Rose Pink

Geek In The Pink


[THE FOLLOWING MORNING; 10:00 AM]

If you wanna pretty, everyone a pretty…

Taeyeon was still in bed, resting heavily from last night/this morning’s activity. Her body was totally unresponsive to whatever stimuli. It was like she was dead but she wasn’t. Taeyeon had one arm and one leg hanging from the bed. The call was missed but it rang once more.

If you wanna pretty, everyone a pretty…

This time, Taeyeon jolted awake and looked at the clock. Seeing that it was already 10:00 AM, a wave of panic overcame her but she calmly took a deep breath and answered her phone.

“Good morning.”

“Good news, Taeyeon. You can go and crawl back to bed because Kangin rescheduled your shooting. You will work on the music video later this afternoon at around 3-I don’t know what time pm.”

“That’s great news, now I’m gonna go back to-”

“And it’s actually a pretty good thing you didn’t come here.”

“Why?” Taeyeon tried to get out of bed and ran to the bathroom to take a shower. She put her phone in loudspeaker mode and took a shower. Everything was rushed as Onew was calling her already.

“Because there’s someone that you wouldn’t want to see here.” Onew said in a low voice. The water from the shower prevented her from hearing Onew properly so she peered out of the shower curtain.

“Can you repeat that please?”

“Turn your shower off.” Taeyeon did as instructed. “You shouldn’t come here because someone you don’t like is here and…well there’s just something you mustn’t see.” Somehow Taeyeon had an idea on what this was about but she was really dedicated.

“Just allow me to finish taking a shower and you shall hear my reply.” Taeyeon did finish taking a shower in a few minutes time and with a towel wrapped around her body and dripping wet hair, she picked the phone up and told Onew what suffering she had undergone last night and this morning.

“I stayed up from 2:00 pm yesterday to 3:00 am this morning just to finish the dresses for the music video. I worked on them and the music video concepts at the same time. I even practiced my song while sewing them. And then you tell me not to come because Leeteuk is the vicinity?! Are you ing kidding me? Do you think that for one second I will disregard all my hard work, let it all go to waste just for one guy? I don’t give a about him! Let him stay there all he wants. He can even stare at me for what it’s worth!” Taeyeon said. She fixed herself and started to put her clothes on with her hair still wet.

“So…are you coming or what?” Onew asked awkwardly.

“Of course I am. Tell Kangin to move that shooting appointment that I scheduled in the afternoon to this morning. I am more than ready. With all my props.” Taeyeon said as she dashed out of her room with her bag, her makeup kit, and the two dresses. Mind you, she still had a phone on her ear.

“Alrighty then! I’m telling him that you’re coming.”

“Tell him that. And I demand some coffee and cookies on my table.” Taeyeon commanded playfully. Onew knew that she was just being playful by the tone of her voice.

“Cookies and coffee? What am I? Your personal assistant?” Onew joked back.

“I’m not joking.” Taeyeon said with a serous voice as she drove her car with the phone on her ear though it was in loudspeaker mode. It was 10:45 am and Taeyeon was driving lightning speed down the road all the way to the studio. She nearly bumped other cars and the posts on her way. Like her old self, she parked the car frantically, jamming it straight into the lot. Taeyeon was in high heels so that made it quite hard for her to move around and carry her things. Taeyeon opened the door to the backseat and fetched her dresses as well as her bag which she threw at the back in her hurry. Her signature ‘teeter-walk’ was back as she struggled to make it to the front door. Taeyeon was practically run-walking to the elevator when it opened.

Guess who was coming her way about to enter the elevator!

Leeteuk. Leeteuk was walking all by himself with a bottle of juice in his hand. He was wearing a green, long-sleeved sweatshirt and skinny jeans for guys. He and Taeyeon made brief eye contact before entering the elevator. Taeyeon pushed 6th but Leeteuk didn’t push any button, suggesting that he was going on the same floor as she was.

So this is what Onew’s been telling me about. I knew I shouldn’t have come! Saying is really different from actually being here standing right next to him on an elevator not speaking to each other not even a small hi. What I’d give to hear that hi…no! No! What are you saying Taeyeon! You hate this guy! This guy is the reason for all your misery, why you’re acting this way. HE’S THE REASON WHY YOU’RE ABOUT TO BECOME A STAR IN THE FIRST PLACE…

I guess loving Leeteuk after the relationship has its benefits, too.

