Fandango

Geek In The Pink

Taeyeon was swarming with cash and pretty soon, she found herself working on some new material. She was just so inspired by the seemingly unlimited support that people had been giving her. Though singing wasn’t her passion, because of the money, fame and success that it was bringing her, Taeyeon grew to love it and the entertainment industry as well. Everyday was a happy day for her and even though she saw her potential rival G.Na everyday and even though she often logged on to Twitter just to check on Leeteuk and laugh at his misery, she felt numb and high. Her success was indescribable and her level was high for a rookie. She was a sleeper hit, as you would call it. Nobody-not even herself nor Onew-really expected that she would be this big and now that she was, they just ate their words with gusto. Taeyeon was surely having the last laugh.

Onew was told by Taeyeon that she had their old house renovated and redesigned and the supportive friend that he was, he agreed to visit their old house and see how it looked today.

“You are really making me curious. I want to see what our house looks like now.” Onew said on the other line. He was talking to Taeyeon on the phone while she was tweeting about how great her day had been.

“When you come, you wouldn’t want to leave!” Taeyeon bragged. “I got some drinks, if you want to stay longer!”

“I would love to stay longer.”

“And I also have something to tell you! You are so gonna wanna come!” Taeyeon but he remained calm and collected as he always was.

“Yeah, yeah. I know. I’m gonna talk to you later, I’m driving. See ya!”

“Okay! I’ll be expecting you!” Taeyeon hung up and continued tweeting.

Ever since she became famous, men famous and annonymous alike had started noticing her and one of them was Daniel. Daniel, if you remember was her dance teacher back when she was a trainee and seeing her on TV and everywhere else made Daniel really proud of her and himself. He was proud to be a part of her life. One night, the two met up at a park and things got a bit…sweet. Taeyeon was really flattered with all the attention that she had been receiving and she just had to tweet it to show off. Show off and make Leeteuk feel jealous that all the guys were after her and he could easily be replaced while he was still sitting alone in his room with neither G.Na nor Eun hye saying yes to him. Taeyeon could only laugh and tweet. Tweeting now was fun!

A few minutes before 5 pm, the doorbell rang and Taeyeon dropped everything she was doing and jumped out of bed like a high schooler and got the door. Sure enough it was Onew and he was nice enough to bring some dimsum and chips.

“Dimsum and chips? What a great combination!” Taeyeon laughed. Onew shook his head and eyed the house. Everything from the ceiling to the furniture was new and pink. Onew didn’t find this distubring at all because he knew how much Taeyeon loved that color.

“I wonder what became of my room?”Onew and Taeyeon went up the stairs and Taeyeon led him to the place where his room used to be. “Did you like make it a second bedroom of pink and ?”

“See for yourself!”Taeyeon opened the door and revealed the second floor guest room. It had a plasma TV, comfortable couches, and a popcorn and bubble gum machine. “The comfiest place in the house was your room!” A worried and sad look came upon Onew’s face, a face of longing for his old room.

“This room may not be my room now but it was. It was. What is all this girly ?” he asked roaming around the room and touching the walls dramatically. He saw the popcorn and bubblegum machines and asked,

“What are these? Why are there food machines in my room?!”

“Onew, you have to move on and forget about the past. This is the lounge room now!”

“Well, it is kinda pretty.” Onew complimented.

“Of course it is. It’s pink!” Taeyeon walked over to the popcorn machine. “Popcorn?”

“No. I’d rather eat the food I brought.” Taeyeon shrugged and walked over to the bubblegum machine and popped herself a ball of gum. Onew brought the food upstairs and together they ate on the sofa.

“So what were you going to tell me?” he asked.

“Well there’s this guy that I met when I was a trainee. He was my dance teacher and his name is Daniel. He’s been texting me a lot lately and I think he’s into me and all.”

“Oh no! Don’t tell me you’re falling for a sweet-talker!” Onew grunted while eating the potstickers with his hands.

“I’m not…” Taeyeon stopped and blushed. “Well I’ve been kinda giddy for him ever since he started teaching me how to dance and we’ve been keeping in touch for quite some time and he asked me out on a date.”

“He asked you out on a date?”

“Yeah just a few days ago. And I’m not sure if I should accept it or not.”

“Well it’s all up to you if you want to accept him. It’s your call and it’s your guy. But just a word of advice from a friend, don’t fall too easily. Or don’t use him as your rebound guy.”

“He isn’t my rebound guy! I really love Daniel!” The truth was, Daniel was her rebound guy and she really loved Leeteuk.

“You may think that it’s love you’re feeling but it isn’t.” he said wisely. “It’s just infatuation. You like Daniel cause he’s handsome and nice but I don’t think you love him that much. That you’d do anything for him.”

“I do! I really do!” she insisted.

“Well that date is up to you.” Onew said.

“I’m accepting it!” Taeyeon gave Daniel a call in front of Onew and when Daniel picked the phone up, a pleasant surprise greeted him.

“Daniel, I accept your date…Saturday? Oh sure! I’m free on Saturday! I’ll see you!” Taeyeon pretended to act all giddy and excited for Saturday whereas all she wanted was to make Leeteuk jealous.

“If this is another one of your silly attempts to get Leeteuk’s attention, let me tell you, it’s making you look so desperate.” Onew said. Taeyeon was taken aback.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes. You look so pathetic, honestly, acting all desperate and crushing on all these guys that you’ve been telling me about. Didn’t it ever cross your mind that ever sicne you got famous they started calling you whereas when you were totally unknown nobody paid attention to you? Taeyeon, just because a guy shows you a little bit of affection doesn’t mean you have to date him or be with him. That doesn’t make him the one. Sometimes guys are just after a little bit of fun.”

“You know so much. Were you like that?” Taeyeon jokingly asked.

“No. I’m just saying. I know because I’m a guy and I’ve dealt with guys like that.” Onew said. Taeyeon smirked at him.

“I’m texting Daniel.” she reached for her phone and texted Daniel, telling him that she was going to cancel the date and that she had no time because of her schedule. “Let’s just work on some new material, shall we? We go out on a writing date!”

“That,” Onew pointed while eating his chow mein. “I like!” He and Taeyeon spent time talking and watching TV over Chinese food and junk food.

After a few drinks and more food, Onew decided to say goodbye and call it a night. He left and reminded Taeyeon about their Saturday work date.

“Yep! I’ll put that on my calendar! See you Jin Ki!!!!” Taeyeon waved goodbye at her friend/manager who drove away on his PT Cruiser, drove all the way home. Taeyeon closed the door and once she was alone again, the loneliness came back. She walked over to her pink bar and poured herself another glass of martini.

Well it’s safe to say that I have everything now. I have the money, I’m famous, my career’s back on track that and more. But why am I so lonely? Why do I feel like nobody cares for me. Sure, fans adore me but that’s about all their love could give. Nothing more than just screaming and asking for autographs and stalking me on Twitter or in person. It’s not that. That’s not the kind of love I’m after. I need care. For the first time I think I can say that I need someone. I’ve never needed anyone in my life. I need someone. I still need Leeteuk.

Taeyeon shook her sleepiness off and finished the martini down to its last drop. She ran a hand through her beautiful, chesnut colored, curled hair and sighed. Taeyeon took the glass and the wine bottle to her room and continued to drink there until she was too drunk and fell asleep. She fell asleep with the wine glass in her hand like a wasted young starlet.

The next morning, Taeyeon woke up slowly and saw that her wine bottle and wine glass were next to her.

Oh my God! Where was I last night?! she looked at her alarm clock and saw that it was already 9:00 am. She was drunk again and she knew she had a salon appointment for the clothing line CF that she was going to film this afternoon. Taeyeon hurried to check her phone and see what time that appointment was.


“Oh my appointment’s at 9:30 am!” Taeyeon dashed to the bathroom and did her usual rush shower and rush dressing up since it was only the salon she was headed to. Taeyeon was really boss when it came to cramming and rushing so being the boss that she was, she dashed out of the house without any belongings-AT ALL and got in her car. The only things that she brought were her car keys and her phone. No bags. No nothing. She was driving shotgun down the road and nearly passed the salon.

“Dammit! Almost missed!” Taeyeon pulled over and parked in front of the salon. She got down and ran inside with hair half-dry.

“Good morning! I’m here for my treatment.” The stylist led Taeyeon to her seat and began to straighten the hair that was curled not so long ago. The process was long and boring so Taeyeon closed her eyes to sleep for a while. That while turned out to be a long one as the process was already done when Taeyeon woke up. She just realized that her once wavy hair was now straight. The stylist was already finishing up her hair and keeping the instruments that were used to style when Taeyeon made a shocking discovery.

Where is it? she felt her jean pockets and reached into them. Where the is it? Oh my God! Don’t tell me…Don’t tell me I left my wallet at home! Oh !

Taeyeon panicked when she found out that her wallet was at home. She brought with her only her car keys and her phone. The young star didn’t know what to do and what was more embarrassing than not bringing your wallet was that everyone in the salon knew who she was and were looking at her, trying to see how much money she would spend on a hair treatment. She knew that her image would be ruined if they found out that she didn’t have her wallet would her and it would make tabloid news.

I can already see it. “KIM TAEYEON: SALON WALLET WOES”. That would be a good title for this tabloid item.

Out of desperation, Taeyeon called her stylist and whispered her problem to her. The stylist arched her eyebrow and replied,

“Whether you’re famous or not, a frequent comer or a first timer, we do our job and that is to deliver you the best hair service there is. Now, we may give discounts and all but we never style for free, especially if the reason is a stupid as forgetting your wallet at home. We deserve credit for our hard work, you know. Besides, it’s not our fault that you irresponsibly left it at home. I thought you’d be more responsible.” The stylist said it out loud for the others to hear and pretty soon, Taeyeon was at the center of attention, the topic of all whispers and gossips. She got tongues wagging for a bad reason again.

The cycle never ends.

“Please…can you give it to me for free…please. I come here often. I’m a good friend of Jennifer’s. Please. Just now. I’ll pay you double next time.”

“Sorry but we do not accept pompous requests as such.” Taeyeon sighed and was teary eyed in desperation. She began to think of another plan.

Think, Taeyeon, think. Escaping would make me look like a criminal. Borrowing money from another customer would make me look poor and all the more desperate. Wait. I have my phone. I can call Onew!

With this plan, she took a deep breath and called her best manager friend up. Onew, who was on his way to work from Starbucks, picked his phone up before he could even get into the car.

“Jin Ki, this is Taeyeon. Listen, I’m in a very bad, desperate, and all too embarrassing situation right now.” she said in a fast paced manner with a low voice.

“What’s wrong? Where are you? Are you at work?”

“This is gonna sound incredibly stupid and I know you’re gonna scold me with your endless sermons again but I’m here at a salon and I just got my hair treated and I have to pay but the thing is, I left my wallet at home and I want you to please come here and…” Though Onew had been her friend for years, it was still a struggle for her to ask him to do her a favor.

“What? What do you want me to come for?”

“Can you please come and pay for my treatment. Please? I’m really, really desperate. I don’t know what to do right now and the treatment’s already been done. I even asked them to give it to me for free just this once-”

“You couldn’t get any stupider and more desperate now can’t you?” Onew sighed and grunted but agreed later on. “Fine, I’m coming over to pay for your hair treatment but this is the first and last time.”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you Onew! Thank you so much!”

“Save the drama for next time, Taengoo.” he said as he entered the car and made his way to the salon. He knew the salon that she was in. It was the only salon that she’d visit. Taeyeon was now able to breathe a breath of relief and said confidently to the stylist,


“My manager’s coming in a minute and he’s gonna pay for my hair treatment.” she looked the stylist in the eyes and winked. The stylist sighed and shook her head at her stupidity.

Onew arrived in the nick of time and entered. Taeyeon ran to him and placed an arm around his shoulder, leading him to the stylist that did her hair. She introduced him to her which was awkward for both parties.

“He’s my manager and he’s gonna pay for my treatment!” The stylist arched her eyebrow and waited for his money. Onew sighed and grunted repeatedly at the embarrassing situation that Taeyeon put him and herself. He fished out the cash and handed it to the stylist.

“Keep the change. Sorry for the trouble.” The stylist took the money and turned her back on them. Taeyeon and Onew walked out of the salon with stares from the other customers following them. Upon exiting, that was when their argument started.

“What in hell’s name were you thinking when you came to get your hair done when you knew you had no money?!” Onew scolded her.

“I knew it was gonna come to this! Have you ever heard of rushing? Hurrying? Trying to move in a fast paced manner?”

“I have. But have you heard of the words preparedness? Organization? Thinking a hundred, thousand times over before doing something?”

“What is the matter with you? Why are you always so angry with me and talking like every single thing I do is wrong?” Taeyeon asked.

“How can I not be angry with you?! You are so dependent on me! You call me each time you need help!”

“Well isn’t that what you’re supposed to be? A friend? Someone you can count on when you’re in trouble?”

“Yes, I am someone you can count on. But you can’t keep on relying on me to save the day for you! You gotta do yourself, too. Who do you think I am? Superman?!”

“I don’t need your help! You don’t benefit me in any way! If I‘m not mistaken you‘re trying to bring me down with your poor managerial skills!” This really hit the spot and it made Onew really, really angry but being the young professional he was, he kept his cool though he was fuming mad. He let his anger out in a semi-subtle way.


“It’s the other way around, honey. It’s me who doesn’t benefit from you! I got you a job when your old boss fired you. I provided the instrument sheet that would give life to your song and without it your song would be nothing but a poem. I scheduled your music video shooting and arranged your Music Bank performance that defined and skyrocketed your career. I got you a financial adviser to take care of your money and make sure you spend well! And lastly, just a few minutes ago, I saved you from further embarrassment by embarrassing myself as well. I paid for your hair treatment because you made the stupid mistake of leaving your wallet at home! You defamed not just me but yourself, too!” Onew was out of breath as he had raised his voice on Taeyeon. Taeyeon was just standing there, staring at him with shocked eyes. She couldn’t believe that her very best friend, one that she had known for years, was yelling at her in public. “And then you’re telling me that you don’t benefit from me? After all I’ve done, tell me. Tell me Kim Taeyeon, what did I get in return?” Taeyeon shook her head slowly not being able to reply.

“I can’t believe you’re talking to me like this.” her voice shook like she was about to cry.

“It’s high time that I talk to you like this. We’ve not talked seriously in a while and you haven’t been taking my presence seriously, either. I’ve always been there for you and I never gave up on you no matter what happened and you accuse me, tell me that I’m not benefiting you and that I’m only trying to bring you down? How dare you!”

“Onew…” Taeyeon tried to speak but Onew didn’t let her finish.

“See that’s the problem with you. You’re all too obsessed with the first person.” Taeyeon sighed and felt the tears coming as she came to realize that he was right. All she thought of was herself and she didn’t even consider Onew’s feelings. “All you think about is yourself. That’s why your relationships with people suffer all the time. You’re nothing but a selfish, self-centered, self-abosbed, conceited, airy !” Those words stabbed Taeyeon right in the heart.

“Y-you? You just called me a .” Taeyeon was close to crying but she pulled herself together and sniffed, trying her hardest to hold the tears back though it really hurt her. If other people called her a , it wouldn’t matter to her but this was no ordinary person. This wasn’t just any regular fool. He was her fool. Her best friend. Her manager, Lee Jin Ki.

