Mr. Right

You're My XOXO

Hunhan and a bit of Krishan in Luhan's POV.

I woke up early at five, tumbling out of bed and trying not to wake the tall man next to me.

My heart thumped excitedly and adrenaline rushed through my veins, even at this time in the morning; and I was never a morning person. The date—no, the meeting, it was simply a rendezvous—was at noon. I couldn't stop smiling, for some reason, as I brushed my teeth and stepped into the shower. 

Freezing water poured down at first, and when I frantically turned the knob, scalding water burned my back. I yelped in pain, but then I laughed loudly at myself as I adjusted the temperature. I just felt so ecstatic, as if someone had injected me with happy juice today...today felt amazing.

I was going to see Sehun!

It had been so long.

We were to meet at our favorite bubble tea cafe, a small one tucked in a corner of the street across from the park. The place was like a hidden treasure: no one knew about it, but it made the best teas I'd ever tasted. And it was our secret, our private hideout where we could talk to each other about anything. Sehun had always been there for me, my confidant the moment we'd met. He'd helped me through everything I'd ever been through.

The smile was bright on my face as I fussed over what to wear, and whether I should eat breakfast or not. I pulled on a denim shirt over a white v-neck and fit myself into tan skinny jeans, a casual outfit, and decided to eat; Sehun would've liked me being healthy.

Now don't get me wrong; Sehun was not my boyfriend. I certainly don't like him...in that way, I mean. Well, I was gay; I had a boyfriend, Yifan, who I shared an apartment with. He liked to be known as Kris.

But I'd had many boyfriends before him, and Sehun would always be there for all my breakups and heartbroken stories. He would sit in the cafe at our regular table by the window with me, holding and comforting me even though I was his senior. He would say soothingly, my hair and ignoring looks from passerby, it's alright, he was a douche, you'll find your Mr. Right.

Yet I loved Sehun. I will admit that. I loved him in a way I couldn't love any of my boyfriends. He was my best friend. And with him and a large cup of iced bubble tea, all my problems could be solved.

I loved Yifan, this I knew, but I hadn't seen Sehun in months. I'd gone to China with Yifan for awhile, and right when we returned to Korea, Sehun had gone to the other side of Korea to care for his ailing grandparents. We'd called and texted each other everyday. Yifan didn't like it, but he knew how much the-boy-Lu-shares-bubble-tea-with mattered.

 

On one of these days Sehun told me over the phone, "Grandma asked me today, 'Isn't that kind, adorable Luhan boy your boyfriend?'"

I had replied, confused. "I'm not, though."

Sehun laughed, a little nervously. I smiled, even though he couldn't see me; his laugh always made me feel happier. "Exactly. But Grandma was so desperate to hear that I was in a relationship. She knew I liked...um...men. So she had those pleading eyes, and I didn't know what to tell her! So I told her, 'yes he is'. Just really fast."

For some reason, upon hearing that my heart gave a nervous jolt. Trying to brush it off as a joke, I laughed a little too loud and maniacally. Yifan had been reading the newspaper across the room in a large armchair, and he looked up warily. 

It suddenly seemed very hard to look normal. "You really said that?"

Sehun's chuckle sounded just as tense as mine. "To Grandma, you're my boyfriend now. But Kris doesn't have to worry, you're all his. I wouldn't want to get across that angry dragon's path, and anyway I have no intention of taking you from him."

My face fell a little at the last sentence. I struggled to control my emotions.

After we'd said our goodbyes and hung up, Yifan folded up his newspaper and strode over to me, backhugging me by wrapping his arms around my waist. "Who was it? What was that about?" he muttered into my ear in his deep y voice, bending his head to press his lips on my jaw. We both knew all too well that he knew who it was, and what it was about. He asked questions simply to make a point, almost like a warning.

"Who else? And he was...just talking about his Grandma." I felt frozen and interrogated even though Yifan had sounded innocent. My last name, as well as the phrase "deer-in-headlights," took on a whole new meaning.

