Chapter 2

Be My Mother, Seonsaengnim!

“Aw~ come on Kyu… just this one” Heechul giving him the best puppy’s looks he ever had. Kyuhyun on the other hand didn’t ever bother to look at him at all, “Come on~~ just this one, I promise”

Kyuhyun put the file he was holding on his table and look at the older male in front of him, “The last time you ask me, you promise me you won’t bother me with something like this again”

“No… no… this time I, Kim Heechul, promise to you, Cho Kyuhyun. If you don’t like it, I won’t ask you to come again” he said while raising his right hand in front of his chest.

“You know that I have Jinri, right?” the older male nodded his head, “I can’t come home late” the last sentence makes the older male frown, “You know that in our house there are only me and her, right?” Heechul nodded his head, “So, you know that I can’t let her spending the night alone”

“Ow~ come on~ just this once! I promise I won’t ask you again. For Jinri, you can let her spend the night on her grandparent’s house, right?”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes after he hear his hyung answer, somewhat he know that his hyung would tell him something like that.

“Okay”

“Assa~ I know you want to go o––“

“But! Just for this one! I’ll never go to meet other women again”

Heechul saluted while giving him a biggest smile, “Yes Sir! But seriously Kyuhyun, I think you will find that woman this time. We’ll go after your works done” then Heechul go out from his room.

Leaning on his chair, Kyuhyun let out a loud sigh. He close his eyes, suddenly feeling really tired, “I hope I make a right decision”

 

***

 

“Jinri-ah~ what did you draw?”

Jinri look up from his drawing book and found that her teacher was already in front of her, “Ssaem~” she called, “I’m drawing daddy!” Jinri told her excitedly.

“Your daddy?”

“Eung!”

Yoona look at the drawing closely before a huge smile was plastered on her beautiful face, “It really looks like your daddy, Jinri-ah~”

“Really?”

“Eung!”

Jinri’s smile widen after hearing her teacher word she continue her drawing. Carefully coloring the smallest part on her drawing. Yoona caress her hair lovingly, “Jinri-ah, may I know why did you draw your daddy?” a part of her was really curious about the reason behind her student drawing because usually when you ask a 6 years old children to draw, most of them would draw mountain or house.

“It’s because I love daddy very much!”

 

***

 

“Wait here, I’ll go get her” Kyuhyun tell Heechul when they arrived at Jinri’s school, “It won’t take a long time”

“Okie dokie”

Kyuhyun sigh hard before he left the car. He walk into the familiar hallway and go to the farthest room. He wait outside the door when he see that the class hasn’t finished yet. He smile slightly when he see his daughter laughing freely with her friend.

“Okay class” Yoona said, “We ended today’s class~”

“Yeeey!”

“See you tomorrow~”

“Ne ssaem~!”

Jinri smile brightly when she saw her father standing outside her class. She run faster and hug her father tightly, “Daddy!! You came!”

The said man chuckled hearing her daughter happy voice, he kiss her daughter forehead earning a beautiful laugh from his princess, “Of course~ how is your day, princess?”

“It’s fun daddy! Seonsaengnim ask us to draw today and she said that my drawing is really good”

“Really?”

“Of course! And guess what?”

“Hm?”

“I’m drawing daddy today! Seonsaengnim said that it really looks like daddy”

Kyuhyun laughed and set his daughter down, he holds Jinri’s hand tightly when they walk to the parking lot. Jinri keep talking about her day at school, sometimes Kyuhyun would laugh with her or ask her question. When they arrived at Kyuhyun’s car, Jinri scream loudly when Heechul surprised her from the car, earning a death glare from the girl’s father. Not wanting to die in a young age, Heechul apologize to Jinri in an instant. The girl just laugh at him telling him that it’s okay because she love Heechul very much.

“You know…” Heechul started, “Sometime I doubt that she is your daughter, Kyu… she’s so kind hearted not like you”

The said man just glare harder at him from the front mirror, grunting at himself why he be friend with this Heechul person.

 

***

 

“So, I’ll stay with grandma today?”

“Yes”

Jinri has been asking a lot of question when they headed to Kyuhyun’s parents house. Heechul, the one who suggest it, just keep silent on the back seat while Kyuhyun try to answer all of Jinri’s question.

“But… daddy will stay with me, right?” Jinri look at her father with hopeful look. Truthfully, she didn’t like it when she have to part with her father. She love her grandparent but she love her father more than that and as much as she like it to spend the night at her grandparents house, she want her daddy to be with her.

