Chapter 5

Second Chance

Andy was feeling stressed. Tired and frazzled probably were more accurate description of what he was feeling right now.

 

Four days had passed since the first vandal incident and two more incidents have occurred, both at night. The security detail that Eric hired had recently been doubled and Andy was being escorted wherever he went. The security guards were everywhere and no matter what he did, he couldn’t avoid them. He hadn’t left the hotel grounds for those four days as his truck was still under police possession.

 

And besides, even if he did have his truck, Eric wasn’t letting him go anywhere.

 

A selfish part of Andy’s liked the attention he was getting from Eric.

 

Andy was trying despite the obstacle, to get the garden done on time, and somehow he was succeeding. The job was almost completed, only a few minor things to do.

 

It was nearly over.

 

But apparently, Andy found himself being confronted by Jiyeon again. Jiyeon was yet another thing on the long list that was causing stress to Andy. She had also being a constant presence at the hotel. While he had been able to ignore the security guards the best that he could, but Jiyeon could not and would not be able to ignore.

 

With her eyes narrowed in a look of agitation, Jiyeon asked “Why are you still here?”

 

Looking up, Andy did his best to hide his frustration and fatigue. It was late in the afternoon, sunset only minutes away. All he wanted was to go back into his room uninterrupted, have a shower and go to bed so he could be up bright and early the next morning to finish off the landscaping project. Was that all too much to ask?

 

Of course it was.

 

“The project isn’t finished yet” Andy answered simply.

 

Although the answer as simple and true, but Jiyeon didn’t look pleased at all. She rolled her eyes and looked at Andy. “I don’t see the point of finishing it when we’ll just can get someone more specialized in the area to redo it”

 

A feeling of defensiveness and professional pride came over to Andy and he gave her a disapproving frown. “Grandeur Garden Designs is a specialized organization” Andy stated firmly. “We take great pride in what we do and we do it well”

 

“And you?”

 

Andy stiffened slightly “ I always give my best on my work”

 

Jiyeon outright snorted at Andy’s words and folded her arms under he bust, continuing to look at him with. “Not even your best is good enough”

 

Andy winced slightly. He, however quickly recovered and managed to plaster a blank expression on his face.

 

“Look, can you just leave?” Jiyeon snapped at him, unfolding her arms and glared at Andy. Clearly, she was frustrated and utterly annoyed with his simple presence. “It’s hard enough for Eric oppa that you’re hanging around here, causing trouble, not only to him but to the hotel as well. I heard what happened. It seems like your fault that those vandals keep attacking”

 

Andy was annoyed, tired and stressed enough. He didn’t want to deal with this conversation any longer. He had important things to do, like finishing the garden and got out of Jeju as soon as possible.

 

“Jiyeon-ah, as soon as this project finish, I’ll be out of here. I promise you” Andy said. “I’ll be out of Eric’s life. I know that my leaving was for his benefit. You don’t have to worry. Just like what I said before, I definitely know where is my place”

 

Yeah, he know his place very well.

 

“Humph” Jiyeon huffed and again she didn’t looked pleased with what Andy said.

 

“Well, hurry up and finish your little garden and get your out off this island” she demanded.

 

“I know that” Andy snapped, slightly increased the volume of his voice. “You don’t have to keep reminding me the same thing all the time. I’m sick of it. Cant you just leave me alone? I told you that I’ll be gone once I’m done. WHICH PART OF THE SENTENCE THAT YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND? WANT ME TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU?”

 

A look of complete surprised appeared on Jiyeon’s face. She never expected the guy infront of him dared to yell at her.

 

“…I have to go” Andy said again, after calmed himself up. He turned around and started to walk toward his room. He had to get away, from her, from Jeju and from Eric.

 

A hand suddenly grabbed Andy by the arm and he automatically stopped walking. He then found himself face to face with Eric and he felt his heart just about to stop. Eric was looking at him with an emotion that Andy couldn’t describe.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Eric held him still, looking straight in Andy’s eyes. “What do you mean by my benefit?”

 

Andy widen his eyes and his breath hitched in his throat. “W-What?”

 

“Why did you leave me before?” Eric asked Andy suddenly, tightening his grip on his arms. “Tell me Andy, I deserve to know”

 

Andy could do nothing but stared into Eric’s eyes, his heart thundering in his chest “H-hyung…”

 

“Six years, Andy. Six years I’ve waited for you. Waited for you to come back to me, waited for you to explained everything to me” Eric said, a hint of distress etching its way into his voice. “It’s been six years and I still don’t know why you left me. Why did you this to me? Please Andy, tell me”

 

Andy lowered his gaze, looking at anything and everything but not Eric. “It was for the best”

 

“How is it for the best?” Eric demanded, giving Andy a shake in his grip, letting go one of his hand to grab Andy by the chin, forcing Andy to look at him. But Andy squeezed his eyes shut, refused to look at Eric.

 

“Andy, look at me” Eric practically growled.

 

“It was for you”Andy finally exploded, pushing Eric away by placing his hand on Eric’s chest and shoving him hard. “It was for your own sake! Why don’t you get it?”

 

“What?” Eric uttered. Andy shook his head and just run away from Eric. “ANDY!”

 

Andy was running away. Running away with tears flowing from his eyes and a sob in his throat. He didn’t know where he was going nor did he even care about it. For heaven’s sake, he wasn’t a teenage anymore. He was 32 years old and a professional Landscape Designer and yet here he was, running while crying his eyes out.

 

He couldn’t do it anymore. The stress of being constantly on the edge, the knowledge that he caused so much pain, it was too much. He should never have returned to this Island

 

With his chest hurting and his breathing ragged, Andy slowed to a jog before stopping completely, leaning forward and resting his hands on his knees as he tried to get his breathing under control. He stayed like that for a few moments before he finally straightened his form, rubbing an angry hand over his face to banish the evidence of tears and looked around. He was in the car park at the back of the hotel, the same place where his truck was vandalized.

 

A sense of terror touched him when he heard a noise, like the sound of car door being slammed shut. Andy turned around, only to realize that there were three tall, scary with muscular body walking over to him in an intimidating way. And in their hands they had a few items that could only be used to caused damaged; baseball bats, steel poles, planks of wood.

 

“Isn’t that the guy?” one of them muttered lowly, but his voice seemed to echo ominously.

 

The tallest of three pulled something out of his pocket; a photograph from what Andy could tell and held it up, flicking a lighter to create a tiny source of light. He squinted at the photo before looking directly at Andy and then back at the photo.

 

“Yeah, that’s him”

 

.

 

Just his luck. These three appear to be the vandals that had been terrorizing the place for the last working week.

 

As the men approached him, all three of them intent on causing him as much harm as possible, Andy couldn’t help but to allow two thoughts to float through his mind. One was that maybe this is just his unfortunate luck.

 

And the second one, Andy was hoping that maybe someone could be bothered to help him. Someone like Eric, perhaps?

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this chapter. I dont know what I writing about XD. Just bear with me, okay??