finding out about her job in the club. Now wasn't the time to dwell about such matters, Su Min had to turn up at the yogurt shop for her shift. 

 

Kai punched the metal surface of his locker as he cursed loudly under his breath. The minute the principle had dismissed them with notice of further punishments, Kai had immediately stalked away from Luhan, Kahee and Ji Hyo. He knew that he wasn't going to be able to control himself if he stayed near his supposedly best friend any longer. Furthermore, Kahee was there. Kahee. Her name sent waves of disappointment and fury through his veins while Kai suppressed a growl. How could she have done something like that to him? He couldn't bear her presence at this moment. Kai wasn't one to lay his hands on girls. Besides, this was his girlfriend they were talking about. Ex-girlfriend; judging from the circumstances now. He didn't want to look at her guilty face. Of course, her agonized expression did managed to send shards of hurt into his heart but all that was canceled by the fact that she had indeed cheated on him with Luhan. 

The man snapped his head up wearily as his thoughts once again flashed back unconsciously to Su Min. It was always her. Regardless of all the that happened, Su Min still managed to enter his mind yet again. Her disappointed face as she tried to control her tears before running away made his heart ache terribly. Kai aimed a kick at the locker causing the whole frame to vibrate violently against his blow. How could he have said those words to her? Obviously none of that were genuine. He knew Su Min well enough to know that she wasn't that sort of girl. It was simply in a moment of anger when the man spat out those cruel words. More than anything, it was because of worry. Intense worry. Kai quivered with rage as he envisioned Su Min getting eyed by men with improper thoughts at the club. He could have strangled those men there and then for daring to even sneak a look at his girl. However, those sinful words had already been out. Su Min was probably enraged right now and the only thing the man could hope for was that she would give him another chance. Knowing Su Min, it wasn't going to be easy. That girl was the most stubborn person he had ever came across. Kai needed to make things right again. 

 

" Jongin. "

Luhan stood a certain distance behind the man while he contemplated on his words.

" Get out of my sight before I send you straight back to the nurse again. "

" Would you just listen- "

" We're no longer friends. Are we clear? " Kai snapped without sparing a glance at him. Luhan could only stand there helplessly as Kai turned arubtly in the opposite direction. 

He didn't regret his words though. The only thing he regretted was committing that mistake. Luhan knew for a fact that the lie wouldn't last no matter what Kahee said. It was a matter of time before everything became clear. To be honest, he hadn't planned on revealing the truth in this manner but what happened with Su Min simply ed everything up. The man's blood boiled at the thought of Kahee labeling Su Min as a . She wasn't like that. He may have been utterly disappointed in the girl for taking up the night job but nevertheless; Luhan realized that she would definitely have her own logical reasons. Su Min most likely had not heard about him and Kahee yet since she was nowhere to be found in school but the man dreaded having her detesting him as well. this, everyone leaves in the end anyway.

 

-

 

Fresh tears oozed out of the girl's already swollen eyes as she cleared the tables in the empty shop. Su Min knew that she shouldn't be wallowing in misery but she couldn't stop her emotions from spiraling out of control. Ji Hyo hadn't contacted her since. Was she going to lose the only friend she ever had? Su Min knew that the one thing Ji Hyo hated was having stuff kept from her but the reason why she had done what she did was purely because she didn't want Ji Hyo to worry. Why did everything that started with pure intentions crumble to pieces this way? It wasn't fair.

Kai's repulsed face hit the girl once more as she paused her cleaning mid-way. Su Min sank into the hard plastic chair as she rested her head against the wall. He was probably going to see her as a money loving now. All his feelings for her and every single word he had said were presumably no longer valid. 

The tinkling of the entrance bell brought the girl to her senses as she hurriedly straightened her uniform and stood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter