One

The Blind Wolf

"Soyoung..."

 

Soyoung jolted awake from the nightmare. She felt around her and found another body next to her, snoozing away. It was Sunhwa unnie.

Sigh.. I wish it would stop.

"Soyoung? You're up early today" Hana's voice jolted her out of her reverie.

"Ah yes unnie..." she answered tiredly. "What time is it?"

"It's almost 8.00 a.m."

"Then I am going to use the bathroom now unnie"

''un. be careful ok. its slippery''

''alright unnie''

Sooyoung carefully made her way towards the bathroom. The motel room they shared was quite small and it was slightly difficult for her to make her way around. and being blind wasnt really helping either...

While she bathed, Soyoung thought about the dream that she had, the dream that she has every night. If only she had not gone against her brother's orders that night. If only she was not blind. If only, if only. That is what she can only do, wonder and regret that night. But regretting and wondering won't undo what has been done. It would only cause her heartache and anger.

"Are you done yet Soyoung?" Hana's voice broke into her thoughts.

"Ah, I'm almost done unnie. Just wait a minute."

After the other two girls had their turns in the bathroom, they went to join the others for breakfast.

 

--

 

The three of them met B.A.P. and Hyosung and Jieun at the restaurant located right next to the motel for breakfast.

Groans of good morning could be heard over the chatter in the restaurant. Himchan was complaining about having to wake up early to Hyosung while she just fussed over him.

"Noona, your drink is 10cm away from you at a 1 o'clock angle, the salad which consists of lettuce, tomato, some onion and chicken is located 5 cm away from your rice at a 11 o'clock angle and the scrambled eggs are with me so ask for them whenever you want then and the tofu soup is 15 cm from you, located at a 12 o'clock angle." Zelo informs Soyoung of these details every meal time. 

As soon as they finish their meals, they went back to their rooms and finish packing what little belonging they used for the one night stay at the motel.

 Right after, they checked out from the building, they slowly made their way into the heart of Seoul. Yongguk, Soyoung's brother had an appointment with an old acquaintance of their father.

"Are we there yet?" Daehyun whined from the back of the van.

"We'll reach the building soon. Behave will you?!" Himchan, who was driving, answered the restless boy.

 After a few minutes, they reached a really tall building. The words SM could be clearly seen by passersby within a mile away.

"We're meeting them?! Don't you know -"

"I know what I'm doing Daehyun." Yongguk looked Daehyun in the eye. "Thanks for the reminder but the late alpha trusted Soo Man so we should too. I'm sure he would help us - at least for old times sake."

One by one they got off the van and made their way into the building from the parking lot. They spoke to the receptionist at the ground floor for directions and confirmed their appointment before making their way to the 32nd floor, right at the top of the building. 

Just when they reached the top floor, they were met with a long hallway and a waiting area and the secretary desk right next to a set of double doors, the CEO Lee Soo Man's room.

Zelo and Jongup led Soyoung over to a chair while the others talked with the secretary. After a few words were exchanged, it was decided that Yongguk and Jieun, his mate would talk to the CEO. 

"All of you wait here. And don't do anything funny. And I'm talking to you Himchan and Daehyun!" Yongguk ordered them.

"Aye aye captain!" they both chorused.

"I can't believe I have to look out for my beta as well as the rest of the pack" Yongguk muttered while making his way over to his mate.

The two soon disappeared behind the door, not before Yongguk gave the rest of his pack a piercing gaze. Feeling nervous, Soyoung began to fidget in her seat. The favour that they were asking of SM was huge and to some people, brazen and unreasonable. 

They quietly sat there for half an hour before all of them start to fidget. Not able to take the pack's restlessness, the girl asked the secretary for the location of the restroom before slowly making her way there. Using the walls and her walking stick, she quietly mumbled the directions to herself over and over.

As she made a right turn, she suddenly heard voices, a lot of voices. Making herself as small as possible, she tried to squeeze past them but unfortunately she bumped into something, well rather, someone.

"Oof!" Soyoung's glasses fell off her eyes.

"Ouch! Look where you'r- Gasp! What happened to your eyes?! What's with those scars? You're blind?!"

"Chanyeol!!!" some of the other males smacked his head.

"What?! I really didn't know she's blind!"

"Didn't you see her walking stick?!"

"And it's rude to ask her those kinds of questions!"

"Ah, um guys, it's alright. C-can somebody pass me my glasses back?" Soyoung asked softly, looking downwards, making sure to cover her eyes with her long hair.

They quickly looked around and passed her back her glasses after the boy who bumped into her, Chanyeol, found it.

After saying a quiet thank you, she quickly made her way to the restroom. 

"What are you guys still doing here?!" Suho suddenly asked them. He, Tao and Kris had just reached the floor.

"Ah, nothing. Somebody here, just had to bump into a little girl. And a blind one at that!" Luhan teased the gentle giant.

"Hey! It wasn't on purpose okay!"

 

--

 

After washing her hands and drying them, Soyoung quickly made her way to the waiting area only to hear yells and growls all around her.

"You're back! Quick, help us Soyong!" Hyosung screamed at her.

Suddenly, she felt herself thrown back and hit something hard. Feeling a warm liquid run down her shoulder, she touched it only to wince at the pain. She brought her hand near her nose only to smell blood.

That's it! I'm stopping this madness! Soyoung thought. 

Lifting her right hand, suddenly everything stopped and quietened. Feeling their aura, Soyoung identified her pack and slammed them against one wall while the other pack was slammed against another, separating them from each other.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Soyoung fumed.

Uh oh. We're gonna get it, groaned Zelo inwardly