03 Too Far?

Bittersweet Capture

“Hyung is really going overboard this time, isn’t he?” Sehun appeared beside Daehyun, shaking his head in a bit of disapproval, “This… this is a bit too much.”

Daehyun chuckled a bit, “It’s because of that girl. She has the same personality as him, and that’s making him do all of these insane things. Don’t you find it entertaining?”

“But Daehyun hyung…” Sehun muttered a bit uncertainly, “…Lu Han hyung put her in his basement cell.”

As Daehyun and Sehun turned their attention upon their seemingly insane friend, they found him grinning, crossing his arms at what he had done, satisfied, “This suits you, agasshi.”

“You… You demon!” Miyoung shouted furiously, grabbing onto the prison cell bars, “Yah! Lu Han! You better let me out of here now, or you’ll regret it for the rest of your life!”

Lu Han scoffed, “Yeah, like that will happen! If I let you out, then you might go and steal from me. I’m not risking that! I’m not that stupid.”

Sehun and Daehyun stared at the sight in front of them, feeling a bit sorrier for Miyoung than Lu Han. Unlike him, the other two actually trusted people a bit more than him.

Unknown to Miyoung, Lu Han had encountered a lot more people who tried to take advantage of him, so it has conditioned him to become very untrusting towards others, even those in his immediate family with the exception of his friends, Sehun and Daehyun. The three of them had grown up together as inseparable best friends.

“What do you think of me as?” Miyoung stated under her breath, trying to control her temper, “This is absurd! I have enough dignity that I would never steal from anyone.”

However, her words did not reach him. It never did in the past, and it still didn’t. She watched him just gave her one last stare before exiting the room, leaving her behind in quite a conundrum.

This was an incredibly bizarre situation she was in, being locked up by Lu Han, and she was starting to wonder if coming here for revenge was a good idea after all. She, in comparison to him, was powerless.

“Hm…” Daehyun chuckled as he came up to the poor trapped girl behind bars, “…Lu Han is quite harsh, isn’t he?”

Miyoung rolled her eyes, “Oh really? What gave you that idea? Was it the fact that I’m behind bars? Or was it the fact that he literally kicked me earlier?”

Sehun dropped down to Miyoung’s eye-level, giving her a warm smile while extending his hand with a small greeting, “The name’s Sehun. That’s Daehyun.”

He was known for being the most gentle of the trio and the most kind after all. However, Miyoung just glanced at his hand and then back at him with a questioning look. After being treated so harshly by Lu Han, she could not bring herself to believe that these two boys would be so nice to her either.

“Let me out,” her eyes were almost visibly burning with annoyance, “You two. Tell you friend that he is overdoing this way too much. I know he has trust issues but this is insane!”

Daehyun just simply chuckled, his voice ringing in the air, before he reached forward between the bars, lifting your chin to tilt your face towards him, “Forget about him. Why don’t you choose me as your marriage partner? I’ve got money, I’ve got the looks, and I don’t lose to Lu Han. Besides, you interest me.”

Honestly, Miyoung was surprised to hear something come from Daehyun. She would have never suspected him to be the one to get close to her; she didn’t expect any of them to want to get close to her.

“…Daehyun?” her expression almost changed completely from the irritated look she had when Lu Han was present, “You… like me? I don’t know what to say.”

Daehyun grinned, “I knew it. You’re just getting close to us because you want money – because it doesn’t matter who you marry to get in a rich family like ours – “

“…Is that what you thought I was going to say?” Miyoung suddenly interrupted the boy, her eyes revealing all seriousness in her words, “To say that I would choose you – or Sehun – because Lu Han is more difficult? Don’t with me.”

Daehyun’s eyes widened at her foul language and 180-degree change in behavior, “What?”

“Just so you know,” Miyoung’s eyes narrowed at Daehyun, “I only intend to choose Lu Han. He’s the only one that is on my mind, so there’s absolutely no need to try and talk me out of it.”

Sehun, standing beside his hyung, couldn’t help but burst into laughter. He had never expected his hyung to get rejected so easily. With a face like his, women were practically falling at his feet and every demand wherever he went. This Miyoung girl in front of him was definitely different; Daehyun was right – she was entertaining.

“Hyung,” Sehun patted Daehyun’s shoulder, “I don’t think Miyoung’s like the ninety-nine brides Lu Han has had here.”

Daehyun laughed as well, but with a bit of annoyance, “Yeah, well. If she wants to be this way, then let me offer a consolation prize for you.”

Miyoung blinked, “…Consolation?”

Before she knew, the boys had brought her a new set of clothes. To be more accurate, it was a set of worn-out, old clothes.

“Pretty clothes like the ones you’re wearing will get dirty when you clean, right?”