Angel Wings

Rain Dance

Nam Soon stared confused at the clothes Heung Soo handed him.

- Come on, take them. I don't wanna stand here all day. Heung Soo stepped out of the bedroom so that Nam Soon could change out of his angel robes.

When he came back five minutes later, Nam Soon was standing in the same spot, still staring at the clothes in utter confusion.

- You're not changed yet? I don't have all day, you know.

- I don't know how... I've never seen human clothes before. Right... he thinks he's an angel... Heung Soo sighed internally.

- So, what do you want me to do about it?

- Help me? Nam Soon smiled innocently.

- What? No way!

- Ok, then I'll just keep my robes on.

Slightly annoyed from the prospect of having to help a grown man get dressed, Heung Soo closed his eyes and sighed. - Fine. Let's just get this over with. Take your clothes off.

Cursing his luck, Heung Soo kneeled with the jeans so that Nam Soon could step into them. When the angel grabbed his shoulder for support, he felt a strange tingling sensation in the place that connected them, followed by a warm feeling that spread in his shoulder. Confused, he cocked his head to the side, but soon forgot it when he realised that he would have to help Nam Soon button the trousers. Cursing himself this time for not just giving him a pair of sweatpants, or at least something with a zipper instead of five small buttons, Heung Soo realised that the only way to do this was by backhugging the other guy.

- Kya! It tickles! Nam Soon giggled, squirming in the human's arms.

- Stand still, Heung Soo hissed trough gritted teeth. He was close enough to a complete stranger's family jewels as it was, and he didn't need to feel them move to boot.

When he was done, he stood up, and noticed a tattoo on Nam Soon's back. It was the contours of a pair of angel wings, going from his shoulders all the way down to his waist.

- Nice ink, Heung Soo said. It looked really natural, and it was very detailed, almost to the point where it looked like 3D.

- What? Oh, that's what my wings look like when they're folded in. I hide them from humans, so they don't suspect anything. You wanna see them folded out? They're really cool!

- Oh. My. God. Heung Soo half-whispered as Nam Soon suddenly released his wings.

- What do you think? Pretty, huh?

- Impossible... Impossible. This isn't happening... I'm dreaming... Completely freaked out, and utterly convinced that he'd completely lost his mind, Heung Soo staggered backwards into the living room, picked up his phone from the kitchen table and dialled the number to his best friend Byun Ki Deok, telling him to come over immediately.

- What's the matter? Ki Deok asked when he entered the apartment to and saw the almost manic look on Heung Soo's face. - You look like you've seen a ghost, he added.

Heung Soo pointed towards his bedroom. Nam Soon stuck out his face through the door hole to see what the commotion was about.

- Please tell me that you see him too?

- The guy in your bedroom? Sure. Why wouldn't I?

- Oh, good. I'm not completely crazy, then, Heung Soo sighed, sinking down on the sofa.

- Heung Soo-yah, what's going on? You're starting to freak me out, too.

- I don't know, these past couple of days have just been really crazy. That guy there fell from the sky, literally, without getting hurt, he claims he's an angel, maybe he is an angel, I mean, how else do you explain those wings, and I keep hearing bells ringing, and-

- You can hear the Destiny Bells? Nam Soon asked excitedly as he entered the living room, still shirtless, wings folded back in, once again looking like tattoos.

- Is that bad? Heung Soo asked.

- No, that's great!

- What are they? Heung Soo was ready to give in to the madness that was so obviously creeping up on him.

- Every soul has a bell in Heaven. When something big enough to change one's destiny happens, the bell jingles. Everyone hears his or her own bell, but far from eveyone notices it.

- I'm sorry, but who exactly are you? And why are you shirtless?

- Who are you? Nam Soon replied.

- Byun Ki Deok, I've known Heung Soo since middle school.

Ki Deok looked at the unfamiliar person. He was fit, but not buff, he had a cute face with plump lips, and a totally cool back tattoo. Looks like hyung bedded a fine one this time... Hopefully he keeps this one... He thought to himself, smiling internally. Heung Soo was a "romantic nomad" as he liked to call himself. "Man" as his friends used to joke. Ki Deok always hoped that Heung Soo would allow himself to fall in love, and settle down with someone. He saw what the many one-night-stands did to his friend's delicate heart, but since Heung Soo was an adult and free to do as he pleased, Ki Deok couldn't force him out of the game.

- The name's Nam Soon. As of the day before yesterday, I'm Heung Soo's Guardian Angel.

Is this guy for real?

- Well, if anyone needs a guardian angel, it's Heung Soo, Ki Deok said, deeming it wise to play along with the clearly delusional kid's fantasies. "Crazy", he mouthed to Heung Soo.

- Hey, Ki Deok-sshi, you wanna see my wings too?

- I see them. They're awesome, Ki Deok said, pointing at the tattoo.

- No, not that. These!

- What the...?!

- You see them too, don't you? Heung Soo pleaded. Please tell me I'm not mad!

- Mhm. So, eh, Heung Soo-yah. Let's not tell anyone about this, ok? I'm not ready for a padded room just yet.

- Heh, yeah, straight jackets aren't in fashion this year... Heung Soo added with a tired chuckle.

- So, Nam Soon-sshi... Ki Deok started hesitantly. - Are you really an angel?

- Told you, Nam Soon smiled, folding down his wings as he rummaged through Heung Soo's bag for a snack, smiling triumphantly when he found some filled rice cakes.


A/N

Here's an awkwardness fish to help you deal with the trouser scene *3*

About the chap:

We continue where we left off last time. Turns out Nam Soon knows nothing about human clothes, and Heung Soo needs to help him

*hilarity ensues*

ahem...

When Nam Soon whips out his wings, Heung Soo finally has enough, and uses the phone-a-friend option

Byun Ki Deok! Yeyy!

Through him, we learn a little about Heung Soo's personal life. Ki Deok jumps ahead a little, here... *wink wink hint hint*

Until next time: