Chapter Five; Emergencies Within a Love Triangle

Merry-Go-Round

 

"Oppa...I'm scared...Where are they?" Eunhee stuttered as she looked up to Sungmin. He was still holding her tight. Keeping her in his safe arms. 

"Gwenchana, I'm here." he smile and looked deep into her eyes.

"Mmk," she snuggled 

-AT THE EXACT SAME TIME-

"YAH! EUNHEE AND SUNGMIN ARE STUCK IN THE ELEVATOR! LET'S GET HELP!"

"Did they sound the emergency alarm?" Minju asked, full of worry.

"Yeah, let's go check up on them, okay?" Mary grabbed a bottle of water and ran out towards the stairs. The rest followed behind her except Yesung and Shelly. Shelly was on the floor crying. 

"Is unni okay?" she asked Yesung.

"Yeah of course!! She's just stuck in the elevator. Sungmin is a strong guy, he'll keep her safe. Let's go check on them okay?"

"Arasseo, I'm eating Sungmin oppa if he made unnie cry." 

"Dnehh!" he took her tiny hand and lead her towards the stairs. 

Leeteuk raced down the fastest towards the front counter, "YAH! WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS FIXING THE ELEVATOR?!"

"BOH?!"

"THE STUCK ELEVATOR!" Leeteuk yelled with all his might.

"We didn't get an alarm!"

"AISHH! JINJJA!" Leeteuk jumped over the counter to take a look at the video camera's. His eyes scanned, Elevator 1...Nobody, Elevator 2...Nobody, Elevator 3...black...Eleva-BLACK?!?!?!?!

"SUNBAE!" IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE BLACK?!"

"A-anyieyo..." he stuttered and dialed a number.

"Dneh, can you check if elevator 3's power is down?...Aish There are two people in there...Super Junior's Sungmin...," he turned to Leeteuk for the second name.

Leeteuk whispered, "Eunhee."

He spoke into the phone again, "And a girl named Eunhee...Dneh, kansahamida." he ended the call and spoke to Leeteuk, "Their going to check, according to their monitors, the electric circuit was cut off."

"Omo." Minju teared.

"It's okay." Donghae soothes. He looked down and kissed her. She responded happily. Their lips were in motion. His arms cautiously slipped around her waist as she giggled when he her lips. Then an image of Kyuhyun showed up in her mind. She stopped the kiss and held Donghae's shoulders. She felt Kyuhyun's heavy stare on her. Her eyes wandered around and spotted Kyuhyun. He turned away to avoid her eyes. She looked back at Donghae and noticed the confused look on his face. 

"I don't think it's appropriate right now, Hae. Everyone's is worried and stressed about Sungmin and Eunhee...We shouldn't be...making out right now." she gave him a smile. 

Minju spotted a red-eyed Shelly running towards her. 

"Gwenchana?" she asked Shelly.

"Dneh, unni, I'm scared."

"Awwh, it's okay!" 

She gave Shelly a tight hug.

Mary was talking to Heechul oppa. They had a very strong oppa-dongsaeng relationship.

"Opppaaa...they're gonna fix this right?

"Of course! If they don't, I'm going to have to call Key!"

"Key?"

"Yeah, he's another singer. He's gotten stuck in an elevator, then it out. 

"Jinjja? How'd he get out?"

"He was stuck in the for a while, then he somehow managed to get out by himself!"

"Wah. Waaay cool."

Heechul nodded.

-BACK IN THE ELEVATOR-

Sungmin and Eunhee had sat down in a corner, and she'd fallen asleep on his lap. 

"SUNGMIN?" he heard an unfamiliar voice from the darkness. He ignored it.

"SUNGMIN? PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU HEAR THIS."

"Hi." he responded cooly.

"IS IT BLACK IN THERE?" the voice asked. He laid Eunhee's head to the side as he got up and followed the sound of the voice. He ended up at the elevator panel, where the flashing lights were. 

"We're going to get you out, but please cooperate!"

"OKAY! What do you need me to do?"

"Go to the very back of the elevator, we're going to cut a hole at the door because it won't budge open."

"DNEH!"

He woke Eunhee and explained everything to her. 

"Lay here okay?"

"WE'RE AT THE BACK!" Sungmin called out.

"GOT IT! BE CAREFUL THERE COULD BE PIECES OF METAL BARS DROPPING!" 

That got his attention. He covered her body by laying next to her. She was still half asleep. So he hugged her close, trying to keep anything that may hit her away from her body. Then they heard a rumbling noise. Sungmin told himslef nothing would happen/ He hugged her tighter when he heard more.

He looked ahead of him. A little piece of metal danced towards him before it came to a stop a couple centimeters away from his back. He wondered when it would be over, as he heard more clinks. He looked down at Eunhee blinking in confusion. Then he felt a sharp pain in his back. He twitched and a tear of pain leaked out of his eye.

"Yeobbo...Gwenchana?" Eunhee saw Sungmin's pained face.