Taeyeon was still lost in thought when the bell rang and the elevator doors opened. Leeteuk exited the ride without bidding her goodbye nor looking at her and the doors closed. Taeyeon was still thinking to herself when she realized that Leeteuk was no longer beside her and the elevator had stopped on the 6th floor already. She panicked and accidentally pushed the 4th and 5th floor buttons, making the elevator go down, open. She pushed the close button and down it went. Stop, open, close. Taeyeon pushed the 6th button and when she arrived, she ran awkwardly out of the elevator, hoping to release whatever anxiety was brought about by Leeteuk and the elevator mishap.

Please tell Kangin to cancel my shooting!

As Taeyeon was running, Kangin came out of the room and she accidentally bumped into him in her hurry. Her heels-which were around 3 inches high-snapped and she fell on the floor along with her dresses and other things.

“OWWWW!!” Taeyeon yelped. Kangin saw this and helped her up.

“Wait dude, wait.” she said informally in pain. “I can’t get up I’ve no heels.” Taeyeon struggled to take her stilettoes off and placed the heels inside her bag. Barefooted, she stood up and walked limply with Kangin’s hand in hers.

“How are you going to shoot? You got shoes?”

“Yeah I brought shoes. But right now I need a chair.”

“I’m taking you to the stylist. We shall leave in a few minutes.” Taeyeon’s eyes widened with surprise.

“You mean we’re almost leaving?!”

“Yeah. I’ll just get you dolled up a bit. You look like hell!” Kangin said. Taeyeon glinted her eyes but conformed. He opened the door to the styling room where Jennifer Park awaited her. She sat on the chair and the stylist worked her magic on Taeyeon.

[AFTER A FEW MINUTES]

Once Jennifer finished working on Taeyeon’s hair and makeup, Onew entered the styling room and handed her the cookies and coffee. Without hesitation, Taeyeon chowed the cookies down.

“Boy you are hungry.” Onew said with his arms crossed on his chest.

“YFOU ARE NEVFER GOHNHA BFELIEVFE VHAT HAFFPHENED EARLIAH ON THFE EFELEFVATOR!!” Taeyeon said in between mouthfuls. Onew tried to comprehend what she was saying.

“What happened?” Taeyeon swallowed hard and rephrased what she said.

“Leeteuk and I were on the same elevator earlier.” Onew’s eyes widened.

“No ing way!”

“ing way! But we didn’t talk to each other. We just stayed put and waited for the elevator to stop on this floor.”

“You both got off on this floor?”

“He did. The door closed on me. I thought about him too much.” Taeyeon frowned, eating another cookie.

“See, I told you you shouldn’t have come!”

“Yeah I guess you’re right. But I got work to do, so him. He shouldn’t have come.” Taeyeon said.

“Kangin said we’d leave in a few minutes. Where’s our ride?” Onew’s phone rang and it was Kangin on the other line, telling them to come down as they were about to leave.

“He wants us to come down now. The private bus is ready.” Taeyeon’s eyes sparkled at the sound of ‘private bus’. The two, along with Jennifer the stylist, went down and got on the bus to head to their two destinations for the music video shoot, the botanical and orchid gardens as well as the beach.

 

[DURING THE SHOOT]

Taeyeon called most of the shots, playing co-director to the music video director that Kangin hired for her. She did most of the acting, actually sang with her record playing in the background and even helped out with the editing. Everything was hers, from the concept to the clothes to the song. In short, Taeyeon practically ran the show.

[AFTER THE MUSIC VIDEO SHOOT]

At around 11:00 pm, the shoot was complete. Everyone was dead tired but happy because of the work that they had accomplished, especially Taeyeon. The cast and crew opted to stay in a hotel right next to the beach for convenience’s sake. Taeyeon and Onew got separate rooms though they were next to each other by request.

Taeyeon dragged all of her belongings as well as her feet to the room. Upon entering, she threw everything on the floor and herself on the bed. She could swear she was about to sleep when she remembered that she hadn’t checked her email yet. Taeyeon didn’t really want to go online because she knew this was the time Leeteuk was most active on Twitter.

You don’t care about him. Don’t let him stop you from doing the things you love doing. Taeyeon told herself. She turned her laptop on and logged in to her Twitter account. As usual, Leeteuk had a lot of tweets.

Hadn’t talked to her in a while. I miss you.

If I told you I missed you, would you believe me

Egotistic as she was, Taeyeon thought at first that he was pertaining to her since as far as she knew, she was the last person-female that he saw. But it dawned on her that it wasn’t her he was referring to.