“Well I guess I just did!” Onew said in the same airy, sarcastic manner that she would answer him. “And since you deem me useless and not helping in your career, I’m ditching you. I will no longer handle you. Go and find a new manager to around with.” Onew walked away from her and ended his manegerial position in public. Taeyeon went after him, her new straight hair swaying with her every move. She placed a hand on his shoulder and he turned around.

“You are so full of ! I can’t believe you even have the guts to say that in public! How could you?!” Taeyeon was now crying.

“Well I can’t believe that you had the guts to call me and drag me to a salon to embarrassingly pay for your own carelessness! And after all I’ve done for you, you tell me I’m bringing you down and I’m not helping you in your career! You ungrateful dip!” Onew walked away and got in his car before the thing got bigger. He already reached his boiling point so instead of trying to work it out, he decided to leave. Taeyeon was left standing alone in the sidewalk trying to fathom what Onew had said. So as not to look stupid, she got inside her pink Cadillac and drove off to work. While driving, she couldn’t help but cry, thus smearing her makeup. She didn’t care anymore.

What’s wrong with me, God? Will You please tell me what is my problem? Why am I so good at pushing people away? Why am I the best when it comes to hurting people? I mean, take a look at me! First my boyfriend left me and now my best friend. Well I think he has a point and for the first time I’m humbling myself. Onew has a point. I am self-centered. I think about myself more than others and I have more concern about my situation than others’ well-being. In short, I’m insensitive. He wasn’t lying when he said that I was ungrateful. He’s done so much for me. I can’t believe I just overlooked him and treated him like . But I’m not giving up on my career. I’m not. Onew can walk away from me right now but I’m his best friend and I know he’ll be back one of these days. I’m just gonna have to be my own manager for a short period of time but if there’s something I’m certain of, it’s that Onew will always stand by me. It’s a promise we both made. I can stand losing my boyfriend but my best friend? No freaking way!

Taeyeon finally got to the studio where she rushed to the shampoo CF set. Jennifer was the first person she saw and offered her a pink mini dress.

“The CF shooting’s gonna start in a few minutes. I suggest you put this on now.” Taeyeon slipped out of her clothes and into the tight mini number. Jennifer helped her with her shoes, makeup and accessories. “I love your hair by the way.” BoA’s stylist complimented her hair. Taeyeon could only smile but deep inside she was hurting.

“Okay! We’ll start now!” the director called. The CF shooting for the Lady Luck Shampoo ran smoothly. Despite her current emotional situation, Taeyeon was able to deliver her lines and act well for the CF. Sure she had times where she had to pause and take a breather or they had to retake some parts but all in all it was perfect, just the thing they needed to get more people to buy their product. Everyone was pleased with the outcome, including Taeyeon.

After the shoot, Taeyeon was left all by herself. She left the studio without anyone noticing and walked around the building. Round and round she went until she got thirsty and decided to buy a drink at the café. Walking without Onew by her side, without Onew to calm her down was really depressing and awkward. She wasn’t used to the awkward silences where Onew’s laughter and words of wisdom should be.

Perhaps a little coffee? Taeyeon reached the café and bought herself a mocha latte. She continued to walk-in her pink kill heels-around and found herself exhausted by the height of the heels. She was about to walk to the elevator when awkwardness presented itself to her.

What the is he doing here again?! she saw Leeteuk holding a camera and a satchel. Don’t tell me he works here!?!?! Leeteuk got a job as a director and a model in the company and was making waves, highly popular and praised amongst his co-workers. Unlike Taeyeon, Leeteuk was highly confident and organized without being too self-centered and egotistic like Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn’t even get close to the elevator and adrenaline pushed her to do the ultimate and impossible task of running away in her heels. Clutching her cup of coffee tightly, she ran with her heels clacking away from the elevator and opted for the stairs.

You read it right. Stairs. Taeyeon ran up the stairs in her pumps and in a tight mini dress with a cup of mocha latte in her hand. The floor that she was going for was the third floor where the lounge was. Barely even on the second floor, her feet started to ache and blister, leaving her no choice but to take them off and make her way up barefooted. Yes, barefooted.

