Chapter 3

Otra Vez

Chapter 3 
 


If someone were to tell him he was going to play around with a child, patiently tending to their needs without actually getting something in return, he would have laughed on their face. It was the truth, considering the type of person he was before. He was the typical rich boy, with parents too busy to even care about him. What can he say? His parents gave birth to their businesses first so as the first child, business came first. How they even managed to spend time enough just to have him, the second child; still pondered him sometimes.



As he grew up, he was provided with the best education, the best people to take care of him, the best of everything. But still, something, somewhere deep inside his heart, is empty. And as typical as rich kids can be, he admitted that he was rebellious. He got into trouble a lot, sometimes even purposely, just to see his parents' reaction, up to no avail. His parents would have just bailed him out, scold him a bit and then continue their lives being themselves as if nothing happened. Hell, he could have bombs assembled right under their noses but they still couldn't care less.



He was smoking at a bus stop when he met Hyuna. It was pure coincidence, his meeting with her. 



"You know, you should quit smoking"
 


It was her first sentence as she sat beside him. He does not know how to react to that. So he done what he does best. Agitate people, shoving them away from his life.
 


"None of your business. It's not like quitting will put an end to my ed up life"


"It doesn't. But continuing doesn't either"
 


She said and pulled the cigarette out of his mouth which made him glared at her, already pissed off. The brunette in front of him just rolled her eyes, didn't seem to be intimidated by him. That, made him a bit surprised.
 


"Judging from your rainbow coloured hair and your mind-you attitude, you must be one of those spoiled rich brats"

"And who are you again?"

"Nobody. But you remind me of someone who turned out to be a stupid jerk. Seoul doesn't need another jerk in the making, don't you think?"



Ouch. He knew by now, he would be mad and throw a fit or something, he should be. Instead he stole a glance at the brunette who was so busy babbling random words at a stranger just a second ago, to meet a sight he didn't expect. She just rolled into a ball beside him and sobbing so gently if he wasn't so close to her, he would've not hear it. Over 99.9 percent of the average normal people would have widen their distance and try to flee quietly. He guessed he was included on the rest 0.1 percent as he leaned in and sniffed her scent. Beer. Well, at least she's not dead drunk as she can still cry at this state and complaining about this Seoul jerk he didn't even know. Pfft. Typical couple break up. Ignorance is the best policy. Despite that, he didn't shove her away and let her complain. Maybe he pitied her. A little bit.


 

"Why do you look so much like that jerk?" 

 


She muttered the words almost like a whisper right before collapsing on his lap. Damn, this woman. 

 



Hyuna opened her eyes slowly as her head ached to an utterly foreign surroundings. Turquoise room with large white bed. Definitely not her apartment. She gasped as she grasped the blanket covering her body, peeking underneath it.
 


"I haven't done anything to you last night so don't worry"
 


The brunette was startled when a rainbow haired guy walked into the room grabbing a baseball jacket from the wardrobe. He glanced back at her, throwing a set of keys on the bed. 
 


"Take the advil on the kitchen counter. Lock up when you leave and put the keys under the doormat. Chiao!"

"Ww...wait! I don't even know your..."



Hyuna tried to get up from the bed, but her throbbing headache proved itself to be a pain in the when it shouldn't. She lost her balance as her feet got entangled in the blanket and fell down on the floor as the front door slammed shut, making her groan in embarassment. 

 



He has not expected this. What kind of monstrosity is this? Wait, did he entered the wrong apartment? He abruptly went out to check the number on his door again. 507. It is his apartment. 
 


"You're home already?" 



A small, feminine voice coming from his back startled him. He coughed a little to hide his blush, but was every bit surprised when the very girl he carried home drunk last night was standing before him, smiling before she proceeded to enter his apartment carrying two bags, no, more like two sacks of things in it. He stared skeptically at her as she went past him towards the kitchen before he went after her, grabbing both the sack and placed it on the counter. She smiled again at him, with a grateful expression.
 


"Thank you"

"Why are you still here?"



The brunette paused. She hesitated for a second, gathering her thoughts before answering.