"Gwenchana..." he tried to smile.

"Why is it so noisy?"

"They're cutting a hole in the door."

"Oh...I see" she looked around. Seeing pieces of metal flying around occasionally made her worried. 

"Sungmin, be careful. There are metal flying around." she yawned.

"I know. That's why I'm here." he smiled proudly, forgetting the pain.

"Protect yourself! I'm a strong girl."

"ANYI!"

"I'll be very mad if you get hurt arasseo?"

"Ahh...Arasseo." he said convincingly. Then she snuggled in his arm as another piece of metal hit him. He thought, I'll endure it for Eunhee, but when will this end?

-IN THE FRONT LOBBY-

Minju was sitting on a bench, not knowing what she could do for Sungmin and Eunhee. Suddenly, Kyuhyun popped into her mind. An instant rush of guilt ran through her. She kind of liked that guy. He was sweet. I need to talk to him. We need to clear up the misunderstanding between us. She got up and looked around to see if Kyuhyun was anywhere near. She walked into the hallway and found Kyuhyun pacing back and forth. She ran towards him and grabbed his arm. Kyuhyun turned around with an surprised look on his face.

"Oppa! ANYEONG!" Minju said cheerfully, trying to break the mood.

"Anyeong! What brings you here?"

"I feel like there's a misunderstanding between us two."

"Dneh?"

"To be honest, If Donghae oppa hadn't confessed before you, I would've been with you. It's just...Donghae oppa confessed before you did."

Damn, I knew I should have confessed earlier. 

"Oppa, I really hope you find another girl. You're so full of aegyo, I bet you, you'll find a girl in no time." Minju tried.

"Anyi..." Kyuhyun decided not to let her know.. I only want you.....

"That might hurt." she insisted. 

Kyuhyun stayed silent. This girl is so irresistible.

"Oppa, I really want us to be friends........." Kyuhyun was gazing into her eyes. Minju was so mesmerized by his eyes, she gazed back

Kyuhyun lost control of himself and leaned forward. His lips touched hers. She responded the kiss after a moment of shock, and leaned back onto the wall behind her. Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around her thin waist and her lips. Minju forgot about everything. Donghae. Sungmin. Eunhee. Kyuhyun then parted her lips and kissed her. Minju slowly moved her arms along Kyuhyun's collarbone and wrapped her arms around his neck. Their lips moved together. Both not knowing what has happened. They were still making out, when Kyuhyun realized what he's done and stiffens. Minju feels the tension grow between them and notices what she had just done too. Kyuhyun pushes away from the wall and looks at Minju for a quick moment, then runs down the hallway and out the two front doors.

Minju sits down on the ground. What have I just done? How could I lose control of myself? I should feel ashamed of myself! AISH! 

Kyuhyun slows down to a walk and puts his shades on, for disguise. I can't believe I did that. I shouldn't have done that. But I couldn't get a hold of myself.....her lips were so soft. Kyuhyun could still smell the sweet apple smell of Minju's lips on his. He replayed the scene in his mind. I need to go apologize.....but how?

-BACK IN THE HALLWAY-

Minju felt the need to go and tell Donghae. He was her boyfriend. She needed to get this off her chest. Right when she was thinking about him, he walked over to her. 

"Minju-ah, granite floors tend to be cold. Why are you sitting on the ground?"

Minju stayed silent. Donghae took both her hands and pulled her up. He led her to the bench nearby, and sat both of them down. He put his arm around her neck and pulled her in, so her head was resting on his shoulder. 

I need to tell him. "Donghae-ah...." she trailed off and looked up at him

"Dneh? he looked into her eyes and noticed something was bothering her.

"10 minutes ago, I went up to Kyuhyun oppa and tried to clear up the misunderstanding between us. But when I stopped talking, Kyuhyun oppa looked at me for a long time, then leaned in and kissed me...." she paused, then continued. "I was so shocked, I didn't know what to do. But I gave in. He was so passionate. But by that time, I lost control too. I forgot everything. Donghae, mihanae, jjungmal mihanae." she looked up at him, expecting him to turn furious. But instead, saw a very confused look on his face.

"BWOH?! DONGSAENG LIKES YOU TOO?!" Donghae was shocked, both by the kiss, and by the fact that his dongsaeng liked his girlfriend too. 

Minju nodded. 

Ahh, so that's why Kyuhyun was tossing and turning the other night.

"It's all good! I'm glad you told me the truth...but you have to promise, to never lie to me. Ever. Arasseo?" he was proud of MInju, for building up the guts to tell him everything that happened. I can't lose Minju, she's too precious.

"Arasseo..." Minju answered.

Minju didn't expect this to be the conclusion. Donghae pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead. He intertwined his fingers with hers and walked towards the front lobby with her. He looked at her with a huge smile on his face.

"Saranghae..." he whispered, then tapped her nose. 

"S-saranghae." she whispered back, then squeezed his hand.