Kyuhyun drive his car to the roadside. It break his heart to see her daughter teary eyes. Jinri was never away from him. He always bring Jinri to wherever he has to go but… today, it’s impossible. Jinri is too young to go to a club and he never know what kind of people he would found in that place. “Princess… I have something to do with uncle Heechul today. I can’t bring you with me today so you will stay at grandma’s house tonight”

“But daddy always bring me with you when you have to go away”

Tears start to fall from Jinri’s eyes. Seeing that, Kyuhyun wipe them away and bring her to his arms. It pained him but he has a promise that should be fulfilled. “How about this” Kyuhyun said while her back, “Daddy will be there when you wake up tomorrow morning, hm? Daddy will have breakfast with you and take you to school like usual and when the school ended, daddy will pick you up and we’ll get an ice cream” Kyuhyun let out a relief smile when he felt Jinri nodded on his embrace. “That’s my princess” He wipe her remaining tears and kiss her on the forehead.

As soon as they arrived on Kyuhyun’s parents house. Kyuhyun’s mother run out from her house to greet her granddaughter. She already know that Jinri going to spend the night at her place, she already prepare a room for her and bake some cookies and make a lot of delicious food just for her. She grab Jinri’s hand and led her to the family room where her husband was waiting for them. Jinri quickly run to her grandfather and hug him. Kyuhyun father hug her as tightly as her.

“I leave her with mother and father tonight. Please take care of her”

“Of course we will. She’s our only granddaughter”

Kyuhyun’s mother walked up to him and hugged him tightly. “I know it’s hard for you but as you know, Jinri still need a mother. Although she has a really good father, the one who love her very much but she still longed for a mother. I don’t know if the one you are going to meet today is a good woman or not but you have to remember even though you didn’t find her today; there still a lot of woman out there. You just have to open your heart and you’ll see that woman”

“Mother––“

“For Jinri’s sake”

Kyuhyun let out a loud sigh before he nodded his head. Satisfied with her son’s answer, she let go of him and patted his back, “You are a good looking man, Kyuhyun. I’m sure that there are a lot of people who was drooling over you”

“I know that already, mother. Well, I think I’ll go now. Heechul-hyung waiting for me in the car”

“Okay. Remember what I said earlier”

Kyuhyun nodded his head, he hug her one last time before shifting his gaze at his little princess who was playing with her grandfather, “Jinri-ah!” he called. The said princess quickly run to his side. Kyuhyun pick her up and she hug him tightly, “Be a good little princess, okay?” Jinri nodded her head, signaling that she understand. “I have to go now” he set her down and hug her one last time before walking out of the house.

“How is it?” Heechul, who was sitting on the front seat, ask him as soon as he open the driver door.

“I’m going to make you pay for causing my daughter to cry like that”

 

***

 

Kyuhyun didn’t like this place. Ever since he was a young boy, he never like this place. The sound of music was thumping throughout the room and the smell of alcohol was overpowering. He didn’t know why Heechul pick this place today. A young boy was leading him and Heechul to the V.I.P room, far away from the noise. The boy open the door and boy slightly before he walk away from them.

“Hey Vic!” Heechul greet.

“Ah oppa!” a girl with long brown straight hair greet him. She was wearing a black short dress that revealing half of her tight and her long legs, she wear a black leather high heels which make her more elegant. Kyuhyun did not deny it. She is indeed a beautiful woman.

“Vic, this is Kyuhyun” Heechul said, pointing at the man who still standing behind him. Heechul shift a little to make a space for him to come forward. “He is the one that I often tell you”

“Ah! Hello, Kyuhyun-ssi. I’m Victoria” Victoria greeted. A beautiful smile plastered on her face.

“Hello Victoria-ssi. I’m Kyuhyun” He smile slightly and taking her handshakes.

“Aw~! Come on! Don’t be shy! I’ll leave you two alone” Heechul walk out of the room, “Have fun!” and close the door, leaving Kyuhyun and Victoria alone.

“Ummm…” Victoria didn’t know how to say. The awkwardness suddenly appear between the two of them as soon as Heechul leave the room, “Let’s us sit first” she finally said after a while.

Victoria didn’t know what to say. This is the first time she become nervous when Heechul introduce her to one of his friends.  Usually, she would be the one to start the conversation but she didn’t know, with Kyuhyun it’s different. Her mind become so blank right now.

Carefully, she glance at the man beside her. He is a handsome man… and he’s attractive. There’s something about him that make her want to know more about him. ‘That strange’ she thinks. Everytime Heechul introduce her to his friend, she never feel like this before. ‘Is this love?’

“Kyuhyun-ssi”                   “Victoria-ssi”

Kyuhyun look at the girl beside him with a gentle smile, “You first”

“You first, Kyuhyun-ssi”

“No… Ladies first”

Victoria bit her lips slightly, she look at Kyuhyun face before close her eyes to calm her heartbeat and open them again slowly, “I just want to know… how old are you?”

