One

Dream Of Me

The wind blew softly and they walked together in the same rhythm. They swayed their intertwined hands with the wind. They smiled at each other. Their hearts beat as one.

 

"Please stay by my side." Jongin said and held Kyungsoo tightly, closing his eyes and embracing the shorter one.

 

"Yes I will. Don't ever let me go." Kyungsoo said as he turned around to embrace Jongin.

 

They lingered the moment in each other's arms until Jongin parted and said. "I will never. I love you Kyungsoo hyung."

 

Kyungsoo smiled. "I lo--"

 

 

 

"Sleepyhead, you get up. We're in school…. Jongin!" Jongin was interrupted in his sleep when Chanyeol, his bestfriend, woke him up, shaking his body.

 

Jongin opened his eyes and it narrowed on Chanyeol who just wake him up in his dreams with Kyungsoo, "What the hell Chanyeol?! He was about to---"

 

"Tell you that he loves you?! How come he'll love you when he doesn't even know your name?!" Chanyeol cut off his statement and Jongin glared at him. "What?! J-just make a move!! Don't expect that he'll like you when he doesn't even know that you exist!" Chanyeol said it frankly even though saying that will only hurt his friend.

 

"You know I can't." Jongin said weakly, pouting his mouth. And dreams slowly dying.

 

"You didn't even try to make a move yet. But you know that you can, he doesn't have a boyfriend." Chanyeol explained expecting Jongin to consider what he's saying.

 

"I can't. That's why I am going to sleep so---"

 

"Nothing will happen if you'll just keep dreaming of him in your sleeps!! If you want your dream to come true, make a move!"

 

Jongin pouted and made a cute face that Chanyeol couldn't resist, almost, that he had to shift his gaze anywhere else but Jongin.

 

"Ha! What do you want?? No. No. No. And stop it, you little brat. Stand up or we'll be late for the next class!" Chanyeol stood up and pulled Jongin to stand. Jongin lazily followed Chanyeol to the gym where their next class will be held and whispered curses for Chanyeol waking him up from his beautiful dream.

 

= = = = =

 

Boredom in PE class, Jongin was only standing on the corner while the others were busy doing their things. Jongin doesn't have any interests in outdoor sports, he prefers indoor sports wherein he doesn't have to hurt or tire himself physically. He is lazy in doing physical activities except sleeping of course and, dancing.

 

No one has ever seen him dance. But through dancing, he's able to express the feelings that no one knows and sees. And now, he could see himself dancing in front of Kyungsoo, the man of his dreams.

 

Kyungsoo sang as Jongin danced. They were a perfect match, he thought. Jongin then pulled Kyungsoo closer to him and Kyungsoo instantly stopped singing, because he could feel Jongin's breath tickling his neck. And Kyungsoo blushed instantly because of that. Jongin looked at the man in front of him and Kyungsoo's doe eyes met his, but he couldn't see any spark in it, all dark. This means…

 

 

"That is not the reality!! Jongin wake up.." Jongin was awakened by Chanyeol, again, hitting Jongin's head with a book.

 

Jongin retorted in pain. "Ah! Chanyeol! That hurts!!" Jongin complained.

 

"Physically but I know that something hurts more even if I hit you a hundred times." Chanyeol spoke the truth that hurt Jongin and it made him feel stupid.

 

"Tss. But you know I don---"

 

"I'm just thinking that if I always hit you, you'll wake up.. I want you to wake up." Chanyeol hit him, harder than earlier.

 

"Ouch. That… hurts, for real!!." Jongin flinched and glared at Chanyeol.

 

"Good." Chanyeol hit him again.

 

"What the hell Chanyeol?! I'm awake!" Jongin's eyes furrowed at Chanyeol.

 

"No, you're not. That's why I'm gonna hit you again and again…" Chanyeol hit him. "Again and again and again…"

 

"Ah stop it, will you?!" Jongin ran to escape from Chanyeol's hands.

 

They chased each other inside the court. Chanyeol was still holding the books and aiming it to Jongin who was running quickly and laughing as Chanyeol struggled to pass through the crowd because of his size of course.

 

"Hey watch out!!" then Jongin stopped… that voice. That precious voice he just heard in his latest dream. The pure voice he was longing for to call out his name. The pure voice was the music in his ears. Jongin was about to turn around to see the man of his dream, Do Kyun---

 

 

"Ah Jongin-ah! Stop it!" Kyungsoo's smile lights up Jongin's world. He wouldn't live a day without seeing Kyungsoo's smile. "Don't do that! I'm ticklish! Hahaha!" Jongin was happily tickling the man he loves.

 

Kyungsoo ran to escape from Jongin. And Jongin happily ran after Kyungsoo until they were both tired and then lied down the grass. Jongin turned around and saw Kyungsoo's beautiful features smiling at him and he couldn't help himself to stare at that heart-shaped smile. He pulled himself closer to Kyungsoo and kis---

 

 

"Hey, are you okay??" Kyungsoo asked with wide, doe eyes and concerned look.

 

Jongin smiled foolishly and said sarcastically. "Still dreaming. Hey Chanyeol, wake me up!" Jongin hit his head to wake himself up.

 

Kyungsoo then turned around to look at Chanyeol and looked at Jongin again with confused big, doe eyes. He found Jongin cute but, a little bit weird. Why did he say that? Did the ball hit him and damaged his brain?? Kyungsoo thought.

 

When Jongin realized it, he drew back and got up to stand. Kyungsoo was in front of him!!! Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo.

 

"Nh.. are you alright? I'm sorry if the ball hit you…" Kyungsoo's wide eyes widened. "Oh god, you're bleeding!!" Kyungsoo suddenly took a tissue and placed it in between Jongin's nose and upper lip. Jongin, still shocked, was unable to process what's happening around him. He didn't know if he was still dreaming or not.

 

Kyungsoo's in front of me. He is talking to me. His fingers touched my lips,, oh gosh… Oh no.. my heart will burst oh no! Chanyeol!! Hit me! Hit me! Wake me up!

 

"Ch-Ch-Chanyeol.." Jongin mumbled without looking anywhere but Kyungsoo. "H-h-hit me." Jongin childishly flapped his hands on the side.

 

Kyungsoo's big eyes got bigger and looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed and said hopelessly, "You're awake. Now, get back to your senses!" Chanyeol walked closer and hit Jongin to wake him up. But Jongin, in an unbelievable state, continued to stare at Kyungsoo, not knowing that he's creeping the cute little owl.

 

"Tsk, I'm sorry for that. But he's alright now; you can go back to your class. Thank you." Chanyeol hopelessly explained closing his eyes in the stupidity of his, unfortunately, bestfriend.

 

"B-but are you sure he's okay?" Kyungsoo said. You could hear in his voice that he's worried but at the same time, scared.

 

"Yes. He's okay. I'll just kill him. I'm sorry if he's scaring the hell out of you." Chanyeol said that made Kyungsoo chuckle.

 

"Haha. Not really. But if he needs something, just call me."

 

"I'll do that." Chanyeol assured. Kyungsoo smiled and walked out the clinic with Kim Jongdae.

 

            Jongin was still staring, slack-jawed. And it's driving the hell out of Chanyeol in anger and regret. He felt sorry for his friend and for himself for having a friend like Jongin, rude to say.

 

"Jongin!! What happened to you?!" Chanyeol hit Jongin very hard that Jongin flinched with teary eyes and rubbed the skin. "What the hell? You ruined your chance!" Chanyeol whispered hardly with gritted teeth.

 

"I-I-I can't b-b-believe it. Is that even true?!" Jongin asked and Chanyeol can't help but to slap his face.

 

"How ty stupid are you, Jongin.. And look now, he now thinks you're weird, you scared him!" Jongin frowned on what Chanyeol told him, "Don't make that face. It's your fault. Now, all you need to do is to sleep again and dream of him forever!"

 

Chanyeol was annoyed and angry which made Jongin feel guilty. Jongin just sighed and apologized.

 

= = = = =

 

Chanyeol and Jongin were walking in the corridor, and talking about what happened yesterday.

 

"I just can't believe that he's in front of me. I just dreamt of him and then I woke up, boom! He appeared in front of me. It freaked me out!!" Jongin explained to Chanyeol hysterically.

 

Chanyeol ran his hand through his hair and said, "Argh, I don't know what to do with you." Jongin just bowed his head. Is it my fault?? That this heart is weak?? That I am weak? I'm a coward?? Jongin sighed.

 

"Chanyeol!!" Chanyeol stopped to see who called him while Jongin's still looking down, letting the guilt and regret eat him.

 

"Hey Kyungsoo." And Jongin suddenly raised his head to look at the man of his dreams. And to his astonishment, Kyungsoo really was with them.

 

"Hi!" Kyungsoo waved and smiled at Jongin and Jongin froze and his heart skipped a beat.

 

"H-h-hi…" Jongin managed to say.

 

"Ah! Sorry for what happened yesterday. I'm the one who dodged the ball and it hit you. Sorry -- Ah, I'm Kyungsoo by the way." Kyungsoo stretched his hand.

 

"J-J-jongin, Kim Jongin.." His heart beat faster and faster as he slowly reached the shorter one's hands. He dreamt that this will last forever and hoped that this was not a dream.

 

"Bond. James Bond." Kyungsoo joked which made Jongin laugh and feel at ease. Kyungsoo's eyes widened first before it turned into crescent ones and he gave Jongin his signature heart-shaped smile which captured Jongin's dreaming heart. And Jongin suddenly felt his cheeks flushed red and he gave a shy smile which freaked out Chanyeol in disgust.

