07 No Longer

Bittersweet Capture

Miyoung was not sure if everything that happened after she seemed to have passed out was a actually a dream or not.

She could feel a pair of strong, sturdy arms lift her from the ground while her head rest against its owner. Someone was there; someone made her feel safe. Not to mention, the memory of their touch seemed to feel like untouched, brand-new silk.

How pleasant.

She was not aware of how long it had been when her eyes finally fluttered open, but she was able to easily deduct that it had not been that long.

The moment her eyes opened and adjusted to the light, she found the back of a man, pulling off his shirt that was completely drenched from the bucket of water that she had tossed.

This had to be Lu Han.

“...Where am I…?” she tried to sit up, but her body seemed to feel much more tired than she originally thought.

“My room,” was the short, straight-to-the-point answer.

Miyoung was a bit surprised by the reply since Lu Han was known for keeping people out of places that were personal to him. He was, of course, afraid of people who take advantage of him.

Now, she was alone with such a boy.

Though others may not see it, she knew she was in another insane situation; it should not be happening with Lu Han. His phobia of people was too extreme.

“Did you really have to splash me with all of this water?” Lu Han complained, his back still facing you, “Were you trying to get me sick?”

Her eyes never left the ceiling as she just laughed practically lifelessly, “Is that really what you think? Ever since I’ve known you in school, you’ve always kept this personality. Even now, you’re still like this? I feel sorry for you.”

Her voice trailed off when she saw Lu Han did the unexpected.

With water still dripping from his hair and his shirt off, the boy moved significantly closer to her. He hovered over her body, his face inches from hers, staring intensely into her eyes.

“…What?” her voice quiet, unnoticeably shaking due to nervousness as her heartbeat picked up again for another reason.

Another moment passed by before Lu Han finally pulled away, slipping on a new, dry shirt before sitting on the edge of her bed, “Seems like I still can’t remember you… but don’t take it personally. No one around me is considered a friend except for Daehyun, Sehun, and perhaps, my parents.”

“Even so, how could you immediately assume the worst?” Miyoung asked, her voice growing warmer in Lu Han’s ears, “All I wanted to hear was something short like ‘take care’. That was it.”

She pulled up his covers a bit, a saddened expression beginning to form, but was erased the moment she heard Lu Han finally say those words she had wanted to hear from the start, “…I see. I’m sorry.”

Though it may have seemed to be insignificant to Lu Han, those three words allowed Miyoung to feel all the relief in the word. Lu Han had turned around, his back facing her.

Had he always seemed so lonely?

The vengeful spirit she felt for Lu Han dissipated instantaneously and the first sincere smile she wore in front of the boy appeared.

He must have.

Suddenly, all the work and labor she provided for the boys seemed to be worth it. Everything she had done now seemed to have some deeper meaning. Miyoung knew that Lu Han had begun to open up to her if he had done such unexpected things to her: letting her into his room, trying to recall who she was, and apologizing to her.

He had changed.

Lu Han’s eyes found Miyoung’s once more, her smile being etched in his mind and heart almost immediately. It was like an angel had been born; he had never taken notice in her ever since her arrival. She, on the other hand, only felt complete relief.

Her eyelids finally fluttered closed once more and fatigue claimed her causing her to fall asleep.

Through the bed sheet, she could feel the heat radiating from Lu Han’s body. The warmth reminded her that the boy was also human, and all humans made mistakes.

The shaping of his personality was not his fault, and it almost seemed like his ice-cold heart was finally melting away.

Lu Han was not so bad after all.