Chapter 6

Second Chance

As the three men approached, Andy knew that whatever they were planning to do to him, it was going to be painful.

 

Andy just wanted to be left alone. He was over all this, over the drama. He just wanted to leave, go home and be alone.

 

“What the hell do you want from me?” Andy demanded as he readied himself for a fight. “Why are you doing this?”

 

Andy didn’t recognize them and the way they had to look at a photo of him, Andy guess they didn’t know him either. Which only made the whole thing more baffling. And frightening, of course.

 

The men didn’t answer his question, only continued to approach Andy. Andy started to felt scared, his legs trembling so hard. He closed his eyes, waited for whatever the men want to do to him. Andy knew, even though he tried to struggle or run away, there was no way he could win this game. So, he just stood there, pray that somebody will rescue him.

 

Suddenly, Andy felt someone grab the back of his shirt, wrenching him backwards. He nearly fell over his own feet, but managed to stay upright, watching in daze. Muted state as several security guards flooded the car park, screaming at the three armed intruders.

 

Andy should felt relief, even just a little a bit of it, but it was all to much. The emotional torment, the hatred.

 

Andy couldn’t take it anymore. His eyes rolled into the back of his head and he promptly fainted.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eric whipped off his tie as he charged through the hallways, Hyesung hot on his heels. Eric just heard from the security that the suspected vandals had been apprehended at the car park – while confronting and threatening Andy. He wasn’t harmed, thankfully, but Eric had been told that Andy fainted. More likely from stress.

 

Eric gritted his teeth in frustration and anger. At himself. It was because of him that Andy ran away. He had confronted the frazzled and stressed man without regard for his condition. He knew that Andy wasn’t feeling one hundred percent. He knew how much pressured Andy was under,

 

This is all such bull!

 

The vandals targeting Andy, Jiyeon practically telling Andy to get the hell out of Jeju, Andy telling him that he left for his own good. Just what the was going on here?

 

“Where is he?” Eric demanded to know.

 

“He was taken back to his room” Hyesung answered quickly and to the point. “The police wish to speak to him, but-“

 

“They can talk to him in the morning” Eric interrupted harshly. Like hell he was going to let the police near Andy after what had happened. Their investigation could wait. But Eric couldn’t wait. He needed to see Andy now. He needed to see if he was alright.

 

He also wanted to know what was going on with him during the past six years. What the hell did he mean that he did it for him. What the could possibly done to make Andy leave him, thinking it was for his benefit

 

And Jiyeon… He’d talk with her later

 

Drawing closer to Andy’s room, Eric spared a quick glance to Hyesung, who was still dutifully followed behind him. “I want you to oversee the hotel for tonight. I’ll be busy”

 

Hyesung didn’t question him, he could see that Eric was in no mood for a discussion or a lecture on protocol, and Hyesung just simply nodded. Hyesung then stopped following Eric while Eric continue walked to Andy’s room. A look of determination was clear on Eric’s face.

 

All this confusion, misunderstanding was going to end tonight, one way or another.

 

Eric didn’t bother to knock the door; he had the spare key. He opened the door casually and step inside. What he saw wasn’t what he was expecting. He expected to find Andy on the bed. Sleeping. But Andy was already up and… packed his things?

 

Andy who realized that Eric was in his room, momentarily pausing his action. Eric looked at him, Andy's eyes bloodshot, his face was pale which only made Eric clench his hands into tight fists by his sides. “I’m so sorry” Andy said.

 

Eric knew Andy would apologized. He always did, even when things were obviously not his fault. “Andy…”

 

Andy shook his head, as he started packing his belongings again, despite the way his hands were trembling. “I have to go” Andy said. “ I always cause trouble, everywhere I go. I can’t.. Not to you… I’m sorry”

 

“Stop it!” Eric demanded as he closed the distance between him and Andy. Eric leaned down to grab Andy by shoulders; pulling him to his feet and making Andy face him. “Stop apologizing! None of this was your fault. Just-“

 

Eric had to stop himself or else he will started to yell at the smaller man. He had to swallow his own desperation. He knew that Andy had been suffering more than he was. Andy was looking up at him; his gaze unblinking.

 

“Why do you want to leave?” Eric asked, unable to hide the anxiety in his voice, loosening his grip on Andy’s shoulder a little.

 

Andy was silent at first, his gaze not leaving Eric’s. But then, he looked away. “I’m not welcome here, I never belonged here. T-that’s why I have to go” Andy said softly, trying to slip from Eric’s grip.

 

But Eric only tightened it, keeping Andy still. “You’re not going anywhere” Eric said firmly. He had lost Andy once, and almost a second time, there sure as hell wasn’t going to be a third time.

 

“Let go, Hyung” The plea was so soft, heart wrenchingly so, but Eric wasn’t going to grant it.

 

“No”

 

Suddenly, an uncharacteristic expression of anger flared in Andy’s eyes as he placed his hand on Eric’s chest in effort to push him away. “Why can’t you see that I’m doing you a favour!?”

 

There he went again. Saying it was for him, like he would be happy or some like that.

 

“A favour?” Eric repeated as he grabbed Andy’s wrists in his hands, preventing Andy from fighting back. “Just like six years ago?”

 

Andy stopped his struggling and and bowed his head “…Yes”

 

How could someone think so lowly on themselves? Andy had always, always suffered from a low self-esteem, but did he not hold an inch of self-worth at all?

 

“You actually thought you were doing me a favour by leaving me?” Eric asked, blatant disbelief and confusion in his tone. He just couldn’t get his head around such… logic.

 

“I was. You could do so much better without me. Everyone thought like that”

 

“Do better?” Eric was gobsmacked. Where the hell was this from?

 

“Let go of me, Hyung” Andy demanded as he started his struggling again.

 

But Eric wasn’t going to let go, not now, not ever again. Who told him this such…such…absolute bull? Andy was the best thing ever that had happened to him. Eric’s parents even stated as such when Eric officially announced his engagement with Andy. They were so proud, so happy.

 

“Who said all those things to you?” Eric demanded. He wanted answers and he wanted them now. “Look at me!”

 

When Andy refused to say anything, refused to even look at him, Eric lost control. He tightened his grip on Andy’s wrist and all but flung him onto the bed. Andy uttered a noise of surprise as he bounced on the bed from the force of the throw. Andy tried to scramble up, to get away, but Eric pushed him down onto the bed again, pinning Andy’s wrists on both side of his head, one leg slipping between Andy’s so he couldn’t escape.

 

Their positions, it kinda remind Eric of the times where he had playfully thrown Andy onto the bed before ravishing him senseless. He wanted to do that now, wanted Andy to know that he wasn’t worthless, that he was someone special to Eric.

But first, Eric needed to know why Andy left. Or, who made him leave.

 

“Hyung!” Andy spluttered, his face turning red from embarrassment, anger and fear. “What are you doing?”

 

“Who? Tell me who told you that ?” Eric demanded to know. “Tell me, Andy”

 

Andy squeezed his eyes shut as tears pooled along his lashed. First, he just stay silent, but he couldn’t hold it any longer and finally broke. “It was Jiyeon”

 

Eric’s head reeled back, as he has suffered from a physical blow. “Yeon ah?”

 

His.. his little sister?

 

Tears now well and truly slipping from Andy’s eyes, Andy managed to offer more of an explanation. “She said that you could do better without me. You deserved better than me. You could have anyone you wanted. So, why didn’t you just forget me, let me go? I cant give you a family, Hyung. I cant give your parents the grandkids they deserve. You deserve to have a woman by your side. You could do so much better without me”

 

Eric was stoned into silence. Andy was serious. Andy wouldn’t lie or create a scapegoat. He wouldn’t place the blame on someone on for his benefit. So, that meant Jiyeon really said those things to Andy. She was the one who pushed Andy away. She was the one who told Andy such vile and harsh words.

 

“…She told you that?”

 

Removing his wrists from Eric’s loosened grip, Andy laid limp on the bed, all the fight in him was gone. He looked tired, resigned.

 

“You…” Eric started, his throat suddenly went dry. “Still love me, don’t you?”

 

Andy drew in a deep breath “More than anything” he admitted softly but so clearly. “That’s why I had to leave you. You deserve-“

 

“I deserved to be with who I want!” Eric interrupted. “And I want you, Andy. It’s always been you”

 

There was a moment of silence before Andy whispered “Why?”

 

“You have no idea how amazing you truly are” Eric said as he choked back his emotions. Eric then lowered himself down abruptly on top of Andy, wrapping his arms around Andy slender frame in a tight and desperate hug. “I want you Andy. Do you hear me?”

 

Andy gasped audibly from the hug, trembling slightly from the contact. “H-hyung”

 

“I’m sorry” Eric said against Andy’s neck. “ I should have followed you. I should have pursued you. I should have. There’s no excuse. I’m a terrible person”

 

“Stop it, please” Andy pleaded as he wiggled underneath him, appearing torn between pushing Eric away or keep him close and never letting go. “You should let me go. I’m-“

 

Eric silenced Andy with a kiss. “I love you” Eric said as he pulled back, looking Andy straight in the eyes.

 

“I love you” Eric repeated, the words rolling effortlessly off his tongue. “ I never stopped thinking about you all those years. It hurt, being separated from you. You are my everything”

 

“And you don’t need to be perfect to be mine.” Eric said, gently cupping the side of Andy’s face, tenderly brushing away the tears with his thumb. “I want someone natural. Someone real. Someone genuine. And you are all those things and more”

 

“Hyung..” Andy choked. “Hyung really mean that?”

 

“Yes, And I’m going to show you how beautiful you really are” Eric said as he wrapped his arms around Andy again and pulled them both into a sitting position. Eric pressed his lips gently on Andy’s. Eric bite Andy’s lower lips and earned a soft moan from the younger man. Eric took that chance to slide his tongue, exploring Andy mouth. After a while, they both pulled back because the lack of oxygen. “I missed you so bad” Eric whispered softly into Andy’s ear.

 

Andy nuzzled his face against Eric’s chest, wrapped his arms around Eric. “I missed you too” he replied.

 

And Eric was going to show, to prove to Andy just how much he really missed the man.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the late update. And guess what? The next chapter will be rated chapter. I dont know why, but I'm so excited. Hahaha XD. Who is excited just like me? Anyway, enjoy okay? :D. Don't forget to comment