Prologue

Why Are You So Obsessed With Me ?

Almost Paradise - EXO


The morning sun shone brightly into the room, through the thin curtain and opened window, waking up the sleepyhead to start her new day. Being as lazy as anyone else is in the early morning, she rolled over to the other side to escape the sunlight.

Sumi ran out of the house and headed to the elevator. She pressed the button and tapped her shoes impatiently while waiting, but she soon remembered something that made her run back to her apartment so quickly.

She forgot to lock the door.

"Aish!" she pulled her hair out and locked the door before she ran to the elevator again. At the time, the door opened and she got inside with heavy breath. Sumi stole a quick glance at the man who shared the same ride with her, and noticed he had already looked her way.

"What?"

"Nothing." the man chuckled, shaking his head.

"What is it? Do I know you?"

"I don't know. Do you? 'Cause I clearly don't know anyone who would wear slippers out in the winter like this." The man chuckled again and glanced down at Sumi's shoes. She followed his gaze and saw her toes through the flip flop. She closed her eyes and mentally killing herself for her unprepared morning.

Every morning. 

Sumi is a girl in her mid-twenties. She has a really lean figure that turns heads her ways anywhere she goes. She has long and straight black hair, with round eyes and plum pink lips. She is tall compare to other girls in the neighborhood, but that's not really a disadvantage cause let's face it together; tall girls are hot and desirable.

Ding!

The door opened and the man walked out. "Oh, Sumi~" he called. Sumi looked up in puzzlement. He knew her name? "I live next door." he winked and made his exit with that.

"Neighbor? That explains the similar feeling." Sumi mumbled and shrugged. She pressed her floor number and waited, then when it brought her up again, she quickly ran to her apartment for the second time and quickly unlocked the door, changed her shoes to a more comfortable and suitable for the weather one and left again.

"Hahaha!" Tao laughed and rubbed his stomach repeatedly. "She's so stupid, it's amusing!! Hahaha!!"

"Shut up, you're annoying me." Luhan lazily mumbled as he's watching over his human living her daily life. 

"How did my laugh annoy you? I laugh all the time."

"That's why you're annoying all the time."

"I am not!"

"I'm not falling for this argument again."

"Talk to me! Since when have I annoyed you? Come on!" Tao stood up and dragged Luhan to his side.

"Yah yah yah! Aish! Yah, watch it! You're pulling my wing!"

"Oh! I'm sorry!"

"Ow! It hurts, man!!"

"I'm so sorry! It was an accident."

"Whatever. Just go awa—"

Sound of tires screeching followed by a loud thud was heard. Both Tao and Luhan froze at the spot, blinking at each other and nervously trying to elaborate the fact that someone just got hurt.

"Was it…"

"…mine or yours…?" 

Both guardians turned at the same time to look at the human world, to see whose human just got into the accident in this early morning. Turned out it was Tao's. Yup! Sumi was hit by a car and now she's unconsciously lying on the ground with people gathered around her.

"Arg!!" Tao suddenly fell to the floor and grabbed onto his left chest hardly. "Lu…Luhan…"

"Tao!" Luhan bended down quickly but got pushed back by an invisible field that surrounded Tao.

"What the—"

"You have one job, Tao." Kris's raging voice echoed the whole place. He landed, his wings spread widely behind his back. It was so beautiful but Tao had no time to appreciate it. "They gave you a job and you messed it up. Now what do you want me to do?"

"I'm… arg! I'm sorry…"

"The Dominions just summoned me. What do you want me to tell them?"

"I'll make it up for them. I'll make sure she won't die before her time comes. Please help me; my whole body is in pain!"

"I can't help you even if I want to. That force field is there for a reason — a punishment The Powers put out." 

"Kris," Luhan quietly called. Kris turned and showed Luhan his expressionless face. "Please help him; just this once."

"I have to, anyway. I owed him that much." Kris murmured unclearly. He looked at Tao and sighed. "I'll go talk to The Thrones. Hang in there, Tao. I need 5 minutes or less." Kris told and flew off.

Tao waited. Luhan waited. Each passing minute sure felt like hell for Tao, and Luhan who was watching couldn't breathe normally as well. After a moment, Kris came back with even darker expression.

"How was it going??" Luhan quickly asked. Kris shook his head and stared up at the two angels who followed him by the God's order. "What is it? Why are The Powers here??" Luhan asked. The two angels were those in sixth highest rank among all angels and guardians of the nine ranks, and they were the only group of white angels to wear black. Why? Because they were the one who would carry out all punishments the God had for angels and guardians who had done wrong. 

…and today, unfortunately, it's Tao.

"Go on, Kris. We don't have all day." one of the two cleared his throat. Kris gritted his teeth, clenched his fists and slowly started making his way toward the struggling Tao.

"Kris, what do they want you to do??" Luhan asked but there's no use. Kris wouldn't say anything. The two angels landed next to Tao and carried him up, turned his back to face the Archangel. 

Kris slowly reached out to Tao's wings and gently caressed them. "All you need is one sentence from her." he whispered and with all his strength, he stripped Tao's wings out.

"ARRRGGGG!!!" Tao's cry echoed the whole heaven.

 

 

Note:

- Thrones:  3rd rank, the angels of pure Humility, Peace and Submission. All lower angels need them to access God.

- Dominions: 4th rank, the angel of Leadership. They regulate the duties of the angels, making known the commands of God.

-Powers: 6th rank, they are Warrior Angels.

-Archangel: 8th rank, they are known as "chief or leading angel".

-Angels: 9th (lowest: guardians, messengers...etc.) rank. They do job closely with humans rather than with other angels.