 

"Hey Chanyeol, are you going to attend the audition this Saturday?" Kyungsoo then turned his gaze to Chanyeol and asked. And Jongin looked at Chanyeol too and frowned, his eyes telling Chanyeol, Oh what the hell Chanyeol. All this time, you're friends with Kyungsoo and you didn't even bother to tell me. You always see that I always die whenever you wake me up from my dreams with Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol just gave him a blank look and shifted his gaze to Kyungsoo. "Yeah, I'll be there." Chanyeol answered.

 

"That'll be great. How about you Jongin??" Kyungsoo asked Jongin expectantly.

 

And Jongin was startled to Kyungsoo asking him, "Ah! N-no, I don't sing."

 

Kyungsoo smiled and said. "But it's not only for the ones who could sing. Do you dance? Play instruments? Maybe you can try?" Kyungsoo explained, wanting Jongin to come with them.

 

"Ah, I think I'll pass." Jongin shook his head.

 

Kyungsoo felt disappointed at what Jongin said, "But if you have time? You can just watch us." Kyungsoo pleaded and Jongin's heart dropped at the sudden cuteness of his hyung.

 

"You can watch us right? So go, or do you want me to pick you up this Saturday??" Chanyeol blurted out.

 

"W--But.." Jongin was about to explain that he won't be able to go this weekend until he saw the look in Chanyeol's eyes. You'll be coming or else you're gonna die! Chanyeol's eyes said. "O-okay." And he bowed his head.

 

"So we'll be meeting you this Saturday Jongin?" Kyungsoo tilted his head to see Jongin's face. "Are you okay??" Kyungsoo asked when he saw Jongin made a face.

 

Jongin suddenly raised his head and smiled. "Yes! I'm just nervous, sorry." Kyungsoo smiled and felt relieved. He then waved goodbye and said that he'll be expecting Jongin on audition on Saturday.

 

When Kyungsoo was nowhere to be seen, Chanyeol suddenly grabbed Jongin and warned him furiously, "You! I'm telling you, if you let this chance pass, I'll hit you hard that you won't be able to wake up from your dreams the next day!!"

 

Jongin choked as he tried to escape from Chanyeol's long arms. "Sorry, sorry!! But I get nervous whenever he's around." Jongin defended himself.

 

            "So you always feel nervous when you kiss or hold him in your dreams?! Jongin, wake up! This---" Jongin bowed his head and closed his eyes and then he ran to nowhere.

 

= = = = =

 

"Say Ah~~"

 

"Oh my gosh hyung, you're so cheesy! I can eat on my own." Jongin complained at the cheesiness of his hyung.

 

Kyungsoo pouted, "But I want to feed you. Now say Ah~~"

 

"No, no, no hyung. I don't want. It's embarrassing." Jongin grabbed a pillow from the couch, where they were sitting, to hide his blushing face. Kyungsoo chuckled as he shoved the pillow away.

 

"You're so cute." Kyungsoo said which made Jongin bury his face on Kyungsoo's neck. Kyungsoo chuckled and patted Jongin on his shoulders. Jongin felt comfortable in the shorter one's touch. Kyungsoo caressed his cheeks and gave Jongin a quick kiss and Jongin then felt his heart racing, so much that it hurt…

 

"Get a room you two!!!"

 

And he was suddenly awakened by a voice not coming from Chanyeol but from the person sitting in front of him in the library, Byun Baekhyun.

 

"Get a room, ugh, you're so disgusting. Drooling in a peaceful place like this. Sleeping in the library. Now, you get out! And here, a tissue to wipe that! Shoo, shoo shoo!!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes and shoved Jongin.

 

Jongin lifted his head and sat up straight. "Ah, another alarm clock found." Jongin grinned as he wiped away the drool on his left cheek.

 

"You're so disgusting, did you know that?" Baekhyun was about to throw a book to Jongin but Jongin suddenly lifted his arms up to shield himself from the flying books from the president of one of the clubs in his school.

 

"Hey, you can sing right?" Jongin blurted and Baekhyun just gave him a blank and uninterested look. "Do you somehow, want to join the audition this Saturday??"

 

Baekhyun thought about it in silence but gave Jongin a "No."

 

"But do you have plans this Saturday?" Jongin asked him expectantly.

 

"Why?" Baekhyun gave Jongin a suspecting look. He thought Does Jongin… l-l-l--- No! baek!! Wake up!! Don't ever think or dream of that again!!

 

As Jongin realized the look in Baekhyun's eyes, he burst into laughter. "No, no!! Don't think of that! Hahaha!"

 

Baekhyun then flushed red because Jongin has realized what he's thinking. "Whatever Jongin! No! I won't come to th--"

 

            "Can you come with us??" Jongin suddenly got serious and stopped laughing.