Yifan chuckled, his soft breath tickling my ear. "Lulu, you can't hide anything. I believe you, though." He held onto me for another moment. At that point I was so glad he was hugging me from behind, so his piercing eyes couldn't stare into my flushed, guilty face. I was such a bad liar.

My boyfriend unwrapped himself from me and went into the kitchen. I released a huge breath I didn't even know I'd been holding in. I clearly had no feelings whatsoever for Sehun, aside from him being my best friend. I love Yifan, I assured myself.

Then why did I stiffen up so suddenly if I had nothing to hide? Why did I always feel so energetic and happy with Sehun, but I never felt the same with my boyfriend? And why would I have to assure myself that I love him?

 

I frowned in the mirror as I thought back to that certain day, fixing my hair. It wasn't being very cooperative today, so I snatched one of Yifan's many snapbacks to cover up the crazy rats nest.

He was up by the time I made breakfast. I was humming happily without even knowing it. As every morning, he shuffled sleepily up behind me while I cooked, backhugging me around the waist and nestling his head in the crook of my neck. "Good morning," he mumbled into my shoulder, engulfing me in the scent of Yifan and sleep.

"Glad you're up! I'm making omelets!"

"Omelets? What's gotten you so chipper today?" He shuffled away to get some hot water while I paused, searching frantically for an excuse.

"I just feel happy."  Great, Lu. SO evasivehe'll totally fall for that.

Yifan grunted. When I turned timidly toward him, his face was a mixture of sleepy, stormy, and disappointed. His ruffled, soft y brown hair was everywhere, pointing in all directions. He cradled the cup of water in his hands.

"...What?" I asked innocently, shoving the omelets onto plates.

"You're seeing him again, aren't you." It wasn't a question. He grabbed a piece of toast without looking at me.

I sighed. He was right, I couldn't hide anything from him.

"Yes...but Yifan," I began in a whiny tone, attempting to worm my way out of his guilt-tripping me. "I wouldn't put it as 'seeing him,' it sounds like I'm off to date him or something!" I must've said that too loud and fake, because he shot a suspicious glance at me.

"We're just going to hang out at the bubble tea shop from across the park," I continued cautiously. Yifan sighed heavily and stuffed toast into his mouth, but a spark of hope rose in my chest. That sigh usually meant, fine.

"As long as you two finish by two-thirty. I'm taking you to the beach." He looked sternly up at me after he swallowed, his face otherwise expressionless.

I could feel the smile stretching my face. I walked over to him and planted a kiss on his cheek, and his long arm encircled my waist and pushed me back  gently to make me sit on his lap. "Yessir," I breathed.

He lifted his arm away, freeing me, and gestured to his snapback perched on my head. A smile crept up the corners of his eyes but didn't touch his mouth. "And keep that clean." I could tell he felt some sort of satisfaction that I was wearing his cap, as if to show I was his. Not that Sehun wasn't reminded about it everyday, though.

I walked the five hilly blocks to the cafe, bursting with excitement. There was a spring in my step, an obvious need to get there as soon as possible. It was Sehun, for God's sake. I needed to get to Sehun.

I hated having to constantly remind myself of my loyalty to Yifan. Because Sehun always distracted me from all other thoughts, including my boyfriend.


But I did love him. I just liked to make sure I was well aware of the fact, I convinced myself. Yifan would like me remembering Sehun's my best friend—ONLY my best friend. And Yifan's my boyfriend.

I couldn't help feeling so high up in spirits today, though. The bubble tea cafe showed up before I knew it, and I ended up jogging hurriedly over, even though I was 10 minutes early when I checked my watch. Just as I caught my breath in front of the store, fixing my clothes and the snapback in the window's reflection, someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I whirled around, my heart leaping with joy. His beautiful oval face grinned back at me like a little kid, his eyes in happy crescent moons and his milky, perfect skin practically glowing. He was nearly as tall as me despite being a couple years younger, but he was lean and his fit body was obvious even under his loose-fitting shirt.

"Hunnie! How's it been? How are your grandparents?" I raised my arms for a hug. I couldn't remember feeling this excited for anything. It must've been because we didn't see each other for quite the while.

Sehun laughed, making my heart leap, but his shaped brows furrowed and he shook his head slightly. I dropped my arms to accept a vigorous but staged handshake, crestfallen. Right. How could I forget. Yifan had friends that worked at the bubble tea shop, and we were right in view through the window. They absolutely despised me for no reason, but couldn't do anything to me with Yifan protecting me. They would take any chance to rat me out, however, and make a simple hug sound like we were feeling each other up. I knew Yifan would trust me first, but his suspicions of me and Sehun wouldl only be confirmed.

"I'm great, hyung!" He laughed again as if nothing had happened, a boyish chuckle that made me smile even wider. "My grandparents are fine, but" he stepped closer and added into my ear with a playful grin on his face, "I like staying here better because you're here."

My heart started pumping too fast, too loud. I laughed a little nervously, as if he were telling a erted joke, but for the weirdest reason I felt elated hearing his words.

I like staying here better because you're here.

Sehun stepped back again, not letting go of my hand even though we'd shook hands a long while ago. "I guess we're both early, as tradition!" He chirped, and pulled me towards the cafe.

He let go of my hand once we were inside. My hands felt empty, but Sehun went to take our usual seat by the window while I went to order.

The man at the counter took one look at me and grabbed two large cups, already filling them with tea and pearls before I opened my mouth. He nodded to acknowledge me but his lips were in a tight line. His eyes flickered back and forth, from Sehun sitting at our seat to me. This was Zhou Mi, Yifan's friend.

"Hey Lu. You're awfully happy today." He gave me a criticizing stare.

I shrugged, trying to remain nonchalant. "How are you, hyung? Sehun just got back and—"

"How's Kris?" Zhou Mi interrupted.

I stared at him curiously. "Yifan? Um—he's fine. Yes, he knows about this," I added as he started to ask the question. "He's perfectly fine about it. Why?"

It was Zhou Mi's turn to act nonchalant. "I'm just testing your loyalty, Lulu." It was almost a mocking sneer.

I frowned at him. "Don't call me Lulu."

He shrugged and held out his hand. "5000 won."

I gave him the money, grabbed the teas, and was about to leave but he snatched my wrist and hissed in my ear in rapid-fire Mandarin, "I don't want to see any two-timing with that boy over there, you understand? Kris takes your relationship with him very seriously, and if you screw it up I will rip your balls out."

I stared back at him, trying to look unfazed. "Yes hyung. What's it to you?"

Zhou Mi paused. Without saying another word, he let go of me. I turned to look at him, bewildered with the teas still in hand, but he quickly waved me away to cater to the other customers.

I couldn't fully understand Zhou Mi's strange reaction, but Sehun was waiting. My heart flitted in my chest as I brought over the bubble teas. Sehun smiled as I neared, waving his hands happily and then quickly stabbing the straw through the indentation in the lid, taking a long satisfied sip. "Good damn stuff."

I nodded in agreement. Weirdly, I had come to the cafe with Yifan once, but it just wasn't the same. The tea always tasted better with Sehun. Maybe the one day I was with Yifan, they didn't make the tea exactly right.

Maybe?

Sehun and I took a long time conversing like usual, but we could both sense something different that made our talks a little more awkward now. I couldn't help looking him up and down, noting how healthy and fit he'd become, even though it'd only been two months since we'd last met at the cafe. He looked amazing, and as he talked animatedly about the city and his grandparents, tossing his soft fluffy hair and laughing brightly, I wondered how he was still single. If I was single I would totally—

NO! LU HAN WHAT THE ARE YOU THINKING!

"Lu? Earth to hyung!" Sehun smiled and waved his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh, uh...yes, I totally agree!" I quickly snapped back to reality.

He threw his head back and snickered, and I felt a little guilty for not paying attention.

"Hyung, I never asked you a question! It's so obvious when you're blanking out. And I bet you were thinking about you and Kris! How are you two, anyway?" He leaned back in his chair, his smile softer and calmer. Something was behind it: sadness? Disappointment?

