He who got away

Why Are You So Obsessed With Me ?

In Heaven – JYJ


 

"You're saying you're an angel?" Sumi smirked mysteriously. "Then I'm a goddess."

"Pff."

"What?"

"Look, you asked me who I—"

"What."

"-_- okay. You asked me what I was, I answered. Whether you want to believe me or not is not my concern anymore. My first priority right now is to go back to my heaven."

"What does it take for that? Do I have to kill you or something?"

"You need to tell me you love me."

"Do I look that dumb in your eyes?"

"Just say it. You don't have to mean it."

"Hmm~" Sumi nodded and moved a bit away from where she was sitting before because it was too close to Tao. She had no idea they leaned into each other closer and closer like that. "I love you." she said. Tao grinned and jumped up in joy.

"Thank you, thank you! You're like almost the best!!"

"Whatever."

"Eh?"

"What?"

"I…" Tao narrowed his brows together as he's waiting for his wings to come back to him but nothing happened. "My wings… they're not here…" 

Sumi sighed out of sympathy. She tugged Tao to sit down again and gently patted him on his head. "Do you know why?"

"Why?"

 "Because you're an idiot and a damn awful liar!!"

" >_< "

"If you want to leave, don't forget to lock the door for me. I'm going."

"Where are you going?"

"Why do I need to tell you?"

"Wait,"

"Don't burn the house down."

"Hey!" Sumi shut the door in Tao's face. Tao sighed and went to the window to watch her running toward a direction. "She'll get herself into accident if she keeps on running toward cars like this." he commented and quickly ran out of the house in order to keep an eye on her. His guardian instinct got the better of him again.

Tao followed Sumi in secret. Sumi stopped by a flower shop and bought three white roses then she continued on her way toward somewhere. She walked in slow pace and it was quite a while before she stopped in front of a gate. Tao looked up to see the name of the place — The Cemetery. Sumi entered the place while Tao was struggling to decide between going after her or letting her have her private moment with whoever in the place — dead or alive.

"Just stay here, Tao. You don't want to be called a stalker too." Tao mumbled and decided to just wait. However, it seemed like Sumi had been in there for almost 3 hours and did not seem to come out in any moment soon. Curiosity won over, Tao entered the place too. He looked around for the familiar figure until he spotted her lying on the grass, face down. Her shoulders were moving up and down, and there was a distant sound of sobbing. Tao opened his eyes widely at the thought that Sumi had been crying in here for the past hours.

He went to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. Sumi looked up and the doubt Tao had earlier was answered. She did cry.

"Why are you here?" Sumi asked. Her voice broke and came out weak. With her puffy eyes, Tao couldn't help but felt the sympathy and wonder who that person might be, how important person is to her.

"Why are you crying?" Tao whispered the question.

"I asked you first."

"I need to know your answer more than you need to know mine." He tried to argue. Sumi did not say anymore and just stood up from the grass, quietly tidied herself up again.

"I'm going home."

"Why are you always running away?"

"I'm not running."

"You're running away. From the fact"

"What fact?"

"The answer to my question. You don't want to answer it because you want to forget, you want to run away from it. Your answer is a fact to your miserable life and you don't want to accept it."

"Is it so wrong that I want to escape reality and all this pain? You don't know a thing about me."

"You bet I don't."

"Just get lost from my face."

"I'd love to, but I can't. You have no idea about me too, Sumi. I hate every second I wasted here talking to you about some dead person." 

"You don't talk about him like that!!" Sumi yelled with a red face. Tao did not even budge or feel bad about what he said. After all, he had no heart to feel neither love nor pain that came from love itself. "You don't talk about him like that…"

"Why can't I? It's my mouth."

"Keep your mouth shut if you won't leave me alone."

"Where do you want me to go?"

"Somewhere!"

"I can't. I'm stuck with you."

"What makes you so obsessed with me?"

"You."  

"………" Tao's reply made Sumi muted. She looked at him and waited for his 'I'm just kidding' but there was never that came.

"Look, don't—"

"No no, don't explain anything."

"I didn't mean to frighten you."

"You already did. You followed me with shirt soaked with blood, you were out in the middle of the night, you stepped into my house without any fear… you scared me enough." 

"I need something from you, I already told you that. I don't care if you believe me or not, but just let me stay around for a few more days. I'll figure things out on my own. If you don't mind..."

"As long as you stop saying things about him," Sumi raised her condition and pointed to the tombstone. "I’m fine."  Tao glanced over and spotted that the picture that was engraved on the stone was taped over with black cloth. He knew immediately that this girl standing in front of him didn't want to see 'his' face when she visited. Tao looked at the name and secretly tried to remember it.

Kevin Li.

"Sure, I'll stop." he murmured. Sumi nodded calmly and turned to leave.

"Let's go. I'll take you around the block to see the neighborhood when we get back." Tao followed. Both of them walked back to the road and waited for a passing cap but only then did Sumi noticed she was being watched the whole time. A group of 3 people made their way toward both Tao and Sumi.

"No…"

"What's wrong?" Tao asked but Sumi didn't answer. "Who are they? Why do you look so scared of them? They're just walking."  

"Shut up!" Sumi hissed. Tao looked up at the group and one of the men smirked.

"Well, isn't this the heartbroken girlfriend?" they chuckled with ill-mannered attitude. Sumi wanted to turn away and leave but Tao pulled her back as he was giving the men his angelic dead glare.

"What's you guys problem?" Tao asked.

"We have nothing to do with you, young man. Go do your thing."

"She is my thing." Tao answered and grabbed tighter onto Sumi's wrist. She winced to herself but dared not to make a sound or look up. "You want to cause a problem with her, you'll have to go through me." Tao announced as he took a step forward but Sumi pulled him back.

"We don't fight girl." Another one of the men smirked. "We already got what we wanted with her."

"What did you mean by that?"

"Haha! You don't know?"

"No, I don't— hey, what did he mean by that?" Tao turned to ask Sumi but she just shook her head and dragged him out of the place.

"Say hello to Kevin for us~ hahaha!" the three men's laugh grew further and further until it couldn't be heard anymore.

Sumi pushed Tao into the cab and told the driver to drive back to the city. It was a quiet ride as none of them talked. Tao wanted to ask but on second thought, 'her' expression just told him no. As soon as they got back to the apartment, Sumi just paid the cap driver and ran into her apartment and went directly to her room. Tao quickly followed but only to got stopped by her wailing again. He pressed himself at the door as he listened. She cried and it was the thing that made Tao came to a conclusion — she must have been in great pain and it was clear that those guys earlier had something to do with her pain.

And Tao wanted to know what it was.