 

"With whom??" Baekhyun suddenly felt like he's to consider Jongin's request.

 

"Me, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo." Jongin answered.

 

"Why? Where?" Baekhyun asked and Jongin smiled thinking that maybe Baekhyun would come with them.

 

"To the audition this Saturday. Don't worry, I won't be auditioning either. I can't sing; my voice you know and I... I don't dance."  Jongin explained.

 

"Then why are you coming when you'll just waste your time there ‘cause I know that you'll just sleep in a corner around the music room." Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

"I won't." Jongin proudly assured because he knew that he'll be staring at Kyungsoo the whole time.

 

Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow and smirked. "No, I don't--"

 

"Please... I won't sleep. I swear!" Jongin raised his right hand to make a promise.

 

"Then why don't you just ask others instead of wasting your time and my time knowing that I won't go with you guys." Baekhyun deadpanned.

 

"Why? Do you have other plans??" Baekhyun couldn't lie; he's bad at lying, so he just shut his mouth up. "So that silence means you don't have other plans. You can hang out with us you know."

 

"My decision is final. Sorry Jongin. Maybe next time." Baekhyun stood up and walked out the library. He had said enough.

 

Jongin frowned. "Ugh, Yeollie~~ Your Baekkie is hard to get along with... Why didn't he want to come with us?" Jongin pouted.

 

After a minute, he thought of how he could speak to Kyungsoo without getting nervous or without hearing his heart thump so hard. And he cursed himself for feeling that way. He could also see the time goes in slow motion when Kyungsoo gives him heart-shaped smile. Jongin was about to fall asleep again because of that smile when something fell into him.

 

"Oh oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry." A man with brownish hair and feminine features said as he picked the book that fell into Jongin's head. "I'm sorry. My fault." The boy continuously apologized and bowed his head.

 

"It's okay now. I'm okay." Jongin assured. He gave Jongin a relieved but a little bit worried smile. "C-can I see the book?" Jongin pointed the book which fell on his head.

 

"T-this??" he asked nervously.

 

"Yeah, can I? I won't tear the book apart, don't worry." Jongin tried to be funny so the boy would be at ease but the boy still hesitantly gave the book to Jongin.

 

And Jongin read, ‘Reaching You Is Just A Dream' "Ouch." He blurted as he felt a heavy feeling in his chest, thinking that if reaching, holding, and kissing Kyungsoo was only just a dream for him just like what the book says.

 

The boy looked at Jongin confused and worried, "Why? Does your head hurt?"

 

Jongin looked at the shorter one and smiled, "No, it's just... Haha... Can I borrow this?" Jongin asked hopefully.

 

"Ah, so sorry it's not yet done." The boy smiled sheepishly but he took the book from Jongin.

 

"Aww, that . But why do you have that when it is--" Jongin's eyes widened when he realized this boy might b-- "Oh my, you write books? A--" Before Jongin could finish his violent reaction, the boy shut his mouth by placing a book at on Jongin's mouth.

 

"No! Don't say it!" the boy shouted that the librarian told them to get out of the library because they're disturbing the other people in the library. The boy frowned as they walked out the library, running his hands onto his head. "Sorry for that." Jongin apologized.

 

"No, it's my fault. I overeacted." The boy gave him peace sign and Jongin found it cute. But Kyungsoo hyung is the one I love.

 

"Hey, I am Kim Jongin. You are?" Jongin smiled and stretched his hand. The boy reached for it to shake hands with Jongin, "Luhan."

 

"Nice meeting you. You're writing a book, you're an author??" Jongin eagerly asked; this is the first time he'd seen an author.

 

"Ah.." then Jongin noticed that Luhan hesitated to answer to him. "Don't worry, I won't tell to anyone." Jongin raised his hand to guarantee this to him and gave him a reassuring smile.

 

"Well, it's not really me who is the author, but it's my father. He passed away--" Luhan choked at his words, remembering the time when his family almost gave in and lost hope. But he continued, "… and my mother can't move because she has been in comatose state since last month, sh--" Luhan looked up to stop his tears from falling because he was ashamed to cry in front of Jongin whom he just met.

 

"You can stop, sorry." Jongin cut off Luhan. "Sorry, sorry for asking!!" Jongin bowed his head guiltily.

 

But Luhan insisted. "No, I'm okay.  It's okay, so, I have to provide the needs of my siblings so I continued what my father started and here, this is the first book. But it's not yet done so.. yeah.."

 

"You can't lend it to me." Jongin finished Luhan's statement and they both chuckled. "Well, goodluck to you, but I should be the one who would read that first, right?" This was supposed to be a joke but Luhan said. "Aye sir!!"

 

"Your book is interesting huh." Jongin commented, looking at the book.

 

"So, tell me."  Luhan said as he pointed at Jongin.