"Well...you're rushing out earlier without giving me a chance to say thank you. So I thought I'll help you a little"



She explained gently, her eyes flickered to the handsome face in front of her every once in a while, carefully trying to read his expression. She threw a small smile at him, trying to live up the awkward atmosphere.
 


"Well, do whatever you want to do, and leave"



He said his part and went to his room, ignoring the already startled girl being the brat that he is. Lying on his bed, he his Ipod. Once in a while, he heard the clanking sound of pots being moved about and turned up the volume in an attempt to draw the sounds out until his heavy eyes took control. He woke up to a nice dinner and a determination to not seeing her again.
 


Hyuna was not the submissive one either being her cheerful yet demanding self. The more people try to shut her out, the harder she would try and win that person over. Sehun still remembered how she insisted to be his friend, bringing some food to him every single day with the bright smile that never seemed to falter, as if she never knew sadness in her life, making him every bit confused if this was the very same girl who cried beside him that night she was drunk. Sehun may seem emotionless and heartless on the outside, but there is this side of him that jumps in excitement whenever that particular girl was beside him even if he had to hear her constant whining. It made him felt important and belonged, like a home to go back to when he was tired at the end of the day. Just that thought never failed to bring smile to his face.



"Hello, earth to Sehun. What's with the smile?"



All of his memories of his time with her vanished with that small voice. Hyuna waved both of her hands in front of the taller guy seeking for attention. Seeing the much confused Hyuna, a small blush crept up to his cheeks, embarassed of his sudden trip down the memory lane earlier.
 


"Are you done with that? Let me wash it"

"Why are you blushing? Having a dirty flash?"



Hugging the sandwich plate tighter towards herself, she leaned forward and smile teasingly at the already flabbergasted man. Her smile made Sehun even more panicked, he started to stutter. 
 


"A...ani. I was just thinking about...about a new flavour I was developing. Yes, I was just imagining how fun it is to see the customers reaction when they tried it later"



Hyuna raised her eyebrow, totally not buying the excuse but decided to let it go. She nudged Sehun's waist and squeezed herself beside him, beginning to dry the dishes. They began washing and drying the dishes in silence, until a question from the man caught her off guard.



"When are you telling Luna about it?"

"About what?"

"Oh, come on now. You know what am I talking about" 

 


She let his words sink in, her vision flickered to the little girl who was busy colouring her book. Luna caught her glance, smiling sweetly and waved her little hand at her. When did she grew up this big? She exhaled sharply after a deep thinking.



"When she's ready"

 

 


"Higher, Lu! Higher"
 


Luhan pushed the swing higher obeying the little girl whose giggling got a pitch higher each time the swing got faster. He distanced himself a little bit from the swing to watch her in adoration, laughing loudly and seal-clapping as excitation surged through him. It felt good to have a friend, one that would not make fun of him, one that would not scrutinize his every action, one who would always be there. He would do anything to make his new friend stay. 



"Ey, don't lie. Children don't get married"
 


Luna scrunched up her face in disbelief while Luhan just shook his head vigorously in an attempt to convince her.
 


"But it's true. My mother told me so. Though I don't feel good about it"

"Do you love her?"

"Love?"

"Uh-huh. People get married because they are in love. That's what my mommy told me when I ask her"

"Oh? Really? I haven't thought about it before"

"So you have to ask her if she loves you or not! Aigoo...did I also have to teach you this?"

 


She smacked her own head in frustration while Luhan lights up at her words.



"Yeah, why don't I think of that before? You are so clever, Luna"
 


They giggled together before suddenly Luna released a sharp gasp. She pulled Luhan's left hand towards her to glance at his wristwatch and gasped again.
 


"I have to go"
 


Luhan whined.
 


"So soon?"

"It's late. Mommy wouldn't like it if I get home so late"

 


Pouting, he looked at the little girl with sad puppy eyes. Luna began to walk the opposite way.
 

"Will we get to see each other again?"



Luna turned her head back to face Luhan, a small smile plastered over her adorable face.
 


"If we are meant together"