“Don’t be so nervous” Kyuhyun said while chuckling lightly. He could hear the nervousness from her voice, she look at her with that gentle smile still plastered on his handsome face, “I’m 28 this year”

“Aaah… I’m a year older than you”

“Really?” Kyuhyun look at Victoria in disbelief, “I thought that you are younger than me”

“Sweet talk”

“No… I’m serious. I thought that you are 2 or 3 years younger than me”

She laughed at Kyuhyun’s word. “Thank you for the compliment” she smile while looking at Kyuhyun from head to toe. This action make Kyuhyun to frown and look at her questioningly. “And I think you are handsome” she said after a while, “Actually, I never thought that you are younger than me. You look so mature and reliable. So I thought that you are umm… maybe on your 30’s”

“A lot of people think of me like that but thank you”

Silences fill the room once again, only the sound of soft music was heard from the room. Victoria look at Kyuhyun once again before she look away when she see that Kyuhyun was zoning out. She look at the glass in front of her then look at Kyuhyun’s. She then realized that they haven’t take a sip yet.

Victoria fondled her hand on her lap. The nervousness coming back again. There are a lot of things that she want to ask but she didn’t know how to ask them. Beside, Kyuhyun seems to be out of place. He’s zoning out a lot. But, it didn’t make her to become irritated. Actually, she become more curious why he act like that.

“Victoria-ssi”

Kyuhyun soft voice bring her up to reality. She look at her side just to know that Kyuhyun’s smile wasn’t there anymore, that Kyuhyun was not looking at her. “Y-Yes?”

“I just want to ask you one thing”

“What is that?”

“What would you do if you met a man who already has a child?”

She look at him questioningly, “I don’t know” she said after a while. “I personally didn’t like it if I found out if that man is already has a child. It’s not that I don’t like a child but with my age right now, I intend to find a man who would become my husband and in the first year of our marriage, I want it was just the two of us. Well… I know that it was lame but I think it was all women’s dream”

“Aaah… I see”

“Umm… may I know why did you ask something like that?”

Kyuhyun look at Victoria who was looking at him curiously, he smile slightly before he look away once again, “I already has a daughter”

Victoria’s eyes widen after she hear that. She didn’t know that Kyuhyun already has a daughter and Heechul never told her about this before. She look at her lap, somewhat… she regret what she had said earlier. If she knows…. If she know that Kyuhyun is a father then she wouldn’t said something like that before.

“But Kyuhyun-ssi…” Victoria said, looking at Kyuhyun with hopeful eyes, “If it was you I can––“

“No, Victoria-ssi” knowing what she would say, Kyuhyun cut her word, “As you said before. It was your dream to live just with your husband in the first year of your marriage and I can’t do that… I don’t want to crush your dream like that”

“But Kyuhyun-ssi… I’m okay if it was you. Maybe… if I know more about your daughter, I would love her as much I love you” she said hurriedly but after a while, she bit her lips after she realized what she had said earlier.

“I’m very thankful that you love me and you want to know about my daughter but…” he look at her apologetically, “I’m sorry… I can’t” he got up from his seat and walk slowly to the door. When he was about to open the door, he turn around to face Victoria once again and bow his body, “I’m sorry” and he left the room.

Victoria look at the now closed door. Tears start to form on her beautiful eyes, she look down and grip her dress tightly, “But I already fallen for you… Kyuhyun-ssi”

 

***

 

Jinri is happy today. No, she is sooooo happy. Her daddy didn’t break his promise. When Jinri woke up from her sleep, she could see her daddy smiling slightly at her and tell her to wake up because it’s time for her to go to school. Jinri is soo happy, as soon as she realized that her daddy is the one who wake her up from her sleep, she hurriedly hug her daddy and telling him how much she love her. Her action make her daddy to laugh and ruffle her her hair. Jinri love it when she hear her daddy laugh like that because it mean that she could make him happy and Jinri make a promise to herself that she will always make her daddy happy because it would make her mommy in heaven happy too.

“I’m sorry, Jinri-ah” Kyuhyun said when he started the car, “I forgot to bring your school uniform today”

“It’s okay, daddy~ beside Yoona-ssaem is veeerrry kind so I think that it would be okay”

Kyuhyun smile gently at her daughter while caressing her hair lovingly, “You know that daddy love you very much, right?”

“Eung! And I love daddy too~~”

It didn’t take a long time for them to arrived at SM kindergarten. Jinri hop up from the car as soon as Kyuhyun park their car. Like usual, Kyuhyun would walk her to her class which make Jinri to pout slightly and tell him that she could go to her class alone.

“I want to talk to you teacher, Jinri-ah” Kyuhyun persuade her. A small smile creep up on Jinri’s face when she feel her daddy caress her hair lovingly.

When they arrived in front of Jinri’s class, Kyuhyun quickly explaining about Jinri’s school uniform to Yoona. After Yoona heard everything, when just smile and tell him that it was okay and Jinri still be able to follow today’s lesson. Kyuhyun sigh in relief and after saying goodbye to his daughter, he left the school.