 

But Jongin didn't have any idea what Luhan was talking abou so he asked, "Tell you what??"

 

"When you read the title of my book, I think I've heard an ‘ouch' from you??" Luhan asked, unsure if he has heard the right thing.

 

"Ah, it's because I think that I can only reach, hold, love him in my dreams." Jongin hopelessly and awkwardly stated thinking that Luhan maybe disgusted from him because he's gay.

 

But he erased that thought because Luhan understood and smiled, "Then speak to him."

 

"I.. My heart beats faster and faster and I always feel nervous when he's near me . So much, that it hurts, sometimes." Jongin stated even though it's embarrassing, because he felt at ease with Luhan who is calmer than Chanyeol who's always angry and hyper at all times. He was always violently wounded by Chanyeol who, unfortunately, happened to be his best friend.

 

"Then you should have a medical check-up. Haha. But you should talk to him, you may get a chance, nothing's impossible." Luhan stated calmly and patted Jongin on his right shoulder. "I'm telling you and please expect that you'll be the first one to read this book. I will dedicate this to you." Luhan assured. "Oh well, bye for now. I still have something to fix in the library. And be sure to talk to him this time!" Luhan waved goodbye at Jongin. Jongin smiled and waved back at Luhan.

 

= = = = =

 

Jongin was heading back to their building when Kris, the ace player of the basketball team called him.

 

"Yo, waddup!" Kris greeted him. "Do you know where Chanyeol is?" Kris looked around to see if Chanyeol was there but he failed to see the tall man.

 

"I'm heading back to the room, why? What do you want? Maybe I can tell him? If he's there." Jongin answered.

 

"Ahh, I'm wondering if he can join the basketball team. We're so lacking of players. Maybe, you can also join; your height is good enough to join the team." Kris offered but, as expected, Jongin shook his head."Ah, I'll pass for now. I don't like outdoor sports but yeah, I'll ask Chanyeol if he can join you."

 

Kris smiled. "Thanks and oh please, if you knew someone who could play basketball well, let me know.

 

"I will."

 

And Kris ran to meet up his team after talking to Jongin.

 

Jongin went to the room to check if Chanyeol was there but unfortunately, he has to look for Chanyeol somewhere else to tell what Kris told him.

 

Chanyeol was nowhere in sight so Jongin lazily head back to the building and decided that he'll just tell  Chanyeol if he would have a chance to see him.

 

As he's going to the rooftop, he thought of himself and the others… Chanyeol would be auditioning and definitely going to join the basketball team, and with Kris as the team captain. Baekhyun is president of one or two of the clubs in their school. Luhan is an author. His hyung is his dream, and he would be auditioning on Saturday. But what about Kim Jongin? What does Kim Jongin do? What does Kim Jongin wants in his life? In this school?

 

He answered, "I want to sleep.."

 

Sleeping , he thought. Yes, it makes him happy whenever he dreams of Kyungsoo but it was just a dream. What can he do? He's a coward, he doesn't know why he can't talk to Kyungsoo in reality while in his dreams, everything is perfect for the both of them. He then aggressively turned left and stamped his feet, the wind was blowing hard and dancing with him.

 

Reality as well as this fantasy. Both of them hurt me; both of them break my heart. He fell on the ground, the wind was blowing hard, and he swayed with it. They're playing with my feelings and I am the stupid one who enjoyed playing with them. And they left me, with nothing while I expect them to be there; I expected something from them. But at the end, all they give me is just the pain, the pain that reality was here and then I still have to wake up every morning from the perfect dream. And it'll say ‘Go get your up and get ready to be disappointed, again and again. Cause everything is just a dream.'

 

But that's what life is all about, life is all about hurting. Everyone is hurting. No one is going to live a happy ever after in this world. Only in dreams, will you experience perfection, will you live a happy life, and will you be able to get what you want. But then again, reality will wake you up. And he moved slowly, slowly, and gracefully.

 

If only.. if only I could sleep forever and dream of everything I wanted. If only I could be happy in this life. He inhaled and exhaled.. Breathe calmly and closed his eyes, ready to dream again and wake up to feel that he was really stupid, that in spite this realization, he still kept dreaming and kept on hurting himself.

 

= = =

 

"So, are you joining the basketball team?" Jongin asked Chanyeol as the class ended and the student, of course, are heading their way home.

 

"I can play basketball so yeah, I will." Chanyeol said while walking and fixing the things inside his bag which was hanging onto his right shoulder. "How about you?"

 

Jongin glared at Chanyeol because he knew that Chanyeol knew the answer. But Chanyeol looked at him blankly, expecting Jongin to answer his question, so Jongin just answered bitterly. "Ah, you know I in playing ball games."

 

"What club are you joining then?" Chanyeol said without sparing a look at Jongin who was coldly looking straight on the way and said, "I won't join any club."

