Memory

Why Are You So Obsessed With Me ?
 

 

After being kidnapped by an unknown man who also possessed a wings, Sumi was expecting a chaotic news from the TV her kidnapper was watching, but there was nothing like it.

"Haha..." the man chuckled.

"What's happened? Why isn’t anyone panicking?" Sumi asked curiously. The man toned down the volume and turned to her,

"Because humans are weak-minded." he said, so simple and gentle, yet it felt deadly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"They only see what they want to see," the kidnapper chuckled in his throat again. "They see only what they want to see. They don't see me flying out of the window with you, they don't see any winged-man."

"What?"

"They only see a girl's apartment busting into flame. That's the natural result when your gassing system failed."

"What?"

"Humans. Hahaha... Fragile."

"You mean no one knows I've been kidnapped?!"

"Pretty much what I meant."

"And what about Tao?! He saw us! He'll come for me!"

"Tao is also a human now, isn't he?" the man smirked mysteriously. Only at that moment that Sumi convinced herself to believe Tao was not a human and he would come soon. 

"He isn't." she smirked back. "Because if he were, I would not be here right now. You wouldn't want me."

"Aha... I've met a clever mortal here~ well, let's wait and see then."

Tao woke up to find himself in the hospital. He removed the oxygen mask from his face and sat up with confusion. How did he end up here?

"How are you feeling?" a doctor approached. He placed his hand on Tao's forehead and started to feel the heat. "Experience any dizziness or desire to vomit?"

"No." Tao shook his head and pushed the doctor's hand away. "Why am I here?"

"Your apartment was on fire. Luckily the rescue team got you out in time or else you'll be toasted by now."

"Fire?" Tao's head suddenly started pounding rapidly when he heard the word. His hands started shaking and images of something kept popping into his mind.

Wings... Tao slipped his hands down his back and felt the wounds. His missing wings.

After filling some paperwork, Tao could peacefully get out of the hospital. He walked slowly and slowly as if something was bothering his mind. And yes, there was something. He couldn't seem to recall what happened to him, but he knew he was missing a piece to everything there. He arrived back to the burnt apartment and went inside. Everything was black and covered in ash. Tao touched the wall, the counter, and the broken pieces of everything and yet he couldn't seem to recall his own memory. He slowly slipped himself down against the door and sat there quietly. How did he find this place, anyway?

He asked himself. 

The image of him walking around the house with a mug full of hot chocolate in his hand caused him to think. The image of him smiling and looking side-eye toward the corner of the room triggered his mind. He started to feel like he was missing something very important and his left chest started to hurt him. Tao placed his hand on his heart and noticed something was in his jacket pocket all along. He took it out and it was a book—a diary in exact.

He read the very first entry and dropped the book in horror the next minute. He gasped for air and tried his best not to cry out loud.

It was her.

He remembered now. It's her, the girl he was given the second chance to protect but failed miserably again.

"Tao!! Can you hear me!?" Kris's voice finally made it into Tao's head after countless try. "Tao?! If you hear me, answer immediately!"

 

"Kris..." Tao called and a drop of tear rolled down his cheek from the corner of his sharp eyes.

"Thanks god! You finally hear me! What are you still doing there? Go and find her!"

"Kris..."

"What is it?!"

"Kevin..." this time as soon as Tao called, Kris froze in his spot. “Kevin Li...."

"Shut up, Tao!!!"

"Kevin Li, I'm so sorry..." with that, Tao broke down crying like a child who lost his mother. Kris no longer talked, perhaps he was trying to retain his angel reputation for never crying or be mad.

Tao cried for a really big while until his tears all drained out of his body, so was his soul. He didn't remember everything, but he knew he remember Sumi and how he ended up here today.

It was a clear morning on that day...

(5 years ago)

Edison sat at his table with his math book and pencil. He solved problems like playing game. He was the only one to know mathematics like knowing himself. And thus, he got bored. He was never the type to stick to something for very long, and that was when he caught her in the corner of his eyes. She was sitting under a big tree and next to her was another guy. He seemed to be asleep, as she was writing something down. When she finished, she smiled—the kind of smile that pulled Edison deeply into her, a smile that Edison declared he wanted to be the reason behind it.

And ever since that day onward, Edison introduced himself as Tao and got a step closer to the couple—being their friend.