Three

Dream Of Me

"What's that Junmyeon hyung?" Jongin asked as he watched his cousin doing something on the computer which he couldn't understand how Junmyeon did it but he knew that his cousin was making a movie.

 

"It's for our project. Do you want to try?" Junmyeon offered. Jongin shook his head, and refused because he may disturb his busy cousin because Junmyeon didn't dare to look at him once he arrived in his house.

 

And when Junmyeon found a time to take a glance at Jongin, he asked, "What happened to you??" because Jongin was soaked in the rain.

 

"We got soaked.." Jongin answered sheepishly.

 

When Junmyeon heard the word ‘we’ he asked, "Oh? With whom?" as he got a towel for Jongin who was in the bathroom.

 

"With Kyungsoo hyung." Jongin grinned and Junmyeon smiled. "We will be seeing stars this Sunday." Jongin informed Junmyeon proudly inlove.

 

"Just the two of you?" Junmyeon cocked an eyebrow; he was somewhat jealous because the people around him were inlove while he was not.

 

"Yes, just the two of us." Jongin smiled, dreaming of what will happen on Sunday.

 

"And you will confess your feelings?" Junmyeon asked. Jongin was about to answer but their conversation was cut because someone's calling on Jongin's phone, the man of my dreams, it says.

 

 

"Hello hyung?" Jongin answered the phone, getting ready not to shout because this would be the first time he’ll hear his hyung’s voice on the phone.

 

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo's voice trembled but still Jongin heard an angel who called his name.. "C-C.. Please!! Please come here!!" Kyungsoo shouted as if there’s a zombie running after him.

 

"Hyung what's the problem??" Jongin asked worriedly, wearing the spare clothes Junmyeon gave him.

 

"Baek is killing me!" Kyungsoo shouted and Jongin could hear Baekhyun's voice from the phone.

 

"I just want you to help me!! I don't know what to do!!" Baekhyun's background voice.

 

"Okay, I'll be there. Don't get caught, I don't wanna lose you." And Jongin ended the call, grinning.

 

 

He was startled when Junmyeon threw a pillow on his face. "The ?! I don't wanna lose you?! Eww!!!" He just smiled and gave thanks to the shorter one who continued his business after insulting Jongin for being so cheesy.

 

= = =

 

Jongin was greeted by a pillow that was thrown by Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes popped out of its socket when he saw Jongin picking up the pillow which was just thrown at him. "Why are you - argg!! You!! Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun ran after Kyungsoo aiming pillows at him.

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he saw Jongin entered his apartment and ran towards him, "Ah Jongin!!" Kyungsoo then hid on Jongin’s back and of course, Jongin protected him.

 

Baekhyun frowned when Jongin’s strategies of protecting Kyungsoo was successful, "You! Why did you call him Soo??" Baekhyun gave up, sitting on the floor with pillows around him, bathing in sweat and tears.

 

"What happened?" Jongin asked as he helped Baekhyun stand up. Kyungsoo then arranged the things in his house which Baekhyun just bungled.

 

"I-I-I... r-re - go Kyungsoo. I can't tell to his friend." Baekhyun struggled at his words and surrendered. Jongin now has an idea what the chasing was all about.

 

"He rejected Chanyeol." Kyungsoo blurted. Baekhyun buried his face on his palms. Jongin's eyes widened in surprise, "Chanyeol confessed?"

 

"That's why he got rejected." Kyungsoo represented.

 

"Oh that's too bad for Chanyeol. I'll talk to him. I didn’t know, I haven't seen him yet. And he didn’t tell me that.” Jongin thought of Chanyeol who did not bother to tell him that he confessed to Baekhyun, he didn’t even text Jongin. But when he saw Baekhyun frustrated, he said, “So you didn't lie to him that's why you rejected him. Then what’s the matter? You just told him the truth...”

 

"I-I-I lied... I like him but I rejected him... I'm so stupid... And now, he's hurt and he doesn't talk to me anymore!!!" Baekhyun buried his face on his palm, cursing himself.

 

Kyungsoo patted Baekhyun on his back and said, "It's okay to be stupid sometimes..." and continued, "... But you're too much, you're ridiculous. You liked him but you rejected him?? What the hell Baekhyun?? You're weird!" Jongin nodded, Chanyeol must be crying right now, he thought.

 

"I don't know what to do... I'm so stupid!!" Baekhyun rolled on the floor.

 

Seeing his bestfriend’s upset lover, Jongin suggested, "Confess to him." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at him then Kyungsoo nodded. "Yeah, you should go and confess to him."

 

"But he doesn't talk to me." Tears were welling up in Baekhyun’s eyes but he was somehow relieved because of the two boys by his side.

 

"You should go to his house now." Jongin clarified.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened, he didn’t know if he has heard the right thing, "As in now?" Jongin nodded. "B-B-But I don't know-" Baekhyun was about to tell them he doesn't know where Chanyeol lives but Kyungsoo pointed at Jongin who happened to be Chanyeol's besftriend. "Right.." he surrendered and got nervous.

 

"Don't worry, we'll go with you. But we'll not stay." Jongin reassured.

 

The next day, the three went to Chanyeol's house. Baekhyun was not able to confess to Chanyeol the other day because he fainted. His guilt and regret killed him.

As soon as they were at Chanyeol’s front door, Kyungsoo proposed to leave, "I think Baekhyun got this. Baek, you ready?? We'll be leaving now."

 

The wind blew hard... Maybe a sign of rain coming and Kyungsoo's heart beat quickly, unsure if he was ready or not.

 

"Y-Y-You'll leave?" Baekhyun asked nervously, rubbing his palm against each other because he felt so cold.

 

"Yes, because we may disturb you two." Jongin explained and Baekhyun pouted. "Don't worry, we'll support you.. from afar." Baekhyun then nudged Kyungsoo in his waist.

 

"You two!! - Thanks. It’s just Luhan didn’t know about rejecting Chanyeol because he became so busy this week. And I know that if I told him about this, he won’t suggest anything because he’ll just play safe, yah Luhan." Baekhyun rolled his eyes thinking of his bestfriend but he smiled, thanking the two. "But can I talk to Kyungsoo alone?" Jongin nodded and waited at the gate of Chanyeol's house.

 

= = =

 

"Go live your life, my love, Jongin.. we're always here for you.." he could see nothing but black, the same thing of what happened in his life years and years ago. Until he saw a heart-shaped smile which light up his life, again.

 

 

"Jongin-ah!" he opened his eyes and it landed on the most beautiful face he's seen, on Kyungsoo's. "Eh? You fell asleep? I'm sorry! Did we take so long?? Oh?! How can you do it? You are standing while sleeping, that's amazing!" Kyungsoo stated innocently and Jongin chuckled and fell deeper and deeper inlove with the man in front of him. "Then what are you dreaming of?" Kyungsoo continued, his eyebrows jumping up and down and his lips smiled at Jongin.

 

"You." Jongin blurted. But as he realized what he just said, he blushed deeply and bowed his head in fear of rejection. How was he supposed to bring back what he just said? Jongin didn't know, he was panicking inside and he felt a sting in his heart because of its beating, loudly and quickly.

 

Kyungsoo hit Jongin on his arm and said, "Yah Jongin-ah, don't mess with me. Why would you dream of me -- ?" Jongin then looked at Kyungsoo and forced a smile, if only you knew hyung. And he sighed.

 

Something dropped on his cheek and he was shocked that he didn't know that he cried. In front of Kyungsoo again!! But... "Oh?" Kyungsooo looked up, as well as Jongin and they realized that it was not a teardrop; rather, it was a raindrop. "It'll rain. Let's find a shelter or else we will get soak again." Kyungsoo grabbed his hand and Jongin wished that the time would stop. But the truth that Kyungsoo took his feelings as a joke hurt his heart.

 

Pitter patter pitter patter, the raindrops sang but they didn’t mind it. They waited there for some time, waiting for the rain to stop. You could hear nothing but silence and of course, the raindrops falling on the ground.

 

Silence with Kyungsoo hyung by my side, this is better than dreaming and looking at him from afar. Jongin smiled at the thought. He then looked at his hyung who's beside him and who happened to be looking at him, too.

 

They locked gazes and Jongin's heart beat so fast. No one dared to look away, not Kyungsoo and of course, not Jongin, he had been dreaming of this almost every night and day.

 

But Kyungsoo laughed and broke the silence. He looked up the sky and said, "I lied." Jongin then gave him a confused look. Kyungsoo glanced and smiled. "I lied. I've met you before. A long time ago..."

 

 

Little Jongin ran away from home to go to the playground, hoping that coming there, he'll be happy, he'll hear laughs and happiness. He would rather live on a playground rather than in their home which he'll only hear the sobbing and the drip drop of the tears falling from the eyes of everyone in there.

 

But he found no one there, maybe because it was raining that day. No children wanted to be soaked and get sick of the rain; even Jongin didn't want that so he found a shelter from the rain under the slide.

 

He sat down there and waited silently until he fell asleep and dreamt of his parents.

 

In a grassy land, they lied there happily, with their fingers intertwined. They exchanged smiles, laughs, and kisses...

 

All the things that happened flashed in his mind, him being with his parents playing with him, singing with him, watching movies with him, eating with him, cleaning with him, laughing with him, crying with him, sleeping with him in a bed, and dreaming with him. He kept on dreaming of those every night...

 

But those memories slowly fade away, together with tears, because he didn't see himself being with his parents lying in their deathbeds which hurt him. They left him in that world. But they're always there for him in his dreams and even in that world. They loved him, he loves them.

 

 

"Hey you." A child who seemed to have a runny nose woke him up. "You, wake up. The little boy shook his shoulders.

 

Little Jongin slowly opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was that heart-shaped smile given by the little boy who woke him up. "Y-Y-You're wet." Jongin said as he realized that the little boy was drenched in the rain. And he pulled the boy to be sheltered under the slide.

 

"No, no need to be under this slide." The little boy said and smiled which hid his big eyes.

 

"But you'll be sick." Little Jongin insisted, stomping his feet for the little boy take a step so he won’t get wet again.

 

But the little boy shook his head, "No, not anymore. It's like I just bathed with my clothes on, it's the same."

 

"But when you got sick, then you died, it will never be the same." Jongin shouted, tears welling up in his eyes.

 

The boy's wide eyes widened and he laughed. "Oh you're exaggerating! Die? You want me to die?" the little boy pouted.

 

"N-N-No, it's not what I meant. Sorry." Jongin bowed his head to apologize.

 

"I know!" the little boy then ruffled his hair as if he's a lot older than Jongin. "Come with me?" the little boy walked towards the rain and got wet again. He stretched his hand, asking Jongin to join him. "Let's enjoy the rain? Together?" the boy smiled.

 

Jongin reached for the little boy's hand and smiled. “Together!!” They played and laughed under the rain.

 

 

Jongin smiled at the memory, and tears welled up in his eyes as he wondered where the boy could be. Kyungsoo was staring at him and smiled. He stepped in the rain and Jongin’s eyes widened in surprise.

 

Before Jongin was able to speak, Kyungsoo invited him, "Let's enjoy the rain? Together?"

 

Jongin's heart beat faster at what he just heard. "T-T-That kid... I-I-It's you??" Jongin choked at his words, unable to believe.

 

Kyungsoo nodded, "Let's enjoy the rain??" and asked again. And he stretched his hand to reach the boy, "Together hyung." And he smiled. They held hands and enjoyed the rain, together.

 

 

"I never thought you were that kid!!" Jongin said playing with his hyung's fingers.