 

"Will you audition??" Chanyeol asked again. And Jongin felt lightened up thinking that he would hear Kyungsoo sing, for real. So he said, a little bit excited, "No. I'm just going to watch this Saturday."

 

"Your choice." Chanyeol then waved his hand to bid goodbye to Jongin. And Jongin headed towards home.

 

Jongin went to his bedroom and dropped his bag on a chair and his body on his bed. He closed his eyes and got ready to dream of HIM, again.

 

= = = = =

 

It has always been a normal day for Jongin to be woken up by someone, especially Chanyeol. But he didn't expect to be awakened by his dream, Do Kyungsoo.

 

"Jonginnie, wake up, sleepy boy." Kyungsoo shook his shoulders. But Jongin just moaned, not wanting to be disturb, too busy dreaming of Kyungsoo..

 

"Jongin. Wake up." Ah yes, I fell back asleep, I'm still dreaming of him again, I can hear his pure and beautiful voice.

 

"Jongin." He then suddenly opened his eyes when he realized that he's not dreaming anymore.

 

"Jongin, wake up." Oh yes,, he is not dreaming. Kyungsoo patted him on his head!!!

 

Jongin then sat up straight and wiped the drool out of his face. Kyungsoo smiled and Jongin froze. Oh no no no no maybe this is just a dream.  Chanyeol please, wake me up. Or else I'm gonna melt cause he's staring and smiling at me. I'll collapse, I'll collapse!!

 

He looked at Chanyeol behind Kyungsoo to ask for help. But Chanyeol just said, "Nah Jonginnie! You're awake. This is not a dream. Now, get your up and we'll have lunch."  Jongin was surprised to hear what Chanyeol said and begged Chanyeol to tell that to him again.

 

Chanyeol knew that look so he rolled his eyes and said, "Do you want to eat lunch with us Jonginnie, huh?"

 

 

After some minute, he realized that he didn't say anything but he found himself eating with Kyungsoo.

 

Having a lunch with Chanyeol, Kim Jongdae whom he just met just now, and KYUNGSOO, Jongin still can't believe this. He stared at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo felt conscious about himself seeing the intense gaze of Jongin. Chanyeol wanted to punch Jongin on his stupid face because he could feel that Kyungso was getting scared and Jongdae also, who thought that Jongin maybe was a special child who likes Kyungsoo.

 

"Do I have dirt on my face?" He looked at Chanyeol because now he knew that Jongin won't answer him. He didn't know why and because of that, it bothered him.

 

"Ah Kyungsoo, sorry for that." Chanyeol apologize pointing at Jongin. And he ran his hand across his head.

 

"You two know him, right?" Jongdae asked, thinking not-so-good things about Jongin.

 

"Yeah, Kim Jongin, the one who always sleeps." Kyungsoo smiled looking at Jongin whose hair was going to every direction, or to nowhere, but he found it cute.

"Oh, haha. I like your bedhair!" Kyungsoo blurted and Jongin's face flushed red.

 

"Oh thanks." Jongin smiled, thankful that Kyungsoo spoke to him even if he was being weird. He then looked at the other two, and noticed the expressions on their faces, so he then woke up from his dream, fixed himself, but not his hair.

 

Chanyeol snorted, a little glad because Jongin woke up,  and said, "Jongin, you're hilarious! You're the only person who thanked the man who insulted you."

 

"Hey! I didn't insult him totally!" Kyungsoo protested.

 

"Then I should say telling ‘you have a bedhair' to someone is a compliment." Chanyeol said and Kyungsoo just shut up and pouted at Chanyeol, cursing him. But as his gaze went towards Jongin, he smiled and apologized.

 

            Jongin found it cute when Kyungsoo pouted but seeing Kyungsoo smiled at him, it's the best feeling ever.

 

"Oh hey, by the way, this is Kim Jongdae, friend of mine and he organized the auditioning for Saturday." Kyungsoo introduced pointing at Jongdae who's beside Jongin.

 

"Hi, Kim Jongin." Jongdae stretched his hands and smiled, erasing the earlier thoughts about the guy.

 

"Nice to meet you." Jongin reached for it to shake hands with him.

 

"So, what club are you joining?" Jongdae then asked as their conversation went down.

 

Jongin wanted to roll his eyes when he heard the word ‘club.' But he answered, "No, I won't join any club."

 

Jongdae was shocked, Jongin was the only person he knew who didn't want to join any club. "But why? If you want, you can join our club?"

 

Jongin smiled and shook his head. "Thanks but no. And don't worry, I'll support your club and I will be there in the audition to watch and cheer for you guys." Jongin then assured.

 

"Are you sure you're gonna watch or you'll just sleep there?" Chanyeol teased. Jongin was about to complain when Jongdae spoke up.

 

"Hey, rule number one, no sleeping inside the music room. Or else, don't go in the auditions if you'll just sleep there." Jongdae announced strictly.