Goddammit I wished I'd listened to what he had been saying.

"Hey, we're fine. The occasional argument here and there, but that's with all relationships right?" I shrugged. The conversation suddenly seemed to fall flat upon the mention of YIfan.

"No fights that are so bad, I have to console you and help you get over it?" Sehun joked halfheartedly, staring at his bubble tea.

Something was definitely wrong. "Hunnie..."

He looked up and understood the message in my eyes. We'd been best friends for so long, we knew the insides and outs of each other. Literally actually; Sehun had once made me accompany him to an X-ray when he broke his knee.

He sighed deeply. "You and Kris hyung have been going steady for a while and..." He paused. "Are you guys thinking of marriage at all?"

"What?! NO!" I said, a little too quickly. I waved my hands in the air and a few other customers turned to look at me.

I thought back frantically; no, right? Yifan may have hinted at it, but it was only him showing me wedding registry ads that came in the paper or asking me which ring I preferred when commercials aired on TV. It was all innocent, he wasn't actually implying anything, right?

The more I thought about it, the surer I was of myself. I set my hand on Sehun's. "Don't worry, we aren't thinking of marriage. Why do you ask?"

Sehun looked up, slightly startled, but he quickly smiled again, relieved. "This sounds selfish, but to be honest I like the times when you ranted to me about your boyfriends. Not the fact that you were sad; just that I felt important and special you were telling only me, because you always told me you were only telling me. It gave me a chance to spend time with you and give you advice and comfort you. And the bubble teas were always a plus!" He laughed shyly. My heart pounded.

"W-well...I'm glad you're here. And...that....you're h-happy to put up with me," I stuttered, at an uncomfortable loss for words. I had never been at a loss for words with Sehun...he was my best goddamn friend! We'd known each other for forever! I shifted my hand away from his a little, suddenly feeling very self-conscious.

There was a short, agonizing pause between us as we both looked down. I could feel my face burn up, even though I didn't know why. "How was China?" he asked quickly, to change the topic. I looked at him strangely.

"Sehun-ah, you'd asked me this over the phone. I recalled every detail already!"

"R-recall your favorite moments!"

I sighed. He wasn't looking at me, so I gently reached over and lifted his chin. "Oh Sehun, what's up?"

He cursed to himself under his breath, still averting his eyes. "Kris is going to kill me," he muttered.

"...What?"

"Um...I have another thing to confess." He finally looked up at me, my heart giving an electric jolt when our eyes met. I let my fingers slip from his chin.

"My Grandma. She isn't doing so well." He took a deep breath.

Oh . "Sehun..."

"She...um...she's sick right now. Very sick, Lu. But she asked about me...and you." He grimaced, pushing away his bubble tea as if the memory pained him. I stared, shocked. I'd never seen him push away his favorite drink, even when he was practically dying from a pearl lodged in his throat.

"She asked if I've told you I love you yet."

My body seemed to freeze. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out.

"And I hate to lie...I really do. But she was giving me this whole speech about keeping your loved ones close to you, and never letting them go and always showing your appreciation for them...she really needed to hear I've told you. And she was the one that accepted I was gay because it was the person I loved that mattered. She was the one that bought me my ticket back here so I was forced to leave early, and I hadn't even known she'd bought it. It was simply because she wanted me to see you, assuming that I missed you.

"And the thing about Grandma is that she sees straight through my heart. And everything she said was...right. Lu Han...hyung...I did miss you."

My throat closed up and went dry. My heart seemed to stop. I was supposed to feel elated. Sehun was finally the one that was confessing his feelings at our bubble tea sessions. For once, it wasn't me confessing to Sehun.

But the only problem was, his feelings were about me.

And I already had a boyfriend.


I found my voice, croaking, "Sehun, I—"

"No. Stop. Don't make it any harder than it is already," he said in a whisper, putting his finger to my lips. My skin shivered with pleasure under his touch.

He stared deeply into my eyes. I couldn't swallow. I couldn't breathe.