 

"Well, when I saw you sleeping, I realized that it was you. I remembered because it was also raining that day." Jongin turned pale, thinking that Kyungsoo might had heard him mumbling his name.

 

"You don't know because you were sick. And you were asleep, and I think you were dreaming..." Kyungsoo then looked at Jongin whose eyes were focused on the ground and seemed nervous. Kyungsoo smiled. "Of me."

 

Jongin froze at Kyungsoo's heart-shaped smile and at what he just heard. His heart was beating fast, so fast.. "I-I-I.." Jongin was lost for words, he didn't know what to say, and he flushed red and bowed his head again. He felt like crying, it’s so embarrassing.

 

"I like you." Kyungsoo blurted. And Jongin looked at his hyung in disbelief, "I like you." Kyungsoo repeated. The time got in slow motion; his heart was thumping quickly and loudly. His heart was leaping in joy. "In fact.."

 

"I love you." The two boys said those three words at the same time which made their hearts beat as one.

 

Kyungsoo smiled as well as Jongin. "Oh ." Jongin said as he pulled Kyungsoo into a tight hug, tears welling up in his eyes. "I've been dreaming this for so long." Kyungsoo chuckled and hugged Jongin tightly, "Well, it's not a dream anymore. I'm here."

 

"My dream is in my arms. I hope this is not a dream." Jongin closed his eyes to pray that that was not a dream. Kyungsoo told Jongin to open his eyes and said, "I'll prove to you that this is not a dream." Kyungsoo tiptoed and leaned in to kiss Jongin.

 

Jongin flushed red when he felt Kyungsoo's soft lips on his. It was a short peck but it seemed like forever. Though it was just a little peck on the lips, their hearts leap in joy. It was a little peck that he wanted something more and some time to spend together, not in that dream, but in this reality.

 

"I would never sleep forever because I want to be with you." Jongin assured after the kiss. Kyungsoo chuckled, "I will pour hot water on you if that ever happens."

 

Jongin laughed but complained, "But I will burn my skin and will get darker."

 

"So what? I still love you." Kyungsoo stated and Jongin flushed redder. He didn't expect that his hyung is cheesy, just like him. "Oh, I like your blushing face." Kyungsoo teased and Jongin buried his face on his palm, his stomach was tickling him..

 

"Hyung... I feel... shy..." were the words Jongin was able to manage to say and Kyungsoo laughed at the sudden openness.

 

Then Kyungsoo ruffled Jongin's hair and kissed him again, Jongin didn’t want to leave Kyungsoo’s mouth again but,, "Let's go home."

 

They held each other's hands and walked together. Kyungsoo singing and Jongin playing Kyungsoo's soft hands pictures the two boys inlove with each other who dream that that will never ever ever end.

 

= = = = =

 

"Hyung, I'll be going now." Jongin asked permission to Kyungsoo in the library.

 

"Huh? This early?" Kyungsoo asked, a little bit worried.

 

"I think I just need some fresh air, my chest hurts, I feel I can't breath." Jongin said, clutching his chest.

 

Kyungsoo felt nervous at what he heard. "What? Then let's go to the clinic? Or hospital? Let's -" Kyungsoo then stopped because Jongin laughed. And he glared at Jongin learning that the younger was just messing with him.

 

"You!" Kyungsoo was about to walk out but Jongin pulled him closer. "I'm just kidding hyung." Kyungsoo hit Jongin weakly. "And it's not a good joke!"

 

"Sorry hyung. But really, I have to go now. I have something to do." Jongin smiled. Jongin was about to walk out when Kyungsoo held his hand, "Want me to come with you?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"No. I'm okay, I can handle." He smiled lovingly at his hyung.

 

"Okay, take care." Kyungsoo said.

 

"You too, hyung." Jongin smiled. And they stared lovingly at each other.

 

"Could you please cut that out?" the man beside them said, but not looking at them. "It's the library you know. You should get a room and continue that there."

 

Jongin pouted at the stubbornness of the man and Kyungsoo chuckled. "Right, sorry."

 

Then the man looked at them, "Hey, I thought he's not your boyfriend? Then why are you like that, showing affections, beside me??" the man complained.

 

"Sorry Sehun, we just started going out." Kyungsoo explained, smiling sheepishly at Sehun. Because Sehun once got jealous at Jongin being with Luhan all the time. Well, he also got jealous because of that.

 

Sehun just nodded.

 

"Well, I'll be going now hyung bye.!" Jongin bid goodbye when no one’s speaking.

 

"Will I see you after school?"

 

"Mmm. I am not sure but I'll call you if I could or not." Jongin said and waved goodbye to his hyung. Kyungsoo nodded.

 

 

Jongin has left the library and the school, probably. Kyungsoo sat down beside Sehun and asked him what the younger was doing. Sehun looked at him blankly, "Are you blind? Can't you see I'm writing??"

 

Kyungsoo then shut his mouth up not wanting to speak to the stubborn boy again.

 

= = = = =

 

"Jongin-ah!" Kyungsoo playfully skipped towards the sleeping Jongin sitting on the bench. "Wake up sleepyhead." Kyungsoo showered the younger with kisses.

 

Jongin was startled by Kyungsoo's lips but a smile was imprinted on his face. "Ah hey hyung.." Jongin flushed red, because Kyungsoo was kissing him in public!! And he could see the disgusted faces of the people who could see them. "L-L-Let's go.." Jongin held Kyungsoo's hands and dragged the shorter one to the amusement park.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened in excitement. Jongin asked if his hyung had been in a place like this before. Kyungsoo shook his head; his eyes were sparkling because of the things he saw for the first time.

 

Jongin squeezed his hand and winked. "Let's make memories." Kyungsoo then gave him his signature heart-shaped smile which made Jongin's heartbeat faster than usual. And to Kyungsoo's surprise, Jongin pressed his lips against his.

 

"Let's go hyung." Jongin placed his hand on the shorter one's shoulder which made the both of them comfortable.

 

"Where do you want to go first Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked clinging onto Jongin's arms.

 

"Uhm, how about you?" Jongin answered him with a question.

 

Kyungsoo hit Jongin, "Yah, I asked you first."

 

"Uhm. I'm fine. I just wanted to be with you." Jongin answered which made Kyungsoo blush. And Jongin smiled and hugged him which made the shorter one's heart beat faster.

 

"Let's just go in the horror house." Kyungsoo dragged Jongin to the horror house. And when they're about to get tickets, Jongin stopped, "Are you scared?" Kyungsoo asked. Jongin looked away, his lips were pale and feeling ashamed because he's a coward and afraid of ghosts.

 

"Then let's just go somewhere else?" Kyungsoo caressed and patted Jongin's cheek. Jongin looked at his hyung lovingly and insisted to enter the horror house. He just loves his hyung so much. So much that he'll do anything to make him happy, as long as his hyung is happy, he will do anything.

 

"Are you sure?" Kyungsoo asked, a little bit worried, Jongin turned pale. "We could take other rides be-" Kyungsoo stopped just as Jongin kissed his lips. "I can handle." And Jongin smiled.

 

They entered the horror house. And they're filled with screams, shocks, and laughs seeing other people's reactions.

 

Jongin was scared, as in really scared in ghosts, but now with Kyungsoo by this side, all he could see is not these happy-foundation-day ghosts but angels because with Kyungsoo by his side, clinging onto his arms, he is in heaven... in disguise because his daydreaming was interrupted when someone scared the hell out of him that he suddenly felt a pang in his chest. He instantly punched the ghost and Kyungsoo shouted in surprise, "Jongin!!"

 

The ‘ghost' whined and Jongin was frozen because he had just caused a scene. "."

 

After they got out of that horror house, Jongin looked pale; Kyungsoo asked him if he was alright and Jongin decided he'd apologize to the ‘ghost' he just punched. The ‘ghost' has a bruise on its face and told them that it added the black in his eyes now, first, the eye bags and now, the bruise. But Tao told them that it's okay, he's used to it.

 

Jongin felt down after that incident that he felt like he didn't want to continue this amusement park thing.

 

"Hyung I'm really sorry but I don't want this anymore."

 

Regret was the look on in Kyungsoo's wide doe eyes, "Are you sure?" and Jongin nodded lazily.

 

They just went to the park and lied on the grass.

 

"Are you alright Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked as Jongin lied on his lap.

 

"Uhm, to be honest with you, not really because of that horror house, it scared me to death." Jongin answered.

 

"I'm sorry for dragging you there." Kyungsoo pouted, guilt was filling up in his chest. Jongin sat up, "No hyung, it's not your fault. It's mine. I'm a coward. And I punched him in the first place. So it's not your fault. I didn't feel his presence when he was about to scare me." Jongin smirked at the listening Kyungsoo. "And because I was dreaming of you."

 

Kyungsoo was surprised, but a smile formed his lips. "Daydreaming of you, rather." Jongin corrected. And Jongin smiled sweetly at his blushing Kyungsoo. And decided to so his hyung won't feel guilty.

 

They chased each other, and their laughter filled the air.

 

They lied on the grass once again when they're out of breath and energy. "Hyung, to tell you, this is much better than that amusement park." Jongin stated, breath slowly going back to normal.

 

"I agree." Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

"Can I lie on your lap?" Jongin asked.

 

Kyungsoo sat up and lean his back under that shady tree. "Here you go." Jongin smiled. And as Jongin lied on his lap, Kyungsoo quickly pressed his lips on Jongin's forehead.

 

Kyungsoo smiled but Jongin frowned. "Why not here??" Jongin pouted. Kyungsoo smiled and gave Jongin a peck on his lips and laughed as he remembered something.

 

Jongin then gave him a questioning look. "Why are you laughing? Does my breath smell bad?" Jongin pressed his palm on his lips.

 

Kyungsoo laughed, "No, no, no.. haha. It's just b-b-because. There's one time when you pouted cutely like that.. I..." Kyungsoo looked away, and his face was red.

 

Jongin sat up and lifted the shorter one's chin to look at him intensely. "You what, hyung?"

 

Kyungsoo frowned because his boyfriend is so freaking hot... but he answered. "When you pout... I-I-I always think.. t-t-that.. i-i-if you are..." Kyungsoo hesitated. He's drowning on those brown eyes. " a g-g-good kisser." Kyungsoo continued and buried his face in embarrassment.

 

Jongin was shocked but he chuckled. He shoved Kyungsoo’s hands on his face and replaced it with his. He then lifted Kyungsoo's chin and said, "Do you want to know?"

 

Kyungsoo didn't have the time to answer that because he found himself drowning in Jongin's kisses. "I love you." They said in unison and in between hugs and kisses.

 

= = = = =

 

"Look at that big staaar hyung." Jongin childishly pointed the star that caught his attention right from the start when they climb on the roof to star-gaze.

 

"Oh!!!" they are both astonished when they saw a shooting star. And their eyes sparkled as that shooting star was followed by many more.

 

"Oh my god Jongin, this is so beautiful." Kyungsoo clung onto Jongin's arms and felt that his eyes were welling up in tears because of the overwhelmed feelings. "Oh! Oh! Let's make a wish! Before it runs out!!"

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and quickly made a wish, or rather wishes. He wished that they would always be together, he and Jongin. He wished they would always dream of each other. He wished that whatever Jongin wishes and dreams of will come true.

 

He then opened his eyes and looked at Jongin who was smiling and staring at him. "What did you wished for, Jongin-ah?"

 

Jongin sheepishly smiled and said, "Nothing."

 

Kyungsoo pouted, he thought Jongin wished for something because Jongin was the one who invited him to star-gaze together. "I know you wished for something Jongin-ah!"

 

But Jongin insisted that he didn't wish for anything. "Didn't I tell you that I don't like someone lying to me?" Kyungsoo's eyes furrowed, "You're just stingy."

 

Jongin pulled Kyungsoo into a hug and declared, "I don't have to wish on those shooting starts hyung because I'll only wish my dream to come true. Why would I wish for that if the dream I wish for is here by my side. And I'm hugging him right now."

 

Kyungsoo's heart melted at those words and beat quickly together with Jongin's. "I can hear your heart." He placed his ears on Jongin's chest.

 

"Yeah, and it's beating because of you.. And for you.."

 

"Urgh, really Jongin." Kyungsoo buried his face on Jongin's chest and Jongin chuckled.

 

"Really, I could die now Jonginnie." Kyungsoo mutters. “And be one of those stars.”

 

“You wanted to be a star??” Jongin asked after hearing the complain of Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo smiled teasingly and said, “Yes, so I’ll be the one to make your dream and wishes come true.” And now it’s the time of Jongin to blush deeply, and Kyungsoo to laugh.

 

Then Jongin answered back, “No need, just stay by my side, I won’t need any stars for my dreams and wishes to come true. Because my dream became my reality.”

 

Kyungsoo hit Jongin and pinched his cheeks which startled Jongin, "You're so damn sweet!! That my heart wants to burst!! You're so... I love you." Kyungsoo said and pressed his lips into Jongin's.

 

"You are the man of my dreams, Mr. Do Kyungsoo." Jongin said. "In fact, you are my dream." Jongin added.

 

Kyungsoo smiled and said, "Then, you are my reality. Kim Jongin."

 

"And I love you too, so let me sleep in your arms." Kyungsoo then pulled Jongin into a hug. "Dream of me, Kim Jongin." He whispered.

 

= = = = =

 

They were sitting side by side in the library when Kyungsoo noticed that Jongin was pale. "Jongin, are you alright?” Jongin gave him a confused look, “Yes hyung. Is there a problem?"

 

"Nah, I thought you were pale." Kyungsoo shook his head.

 

"Am I?" Jongin touched his lips and grinned, looking naughtily at Kyungsoo. "Then you can kiss it to-"Jongin wasn't able to finish what he's saying because Kyungsoo threw a book to him.

 

"Don't tease me Jonginnie." Kyungsoo then looked around, wondering if one of their friends is in the library and then sat closer to Jongin. "Hey Jongin, has Luhan told you anything about Oh Sehun?" Kyungsoo whispered.

 

Jongin was a little bit surprised because Kyungsoo didn’t talked about Luhan after some time so he just answered, "Um,there was a time when Luhan asked me about him. Why?"

 

Kyungsoo grinned and winked and it confused Jongin more, so Kyungsoo explained, "Sehun likes Luhan, but don't tell Luhan that. Let Sehun do that."

 

"Really? But yeah, it's not impossible to fall inlove with Luhan. I mean, he's sweet, charming, and he always smile. He loves his family so much. And he has an angelic voice.." Jongin explained and Kyungsoo, even though he knew he shouldn't, somehow felt jealous towards Luhan. Luhan's more attractive that he is... "But you're the one I love." Jongin blurted. And Kyungsoo gave Jongin his heart-shaped smile, feeling relieved, "I love you, too." Kyungsoo then stood up and excused himself to go to the bathroom.

 

"Take care." Jongin smiled and said.

 

"Urgh, so sweet.” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

 

Jongin was busy rewriting his notes when Luhan suddenly appeared form nowhere so he shouted in surprise. And Luhan was surprised too. "Luhan! You surprised me!!" Jongin's heart suddenly stung.

 

"Well, I'm sorry." Luhan smiled sheepishly, "So how was it going?" Luhan asked. Jongin smiled sweetly and it gave Luhan the answer.

 

"Now, how was it going?" Jongin asked back.

 

Thinking that it was about the lost draft of the book, Luhan answered, "Uhm, I haven't found the book yet but I started another story."

 

"I hope you find the book. But tell me, about Sehun." Luhan flushed red as he heard Sehun's name. "N-n-nothing."

 

"Really?" Jongin teased. Luhan frowned and said, "Don't start with me."

 

Jongin chuckled then asked Luhan.  "Say, Luhan hyung, how do you write a book?”

 

"Why.. Oh Kyungsoo. Hi!!" Kyungsoo has returned from the bathroom.

 

"Hey Luhan." Then Kyungsoo gave him a grin and scared Luhan, Jongin just gave a chuckle. "How's it going? With Sehun?" Luhan made a confused look.

 

"Nothing. Nothing's going on. What are you expecting?" Luhan answered nervously. The two just shook their heads and Luhan then went to Baekhyun who was arranging the books.

 

"It seems like he didn't have a clue." Kyungsoo concluded.

 

"Yeah, but let Sehun find a way to Luhan's heart. Haha." Jongin agreed. "But if the two are destined for each other, the world will let them be happy together." Jongin stated looking to nowhere.

 

"Just like us." Kyungsoo leaned on the taller one's shoulder and poked his cheeks. "We're destined to love each other that's why the world let us to be together." Kyungsoo declared proudly.

 

Jongin then laced his hand with Kyungsoo, "Yes, in this reality and even in our dreams. So dream of me all of the time." And Jongin kissed Kyungsoo's head.

 

"I'll do that." Kyungsoo squeezed Jongin's hand. "I love you."

 

"I love you too hyung. And I'm sleepy." Jongin said and leaned his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

“Dream of me, Kim Jongin.” Kyungsoo chuckled and let the younger one sleep on his shoulder.

 

= = = = =

 

There they lie on the couch, munching the food Kyungsoo cooked and watching Pororo and friends with their bodies pressed together.

 

"Pororo is so cute." Kyungsoo said with his heart-shaped smile.

 

"That's why you are cute." Jongin pinched Kyungsoos' cheeks and laughed hard because his hyung's face stretched so much but he still found it cute. Kyungsoo lightly hit Jongin's hands, "That hurts."

 

"Then let me kiss away the pain." And Jongin pressed his lips on Kyungsoo's cheeks, he tried to stop it, but he also then leaned on Kyungsoo’s lips until the older one was breathless.

 

"I could die now because of your sweetness Jonginnie." Kyungsoo declared whole-heartedly.

 

"What.. No, I won't let you." Jongin seemed scared at what Kyungsoo said, which was a joke.

 

"I was just kidding." Jongin smiled but sighed, "I know."

 

After a minute, Jongin excused himself to get a drink.

 

And while Jongin was getting on his way to the kitchen, Kyungsoo felt a presence. He saw some shadow near the window behind the television. He looked around with those wide doe eyes and felt goose bumps so he ran towards the kitchen.

 

"Jongin!!" Kyungsoo shouted and Jongin turned around who happened to be pale, too. Maybe he felt it too, Kyungsoo thought.

 

"Why are you running hyung? What happened?" Kyungsoo hid behind Jongin. And Jongin confusingly looked at his scared hyung.

 

"Th-t-t-there's a ghost!!" Kyungsoo buried his face on Jongin's back and Jongin laughed. "I-I-It's true!! I felt it!!" Kyungsoo said with teary eyes.

 

Jongin then placed his hand on the shorter one's shoulder and led them the way back to the living room. Kyungsoo tightened and snuggled closer to Jongin. "I-I-I'm scared."

 

Jongin chuckled, "Back when I made a scene in the horror house, you seemed brave and not scared of ghosts."

 

"Because I know that they are people too, with make-ups.. that's why.." Kyungsoo explained, his legs were shaking. Then Jongin placed his hands in front of Kyungsoo's eyes to cover it. "Don't worry, I'm here hyung."

 

"But I can't see you." Kyungsoo held Jongin's hand to shove it away but Jongin didn't let him, and because of this, he pouted.

 

"Then feel my presence, even if you can't see me.." Jongin whispered into Kyungsoo's ears which made his neck ticklish.

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes to look for Jongin's heart and there he found it, he hugged it tightly and said.. "I love you forever,"

 

Jongin tightened the hug and said "Forever, I'll dream of you."

 

They lingered that moment. They both felt the presence of each other even in their eyes closed. Because they felt the love in their open heart for each other. They danced through the wind (coming from the window) and they wished for the moment to last forever.

 

And when Kyungsoo opened his eyes to see the one he loves, his reality, Jongin was crying. "Jongin why??"

 

Jongin opened his eyes. "Is there a problem?" Kyungsoo wiped Jongin's tears away. Jongin smiled and chuckled, "Nah, I just got carried away." But his voice was shaking. Kyungsoo was about to ask him again but Jongin told him, "I'm sleepy hyung. Let's sleep." And smiled.

 

Kyungsoo was interrupted in his dream of Jongin tickling him and kissing his forehead by Jongin playing with his hair softly. And he could hear Jongin's heartbeat.

 

"Jongin,," he mumbled. And shook his head to wake himself up. "Ah,I'm sorry hyung, did I wake you up?" Jongin has stopped playing with his hair, afraid that Kyungsoo might get irritated at him disturbing him in sleep.

 

 "I-I-I'm scared hyung." Thinking that it was because of the ghost, he changed his position so the younger could hear his heart beating for Jongin and so that he won't be scared anymore.

 

The younger hugged the older lovingly, "Hyung, sing me a song." Jongin childishly requested.

 

"What song do you like?"

 

"I don't wanna miss a thing.."

 

"Uhm,, okay...

 

. . . I don't wanna close my eyes

I don't wanna fall asleep

‘Cause I miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing

 

‘Cause even when I dream of you

The sweetest dream will never do

I still miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing~~. . ."

 

Kyungsoo peacefully fell asleep. And Jongin fell asleep too but with....

 

"Yah Jongin!!! You drooled on my shirt!!!"

 

= = = = =

 

He was walking towards the music room when he heard two voices singing. He knew who owns the melodic voice but he didn't know who owns the other one. But their voices are in perfect harmony. He peeked behind the door and of course, his hyung owns the pure one and as he shifted his gaze towards the other, they could be together, especially when they smile at each other.

 

"Jonginnie?" Kyungsoo called and Jongin sprinted to run away.

 

He ran as fast as he could until he felt a sting in his heart. He tried to relax but tears were falling down endlessly and sweat was soaking his body... and worse of all,, his heart was betraying his life.

 

= = = = =

 

They were in the music room practicing for the program for the graduating students which will be held next week. "Jongin's pretty cold to me this week." Kyungsoo pouted and complained to Jongdae.

           

"Maybe he's busy or tired, you know. He dances all day." Jongdae considered. And Kyungsoo nodded. "That's why you have to make him something." Jongdae winked at the guy.

 

"W-W-What should I do? I'm pretty busy too." Kyungsoo reasoned.

 

"If you love someone, you'll find a time to be with him." Jongdae smiled as well as Kyungsoo who thanked him.

 

= = =

 

Kyungsoo followed Jongdae's advice about having time for your love. And now, he's cooking kimchi spaghetti for Jongin. He hummed ‘I don't wanna miss a thing’ while thinking of his reality. Wondering if Jongin was tired, he called Jongin first before going to his apartment.

 

"Yes hyung?" Jongin answered, seemed like he had a cold, Kyungsoo thought.

 

"Jongin, are you okay? Your voice is hoarse." Kyungsoo asked worriedly.

 

"Nah, I'm fine. I just got a cold." Jongin seemed to have a runny rose.

 

"Okay, I'll go there." Kyungsoo decided, fixing his things.

 

"No hyung, no need. I can handle myself."

 

"No, I'll take care of you." He ended the call for Jongin cannot stop him from coming to his apartment.

 

He entered Jongin's apartment and hurriedly went to the kitchen to cook something for Jongin, his kimchi spaghetti is not suited for Jongin's condition. He somehow regretted it but he thought that he could cook it for Jongin next time.

 

While he was cooking, he wondered how Jongin got a cold, it didn't rain yesterday. He slowly went inside Jongin's room. And there he saw his reality facing the other side and reading some papers, so he slowly put the things he was holding down and quietly came closer to Jongin.

 

Jongin was startled seeing Kyungsoo behind him that he had thrown the papers he was holding away. "Hyung ah!!" he held onto his chest. "You surprised me! And why are you here?" he shouted and it was followed by a cough.

 

"What is that?" Kyungsoo stood up and went towards where the papers landed but Jongin hurriedly grabbed it before Kyungsoo could read what was written there.

 

Kyungsoo was about to snatch it from Jongin when he saw the tear-strained face of Jongin and it made him worried, "You cried?!!!" he caressed Jongin's cheeks, but Jongin shoved it away.

 

"Why are you here?" Jongin stood up and arranged the paper he's holding.

 

"I am here to take care of you." Kyungsoo then placed the back of his palm on Jongin's neck but Jongin said, "Didn't I tell you not to come here?"

 

Kyungsoo was startled at the sudden stubbornness of his lover. He looked at Jongin's eyes and found what he's looking for. “Jonginnie, Jonginnie, Jonginnie before we go into a fight, eat first, you need this for you to get well." He handed Jongin the food.

 

"Do you want me to feed you?" Kyungsoo asked teasingly but Jongin was not in the mood to play with him so Jongin just took the food from Kyungsoo and went towards the kitchen.

 

While Jongin was eating his food, Kyungsoo was staring lovingly at him, and it bothered Jongin, "Hyung please, don't look at me like that. You're creepy."

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Oh, I was wondering how did you get a cold? It didn't rain yesterday." Kyungsoo asked in puzzlement.

 

"I was... I got drenched because of the children playing outside. But it's not too much that's why I told you not to come here."

 

"But I'll still come here even if you don't have a cold because I want to be with you." Kyungsoo smiled and Jongin looked away.

 

"Say Jongin, I have something to ask." Jongin looked at Kyungsoo for him to continue, "I..I don't know.. b-but, you're acting s-strangely these days.. I-I'm worried.. Do you have a problem??"

 

Jongin shook his head. "Then why are you cold to me?" Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, whose tears are welling up in his wide doe eyes. "I am not."

 

"Oh yes you are.. a-and it bothers me. I can't help thinking that you don't love me anymore.." Kyungsoo said even if he knew Jongin might get angry at him for thinking that way.

 

Jongin looked away and said, "Maybe. I-I'm busy."

 

"J-J-Jongin..." Kyungsoo choked at his words.. "D-Do you.. still l-l-love m-me??" Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with teary eyes. "A-answer me.. do you love me?"

 

After a minute or two of complete silence, Kyungsoo sprinted out of Jongin's apartment. And ran to nowhere.

 

Until he got tired and stopped in a playground where the kids were playing happily with each other, and some have their nannies guiding them. He smiled at the thought the he and Jongin once played in a playground.

 

But his heart died at the fact that Jongin doesn't love him anymore. His knees weakened and he fell on the ground with the raindrops soaking his clothes. But he fell inlove with Jongin who didn't catch him that's why he's broken.

 

"Let's enjoy the rain? Together????????"

 

= = = = =

 

"Kyungsoo what happened? You seem not in the mood." Jongdae complained because their rehearsal for this week's program was not good because of the broken Kyungsoo.

 

"I'm sorry Jongdae." Kyungsoo sniffed. "Can I call it a day??"

 

"But you are the lead singer Soo. Tell me what happened." Jongdae asked, with concern. Kyungsoo looked at Jongdae, broken. "H-H-He broke up with me."

 

And there, Jongdae let his shirt be soaked on tears.

 

Jongin ran. He ran until he got tired and felt a sting in his heart. He missed Kyungsoo and he wanted to see him, even from afar, like before. But seeing Kyungsoo broke down and in the arms if someone, he dreamt of dying.

 

So he ran and ran towards the canteen and bought a bunch of food with a lot of cholesterol in it and soft drinks. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Luhan stared at him while he mindlessly ate the foods. Baekhyun gave him a disgusted look, "Jongin please."

 

"Why?" Jongin asked, trying to smile. Yes, he smiled at his stupidity.

 

"You're insane." Chanyeol continued.

 

"No, I'm not."

 

"Then why are eating like that? And why are you eating that? That's not healthy." Luhan said.

 

"He's punishing-" Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun on his waist to stop what Baekhyun's about to say. "I'm okay, I'm healthy." Jongin reassured.

 

"You're so bad Jongin..." Baekhyun stood up, "You're so bad at lying. Stop pretending, will you?!! You're just disgusting!!!!" And Baekhyun walked out the canteen.

 

"Jongin-"

 

"He's right Chanyeol. Follow him." Jongin stated, he wanted to cry.

 

"Take care. And I'm sorry, for him telling you those.." Chanyeol bowed his head.

 

"I deserve that. Tell him thank you." Jongin smiled and Chanyeol followed Baekhyun. Luhan patted Jongin's back. "Jongin.."

 

"It's so painful. I'm the reason why he's like that." Jongin’s tears fell. Luhan wanted to cry also but he had to be strong for his friend, "Jongin, why did you break up with him?" Jongin just shook his head then Luhan stood up to get water and gave it to Jongin. "Jongin, I saw you.."

 

= = =

 

"You need to eat Kyungsoo." Baekhyun said as he sat beside the broken guy. But Kyungsoo replied emotionlessly, "Not hungry."

 

Baekhyun frowned. "You need to eat Kyungsoo. You lost too much weight."

 

"I.. I think I won't be able to sing on Friday night, Baek."

 

Baekhyun then ruffled his own hair, "Move on Kyungsoo." Baekhyun backfired. "Please Soo. It's not.."