 

"Urgh, okay. I'll try my best not to sleep." Jongin surrendered, he didn't want to prolong the discussion.

 

"But you can bring some friends to join you watching us so you won't get bored and fall asleep." Kyungsoo suggested, because he was sure that Jongin would get bored.

 

"Oh yeah. I'll do that." Jongin smiled thinking that he could consider what Kyungsoo said.

 

"So you'll be coming?" Kyungsoo asked and Jongin nodded.

 

"Tss.. and who is this friend whom you'll bring with us huh?" Chanyeol teased Jongin.

 

Jongin smiled as some faces flashed in his head, "Just wait and you'll see."

 

= = = = =

 

Jongin pleaded even though Baekhyun had thrown him enough books saying and hoping that Jongin will wake up and realize that he will never ever waste his time just watching the audition in the music room on Saturday.

 

"I said I won't go." Baekhyun started to walk to escape from Jongin's undying request.

 

"Please Baekhyun." Jongin pleaded and followed Baekhyun.

 

"Why you -- Argh!! I won't come, are you that stupid to understand those 3 words Kim Jongin?!!!" Baekhyun's face was red because of anger which made Jongin flinch and fall silent afterwards.

 

Baekhyun bit his lips and was about to apologize to shocked Jongin when his gaze turned towards Luhan who's going their way. "Hey Lulu!" he called. Luhan then walked towards them and greeted the two boys.

 

"Can you give this to the librarian if you happened to pass the library? I'm just.. ugh!" Baekhyun ran his hand through his hair in frustration. "J-just this person is stressing me out!" and Baekhyun furiously left.

 

Jongin sadly stared at Baekhyun's back and pouted.

 

"What happened?" Luhan asked, patting the back of Jongin.

 

"He doesn't want to come with me." Jongin stated, bowing his head and looking on the floor. "Ugh, I want to sleep."

 

He turned his back to Luhan and started walking. Luhan followed Jongin, "You like Baek?" Luhan asked curiously, based on why Jongin was this upset, he thought Jongin liked Baekhyun.

 

Jongin looked at Luhan and burst out laughing, his energy restoring. Luhan then gave him a confused look, curious why Jongin laughed at him.

 

"No, no. haha. It's not what you think. Oh no, no, no." Jongin managed to say, clutching his stomach. Luhan just watched as Jongin held himself. "Hey do you want to go with me?" Jongin then asked as his face lit up expecting Luhan to accept his offer. "To the auditions in the music room." Jongin added, thinking that Luhan wanted some more information.

 

Luhan then stared at Jongin's pleading face. "Okay, what time?"

 

"Really?" Jongin almost jumped out of joy.

 

"Do you want me to change my mind?" Luhan teased and slightly parted his ways because he'll go the other way.

 

"Oh no, no, no. I'll just ask Chanyeol but it's on Saturday. You can bring Baek if you want, you two are friends right?" Jongin said happily.

 

"Okay.. See you around." Luhan waved goodbye at Jongin and left.

 

"Thanks Luhan." Jongin said before Luhan disappeared.

 

= = =

 

Jongin was walking towards home when someone called out his name. And he froze as he recognized who owns that pure voice which always visits him in his dreams.

 

"K-K-Kyungsoo.." he turned around to look at Kyungsoo and his heart stopped, he took in every second and dreamt this minute to last forever as Kyungsoo ran towards him with a wide heart-shaped smile on its angelic face.

 

"Are you going home??" Kyungsoo asked and Jongin nodded. "This way?" Kyungsoo pointed to where he was heading earlier. Jongin nodded nervously that his heart hurt. Then Kyungsoo's eyes sparkled and turned into crescent ones as he smiled and said.. "Really? Me too!!"

 

Jongin was awakened because he was surprised to hear that from Kyungsoo because he rarely sees him heading that way. It has always been the opposite direction that it once hurt him, but now, it seemed different and it soothed his heart.

 

"Yeah, I know it surprised you but I just moved in to the apartment just a few blocks away from here." Kyungsoo explained. Jongin flushed red dreaming that Kyungsoo and I will ALWAYS go home together. Oh my gosh,, yay yay!! "And that means, starting today, we will always head back home together!!" Kyungsoo concluded happily, and Jongin smiled at what Kyungsoo said… Is this it? Is this the start of my reality? Or is this only the start of another dream? Jongin wanted to jump but he had to control his feelings because oh my gosh, Kyungsoo hyung is walking with me!!!!

 

They talked about many things and laughed at those together. And as the wind blew, Jongin has his vision of Kyungsoo and him walking together hand in hand in slow motion, savoring each moment they are together.

 

"So it's a goodbye for now. See you tomorrow Jongin." Kyungsoo smiled.