"Lu Han. My sky lightens up when I'm with you; all the clouds that hang over me, that are my problems, disappear. Even though you often come to me for help about other men, it hurts. But it's okay because you're here with me, and that's all I need. When you're with me, all I need to focus on is you. Lu Han, you are perfect. I know you more than I know myself. I know you don't see me the way I see you, but it always excites me to be around you. I...I can't imagine a world without you; not seeing you for two months was so hard already. Seeing you now, so...perfect, I can't help but think Grandma was right. Everything she said was right. Because I do have strong feelings for you, and although my heart breaks a little every time you get a new boyfriend, all I can look forward to is you breaking up so I can be there for you. It sounds selfish...it is selfish. But..."

"I—" He broke off, taking a deep breath. His gaze had slipped from my face as he spoke, but now he looked up anxiously as if searching my eyes for an answer. "What I really mean to say is...I...um." He sighed, biting his lip. "Oh goddammit."

"Lu Han. I love you."

I stared at him blankly. I was hollow inside. The moment had come. I didn't know what to do. I hardly even noticed the others in the cafe around us, watching with small romantic sighs and hands to their hearts. It was just the two of us. I just looked at my Sehunnie, suddenly so deep and thoughtful. My Sehunnie.

He smiled, sadly and softly. He took both of my limp, lifeless hands in his, seemed almost to brace himself, and the leaned forward with his long eyelashes hooding his half-closed eyes. Our lips connected, as if they were two matching pieces in a jigsaw puzzle, as if they were meant to be. 

Two things happened in my head.

One was the fireworks that suddenly burst inside my mind.

And the other was the thought that this was completely and utterly wrong, a betrayal to Kris and to everyone that loved us. But it just felt so perfect. So right.

My eyes were wide as Sehun tenderly brushed his lips against mine, his every move the most pleasurable electric touch to my skin. But then, all of a sudden the emotions flooded in as I began kissing back.

Happiness, unbelievably inflated joy. He loved me. Oh Sehun loved me.

And I loved him. He's the real man that I love.

He smiled under the kiss. I pushed my hands into his to intertwine them, slightly roughening our liplock. And at that moment, I didn't care that people were cooing and sighing in the cafe. I didn't care that we were sitting at a window booth, kissing, and passersby would awkwardly avert their eyes. I didn't care that some strangers turned away, or that Zhou Mi was glaring daggers at me from behind the counter.

I was kissing Oh Sehun, the man that I realized was the one.

The man who had been soothing me all these years, telling me that I would find my Mr. Right, was Mr. Right.

I didn't know how long it was, but we ended up breaking away a lengthy while later. We both ended up gasping for breath, and before I knew it we had our teas in one hand and our arms around each other, and we were headed towards the park. I raised my tea above my head and laughed.

Sehun suddenly whooped. We were both drunk off each other and of our love and ecstasy. He shouted out into the busy street, "Deer is mine! Lulu is mine! I LOVE LU HAN!!!"

And I could only laugh and stare at him, this wonderful boy that I hadn't known I had loved for so long.

He stopped me once we'd crossed the street, arm in arm, turning to face me. We were under a huge shady tree. The sky was a bright blue. His face was flushed with excitement, glowing more than I'd ever seen it to be. Sehun laced our hands together.

But this time, I was the one that closed the gap between our lips.

 

Kris's POV.

2:28. I smiled in satisfaction. Lulu will be so happy once he sees this, I said to myself confidently.

I'd been dropping so many hints the past few days, it was impossible that he wouldn't know. I expected him to have an answer prepared. He was just, the right one.

Mr. Right.

The bubble tea cafe Zhou Mi worked at was nearing. My heart started pumping a little faster, but how could I have fear of rejection? We were perfect for each other, I was sure of it. Lulu must know that too. He was mine.

And then I remembered why he was here at the cafe in the first place. He and Zhou Mi hated each other. No, it was because of that prick Oh Sehun. His "friend."

