Paris, Part 2 and An Angel

Eight Years Past: Looking For An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Ga Eul walked in to the exhibit opening, she couldn't help but feel shaky. Her heart beat fast, and her hands where sweaty. She stuck close to her best friend's side. Jan Di had abandoned her husband to have her friend's back.

'I bet Yi Jung-Oppa is going to be much happier now the exhibit stress is off him.' Jan Di said. Ga Eul smiled. She was always a woman who lived on the hope of the future.

'Yep, I really want to see him.' Ga Eul craned her neck above the crowd. The room contained hundreds of people, and the only people she recognised where her best friend, Jae Kyung, Woo Bin, Jun Pyo and the children. Yi Jung wasn't anywhere to be seen.

'He can't be far. It's his own exhibit.' Jae Kyung said from behind Ga Eul.

'Where's Sang Min?' Ga Eul asked quickly. She looked around frantically. He had been beside her just a second ago.

'He's with Woo Bin.' Jan Di pointed. True to her word, Sang Min's hand was tightly grabbed on to his uncle's suit jacket. Woo Bin was handing him sweets when he thought no one was looking. Sang Min was passing them back to Jin Ae, who was stashing them in to a small handbag she was carrying. When it seemed the small bag was full, both the children huddled in to the corner of the room, with the bag. The Goo boys and Min Ki quickly joined them. Ga Eul laughed. She hadn't wanted Sang Min to be hyper before the formal gallery opening, so she'd banned him from sweets for the day.

'Hello.' A familiar voice said. Ga Eul jumped a little. It was her husband's voice. She turned in the direction of it, thinking her husband had come to talk to her. She hadn't even said a word to him in the past few busy days of final preparations for the gallery. But, the sound had come through a set of speakers. Her husband was stood with a microphone on a small platform in the middle of the room. He stated talking in French, and language she didn't speak. Every one in the room laughed. He must of said something funny.

'What is he saying?' Jan Di whispered to Jun Pyo. She was having the same problem.

'That he's glad to have every one here, and that he couldn't of done it with out Sang Min as his motivation. He's also making French word plays.' Jun Pyo said. Both Jan Di and Ga Eul nodded.

'Sang Min?' Jan Di frowned. 'He didn't say anything about Ga Eul-ah?'

'Don't you think I would of translated it if he did? You need to learn some languages, idiot.' Jun Pyo said. Jan Di kicked him. He stuck out his tongue at her.

Ga Eul felt her heart sinking. He hadn't mentioned her? She hadn't really expected him to. But she felt disappointed all the same. Yi Jung finished saying something in French, and got down from the platform.

'Mummy.' Sang Min's cute voice called. Ga Eul looked down as her son tugged on her hand. 'Can we go see Daddy?'

'We can try, but he might be busy, Sweetie.' She replied. She tightly took his hand, and turned to her friend. Jan Di nodded to say she would follow. Ga Eul and her friends wrestled their way through the crowd of fancily dressed people. Sang Min was manging to push through before her. He was leading her.

'Daddy!' Sang Min suddenly shouted. Ga Eul's eyes widened. Sang Min wasn't normally at all loud, but she guessed he hadn't really seen his father in a few days. Yi Jung turned around, away from the people he was talking to.

'Sang, have you looked around yet?' He asked his son. Sang Min shook his head.

'No, I haven't looked around yet, Daddy.' Sang Min spoke eloquently. Yi Jung stuck out his hand.

'Come on, I'll show you around.' He said. Turning back to the other people he had been talking to he excused himself, and walked off with Sang Min. Ga Eul stood very still. She started shaking in rage.

'That punk. It was like he didn't even see you.' Jun Pyo snapped loudly. A few people turned to look at him, but as he was speaking Korean and every one around him was French, it wasn''t too bad. Ga Eul turned to look at him in surprise. Jan Di hit her husband lightly, and hissed at him.

'Don't be like that. I'm just saying it as it is. He's my friend, and I want to punch him.' Jun Pyo defended himself. Jan Di held up her fist again, but Ga Eul stopped her.

'He's right, Jan Di. Leave him be.' She spoke sadly. Jan Di frowned.

'Go and try to talk to him.' Jan Di said. 'If he ignores you after that, then I'll punch him myself.'

Ga Eul laughed slightly. She nodded, and pushed her way through the crowd. Yi Jung was stood in front of a large vase, and talking to Sang Min about it. Ga Eul walked up to the two of them.

'This one's really pretty.' Ga Eul said looking at the vase.

'It's named after me, Mummy!' Sang Min turned around instantly to tell her. Ga Eul smiled. She pretended to gasp in shock. 'Really?'

'Yes.' Sang Min responded, with a large smile across his face. 'Daddy, it is, isn't it?' Sang Min asked his father. Yi Jung chuckled.

'Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter