I Forgive You

Why Are You So Obsessed With Me ?

Pixie Lott - Broken Arrow


[Sumi's POV]

Edison kept on kneeling. I slowly made my way to him and kneeled down as well. I showed him my hands that were all tied up and he quickly untied it without a word.

"Thanks." I said almost as a whisper. I hope he didn't notice how my voice sounded like tremble.

"It's okay," he murmured.

After that, no one said a word again. It started to rain and the sound of raindrops falling onto the glass roof created a sound of loneliness. Edison tears tried to win the amount of the rain; he wouldn't stop crying even if he wanted to. And me, I didn't shed a drop. I just felt empty and there wasn't anything that would make me cry right now. I tried to look firm and strong. I sat myself down across the room and watched the rain with no expression on my face. Edison couldn't tell what I'm thinking; maybe I'm sad or mad. He wouldn't know. He never would.

He wanted to go to me and tell me everything but judging to the fact of how calm I was after hearing what he said to Sehun, he thought maybe I knew already. Perhaps Sehun had told me enough to make me understand. But he was wrong. Sehun didn't say a word to me. I didn't know anything, but I did remember our friendship even 5 painful years had passed and how much he had changed.

Tao stood up and exited the floor. I quietly followed. He went back to the burnt apartment and stayed in there, recalling those memories yet again. He kept asking himself about what if questions. What if he hadn't hired people to hurt Kevin that day? What if being friend with me was all he needed? What if he didn't let his jealousy to take over? How would the 4 of us ended up now? I imagined a world of laughter and rainbow colors, a world where all of us ended up with the people we loved and lived happily. How nice would it be?

I bet Edison was thinking of that right now. He was always the predictable one. He and I seemed to have similar method of thinking because we would always end up finishing each other sentences or starting it. We were happy; if only he hadn't had another intention.

"Tao," I call him when he seemed to start crying again. I reached out my hand to him with a forceful smile. I shouldn't blame him on everything; maybe I should put myself in his shoe and see for myself as well. Maybe I would do worse if I were him; after all I'm also a jealous type.

Edison took my hand and that's when I took note on how cold his hand was. I never paid any attention to him. When I first saw him at the hospital, I couldn't recognize him at all. When he followed me to the cemetery, I had a strange feeling but I ignored it. Only when he said something at Suho's hospital that I realized I've been living blindly with the memory of Kevin. I didn't see the dead Edison standing in front of me asking for help, I only saw the stranger named Tao who claimed himself as an angel. Maybe if I had opened my eyes and actually looked at the world with a different perspective, I would have lived a little better than right now. Maybe if I hadn't spent the past 5 years blaming Edison, he would have been unleashed from his punishment right now. Maybe, after all, how I ended up here today was because of me myself and not anyone else. Not Edison, not Kevin, not Tao. It was always me.

"I'm sorry..." he said to me with hoarse tone. My tears start rushing down because of how he sounded right now. He sounded like he's going to bust into sea foam like the little mermaid if I won't forgive him. It breaks my heart how we end up saying nothing but sorry to each other.

"Edison," I called and he looked up at me. He looked as if his whole life is going to run out of light if I saysomething harsh—he looked too fragile right at that moment. Too human. "Tao, I forgive you." as soon as I said that, he winced and bright light shone on us. The rain stopped and I did not want to trust my eyes at that moment. I saw my brother Suho as well as Kevin. Right in front of my eyes, they both stood there side by side with bright smile. My brother looked as happy as I remember him to be.

And then there’s Kevin... my Kris. His hair now became blonde and nicely pushed back. He also had that bright smile on his face, it was so beautiful.

Both men had something on their forearms, like some kind of tattoo or maybe a sign to distinguish their rank, I'm not sure but they both look happy and that made me even happier.   

"Brother..." that's all that managed to escape my mouth. Suho smiled but he did not come close. Kevin helped Tao up and sprayed something on him. A pair of wings sprouted on the back of Tao; the parts where blood kept bleeding out. Soon, Tao no longer had that tired eye bag and his hair changed from black to caramel brown. A halo appeared on top of his head and stayed there no matter how he moved. Tao hugged Suho tightly then went to Kris.

"Son," a voice was heard. I can also hear it. It's deep and very majestic that made Tao jumped a bit in surprise. "Welcome back to Eden."

Tao smiled happily. The light started to fade and the visibility of my man followed. A millisecond later and I could no longer see anyone. I rubbed my eyes over and over again and hoped my eye sight just betrayed me but it was not. They were gone. Just like that.

I wanted to just slam myself against the wall and die so that I could follow them to heaven but the idea of forgetting them on my way scared me to death itself. I wanted to just scream and cry but there's nothing coming out. It was empty on the inside. I felt blank. I was relieved because I could finally forgive Edison or Tao but could I even forgive myself out of all the people?

I was left sitting there by myself in the almost burnt down apartment, all alone and depressed. I don't even know what to do next. Should I get up and start redecorating the house or should I just sit there until one of them come back?

I don't know how long it had passed, when I moved my hand away, I spotted a small white note lying on the floor. I picked it up and it says 21 December 3pm @ Angel Cafe. I remember this handwriting. I remember this style of leaving note; I remember the person!

"Kris..." I called his name.

~~~

Luhan looked at Suho with a playful smirk. Suho just shrugged and smiled back.

"Her brother is an angel of miracle after all." Luhan commented.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sad to say this, but next chapter will be the final. :'D How will they end up? Please anticipate~

Happy Valentine's Day in advance <3