If I could only steal you from him…

Oh… Taeyeon sighed sadly to herself. I knew I shouldn’t have logged in. Taeyeon acted all tough though she was dying so badly down inside. Not wanting to waste any more time on Twitter reading his tweets and seeing that he doesn’t care about her anymore, she turned the laptop off and fell asleep with a deadly combination of fatigue and sadness.


[SEVERAL DAYS AFTER THE SHOOT…]

The music video for “Jiral” was released online and on TV at the same time at exactly 12 mn that very night of the shooting. All happened so quick and what Taeyeon wasn’t prepared for was the immense recognition she was going to receive. Praises left and right, compliments up and down. Wherever she went, from that day on, she would always get called out by people and asked for photos or an autograph. Sure there were detractors, people who couldn’t get over the on-air rant that she made but there were more supporters than haters, of course. With a voice liker hers, who would think that it was impossible for her to go far? And she hadn’t even promoted her song yet.

“You are scheduled to perform on Music Bank.” Onew told Taeyeon one day.

“What? Music Bank? Are you kidding me?!” Taeyeon grunted.

“Yeah. You have to perform. It’s the way you promote your album and your song.”

“I’m gonna perform? When? Tell me so I can make my dress!”

“You don’t have to make a dress, Taeyeon. A simple pink outfit from the collection in our clothes department will do. And you will perform two days from now.”

“Two days? Oh well, I guess it’s the start of busy days.”

“Very busy days. People love your song. They love your voice and they love the music video. Looks like someone’s gonna be around for some time in the biz, huh!” Onew raised his eyebrows playfully. Taeyeon smirked and slapped his arm lightly.

“Do I have to practice for this?”

“Well since you’re just gonna sing and there’s no need for you to dance, I guess you could skip rehearsals. But it’s really up to you if you want to, you know, hone your voice a little bit!” Taeyeon grinned and confidently flipped her hair.

“I don’t need to rehearse. I can pull this off quite well.” Taeyeon said proudly.

Pull it off quite well? I don’t think so. As soon as Taeyeon got home, she did nothing but sing, sing, sing.

You’re going to be a superstar. You’re going to appear on TV again after months of hiding from the limelight. You gotta be strong, act confident, pretend that nothing happened in the past. Remember, with all the girl and boy groups out, you’ve got the game to yourself, baby. No competition.


Taeyeon even went as far as recording her voice just so that she could hear its quality. The perfectionist that she was, she wasn’t impressed and continued to practice til she was sure her voice was gone. That wasn’t her only problem, though. Taeyeon still didn’t know what to wear on Thursday.

Great! I’m losing my voice and I don’t have anything to wear. Something tells me I’m off to a nice start!

Practicing can make you feel hungry. That’s why after recording her voice on her phone for a good 8 times, Taeyeon stood up and took the ice cream cake from the fridge and ate it all in one sitting. That was all she would be having for the night.

The next day was spent doing the exact same things. Practicing, searching for clothes, figuring out hairstyles and makeup, and eating cold food. Taeyeon knew that it was bad for singers to eat or drink cold stuff right after practicing but it was all she had and judging by her situation now, she figured she could use a lot of it.

Come Thursday, Taeyeon arrived early in the afternoon in order to allot Jennifer some time to doll her up. Since the show would start at night, she had plenty of time to look pretty. And looking pretty wasn’t a problem for Taeyeon as making someone look pretty was no problem for Jennifer. Pretty soon, Taeyeon went from simple and haggard to elegant and stunning. Her hair was done up in a perfect bun while her makeup was natural and, of course, pink. Pink was a color that Taeyeon loved so much and couldn’t stay away from. Her dress for her performance was something Jennifer called ‘a fish-scale mini number’ because the bottom part of the dress resembled fish scales.

Before the show, Onew knocked on the door of the dressing room to have a word with his talent.

“I am so nervous, Jin Ki. It’s been months since I last appeared on TV and right now I’m literally shaking.” Taeyeon said with her hand on her chest. SHe could feel her heart beating right out of her ribcage. Onew noticed that her voice was a bit raspy and low like she was sick.

“Don’t be! You’re so famous now and people are really looking forward to your debut. Your video garnered a million plus views and honestly, so many people enjoyed it. They kept going on about how your voice is nice and how beautiful the song is. You’ll do fine, I’m telling you.”

“I could use another plate of cookies.”

