Four

The Blind Wolf

At the other end of the hall, Soyoung and the rest of her pack were gathered around Yongguk. All of them - even Soyoung - were being scolded by the alpha.

"What were you guys thinking?!" Yongguk hissed. "I was asking for a favour from Lee Soo Man! And you had to go and get yourselves in a scruffle with his packs?!"

"We didn't start it!" Himchan huffed indignantly. "That guy with the dark eye bags bumped into me and somehow, his bag tore open! I apologised but the guy won't let me off! He demanded that I buy him a new GUCCI BAG! Do you know how freaking expensive those things are?! Especially in our current situation! And-"

"THAT WAS WHY I ASKED ALL OF YOU TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!" Yongguk bellowed.

The whole hall became quiet, everyone staring at Yongguk. Soyoung approached her brother, placing a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. 

"Oppa, I need to talk to you privately", she whispered.

Agreeing reluctantly, Yongguk had Jieun in charge of the group before leading his sister away. After knowing that they won't be eavesdropped on by the other wolves,  Soyoung started to explain what had happened from the information she had gathered earlier. 

"...so even if Himchan hadn't bumped into Tao, this problem would more or less turn out like this oppa." 

"So what do you propose that we do?" Yongguk murmured. He knew that if this was revealed to his pack,  it would cause another scuffle between the two packs knowing how angry his pack would be upon finding out about the truth.

Looking back at his pack who were being treated by their healer, Hyosung, he tried to think of options to settle the problem with the other pack without causing another fight to break out. He was pulled out of his thoughts when Soyoung suddenly asked about the talk with the CEO.

/flashback/

He and Jieun entered the room cautiously, looking around the room. They were slightly wary since Lee Soo Man has quite the reputation for being unpredictable. 

"Bang Yongguk! It is nice to finally meet you." Lee Soo Man welcomed him warmly. "Your father has told me so much about you and Soyoung... I am sorry about what have happened. I did warn him about the leeches attacking the packs residing in the countryside.." 

He had look slightly apologetic about his good friend's death. Bang Yong Man had helped him a lot in the past. Yongguk could just smile sadly.

"Father did try to tighten the security around our farm but they managed to take down most of his- my - pack. We were lucky we managed to get out alive. If not for my mate here to predict the future, all of us would have perished."

"I only foresee such things when they are about to happen." Jieun quietly said. "If I was stronger, nothing like this would have happened."

"We should not dwell on the past," the old man sighed. "Now tell me, what brings you here? You did not come here just to chit chat right."

"No sir. We came here to ask a favour from you. You see, after the leeches destroyed our farm, we have no place to go to nor money to sustain my pack. So we were wondering if you could help us find a place. Of course we would pay you back sir. We could help you in guarding the city." Yongguk had tried to hide his desperation from his face but it was still evident in his voice.

Knocking was suddenly heard from the door. A gentle voice could be heard behind the door, asking permission to enter.

"Come in." The CEO called out.

Yongguk frowned. Are they being thrown out? Two men entered the room. They bowed low to the CEO. They too looked surprised to see Yongguk and Jieun. What are you planning Lee Soo Man? Yongguk wondered.

"Introduce yourselves Suho." 

"Yes sir." Suho answered. " I am Suho, alpha of EXO pack and this is Kris my beta. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. I am Bang Yongguk from Daegu and this is my mate Jieun. I am alpha of BAP."

Nodding in satisfaction, the CEO decided to explain the reason why Suho and Kris were there. "The both of your packs will be living together. Su-"

"WHAT?!" Suho, Kris and Yongguk sputtered. Jieun only looked on calmly like she knew this was going to happen... Or did she?

Sighing, the CEO continued with his talk. Apparently both packs would be staying together at EXO's mansion on the outskirts of town. Both packs need to work together to look after the city.

"B-but aren't we enough sajangnim (CEO)? Aren't we enough to protect the city?" Suho interjected. 

"The leeches are growing in number, and the 12 of you won't be enough to protect the outskirts of the city. And I know that BAP has a special wolf in their midst that can help us." Lee Soo Man answered Suho. Turning to Yongguk, he looked at him meaningfully. "And you asked me for a favour Yongguk. This is it. Not only have I provided you with lodging, I have also found a way for you to repay me."

Looking at both alphas, "I know two packs living together is utter madness and unheard of in wolf history and it may cause problems, but I know that all if this will be sorted out in due time. Now go and tell your packs my decision. I know you won't disappoint me. Now go!"

/flashback/