Now, I understood the importance of best friends. I wanted Deer to be satisfied and visit Sehun as much as he could. I tried not to let the constant calls everyday between the two, lasting for hours on end, bother me. Or their faithful reunion once a week at this very place, when I hadn't taken Lu to China or Sehun hadn't had family issues.

Lu was infatuated with this Sehun boy on an unhealthy level, but I couldn't see us breaking up over him, so I permitted it. It hurt whenever Lu wanted to visit Sehun instead of my plans to the city or the beach. Maybe it was because he wasn't interested in the places I was. But I always made those plans with him in mind, because they were his favorite places. Really, Lu just wanted to be where Sehun was. So I tried to let him have his way.

But after this, I thought with a small satisfied smile, he won't have any conflicts about who he's really loyal to. Who he really loves.

I pulled the Mercedes to the curb of the small cafe on the corner of the street. 2:30 exact. I checked, a little nervous, to make sure I had everything. Take deep breaths, Kris. You'll be fine.

I fixed my tie, ran my fingers through my hair, pulled at the bouquet of white roses, and called the company just to make sure everything was spot-on. I hooked my phone to the car's Bluetooth.

Everything had to be perfect for my Lulu.

The manager of the arrangements answered. "Yessir?"

"Is everything in order?"

"Yessir."

"Run through what the schedule is again, please." I sit back onto the leather seat and close my eyes, rubbing my temples. Everything's fine, Kris. He will say yes. I smiled a little. I even felt a little nicer today. " And call me Kris, if you will. Not Mr. Wu."

"...Certainly, sir...er, Kris-ssi. The semi-precious gemstones have all been laid out in the sand on the beach. They spell out 'I love you Lu Han,' the way you requested, Kris-ssi. They are well away from the waves, but on a clean strip of sand. You and Lu Han will walk out on the beach first where he will see it. As requested, the two engagement rings are hidden in the stones and he will have to find them on your order. As you two walk further down, FT Island has been invited—they are setting up as we speak—to play for you while you eat your five-star romantic dinner by the beach, on a small wooden table with the white silk tablecloth you had ordered in place. And the entire beach resort has been closed for your reservation for the night.

"Everything is ready, Kris-ssi. Even the tides and the wind are cooperating, but I shall suggest you to arrive at the appointed time to be able to watch the sunset as you resume with your beach activities. Have you got the bouquet?"

"Yes." I paused. "Could you rearrange the dinner table? I think it'll put too much pressure on him—after all, it should just be a dinner. Lay out a silk picnic blanket and we can eat on the sand."

"Certainly, Kris-ssi."

"Uh, thanks." I pressed the button in my car to hang up, took a deep breath, and grabbed the bouquet, stepping out of the car. My eyes automatically scanned the window seats of the bubble tea cafe. Lulu had once told me how he and his little of a friend Sehun loved window seats.

I could swear that Oh Sehun knew more about Lu than I did.

What? My eyebrows furrowed automatically, my mouth sinking down into a frown. I ignored a couple of teenage girls' stares and giggles at me as they walked past. All the window seats were empty. Where were they?

I was about to leave the car's side and enter the shop when I heard a trill of a message on my phone. I looked back down, the pout still on my face. Everything was perfect; except, where was Lu Han?

I grabbed the Samsung and opened the Messages app.

Zhou Mi: (No subject)

Curious, I tapped on the conversation.

A large, blurry picture was the only thing that was sent. No caption. No explanation. None was needed.

I nearly dropped my phone onto the asphalt of the street.

Instead, I hurled the device across the inside of my car with an angry yell. It hit the passenger window with a loud clang and fell pitifully onto the plush leather seat, the screen dark. Both the window and the screen now had spiderweb cracks across the glass.

I slumped down into the car, folding my long legs into the space beneath the wheel. Numb. I left the car door, still wide open.

It had been a picture.

A close-up, taken from far away with a crappy phone camera. But it didn't need to be good.

Oh Sehun, wrapped around my Lu Han.

They were kissing.

Engaged in a liplock.

My Lu's face was flushed. Laugh lines crinkled his eyes. Underneath, he looked so happy. Happier than he's ever been with me.