 

"Yeah, see you tomorrow hyung." Kyungsoo seemed surprised of Jongin calling him ‘hyung' as well as Jongin. Jongin flushed red and bent his head down. He inhaled and exhaled and blurted a "Can I? Can I call you hyung??" Jongin's heart beat loudly, he jut hoped that Kyungsoo wouldn't hear this.

 

Kyungsoo's stunned face turned into a happy one and showed Jongin his heart-shaped smile. "Of course." And he chuckled. Jongin felt his heavy and throbbing heart calmed down. And the joy in his heart rose up and colored his face red. "Thanks hyung! Bye!!" Jongin waved at Kyungsoo.

 

"Yeah, take care Jongin." Jongin waited until Kyungsoo's apartment's door was closed.

 

And Jongin's heart jumped in happiness as he headed home.

 

= = = = =

 

Jongin dreamt of Kyungsoo and woke up happily and excitedly knowing that this is the start of his dreams turning into reality.

 

As he headed towards school, he couldn't help but to smile dreaming of what will happen at the end of the day, he couldn't wait ‘til the school day pass. Because he'd be going home with Kyungsoo HYUNG.

 

"Jongin-ah!!" he turned around, shocked, to see a running Kyungsoo heading his way. Then Kyungsoo bent down and rested his hands on his lap and caught his breath. "Good thing I saw you when I opened the door. I tried to follow you but you man! Walked quickly and it seems like you're excited to go to school and what's the reason for that?" Kyungsoo asked, smiling teasingly.

 

Jongin flushed red because Kyungsoo HYUNG is the reason why he's excited going to school. "S-S-Should we get going?" Jongin asked nervously, changing the topic for Kyungsoo not to find out his secret.

 

= = =

 

Jongin lazily bowed his head as his teacher discussed the lessons. He wanted to sleep and wake up when the school day is over and walk home together with Kyungsoo HYUNG.

 

"I love you Jongin. I love you Jongin, don't leave. Don't sl--"

 

"Hey Jongin, wake up.." a deep voice interrupted his dream and Jongin got annoyed. He lifted his face to look at Chanyeol with a blank look.

 

"Hey you, why didn't you tell me?" Chanyeol investigated and feeling betrayed.

 

"Tell you what?" Jongin asked confusingly.

 

"About you going home with Kyungsoo yesterday?! And you being with Kyungsoo this morning duh?!" Chanyeol complained.

 

"D-D-Do I have to tell you?" Jongin teased and Chanyeol was about to throw him a book when a fierce-looking Baekhyun ran towards them with Luhan following behind and scolded Chanyeol for disrespecting the books. But Jongin thought, you also throw books at me. Yah! Hypocrite!

 

Jongin rolled his eyes because of the unreasonable Baekhyun scolding them. Luhan just laughed at Baekhyun scolding the guilty Chanyeol.

 

While the two were still in their senseless business, Luhan whispered to Jongin, "Thanks to me. Baekhyun agreed to come with us this Saturday." And winked at Jongin.

 

Jongin's face gave Luhan a grin and gave thanks to Luhan.

 

"That's all, so we'll be going now. Hey Baek, that's enough. Let's go." Luhan then grabbed Baekhyun before Baekhyun could kill Chanyeol.

 

Jongin grinned. "Thanks Luhan!" he shouted and Luhan smiled.

 

Chanyeol then gave Jongin a questioning look and then looked at the one who's clinging onto Baekhyun's arms, "Who's Luhan? The one with Baekhyun? Is he Baekhyun's boyfriend?"

 

Jongin wanted to laugh because of what Chanyeol said, "Are you jealous?" Jongin asked, grinning and thought, Yeollie is inlove. Jongin seemed to hit Chanyeol, Chanyeol froze yet his body was hot, and his cheeks flushed red. "N-No! I'm not!" he denied.

 

"Yes you are!" Jongin teased Chanyeol. And laughed at him because Chanyeol may now feel what he feels when Chanyeol teases and scolds him about dreaming of Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol glared at him, "No, I'm not." Chanyeol denied.

 

"You are." Jongin nodded, wanting to place a bet about this. Chanyeol was annoyed and he felt a sting in his heart so he turned around to walk out. But Jongin stopped him by saying, "Don't worry Yeollie. He's just a friend of Baekhyun."

 

"Just a friend?"

 

"Okay, I could say, they're bestfriends."

 

Chanyeol nodded and continued to walk, his heart was somehow relieved but the fact that Luhan is Baekhyun's bestfriend cannot erase the possibility that they could fall inlove with each other. He knew he's not in the place to feel like jealous but would he be happy when the one he loves is happy in someone's arms? No, he thought. He wouldn't want to look stupid by hiding his true feelings to others.

 

He could only sigh and close his eyes. And for the first time, he wished to sleep and dream of Baekhyun and him together in each other's arms just like what Jongin does.