Well this is better than climbing up in heels. Or taking an awkward elevator ride. Taeyeon paused for a while to take a breather and a sip of her latte when she nearly made a turn. Had she not read the sign she would’ve gone another floor up. She was already on the 3rd floor. Taeyeon still had her shoes in her hands when she made a turn to where the lounge was and bumped into G.Na. G.Na looked at her with an arched eyebrow and a snobby look on her face.

“Watch where you’re going, Ms. Clumsy!” G.Na said bossily. Taeyeon, however was having none of her .

First you stole my man and now you talk to me like I’m some low-life piece of ?! I may be small but if you with me, I’m gonna give you bruises bigger than your s, you !

“Excuse me but did you just rudely tell me to watch where I’m going?!” G.Na heard this and spun around. She saw Taeyeon in a pink dress, barefooted, and with a cup of mocha latte in her hand. To her, the company’s ‘top notch’ star looked absolutely pathetic.


“Look at you! I’m to believe that you’re the number one star in this company? That you’re the star that ropes in the cash? Seriously?!”

“I don’t know who you are or what you’ve done but I know one thing about you…” she pointed an accusing finger at the tall, y diva, G.Na. “You stole Leeteuk from me. That’s right, ! You stole him!”

“Jealous much, bitter ex-girlfriend?! It ain‘t my fault I got him drooling!” G.Na teased. “No wonder he broke up with you! Not only do you dress pathetically, you act so pitifully too.”

“That’s it, you’re going down you inflataboob !” Taeyeon said feistily. You gotta admit, for a 5’2” girl like her going up against a taller, firmer woman like G.Na, she got guts!

“Inflataboob ? I’m flattered. At least I got assets. What have you got, you midget!?”

“That’s it!” Taeyeon dropped her heels and gently placed her mocha latte down. She gave G.Na a mighty shove, one that rattled her like an earthquake. G.Na nearly toppled down but being taller, she stood back up.

“You got feist. You ain’t got no assets but you got feist! I like that. Makes me want to hit you more!” G.Na threatened with gritted teeth. Taeyeon stood up straight and smirked.

“You like feist? I got truckloads of that!” she exposed her jaw and pointed at it. “Hit me!”

“You’re asking for it, ?” G.Na smirked.

“I’d go down on my knees for it!” Taeyeon yelled back sarcastically. “Now are you gonna do it or am I gonna deem you a coward?!” G.Na got pissed at her sarcasm and actually hit her. G.Na hit Taeyeon, smacked her across the jaw. Taeyeon, being smaller and more frail, fell to the ground and struggled to get up.

“Still feisty, huh? Come on you dwarf!” Taeyeon stood up and charged at G.Na, pushed her and knocked her down. Taeyeon went all-out on G.Na, punching her, pulling her hair, tearing some pieces of her dress. Taeyeon went ballistic and was really hell-bent on destroying G.Na’s face.

“THIS IS FOR STEALING MY BOYFRIEND!” she gave G.Na a punch on the eye, giving her a black eye.

“THIS IS FOR RUDELY TALKING TO ME!” she gave G.Na another punch, this time in the jaw. Taeyeon stood up and towered above the supermodel turned singer. For the first time, she felt bigger than a big person.

“AND THIS IS FOR CALLING ME MIDGET, GOLIATH!!!” With one mighty kick, Taeyeon sent G.Na in a world of pain.

“What are you two girls doing?!” Kangin caught her and G.Na in a brutal catfight with Taeyeon looking like she emerged as the victor.

“SHE STARTED IT.” The two pointed at each other. Leeteuk rushed to his girl’s side and aided to her wounds. Taeyeon saw this and immediately, a conflagration of jealousy ignited in her. She was so jealous at their sweetness and at Leeteuk’s guts to do it in front of her that she grabbed her mocha latte and heels. She walked over to Leeteuk who didn’t seem to care that she was there and tapped him on the shoulder.