“Let me ask you something,” Onew began, ignoring her request. “Did you sing all night last night?”


“Yes I did.” Taeyeon answered with conviction and a husky voice.

“You wore your voice out! I told you not to!” Onew scolded her.

“I was just really nervous and I had to practice. I also ate cold cake.”

“WHAT? Taeyeon! Don’t you know that you’re not supposed to take in cold-”

“I KNOW WHAT I’M NOT SUPPOSED TO AND SUPPOSED TO DO!” Taeyeon said loudly. She didn’t want to scream as this would strain her voice. Onew was about to say something when the stagehand called their attention and informed them that Taeyeon would be performing next.

“Oh. Holy. .” the two said at the same time.

“Hurry get your mic ready! Where’s the mic? Where’s the mic?!” Onew panicked. Another stagehand handed him the mic and he helped put it on Taeyeon. He even tested if it was working. After the first performer had finished his number, the MCs called her out.

“For our next performer, we have a rookie singer. She’s definitely not a new face but in the entertainment industry, she’s as fresh as a daisy. Ladies and gentlemen, performing her lead single “Jiral”, please welcome Kim Taeyeon.” said the MC with a sweet, sugary voice. The crowd welcomed Taeyeon with claps and cheers, though not that loud. Taeyeon walked out to the stage from the back wearing a rose pink ’fish-dress’ matched with rose pink pumps and smiled at everyone. She looked so confident and relaxed but deep down inside, she was terrified and was just waiting for someone to boo her or worse, throw something at her.

What if the cussing incident is still fresh in their memories? Will they throw stuff at me and aim for my head?

Taeyeon approached the mic and fixed it, adjusting it to her level. When she heard the accompaniment, that was when she started singing.

[song: “Jiral” by Humming Urban Stereo]

The relaxing song that her company released several days prior to her performance was now being performed live in front of an audience. Taeyeon’s voice sounded very smooth, soothing and powerful despite her raspy voice brought about by too much singing and ice cream eating. Nobody even noticed that her voice wasn’t in its best condition! It captivated most of them and made them want to sing and sway along to her music though it was equivalent to a lullaby, to her at least. Some of the loyal followers of Taeyeon on Twitter and on the Internet as well sang along to the song like they knew it all their lives. Taeyeon was amazed at the support that was being given to her and honestly, she didn’t expect any of it.

Good things come when you expect less! Thank God everything’s running smoothly. That means I can show my face to the world again!

The song was about to end and at the last line, people chanted her name over and over. On her first performance, Taeyeon had created a strong fanbase that she was sure could overpower the haters. After the performance, some male fans threw roses at her as she stepped forward and bowed down before the audience. The MC approached her and congratulated her on a successful debut. The co-MC handed her a beautiful boquet of pink and white roses, her favorite colors.

“Thank you, thank you so much. I never expected any of this, I actually expected something worse. Well I’m glad that those expectations weren’t met. Thank you for your support despite of my past. I hope you keep this up until the end.” Taeyeon bowed one more time and embraced the MCs before walking to the backstage. Once out of the public’s sight, Taeyeon ran in her heels and looked for Onew.

“JIN KI! JIN KI! JIN KI! I DID IT! I WON THE CROWD! I WON THE-” Something stopped Taeyeon in her tracks almost making her trip in her heels again. It was a sight that she sort of expected but never knew nor thought would happen.

G.Na? Stretching? With a clip-on mic? Are you serious? Don’t tell me she was released early, too?

G.Na, much to Taeyeon’s surprise, was one of the very few who were released early from training and set to debut. There, Taeyeon saw G.Na’s intimidating figure. Her height, her skin, her hair, her face, her s, her legs. Everything about G.Na was flawless. G.Na defined perfection. No wonder Leeteuk was making a move on her.

But I thought he and Yoon Eun hye were an item? What exactly is going on here?

G.Na saw Taeyeon and smiled her simple yet captivating smile. Taeyeon wasn’t really sure how to reciprocate so she just smiled back awkwardly with her teeth showing.

“I watched your performance. Good job!” G.Na said with much interest, though Taeyeon thought it was fake.

“Uhm. Thanks?” she asked, unsure of her emotions.

“Why are you in doubt? You don’t believe me?”

“No. No, it’s…it’s not that. Hahaha.” Taeyeon tried her hardest to make this conversation comfortable but she was just the Queen of Awkwardness and Dorkiness.

“Huh? It’s what?” G.Na asked already confused with Taeyeon’s “explanation”.