Yoona walk to the class with Jinri on her tail. Jinri quickly go to her desk when she see her teacher was about to start today’s lesson.

“Students~~” Yoona start after writing something on the whiteboard, “Do you know that this month is family months?”

“Ne Seonsaengnim!”

“And next week, we’ll have our monthly parents-teacher meeting, right?”

“Ne!”

“Do you want to give them a little surprise?”

“Of course!”

She clapped her hands once to gain their attention, “Okay, for today’s class. I want you to make your own present for your parents. We’ll be have a lot of things to do but you don’t have to worry~~ I’ll be there when you need me, okay?”

“Ne!”

“Seonsangnim!” one of the students raise his hand, “Can I make an airplane for them?”

“Of course you can! You can make everything that you want to give them” she look around the class with smile plastered on her face. Her student was thinking so hard about the gift. She could see that some of them are already making their gift and there are some of them who still thinking hard but after a while, she could see a bright smile on their faces. She sit quietly on her desk and sometime she would walk around the class to see what her student’s doing.

It was near a lunch time when one of the teachers come to Jinri’s class and tell Yoona that the headmasters want to meet her quickly. She told her class that she would go to the headmaster’s room for a while and will be back quickly.

Jinri was sitting quietly on her desk. She was drawing her daddy and her mommy because she think that her daddy will love it very much. She was drawing excitedly when she see someone standing in front of her desk. “What did you do?” that person said.

Jinri look up from her works just to find Hyunwoo standing there curiously, “I’m drawing my daddy and my mommy”

“You mommy?” Jinri nodded her head. She was about to continue her works when she hear Hyunwoo saying something that make her sad, really sad, “But you don’t have a mommy, right?”

Jinri try to hold back her tears. She still remember her daddy’s word about her mommy will be sad if she see Jinri sad. “I have” she replied quietly.

“Where? I never see your mommy at all”

“I couldn’t see her but daddy said that mommy always be with me”

“Aaah… it’s the same. You don’t have a mother”

“I have!”

“No! You don’t!”

“I said I have!” Jinri scream at the top of her lungs. Tears started to fall from her eyes. She couldn’t hold her tears anymore. Hearing Hyunwoo’s word again and again make her really hurt and sad.

“If you have a mother, why I never seen her! Why didn’t she walk you to school everyday!”

“It’s because my mommy is in heaven!”

“It’s the same as you don’t have a mother! Not at all!”

Jinri couldn’t take it anymore. She pushed Hyunwoo hard and run away from her class. Tears fall freely from her eyes. She couldn’t see where she’s going but she continue to run. She didn’t want to come back to her class. She didn’t want to meet Hyunwoo again. She hate him! She hate him because he always said that he has no mommy. Is it her fault that her mommy is not with her? Is it her fault that she only has her daddy? Is it her fault that her mommy is in heaven?

Jinri could feel her legs getting weaker. She just let herself fall. She didn’t care if the other people are looking at her weirdly. She cry her heart out. She never told her daddy but it killing her. when she saw the other child go to class with her mother, she want her mommy to walk her to her class too. She want her mommy to cook her meal. She want her mommy to tell her a story before she sleep. She want her mommy to hold her when she was sad. She want to play with her mommy and her daddy. She just want her mommy to be here! To be with her!

Jinri start to cry harder. Thinking about everything that she do without her mommy was making her become sadder. She never told her daddy because she didn’t want her daddy to become sad. She want her daddy to be happy. She didn’t like to see his daddy sad, especially when she ask her daddy why her mommy was not here with them. Why they always go to a grave on mother’s day instead of going somewhere with her mommy.

These thoughts make Jinri dizzy. She was so dizzy until she couldn’t see anything but then she could feel warmth start to crawl on her cold body before she pass out.

When Jinri come to her senses, she could still feel the warmth that is felt before. Jinri open her eyes slightly. It was so hard to open her eyes but she manages to open them even for a little. Everything was blurry, she blink her eyes twice but it still blurry. She could see a blurry pink shirt. She look up slightly, even though it was blurry but she could feel her eyes widen a few centimeter before small smile creep up on her now pale face. She snuggled to the person’s body before she let the tiredness overcome her.

‘Mommy…’

 


 

Here is the continuation of Be My Mother Seonsaengnim~~

I want to thank everyone who comment, subscribe and upvote this fic

wooow~~~ really~~ 18 subscribers and 2 upvote!!

I'm so happy right now~~ *dance around*

 

hopefully you are liking and enjoying this chapter too ^^

and guess what?? Because I'm really happy, I'm going to give you a spoiler for the next chapter

Can you guess who's coming? Yes, It's our Minnie~~ hehe and he's going to meet Jinri on the next chapter~~

 

Until the next chapter

See ya~~~ *wave hand and vanish like a ninja*