Chapter 2

Second Chance

Andy hoped that he could avoid Eric while he worked on the landscaping, even though a small part in him was happy to see Eric again. Happy to be in his presence again, even though it reminded him constantly of what they had once been. And made him longed for Eric more and more.

 

But, Andy told himself, it was Eric’s own good that he left. It was for his sake.

 

Sorting through the paperwork before him, finalizing a few things and making a few minor adjustments. But he still found that his mind kept drifting back to Eric, no matter how hard he tried to distract himself. Even though they had seen each other, they barely spoken anymore after that terse exchange back in the office three days ago.

 

Andy wasn’t the brightest light on the Christmas tree, he knew that Eric was mad at him. No, not mad; bitter and resentful was probably more accurate.

 

Not that he could blame Eric. Andy has his reasons to left Eric, not that he could tell him though. He promised he wouldn’t.

 

Suddenly, the door of his office opened and Eric walked in, his business jacket under his arm and the sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows. His hair was slightly messy, a bored expression on his face.

 

Andy couldn’t help but stared at him. Yeah, he was so handsome as ever.

 

 Andy snapped out of it when Eric turned to look at him, his once black peaceful eyes now fierce and sharp.

 

“Why aren’t you working outside?” Eric abruptly asked him as he ventured further into the office.

 

“I’m just finalizing few things” Andy said as he turned back to the desk his work was on, keeping his back to Eric.

 

“Hmm” was Eric’s only reply

 

Well, this was awkward. Far more than Andy thought it will be.

 

“So, ah, how have you been, Eric err Hyung?”

 

“Woah, I’ve waited for you to call me that. And finally you said that. Hmm well…” Eric said as he loosened his tie and took a seat in one of the plush coffee chairs. “….I’m not married.” Eric finished his sentence.

 

“O-oh” Andy mumbled, curling his hands into fists on the table before him in effort to hide how nervous he was, to hide his trembling hands. “Well, that’s a shame” Andy continued.

 

“I’m wary of marriage” came Eric terse reply.

 

That stung more than it probably should have. Andy had prepared himself with the possibility that Eric might have moved on. Sure it would have hurt like hell to see him happy with someone else, see him marry someone far more suited than himself. But to know that Eric was wary of marriage? He wasn’t expecting that.

 

“Well, you at least have a lover, right?” Andy asked as he shuffles the papers in attempt to keep his hands busy. “ A man like you must be fending them off with a stick.”

 

However, there was a short growl from Eric’s direction. “Are you mocking me?” Eric asked.

 

“What?” Andy breathed as he abruptly turned to faced Eric. “I’m trying to be friendly. It’s been six years, Hyung.”

 

Eric slowly got up from his seat, loosening his tie completely and throwing it to the side, “You think I don’t know that?” Eric said

 

Andy felt nervous when it appeared that Eric was walked towards him. Andy shook his head and turned back to his desk, showing his back again to Eric. His heart unexpectedly skipped a beat.

 

Eric suddenly spun Andy around so that they were face to face. Andy’s eyes were in surprise to Eric sudden movement. Eric was staring at him, his eyes slowly taking in his features, almost as if he needed to be reminded of who he was.

 

“You haven’t changed a bit” Eric said after a moment.

 

Andy swallowed thickly in an attempt to ease his rapidly beating heart. He however, managed to frown lightly and tug his arm out of Eric’s grip. “But you have” said Andy.

 

“Is it surprising?” Eric asked him as he tried kept the distance between them. But Andy was trapped between Eric and his desk.

 

Well, not really a surprise for Andy to see the changed in Eric. Andy also must be the same thing if he was in Eric’s shoes.

 

But honestly, a man like Eric should have gotten over someone ordinary like Andy. Eric, he was the son of a billionaire; he had the world at his feet. He could do anything, have anything, have anyone. He was handsome, popular and well-liked and respected by the locals.

And Andy? Well, he was no one special. Never had been. Never will be.

 

But standing here, with Eric so close to him, it was hard for Andy not to close the distance between them. Andy just wanted to hug Eric tightly at this moment. Like they had done many times in the past. Oh, how he longed for Eric’s touch, to feel Eric’s body next to his for the past six years. It was hard. Very hard for Andy.

 

He had to go. He had to get away from Eric before he did something stupid.

 

“I have to get back to work” Andy said as calmly as he could. He stepped away from Eric.

 

But Eric took hold of his shoulder, bringing him even closer. “Are you running away from me again?” Eric said. Andy can sense the sadness in Eric’s voice. It breaks his heart. But then Eric narrowed his eyes in a fearsome manner.

 

Andy did his best to hide a shiver from Eric’s intense gaze and drew in a deep breath. “ Let me go, Hyung” Andy said firmly.

 

Eric said nothing as he stared at him with all-knowing eyes, his lips pressed firmly together, in a frown Andy unable to look into his eyes anymore, so he looked away. Andy couldn’t look at his face, because it would bring back the bittersweet memories.

 

Finally, Eric loosened his grip on Andy’s shoulder and Andy took his opportunity to get from his office. So, yeah it looked like he was running away from Eric.

 

Turning a corner on his journey to head outside to be with other crew as they worked on the landscape garden. Andy suddenly found himself locking gazes with a familiar woman. Blonde long, straight hair, and her brown eyes narrowed in disbelief and irritation.Andy really hoped he didn’t met this woman again. She was the one and only reason why he left Eric.

 

“…” Andy cursed.

 

“What are you doing here” She practically hissed at Andy as Andy paused in his movement.

 

She was Eric’s sister, Mun Jiyeon

 

Andy had never gotten along with her, even before he started dating Eric. She was downright possessive and over protective sister. But she had every right to be protective to Eric, he was a great man who deserved better.

 

“Do I have to remind you of your place again?” Jiyeon asked him rudely.

 

Andy knew his place well; he wasn’t anyone special. He was just average guy. He didn’t belong in Eric’s refined world.

 

There was no way they could have a future together.

 

Seemingly annoyed with Andy lack of response, Jiyeon spoke again, her tone as accusing as always. “ Are you here to cause trouble for my brother again?”

 

“What?” Andy recoiled in shocked before he shook his head. “No, I’m just work for him now.”

 

“I see” Jiyeon murmured as she narrowed his sharp eyes “ You better behave yourself. I don’t want you to ruining things for him again.”

 

Andy visibly winced. It was true. He was always ruining things. “ I won’t. You don’t have to worry about that”

 

“See that you really don’t” Jiyeon was quick to retort before she continued walking. Brushing past him without a second glance. But she wasn’t finished speaking yet. “ Honestly, I don’t know how you manage to get hired in the first place. A person like you, well, youre worthless. You don’t deserve this kind of opportunity. Really, Eric Oppa should just get someone who is more qualified than you are”

 

Again. Andy winced and curled his hand into fist. Though the words were true, It doesn’t mean that they didn’t hurt. But, he deserved it. “ I understand” Andy said softly. “I’ll stay out of Eric’s way”

 

“Good” Jiyeon say. “ Eric Oppa has a new life now. One without you. Make sure it stays that way”

 

Jiyeon didn’t wait for a response. She just walked away, leaving Andy alone and dejected in the empty hallway.

 

“….Sure” Andy said even though he know that he was alone.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I will make triple update today? hehe.. anyway here is chapter 2.. please give me your feedback :)