How do I say “It’s because you’ve been really close with my ex-boyfriend and I think that’s what’s causing the awkwardness between us. You see I really love him still and you would be such a good person to me, the very least that you could do for me is to reject him and stay away from him forever” in a decent, no-tears way?

“My voice is kinda raspy and tired…haha.” Taeyeon rubbed her left arm and smiled her awkward, ‘I’m-not-friends-with-you-because-you-are-so-pretty-and-my-ex-boyfriend-loves-you’ smile.

“Well you should get some medicine. You don’t want to be performing with that voice the next time around. Do it before it gets worse.”

“I think I should do that.” Taeyeon agreed with her and stopped making eye contact. “I will. I will.”

“You should.” G.Na said. The stagehand called for G.Na and she gracefully walked past Taeyeon after bidding her goodbye. Taeyeon felt dizzy because of her sweet-smelling perfume.

If her perfume had a color, it would be pink without a doubt. Even her perfume makes me jealous.

What Taeyeon didn’t want to admit to herself was that she was so jealous, jealous to the bone of G.Na. Not just because Leeteuk wanted her but because G.Na, as mentioned, was perfect in every way. She couldn’t find a single flaw in her body and watching her perform on stage via the plasma TV backstage only justified that perfection.

[song: “Black and White” by G.Na]

Look at the way she moves. Listen to the way she sings. No wonder Leeteuk’s crazy about her. She’s got everything a guy could possibly want in a woman and that everything in her is what makes Leeteuk not care about me and because of that perfection, he’s slowly forgetting that we even had something though it was only for a short time. Dammit, because of her he’s forgetting about Eun hye.

Taeyeon felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around. Onew was there standing behind her about to ask her out for some snacks when he noticed G.Na‘s sizzling performance.

“Who’s that lady?!” Onew said with oggling eyes.

“G.Na.” Taeyeon said without taking her eyes off the TV.

“My, my she is one fine slice of cherry pie.” Taeyeon furrowed her brows and took several deep breaths, about to scream at Onew. She stopped herself remembering that her voice was all raspy.

“You can say that again.” she just agreed with him to prevent arguments. Onew noticed the sad look on Taeyeon’s face.

“Hey, is something wrong?”

“What do you think?” she finally turned to him and showed him a pair of teary eyes.

“What is it about this time?” Taeyeon wiped the falling tears using the back of her hand.

“You. It’s about you!” Taeyeon was bluffing, obviously. “You come here telling me that she’s all fine and hot and I get that! I know that she’s everything I’m not but I’m your talent! You are my manager! Aren’t you supposed to be a little bit on my side? Sheesh! How supportive of you!”

“Oh here we go again! Go ahead! Roll the clip! I love this drama movie I’m seeing!” Onew said sarcastically. “When will you stop complaining about everything?! Am I not allowed to appreaciate other people?”

“So now this is a joke to you! You think this is an act? You think this is scripted? You think any of this is funny?!” Taeyeon let all her frustrations out on Onew.

“Well you’re making a huge joke out of yourself by comparing yourself to someone else! Stop being so insecure, sit back, and enjoy what’s coming your way.” Onew explained angrily. He calmed down when he realized that he raised his voice on his best friend. “I mean look at you. You’re not half-bad for a performer. You’re very beautiful and talented. Maybe not as pretty as her but who defines beauty anyways? You don’t have to look like her in order to attest that you are good looking.”

“But she’s-”

“Enough about her. In this industry it can’t always be about comparing yourself to other people. Clearly your emotions haven’t graduated from middle school yet. Just because I appreciate her beauty doesn’t mean I don’t appreaciate you. Of course I give more about you! You are the person that I’m handling! I mean sure I like her as a performerand all but if I give 2 s about her I give 4 s about you. Times two of hers! Why? Because I know you. I don’t know G.Na as a person so I can’t make any judgements. Physically, sure she’s appealing but I know and you know that we’ve known each other for a long time and that long time is enough for me to say that you’re an awesome person.” Onew smiled at her and ruffled her hair.

“Well, thanks for that. That was all the comfort I needed.” Taeyeon finally smiled. Onew pulled her into a huge and she hugged back.

“Remember, in this industry it’s all about you now. You can’t think about other people. You can’t keep prioritizing other people, lowering yourself. Up that self-esteem of yours! Remember what you’re here for!”