 

"It hurts. It hurts... so painful. I-i-I thought he'll dream of me forever and he'll be my reality but..." Kyungsoo's tears fell..

 

"Please don't be like this and you have to move on, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun’s voice was trembling.

 

"No, I don't-" And Baekhyun punched him. " Kyungsoo!! We're here!! And we're here because we care!!! We care for you both!! If it's hard for you, it's hard for us too. Because we're affected too. We're your friends!!! We hope you two know that. So please, don't act like we do not exist, like we're not here for you.. It hurts." Baekhyun's tears fell. "I don't like seeing you like this."

 

Kyungsoo hugged Baekhyun. "I'm sorry Baek. I made you feel like that. All of you. But I don't know. I love Jongin, he's my reality Baek."

 

"Then love him the way you used to. But don't break down like this. You can always love him even though he won't love you back. Even though it hurts, it's okay because it will make us stronger. And so that we could do better next time we fall inlove."

 

Kyungsoo smiled sincerely this time and realized that Baekhyun was right. "Thank you Baek.. But... this is the first and last time I fall inlove."

 

= = = = =

 

Kyungsoo slapped him. "You hurt me and now, you deserve to be alone! I'm happy with him and I'm happy that you're alone." Kyungsoo said furiously.

 

"Hyung, I'm sorry.." Jongin said to Kyungsoo.

 

"Yah, so just dream of me. Because I'll never be your reality. you." Kyungsoo turned around and walked away. Jongin ran towards him but it seemed that he's not moving from his position, "Hyung!" He ran and ran to be able to reach Kyungsoo again, but he realized it's his fault.

 

"Don't hold me if you'll only let me go."

 

 

"Jongin wake up!!" Tears and sweat were soaking Jongin when he was awoken by Lay, his dance partner on Friday night's program.

 

"Hyung!!" and he cried and broke down in front of Lay.

 

"Jongin why?!"

 

"I never wanted to lose him!! I don't want to hurt him. it's just.. I love him so much.. I love him, I love Kyungsoo."

 

"Then why did you let him go??" Lay asked, pitying the broken man crying in front of him. "I love him so much that I have to let him go." Jongin explained.

 

"Then you should be happy." Lay said.

 

"I tried but I seem stupid." Jongin tried to laugh but he just can't, it hurts so much.

 

"Everyone is stupid when inlove."

 

"And everyone is hurting when loving."

 

= = = = =

 

Jongin was running again to nowhere because he didn't know where to find Kyungsoo's heart again, yet he didn't know what to say if he finds it again. And this is the problem which scared him. But as others say, you have to face your problems.

 

"Jongin." Kyungsoo gave him a hand to stand up.

 

"Hyung." Kyungsoo smiled, oh, how he missed that smile, and it hurt Jongin, thinking that he won't be able to see that heart-shaped smile again.

 

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

 

"It's okay. You don't love me? Then fine, because I want you to be happy. And you will be happy if you don't lie to yourself and you just did. And I'm glad even if you don't love me... because I love you. And I want you to be contented, Take care of yourself ‘kay. Do your best for tomorrow's program. Fighting!!" Kyungsoo stated in between sobs.

 

And Jongin's unable to speak and move, his heart hurt so much that he wanted to die. "Well, that's all because Luhan told me that you're not doing good so I decided that if we talk, you'll be able to feel.. a little lighter, I guess?"

 

Jongin smiled and tears started to fell on his cheeks. "Thanks hyung."

 

"Well, see you tomorrow?? And you can fall inlove with someone again, I'm okay." Kyungsoo reassured.

 

"Yes." And Kyungsoo walked away.. And Jongin's heart died. "No hyung.. You are my first and last hyung.  See you in my dreams. I love you, goodbye."

 

= = = = =

 

It's Friday night's program. And everyone's getting ready for their performances.

 

"You ready Soo?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Thanks to you, I've talked to him yesterday because Luhan told me he's not doing well. But it turned out to be good, like a dream. I didn't expect that." Kyungsoo said with a smile in his face, but it's not the same.

 

"I'm happy for you and sorry, I punched you." Baekhyun smiled sheepishly.

 

"Nah, thank you! It's an eye-opener. Love you Baek."

 

"By the way, where's Jongin? I haven't seen him tonight." Baekhyun asked and Kyungsoo just shrugged but he was worried.

 

 

Jongin sprinted towards the school as fast as he can because he's freaking late and he didn't have time to eat because as usual, he dreamt of Kyungsoo and his parents again.

 

"Lay hyung.." Jongin struggled catching his breath. Lay was startled but he dragged Jongin to change clothes, "Jongin!! I thought you won't make it!! So come on!! Let's change!!"

 

"Am I late?" Jongin managed to ask, he was panting heavily, his chest tightened.

 

"Almost! Let's go."

 

They changed their clothes as fast as they could. And got on the backstage afterwards. Jongin's still catching his breath when Kyungsoo appeared.

 

"Are you okay Jongin? You seemed pale." Then Lay suddenly walked away and brought water for Jongin to drink.

 

"Thanks Lay hyung." He slowly breathed in and out.

 

"Jongin." And Luhan appeared. "Are you still going to do this?? You mu-"

 

"No, I'm okay Luhan hyung. I can do it." Jongin gave him a reassuring smile.

 

"Hyung.." Jongin looked at Kyungsoo who's attentively listening to what he'll say. "Goodluck on your performance." And gave him a smile. Kyungsoo can do nothing but to smile to the one he loves.

 

Jongin and Lay got on the stage and gave their all.

 

Hyung, this is for you. I-i'm sorry if I wasted my time sleeping and dreaming of you and doing nothing when I wake up.

 

I love you and I'm sorry for hurting you.

 

I'm happy that I've been with you even just for a little time...

 

I'm sorry...

 

This is the first and last time I fall inlove...

 

I'm dying...