“This is for breaking up with me and leaving me for that !” she poured her mocha latte on Leeteuk, who cussed in humiliation. He was about to go after Taeyeon but she backed up and said,

“AND THIS IS FOR ALL THE BULL THAT YOU GAVE ME, YOU DOUCHEBAG!” Taeyeon hit him with her shoes, heels first and continued doing this while screaming. Kangin tried to stop her but she was like a possessed woman. She kept on hitting Leeteuk with the shoes and even hit G.Na with them a couple of times. Kangin broke them apart with his strength and had a word with her in his office. Leeteuk and G.Na were brought to the clinic for treatment.

[AT KANGIN’S OFFICE]

“THAT WAS A VERY, VERY, VERY WRONG THING TO DO, TAEYEON! WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING AND YOU DID THAT?!” Kangin yelled. “TELL ME! I DEMAND A DECENT ANSWER FROM YOU!”

“Sir, she talked to me rudely. She shoved me and told me to watch where I was going. She even called me Ms. Clumsy. You think I was gonna have any of that? Do you think?” Taeyeon said. She was a mess! Her newly treated hair was dishevelled, her dress was stained and was barefooted as her pumps’ heels snapped.

“And that’s a reason for you to start a fight?!”

“I told her to apologize and that it was rude what she did but she pushed me. She teased me even more! SHE INSULTED ME!” Taeyeon emphasized the ‘insulted’ part. Kangin rubbed his forehead and said.

“That was very unprofessional of you. You are a, you say a Yale Graduate? And you worked with professional journalists on a news show?”

“Well it’s happened before. I guess when you really push someone to her limits, things like this can happen.”

“You should’ve used your brain and acted upon your thoughts and not on how you felt at the time.”

“I’m sorry for all the damage I’ve caused.”

“No wonder they fired you at your previous job. You have the tendency to go bat when you’re angry.”

“I go ape sir. Ape. Not bat.”

“Whatever. Point is you did wrong and to punish you, I am suspending you.”

“INDEFINITELY?!?”

“Temporarily. You will come back in a matter of a few weeks to a month or so.” Taeyeon tried to reason out with her boss who just wouldn’t hear her out.

“Please, don’t do this to me! I’m really sorry for what I did. Sorry for causing all this chaos but it was G.Na who started everything.”

“I’m going to talk to her in a while. Point is, you displayed the more aggressive behavior thus leaving me no choice but to suspend you. You shall momentarily discontinue any activity that you are currently doing or project that you are working on.” The big boss Kangin said. Taeyeon shook her head and refused to accept her sanction.

“But sir-”

“No buts.” Kangin said, sternly pointing at the door. “Leave. I shall notify you and your careless manager when it is time for you to come back. But in the meantime, reflect on your actions.” Taeyeon broke down in front of Kangin and ran out of his office. She ran with her face covered, bumping into everyone and everything that was present. She only removed them when she reached the elevator.

Déjà vu all over again! This was the exact same scenario I was in when I got fired from my first job and if I’m not wrong this would probably happen again when he finally fires me from this job!

Taeyeon entered her car and drove home, her heart and mind burdened with thoughts of her career that fell as quickly as it rose and her failing friendship with Onew. It was only now, now that her career was about to break apart that she realized how right Onew was from the beginning.

I guess he’s right. I am too self-centered. I refuse to listen to other people’s concerns and I always go with what I feel without using better judgement first. I use too much heart and not a lot of head. Because of my selfishness, look at what I got myself into! What if G.Na wasn’t really Leeteuk’s girlfriend? What if Leeteuk never really had a girlfriend and was just talking to girls? I just let my immature judgement dictate my actions once again. Good going, Taeyeon!

Taeyeon got home and just like every depressed night, she parked her car in the garage and bawled her eyes out in the car before deciding that it was too much and too pathetic then leaving. Upon entering the house, Taeyeon had no apetite and was in no mood to drink. She was too exhausted that she plopped on her couch and fell asleep.

Ding!Dong!