“To be honest, I’ve forgotten all the bull you just said because everything that came out of your mouth was so damn long but I’ll remember to remember myself.”

“That’s good. Now go get some rest. Your voice could use it.”

“Thanks. I’ll see you around.”

“Don’t take in anything cold!” Onew advised while walking away.

“Yeah. Sure.” Taeyeon turned away from the TV and entered her dressing room. Just as she was about to open the door, G.Na came walking to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

“You doing anything today?” she asked sweetly.

“No.” Taeyeon answered then realized that it was her ‘rival’ she was talking to. She then changed her answer. “I mean, yes.”

“Oh. That’s too bad.”

“Why?”

“I was gonna ask you if you wanted to come and have some cocktails with me and my friends.” This struck Taeyeon.

What do I ask? Hm. Who will be coming? Where will we go? Who are your friends? Will Leeteuk be there?

“Oh that sounds exciting but I have loads of work to do. Like loads!” Taeyeon explained not wanting to look her in the eye.

“Alright. Maybe some other time?”

“Yeah. Some other time.” Taeyeon refused to look at G.Na and pretended to be unlocking her dressing room door by twisting and turning the knob. The awkward moment came when Jennifer dropped by.

“Hey Taeyeon. Hey G.Na!” she said. Jennifer pushed the door, thus revealing that it wasn’t locked.

I will forever be the Queen of Awkward.

“Oh I gotta pick my bag up and go now. Catch you some other time!” Taeyeon dashed inside and grabbed her bag, dashed back out and walked swiftly out the building. Tears of jealousy were starting to form and stream down her eyes.

[song: “Queen” by Son Dam bi]

The following days proved to be heaven for Taeyeon. She went on several shows promoting her album and performing “Jiral” as well as her other ballads. People grew to love her more and more and this only built her confidence. Her album and single reached the number one spot on the charts and garnered her several awards. She was also given so many projects that she found herself too busy to even think about Leeteuk or G.Na. Although she still thought about him (them) sometimes, this could be the moment she had long been waiting for, to finally be so immersed in work that she could forget about them. Many projects equals so much money. Since her debut, Taeyeon had been taking home loads and loads of cash as well as from her other projects and she really appreciated the fact that her company and manager loved her so much that they got her to endorse the really popular makeup brands, food companies, fragrances, clothing lines, bags, etc. All the top names were given to her and honestly, Taeyeon couldn’t be any happier.

If albums and endorsements weren’t enough, check this out! Taeyeon was selected to act in a miniseries, taking on the lead role of the princess who turns out to also be a brave warrior. Stunts and action scenes were part of this, thus requiring more training and exercise. Working did wonders for Taeyeon’s body, too. She had lost so much weight and was never in better shape. She continued to eat in great amounts as she did before but too much work and stress really burnt all the calories.

Everything fell according to planned. Her album did well just after releasing the first single and promoting the other songs; her CFs for the most recognizable and prominent brands in Korea paid her buckets and wells of money; her miniseries was a huge hit and that meant more cash! Pretty soon, Taeyeon found herself on the richest young people list. Her success was so huge that it overpowered her past and empowered her esteem.

Look at me now, Park Jung soo! I’m making more money than you and your little car business!

In case you’re intersted in finding out what happened to Leeteuk’s car business? It went bankrupt and he and his dad were going through a very tough financial situation but since Leeteuk had his modelling, acting, and hosting career, he just shrugged his shoulders and brushed this problem off. Leeteuk was always, always conceited.

Karma moves fast, doesn’t it? How does losing taste, huh?

Onew hired a financial adviser for Taeyeon, one that knew how to handle money because if he had known his friend any better, to her money equals spending. The financial adviser took care of her cash and advised her on how much she should spend and what bills she should be paying. He once asked Taeyeon if she there was anything she wanted to spend her money on.

“Well if there’s one thing I’d love to splurge on, it’s a house renovation.”

And it was granted! She had the house that she once shared with Onew renovated and beautified. Of course, Taeyeon could never do away with her favorite color, which was pink. She had the old, boring, gray house repainted a pretty shade of pink. The interior was re-designed and the room that Onew used to sleep in was converted into a second floor guest room. The outcome was very beautiful. Not really a pink mansion but a pink home. Taeyeon was on cloud nine when she saw how the house looked.

“It’s so…beautifully pink!” she said with delight. That very night, she slept in her house that wasn’t new but looked so new and high-class. Very different from the house it was in the past. It was really as if she bought a new home.

Onew should see this!