Living together

Rain Dance

About a week had passed since Nam Soon literally crashed into Heung Soo's life, and the human was beginning to resign to his fate of suddenly having a roommate, albeit a completely incomprehensive, totally clumsy and naive food monster with a near unhealthy obsession with cake. The first thing Heung Soo had done was to teach Nam Soon to dress himself, followed by strict orders to never try to cook anything ever again, since Heung Soo didn't want any fatalities or property damage on his hands. He was slightly afraid that the klutz would set something on fire, if he didn't accidentally stab himself, or Heung Soo, first.

All that aside, Heung Soo had to admit that it was actually quite nice to live with someone else. The apartment wasn't empty and quiet anymore. Nam Soon definitely made his life more... colourful. Now, if the angel could only learn to not move around like a crazy person when sleeping, Heung Soo's life would be perfect.


On Sunday morning, Heung Soo finally got to sleep in, since he had the day off. Needless to say, he wasn't thrilled when Nam Soon's voice pulled him from his dreams at 6:45...

- Heung Soo... Heung Soo... Heung Soo...

The human groaned a reply, still half asleep. Pouting that he didn't get the desired results, Nam Soon climbed up and straddled Heung Soo, poking the latter's chest, like a cat would.

- I'm hungryyyyy, feed meeee, Nam Soon whined.

Heung Soo felt the sudden weight on his crotch, but since it didn't hurt or anything, he didn't think twice about it, only focusing on going back to sleep. Again, he felt that tingling sensation and spreading warmth where the angel touched him. Heung Soo wondered what it was. It felt nice... A little too nice, considering the place that was tingling...

Realising that certain things were getting noticably harder for him to handle, Heung Soo quickly sat up, shoving Nam Soon off his lap, almost sending the angel flying across the bed.

- Alright, alright! Heung Soo quickly got up and made a show of being irritated by the early wake-up call, in an attempt to hide his embarrassment.

Nam Soon didn't notice the human's predicament, and just smiled happily at the prospect of breakfast, much to Heung Soo's annoyance.

Getting dressed, Heung Soo realised that he had very little clean clothes left in the closet, now that they were two people sharing them. Also considering the adorably annoying fact that every now and then, Nam Soon accidentally unfolded his wings, ripping through the fabric of whatever poor shirt he was wearing at the moment, Heung Soo decided that he needed to buy them both new clothes.

As they entered the shopping mall, hand in hand since Nam Soon was still nervous about the human world, the angel's eyes widened to the size of saucers when he saw the sparkly building with all its interior decorations and flashy storefronts. His mouth slightly ajar in amazement, Nam Soon's head almost spun around when he tried to look at everything at the same time.

- Wow, this place is amazing!

- Whatever, it's just a shopping street with a roof, Heung Soo mumbled, a faint smile betraying what he actually thought about the angel's uninhibited aegyo.


After almost three hours of shopping for clothes, Heung Soo was exhausted, both from the excruciating experience of trying to shop with someone who doesn't understand the concept of "don't play with the mannequins" and "the alarm tags aren't toys", and from the fact that he somehow ended up carrying all the bags on his own, while at the same time having to chase Nam Soon, who now wanted to explore every single part of every single store in the entire mall... I'm too old for this... I want to go home... Sleep... Watch TV...

- Park Heung Soo? A woman's voice called out from behind him. Heung Soo turned around to see the face of one of his classmates from high school, Song Ha Kyung. They'd got along pretty well in school, but hadn't had much chance to meet after graduation.

- Oh, Ha Kyung, what's up? Heung Soo liked her, she was nice.

- Not much, just getting a new jacket for winter. What about you? Are you buying the whole mall?

- Yeah, well... How do I explain the fact that I'm living with an angel...?

- Do you wanna go grab a cup of coffee and catch up on old times? Are you here alone?

- No, actually, I'm here with- Where did he go? Heung Soo looked around in search for Nam Soon, who had entered a home decorating shop.

- Nam Soon-ah, come here for a sec! The angel came towards Heung Soo and Ha Kyung with bouncy steps.

- What's up?

- There's someone I'd like you to meet. Nam Soon, this is Ha Kyung. We were classmates in high school. Ha Kyung, this is Nam Soon. We're... roommates.

- Nice to meet you, Ha Kyung smiled, bowing gracefully.

- Pleasure to meet you too, Nam Soon smiled back, doing a quick 90 degree bow.

- So, how about that coffee? Ha Kyung asked again.

- What do you say, Nam Soon? Heung Soo said.

- Will there be cake?

- I guess...

- Then I say "Let's go", the angel smiled, hooking arms with both of them and dragging them along to the nearest café.


- How long have you known each other? Ha Kyung asked Heung Soo as they stood in line, waiting for their orders to be completed. Nam Soon had already chosen a table by the window, so that he could look at the people passing by.

- A week or so...

- How did you meet? Through a roommate ad?

- No, nothing like that... He just kinda crashed into my life, and somehow we ended up living together... Heung Soo said, as truthfully as he could while still sounding like a sane person.

- He's cute, Ha Kyung said. - So, how far have you gone? she added with a mischievous tone. Ha Kyung was one of the few people who knew that Heung Soo was gay.

- What?! Nowhere! We're just friends, thank you very much. Friends? Already? When did that happen?

- Hmm, from my experience, friends don't look at friends as if they're the cutest thing on Earth, but if you say so, Ha Kyung answered in a sing-song voice as she took her tray and carried it to the table.


A/N

Hi gaiz!

About the chap:

Fluff smothers everyone as our heroes are getting used to living together

Also, Nam Soon's innocent skinship is becoming difficult for Heung Soo to handle... ^^

I loved writing the shopping scene, especially since I got to include Ha Kyung yay

I just love how she's completely forward about her friend's love life, especially since they've barely met for a year

We'll see how she affects the two boys in the future... ^_^

Until next time:

Be happy ^_^/*