From the way Sehun was leaned in, it was obvious that he had initiated the kiss. But Lu was kissing back.

He was kissing back.

I couldn't feel anything inside. The pain, I supposed, hadn't hit yet. The large bouquet of white roses I had still been holding dropped from my hand, out the open car door and dirtying on the filthy black pavement.

I lifted my arm. It felt like a huge dead weight. I was about to slam the car door shut when I heard a loud voice shouting from the other side of the intersection, drunk with joy. The person whooped and cheered, "Deer is mine! Lulu is mine! I LOVE LU HAN!!!!!!!"

I whipped my head to the sound, my fists tight on the steering wheel and my jaw clenched.

There he was, Oh Sehun raising his bubble tea in the air like a drunkard with beer, leaning against Lu Han.

Lu Han. He was brightly smiling, laughing, the roses of his cheeks red like I've never seen before. He was so happy in the moment, my face almost lifted. Smiled back.

But that Sehun was always there.

Lu was happier with that dip than he'd ever been with me.

I swallowed hard, trying to dissolve the lump in my throat. My eyes were surprisingly dry. I forced myself to look away, shutting the door and restarting the engine. I cleared my throat slightly and pressed the Call button on the steering wheel.

After a few rings, "Annyeonghaseyo?"

"Manager there?" My voice was surprisingly calm and controlled for the numbness I felt inside.

"...Is something wrong, Kris-ssi?" The manager was wary.

"Call the whole thing off. Please remove the gemstones from the beach. Tell your band, FT Island, to call it a day; and reopen the resort. Actually, give them the suite I had booked. All expenses will still be paid by me for your efforts." I said this through my teeth, as smoothly and clearly as I could.

"...Yes, Kris-ssi. May I ask why?"

"No. Your services are—no longer needed. Thank you for everything. I apologize." My voice cracked, betraying me. My thumb hovered over the red telephone button. "Oh, and—don't call me Kris. Call me Mr. Wu."

I pressed the button.

I sat there for a while before shifting gears even though the Mercedes was automatic, and drove back into the streets, making a U-turn.

I'd have to pass the two to get home.

I looked away from that sidewalk on which they stood. The red light where I had to make the turn seemed exceedingly long. The bubble tea shop was on my right; they were at my left. 

Sehun was a mother ing bastard, that was a definite. But no matter what I thought of Lu Han, I couldn't think of him as traitor, a liar, or even a cheater. He was still bright, happy, lovable Lulu.

But he was no longer my Lulu.

Yet I was still in love with him. I still wanted to propose to him.

But my dreams were just like the white bouquet of flowers I had dropped on the street, its beauty dirtied by black pavement and trampled on car after filthy car until it was no more than a bunch of scrap petals.

The stoplight turned green. Just as I made my U-turn, I glanced in the rearview mirror, where they would be.

They were shaded by a large tree. Sehun had turned his back to me to face Lu Han. Their hands were still intertwined together. The look on Lu's face was almost too much to bear; a look of extreme tenderness and of something I'd never seen when he'd been with me: love.

And then the breaking point was when he smiled at Oh Sehun.

And this time, my Lulu was the one that leaned in.

 

A few stoplights away, I veered to stop at a random curb, my entire body trembling. My hands were starch-white, the pale veins easily showing through. And then the onslaught of pain came, torrents of inner torture. I finally cracked and lay my head down on the steering wheel, sobbing and letting the agony engulf me.

I had thought he was my Mr. Right. But no.

He was Oh Sehun's.


A/N: \(  ^o^)/ AH! AND IT IS FINISHED! HOPE YOU LIKED IT <3

Oh, and I am planning a oneshot with the shipping of kray that may also have the foreword up by tonight, so check it out when I release it! I will have the link when it's ready.

Who next? Because I'm really running out of ideas, so if you'd like to comment below or PM me about the next ship you'd like to see, and maybe the scenario if you've got one. Thanks all you bubblies, comment upvote and subscribe! /HUGS YOU ALL xoxo